We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Need help for warden in the moors

Ok just to start off i want to say thanks for anybody who replies.
    read slowly this might just turn into a jumble of words

Ok so first off I am looking for a full essence build in the moors. I want to do some decent dps but also have some survivability.
    so should I use agility or just raw phys mastery or just agility?( I think I read on another thread that said phys mastery gives more mastery than agility essence) but wouldn't the agility essence give me more b/p/e?

also morale essence or vit essence?
    should I put some crit D in it?maybe some might??
    also so for jewrley I am going for some finesse(creep b/p/e is high as of now)
    [CENTER][B]Creeps[/B] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B]R9 Warg: Gurbursh[/B] [B]R8 Reaver: Mozkil R6 Warleader: Kozki[/B]l[/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B]Freeps[/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [B] R4 Warden: Cleglo[/B][/CENTER]

I refuse to grind for the essence gear so I can't help you there. But what I can help you with is to tell you that I've seen most Wardens go with 4 Moors armor and 2 essence pieces. What the 4 is differs from person to person but what I would do is get four of the Spear Lord's set for the incoming healing debuff. Use the other two pieces to build up some critical defense to replace the 3400-something critical defense you get from a two-set bonus from other Moors armor. Other than that, I'm not really sure what to do. Haven't looked into it at all besides that.

Quote Originally Posted by themannweb View Post
    I refuse to grind for the essence gear so I can't help you there. But what I can help you with is to tell you that I've seen most Wardens go with 4 Moors armor and 2 essence pieces. What the 4 is differs from person to person but what I would do is get four of the Spear Lord's set for the incoming healing debuff. Use the other two pieces to build up some critical defense to replace the 3400-something critical defense you get from a two-set bonus from other Moors armor. Other than that, I'm not really sure what to do. Haven't looked into it at all besides that.
    Yes I have heard about that doing that as well I weren't they like not using the gloves and boots aud gear?
    [CENTER][B]R9 Warg: Gurbursh[/B] [B]R8 Reaver: Mozkil R6 Warleader: Kozki[/B]l[/CENTER]

Don't go full essence, you'll get rekt.

Go 4 aud (2:2) and 2 essence if you must, 5:1 if you can...

On said essence piece, put all mits. Once your mits (tactical and fw/oc) are above 45% you're golden for facerolling.

I run 4:2 with a bleed set from non-moors which is also great, but it does hit my mitigations a lot. Even with virtues maxed out, warden mits suck without tons of stuff like Sarchol and essence gear built for mits.

All 3 set bonuses for Wardens now suck massively. The 20% Spear Gambit Damage set only applies to the initial hit on Wall of Steel, Onslaught, and Power Attack line. All of these gambits do poor damage and you'd be better off with 7000 crit D boost from 2x 2sets.

The 12.5% debuff that stacks twice, does not stack twice anymore and doesn't stack with your 10% from Offensive Strike gambit line which tiers up to 30%. So that's a useless set bonus.

And the Fist-gambit damage bonus set also doesn't affect dots and is not worth-while.

There you have it

For facerolling in a group with plenty of heals I run 4 essence and 2 other non-moors pieces, or 6 essence. All set up for mastery. I have around 78,000 mastery with 2 outposts at the moment, should have 83k when finished built. CC's last an eternity in this build though, and you will MELT if you have two or three good BA's hit you at once.
    Absolution

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    Don't go full essence, you'll get rekt.

Go 4 aud (2:2) and 2 essence if you must, 5:1 if you can...

On said essence piece, put all mits. Once your mits (tactical and fw/oc) are above 45% you're golden for facerolling.

I run 4:2 with a bleed set from non-moors which is also great, but it does hit my mitigations a lot. Even with virtues maxed out, warden mits suck without tons of stuff like Sarchol and essence gear built for mits.

All 3 set bonuses for Wardens now suck massively. The 20% Spear Gambit Damage set only applies to the initial hit on Wall of Steel, Onslaught, and Power Attack line. All of these gambits do poor damage and you'd be better off with 7000 crit D boost from 2x 2sets.

The 12.5% debuff that stacks twice, does not stack twice anymore and doesn't stack with your 10% from Offensive Strike gambit line which tiers up to 30%. So that's a useless set bonus.

And the Fist-gambit damage bonus set also doesn't affect dots and is not worth-while.

There you have it

For facerolling in a group with plenty of heals I run 4 essence and 2 other non-moors pieces, or 6 essence. All set up for mastery. I have around 78,000 mastery with 2 outposts at the moment, should have 83k when finished built. CC's last an eternity in this build though, and you will MELT if you have two or three good BA's hit you at once.
    So I should run with 4 aud pieces and 2 essence gear pieces?

And just stack the essence peices with mits?

what like uhm pieces of aud gear should I be wearing though like don't wear helmet/gloves or what?
    thanks for the reply it was very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by soulestice View Post
    So I should run with 4 aud pieces and 2 essence gear pieces?

And just stack the essence peices with mits?

what like uhm pieces of aud gear should I be wearing though like don't wear helmet/gloves or what?
    thanks for the reply it was very helpful
    I'd recommend 5:1 + Sarchol to bump those mits up and when soloing out and about grab the +tac mit (or phys if that's lower (fw/oc) really) class-specific carving.

4:2 would work but would probably be more mits than it's worth due to diminishing returns and the loss of audacity + increased CC time. Up to you really.

As for pieces, depends what your build lacks. If you lack mastery & crit, try and regain it on the bits of audacity you pick. If you lack other stats go for those. Don't worry about BPE (you'll never BPE any ranked creep anyway lol), resist is nice to get high but that's virtue related not gear mostly. I recommend aiming for finesse, it doesn't matter how high your mastery or crit is, your dps is nothing if you're being BPE'd a lot by creeps. In my dps stacked no audacity build I have 16,000 finesse (thats just over 30%) and I still get BPE'd noticeably, anything under 20% makes a 1v1 VERY much more difficult, like you wouldn't believe.
    Absolution

jewelry

I'd recommend 5:1 + Sarchol to bump those mits up and when soloing out and about grab the +tac mit (or phys if that's lower (fw/oc) really) class-specific carving.

4:2 would work but would probably be more mits than it's worth due to diminishing returns and the loss of audacity + increased CC time. Up to you really.

As for pieces, depends what your build lacks. If you lack mastery & crit, try and regain it on the bits of audacity you pick. If you lack other stats go for those. Don't worry about BPE (you'll never BPE any ranked creep anyway lol), resist is nice to get high but that's virtue related not gear mostly. I recommend aiming for finesse, it doesn't matter how high your mastery or crit is, your dps is nothing if you're being BPE'd a lot by creeps. In my dps stacked no audacity build I have 16,000 finesse (thats just over 30%) and I still get BPE'd noticeably, anything under 20% makes a 1v1 VERY much more difficult, like you wouldn't believe.
    What stats should I be going for on my jewerly? Should I try and go for the rest BB sets? right now I have the set that adds 10% spear gambit damage the rest is also BB stuff but has no set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by soulestice View Post
    What stats should I be going for on my jewerly? Should I try and go for the rest BB sets? right now I have the set that adds 10% spear gambit damage the rest is also BB stuff but has no set bonus.
    The only BB set worth having is the bleed proc chance set. The others are useless or provide a negligible buff. The +10% Spear Gambit damage 2-set only affects the base-damage on your spear gambits and as so is mostly useless, since almost all your damage is from bleeds. I use many of the BB jewels for their nice stats though, they're good for DPS-oriented stats, so my jewels revolve around improving my mastery, crit, and finesse, while other bits of my gear are aimed more are picking up my mits, morale, and also finesse.

For soloing and 1v1s I recommend a balanced build, not sacrificing any one thing for any of another. So you want to aim for 20-25% finesse, 50-60k mastery, 25-27.5% crit chance, 24-30k+ morale, 30-45% Fell-wrought and Orc-craft + Tactical Mits as a general minimum I advise 35% to each of these (morale-stacking is awesome for ensuring victory), inc heals and resist, well, my resist sits at 30%, which is nice, inc heals I don't bother that much with except when tanking, but that's because in general I don't heal that much when soloing, my enemies either die or I die because they have three or more healers. The exceptions to this are when there's 2-3 creeps and they have only one or no healers, then heals are obviously necessary.

I find most red-line Warden healing is just holding off the inevitable for a few more seconds, so 50% of the time or more, it's just time better spent dps'ing your way to victory. If I have to heal, I heal when my opponent has a bunch of bleeds on it so I'm not wasting rotation time.

Again, just going for a well-rounded build is key for soloing.
    Absolution

The only BB set worth having is the bleed proc chance set. The others are useless or provide a negligible buff. The +10% Spear Gambit damage 2-set only affects the base-damage on your spear gambits and as so is mostly useless, since almost all your damage is from bleeds. I use many of the BB jewels for their nice stats though, they're good for DPS-oriented stats, so my jewels revolve around improving my mastery, crit, and finesse, while other bits of my gear are aimed more are picking up my mits, morale, and also finesse.

For soloing and 1v1s I recommend a balanced build, not sacrificing any one thing for any of another. So you want to aim for 20-25% finesse, 50-60k mastery, 25-27.5% crit chance, 24-30k+ morale, 30-45% Fell-wrought and Orc-craft + Tactical Mits as a general minimum I advise 35% to each of these (morale-stacking is awesome for ensuring victory), inc heals and resist, well, my resist sits at 30%, which is nice, inc heals I don't bother that much with except when tanking, but that's because in general I don't heal that much when soloing, my enemies either die or I die because they have three or more healers. The exceptions to this are when there's 2-3 creeps and they have only one or no healers, then heals are obviously necessary.

I find most red-line Warden healing is just holding off the inevitable for a few more seconds, so 50% of the time or more, it's just time better spent dps'ing your way to victory. If I have to heal, I heal when my opponent has a bunch of bleeds on it so I'm not wasting rotation time.

Again, just going for a well-rounded build is key for soloing.
    what Hd runs will I have to get the tenacious warden set tho???( don't you have to run certain ones)

this is my rotation right now: Desolation, Sov, Piercing, Brink of victory, Assurity of Death, then I add Mighty Blow is just to let the sov mastery builders that I used come off CD. I try and re apply all bleeds right after the 16 sec mark so they have hit 4 times then boom re-apply.
    works quite well actually, I can do so much dps that i take aggro off a blue gaurd while in red(that was while I was trying to gear up maybe ran like 20-25 sammy's that day, I got tired of tanking so I told the gaurd to tank but I ended up tanking anyway) .

Any BB runs. Provided you get all platinum medals on side quests and main quests if possible, it all contributes towards getting a jewel with a set bonus (at random). If you DON'T get platinums on the quests, you're wasting your time so I recommend learning them and doing your best

Warden DPS is tremendously high, your rotation is slightly flawed but it's starting in the right direction. A more efficient rotation would be: (And I'll let you work out these gambits, with the above screenshot of my builder setup)

This way your hardest hitting gambits are ticking earliest (accounting for ease of building, too).

If you're timing your rotation well enough to be re-applying at 16 seconds, wait until the 20 second mark, or if you use +pulses like I do, 28 seconds. It's an additional pulse which is a huge portion more damage.
    Absolution

Any BB runs. Provided you get all platinum medals on side quests and main quests if possible, it all contributes towards getting a jewel with a set bonus (at random). If you DON'T get platinums on the quests, you're wasting your time so I recommend learning them and doing your best

Warden DPS is tremendously high, your rotation is slightly flawed but it's starting in the right direction. A more efficient rotation would be: (And I'll let you work out these gambits, with the above screenshot of my builder setup)

This way your hardest hitting gambits are ticking earliest (accounting for ease of building, too).

If you're timing your rotation well enough to be re-applying at 16 seconds, wait until the 20 second mark, or if you use +pulses like I do, 28 seconds. It's an additional pulse which is a huge portion more damage.
    I'm not a Vip(yet) and when I was getting pwr lvled by a kinny I maybe gained 300Tp and when opening up the turbine store I realized they were having a mithril sale so I bought the temporary moors pass. I asked a kinny to come and 1v1 me on his R8 ba.(he bought revenge)

so at first I started off with my previous rotation.

I then losing maybe 2 times in a row changed it.(mind you this is with ###### lvl 95 legendaries)

I started with Desolation from battle prep Sov( warden taunt, spear and fist mastery, spear and spear mastery), then used piercing strike( fist and spear mastery, fist and fist mastery) after that I used Assurity of death(fist and shield mastery, wardens taunt, shield and shield mastery), then used Bink of Victory (wardens taunt, shield and fist mastery), last but not least unnering strike( spear and shield mastery then built the rest with gambit bulders { if you have a faster way of building Unnering strike I would love to know}) I could maybe get all those on in maybe 8-12 seconds.

I got better results with the changed rotation(then one I spent a million years explaining lol)
    You are totally right about the creep B/P/E though it is absurdly high.
    I had a gaming mouse so I had no trouble getting in range/being turned around to face him.
    I would do this first thing I would put on hampering javelin then pop recklesness then just do rotation. I no aud gear so I died pretty fast, I did not buy stun pots or anything I was hurrying so that I wouldn't waste time.
    I only have 56 skill points so I don't have enough skill points to get the 20% light damage from blue yet.

also the BB only quest I have trouble with is the protecting horses quest.

Also the new trait they added in red that the last tick of bleeds will do burst damage does that only apply to the Might Blow bleed line?? It seems it doesn't affect the others.

and again: also the set that you're using to make the bleeds last 28 secs are you using that for PVE only and what set is it

I still have 2 more hours left so I will try out your rotation that you posted
    Last edited by soulestice; Sep 07 2014 at 06:01 PM.