We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Hey, Whatsup

Hey, Whatsup

You guys are in consideration for the transfer talks going on, if you guys could... list ALL the information you can( again I know) about the server ..

But instead of answering 6 questions... answer me with straight facts as much as you can. I will use this thread as a go to as I discuss with other members of the transfer group.

Good hunting

Call me Cint

P.S. sorry about the late timing of this post, it was not a slight to your server

P.P.S

Is there any real claim to the rank farmers on this server, is there a lot a little, 3-4? Don't be biased, state facts, i don't need names.

What is the best thing about the server?

The Worst?

If the server was to come, do you guys view it as great! we can have 48v48 and tons of points? or sweet! now we can have GvG all over the map 24/7 (realistically still won't happen)

What don't you like about a transfer mass of 60+ people coming here?

those are some of the questions, but other than that just fill me in on what is important, if you say something that raises my eye, i will ask some more about it.

Cint

Reserved for when I get out of work. Expect great things..

Quote Originally Posted by motumbo View Post
    Is there any real claim to the rank farmers on this server, is there a lot a little, 3-4? Don't be biased, state facts, i don't need names.

The Worst?

If the server was to come, do you guys view it as great! we can have 48v48 and tons of points? or sweet! now we can have GvG all over the map 24/7 (realistically still won't happen)

Never seen a rank farmer here.
    Best thing for me is [To come]
    The worst is calling for 24 people just for Tarlangs Crown meaning there are none for the moors/other instances.
    I view it as great, would like more action.
    More exploiters/macroers/QQ/egos.

You guys are in consideration for the transfer talks going on, if you guys could... list ALL the information you can( again I know) about the server ..

But instead of answering 6 questions... answer me with straight facts as much as you can. I will use this thread as a go to as I discuss with other members of the transfer group.

Good hunting

Call me Cint

P.S. sorry about the late timing of this post, it was not a slight to your server

P.P.S

The Worst?

those are some of the questions, but other than that just fill me in on what is important, if you say something that raises my eye, i will ask some more about it.

Cint
    Thank you for taking the time out and talking, i'm sure crumb will talk your ear off with his response but I am here as well.

Please note that I am not as active as I would like to be right now due to my job and such, but these are my opinions on the matter as I have been on and about recently.

1) Rank farming. I have not seen a case of it on our server for awhile, I think the last one I saw was back in 2012? But no I have not seen or heard about a rank farmer on our server until recently on the Vote thread from the one guy from WKSL.

2) The best thing about the server? Well in my opinion is the people. We have gotten rid of a lot of the QQ'ers and such in OOC, yes there is still some of it but a lot of people now are recognised on a daily basis and we are a pretty tight knit group. Although we are welcome to change, which is what me and Crumb are trying to install but it is hard when you are trying to bring different things into a community with very little to work with, but we are trying.

3) Worse thing I feel is population and general skill among the lowbies. Population because it is so poor, and skill because a few individuals frown on 1v1's and do not partake in them to make themselves better. I have tried in the past to help people, but its just a general mindset that some people have, and some people don't

Also a lot of people don't talk on the forums anymore, which makes me a sad panda :C

4) I say yes to both, every once in a while its cool to have 48v48, just sheer numbers at play and one small misplay from one person or healer or not one silence could wipe you. I enjoy that thrill as a Raid Leader. So I welcome 48v48, will I want it all the time? No. I enjoy the small tactical style grouping of a 6v6 or 8v8, relying more on the timing of certain skills, and the skill of the player. Roaming around from different locations to run into a pack of horses with 3 guys at your back, against 6, putting yourself against the odds and such. Gets my blood pumping.

Also just roaming around solo, looking for that random 1v1 encounter with someone, completely shooting from the hip, hoping he or she doesn't have a CD. 1v1 scene, I feel we have not had rules for awhile due to the lower population and the rare occurance of finding someone alone.

5) What I won't like is a complete take over of the 60+ people. They shouldnt be like OH WE'RE DOING IT THIS WAY. That is the wrong way of going about it. Come down to our server 'level' and then we can begin adapting it, once you understand the base, you can build off of it with ideas and such.

I have a lot of plans and ideas that I want to put into play with or without 60+ people, but it will take time and patiance.

The important thing is bring with you and attitude that you can adapt with the server and her people, and then bring your own ideas to the table for us to try out and possibly add to the server. Yeah there will be some bad apples but hopefully we can bring some life, and grow from here to help out the rest of the servers, and possibly reignite an intrest in pvp throughout if this plan works

Thank you for your time.

The Worst?

Cint
    Thanks for your time, I strongly agree with all of the previous posters. That being said, I'll answers these personally.

1. No, there have been no rankfarmers on windy to my knowledge. The only example I can think about since I've joined the moors is here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP4d...FlPJj_aAOBmU0g

I have never seen either of these players since.

2. Best thing is the general lack of trollishness on the server. We're a pretty tight-knit group, and aside from heal-stacking (both sides are guilty) occasionally, we're not likely to do things that are considered issues with PvP (QQing on OOC, raging, zerging, ganking, etc).

3. The worst is honestly the lack of action. Too many people are unwilling to come out in the moors other than to break a GV camp. We have plenty of Pvpers, but most of them don't want to roam around without anything to fight. It's a circular problem that has caused itself, and all it would take to bring back action is a little bump.

4. More of a GvG. As fun as large fights are, I'm of the fairly numerous Windy players without full out gaming computers who can handle 354 characters on a screen. I also enjoy letting my personal skill (or lack of it) shine through.

5. I don't like the possibility of people with lower standards coming in. Gankers/zergers/etc. I don't want people coming over and telling me I'm playing my class wrong, I don't want people coming over and zerging 1v1 circles thinking that it's their right to do so. I don't want the kind of people who would call in a creep map-in if they lost a landscape 1v1. That's what I'm a little afraid of- we've all heard Brandywine horror stories (no offense).

I enjoy grouping a good deal, but I'm more of a solo/small group player. I would just enjoy running into far more creeps during my roams

Would just like to come here and apologize I was in the complete wrong area on the forums reading about rank farmers. I was supposed to be in Windfola. It appears another server is mass plagued with rank farmers. My apologies!

Quote Originally Posted by Lanelthan View Post
    Would just like to come here and apologize I was in the complete wrong area on the forums reading about rank farmers. I was supposed to be in Windfola. It appears another server is mass plagued with rank farmers. My apologies!
    No problem! I was completely baffled when you said so- glad to hear that it was a mistake. Thanks for the apology!

Awesome replies guys ... the info you are giving is invaluable.

Another question... Comparing yourself to Crick... you seem to be very similar... what would be something that you have... that they don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    No problem! I was completely baffled when you said so- glad to hear that it was a mistake. Thanks for the apology!
    Apparently reading is hard lol. No worries glad to clear up the misunderstanding.

Good hunting

Call me Cint

P.P.S

The Worst?

Cint
    1. I have never seen or heard about rank farmers on our server but as spilo posted that link that seems like the closest I could seem to find.

2. imo the best thing abut this server is the people, we have so many unique people all with different aspects and diversity.

3. the worst thing just started happening mubye 1-2 weeks ago and that is the lack of people in the moors there maybe 3-4 people in the moors. I know freeps may still be gearing up and stuff but really 3-4 people??

4. Personally having a 48v48 maybe a couple times a month could be fun but oh god the lag would be atrocious.

5. The only thing would be all of the new people would them trying to change the community we have.

Awesome replies guys ... the info you are giving is invaluable.

Another question... Comparing yourself to Crick... you seem to be very similar... what would be something that you have... that they don't?

I would say the one thing we have is that a couple of people have taken up leadership rolls in order to reignite something in the moors to bring about something brighter and better. Granted when I was browsing through Circk forums, I didn't know who was who in leadership wise. But I know that there are people who don't want to let PvMP die.

Good hunting

Call me Cint

P.P.S

The Worst?

Cint
    First of all, thank you for considering a transfer to Windfola.
    The best thing about our server imo, would be the invaluable player base on both sides , creep and freep.
    From a creep perspective, players such as rhogue and spilo have kept the pvp challenging.

So far as the "worst", thing about our server, I would comment that the 1v1'es happen way 2 often, during times that should be considered "peak" for group activities. That being said, 1v1'es are good for a while, and do offer great experience for both sides, but should not take up an entire saturday evening. This cycle can, and would be broken if we had more people join our server.

The idea of asking what our expectations should be considering a "mass" transfer to Windfola is not really a fair question. In my view, players come in all shapes and sizes. Some like to QQ, some like to group, some like solo. Some will have "bad" attitudes, and some good. The point is, it is all welcome. Somewhere along the lines, everybody will find new friends here that match their play style, and characteristics.
    I for one hope this transfer takes place. And I welcome any and all who would consider making Windfola their new home.

Thanx for your time.... Easymoney

Hey Cint

The reason why I have stayed on Windy even though the moors action have been very poor the last year is the people, we got plenty of great ones and i can't really think of anyone that really grinds my bones. I like both creeps and freeps, of course i get irritated sometimes on certain creeps, or zergs (they do happen), but hey, it's just a game, death is a crucial part of the moors. 1v1s have lately been a quite big part of the fights in here, personally I enjoy a good 1v1, I die in most but, i have learned a lot about my class from them. Still group play is usually more fun, and especially to have the groups move over the maps, so it's not just the same location over and over again, variations is great, and currently that is not there.

Currently, the worst is the lack of fights during the time i am playing, i usually play from 21:00 CET and a couple of hours forward (3 PM Servertime). It have been more European players before but it seems that a lot of them have left sadly. Lack of players is also a big thing, most players have both freeps and creeps, so either we have to many freeps out, or to many creeps, it's hard to get a good balance going where both sides are getting kills and everyone is happy. Flipping does occurs sometimes.

We have managed to raise three rank 15 freep/creeps on the server, one does not play his creep anymore, one transfered to another server not long ago, and one is still out there hunting. As for other high rank creeps/freeps, they are not plenty. There are not many active players over rank 10. An influx of new players would be welcome to me, we need good players, they do not have to be dedicated moors players, i like people that treat this as what it is, justs a game. I also hope that a mass transfer can make the PvE for the rest of Windy a bit more active (as long as it's not 60+ creeps arriving).

Rank farming.. with most creeps/freeps at ranks under 10, i can say that rank farming does not exist, and if there are any farmers, they are either A. very bad at it, or B. does it when I'm not looking. But i have never seen anyone suspiciously gained ranks fast.

Other important things.. if there is a move, learn the names of the rocks, those are holy for us, and should never be changed. Respect the few freeps/creeps that are here, just as Arga said. It is still our home server, and as such it means a lot, at least for me. And I hope some old Windy players are in the group that might transfer, that would be great.
    [center][img]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3797/9452131083_d1d6d5f2fa_o.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Caileen - Bait, Consolida - Burg in the making[/center]