We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

[Ettenmoors Quests] Can you please please revamp the quests in EM ??

I know this will be controversial because it is supposed to be a pvp zone but:

My server is very empty and if we are lucky we have fights for maybe an hour a night if lucky.
    I want to be able to log my creep and have something to do while waiting for action to pick up.

I have bags full of certain quest items and find it very difficult to obtain others. i.e. a) Collect 20 dwarf beards - I have bags full of them - b)collect 20 grimwood logs - I complete this quest maybe once a month !!
    So, what I'm asking is there anyway you could reduce the amounts required for items less seldom collected?

Also, I don't see why there needs to be a 24hr CD on quests? Why can't this be 4 hrs?

My bags are full of quest items - mostly elf ears, dwarf beards, isendeep ore, shattered blades, legs of men, hobbit legs etc etc. I have no vault obviously and hate vendoring this stuff.

My suggestion would be:

Reduce CD on quests to 4 hours or less.
    Decrease the amounts required for certain items, such as feathers, logs, troll stone etc etc
    Add a few more quests for the more popular items - footmans badges, beards, legs, ears

I think freeps are okay because they just go pve when they are bored or waiting for action.

Again, I know this is primary a pvp zone and some will scoff at this suggestion but some days this is the only stuff I can do and when you complete 75% of quests in 30 mins it means logging out, which kind of defeats the object of what a game is - FUN !!

Everybody game play is different I know. I enjoy to roam EM completing quests while hopefully bumping into freeps and having a good scrap. Freeps are hard to come by nowadays I would much prefer to go back 2 years and have the huge RvR action every night but......
    WHY DO PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE LEAST, KNOW IT THE LOUDEST?

[img]http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/w334/jrhodes19/saxifae_zpsd8985fca.jpg[/img]

Takes one to know one !!
    Last edited by TearMaker; Sep 04 2014 at 05:28 AM.

Anything that gets more people into the moors would be good, even if it is PvE quests...
    Co-Leader of The Osgiliath Guard, Arkenstone (ex Elendilmir)
    Osdor, Osdur, Osdrina, etc...

Quest cooldowns used to be much lower before they added infamy/renown to quests and started selling maps in the store. So if they changed the cd's back they would probably make less cash from creeps buying maps(since its probably a pain to get maps now) so i can't see them doing it.

Cool downs for repeatable content exist to prevent players from finishing the activity in short number of real time days. In the most extreme case, customers would finish on day one and have nothing to do because they are done.

You have an activity that requires 45 repetitions. You put in a 24 hour cool down. You know that the customer is going to play the game on 45 different days. The hope is that:

1) Once you are logged in you will do something other than your daily
    2) If there is rental gate on the content, you will pay for some more subscription time.

What the developer does not want is you completing all the content you find interesting in a few days. Log out. Go play Swtor or something until the next content update.

There is no incentive on Turbine's part to lower or remove the cool down.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Cool downs for repeatable content exist to prevent players from finishing the activity in short number of real time days. In the most extreme case, customers would finish on day one and have nothing to do because they are done.

You have an activity that requires 45 repetitions. You put in a 24 hour cool down. You know that the customer is going to play the game on 45 different days. The hope is that:

1) Once you are logged in you will do something other than your daily
    2) If there is rental gate on the content, you will pay for some more subscription time.

What the developer does not want is you completing all the content you find interesting in a few days. Log out. Go play Swtor or something until the next content update.

There is no incentive on Turbine's part to lower or remove the cool down.
    Why this makes sense to PVE it makes no sense in this environment for a creep. I go through huge swings in my gameplay. I have a lot of level 95 characters for pve but I don't log them since HD as I don't enjoy that side of the game currently. I will go back but need a change atm. So, I log my creeps and hope there is some action. Dead server makes this difficult and therefore I am reduced to running EM quests and hoping some freeps show up.

So, back to the point, add a lot more quests (not going to happen) or reduce the CD of current quests etc.... quite an easy fix?

Quote Originally Posted by TearMaker View Post
    Why this makes sense to PVE it makes no sense in this environment for a creep. I go through huge swings in my gameplay.
    It makes sense, maybe not in your individual case but for the wider majority, it makes sense.

Personally, I hate quests in the moors and I think they should be a creep only thing, excluding the keep-buff quests to turn in items. I think the whole premise of being able to PVE your way to rank 15 is silly and whilst obviously before-hand freeps had near enough zero reason to quest, this hasn't suddenly made me start. I only do the outpost quest if somebody happens to share it, and then it usually takes me two weeks to hand it in.

So in each of our situations, we have differing needs, but since this is a PvP zone and doing no work is easier than doing some work, even small work, this change will probably not go ahead.

Adding to that, what our good friend Yula mentions about how a business such as LotR:O operates, and seconding to that, the fact that if creepside quests had a cooldown of just four hours I dread to think the speed at which one could rank through quests alone. I can't imagine it being very difficult (it probably takes about 3-4 hours to do every single quest in the moors assuming you haven't pre-acquired all the materials from previous questing/killing) to hit blue ranks within just a day or two like this.

NOW, if you were to provide an incentive for Turbine to consider what you are proposing, you might peak their attention just a little. My suggestion to solve your particular issue (although it's something I'd rather not see Dev time wasted on given how insignificant it is) would be to offer a daily quest cooldown reset for 25 mithril coins. Similar to the several other daily quest resets like in Hytbold and Dol Amroth.

Or, consider a transfer, if you want to quest on Brandywine I'd finally have someone to kill at HH and all the other various questing locations, those lately have been deadspots for the most part!!

Equiinoxx of Brandywine.
    Absolution

Quote Originally Posted by Saxination View Post
    Picture
    Sax quit posting selfies on the forums man, you're getting me all riled up at work!! ;P
    Absolution

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    if creepside quests had a cooldown of just four hours I dread to think the speed at which one could rank through quests alone. I can't imagine it being very difficult (it probably takes about 3-4 hours to do every single quest in the moors assuming you haven't pre-acquired all the materials from previous questing/killing) to hit blue ranks within just a day or two like this.

Equiinoxx of Brandywine.
    Average infamy from quests (unless you do everything and keeps) is about 1k

Rank 7 is about 71k infamy - so currently if you were to do these every day with a 24hr cd it would take 71 days (approx, less for some and more for others) and if that was reduced to 4 hrs it would take about 12 days. It would never happen as nobody would really log in every four hours to be bothered to do that.

I think you're missing my point. I log in to moors and there is no action. I do some quests and see if anything happens - sometimes it does but mostly it doesn't. I see others do the same on their creeps. They complete quests, no action and then log off. If the CD were reduced, then maybe you would see more creeps in moors. I only do quests for something to do, hoping that some action will start. I would rather there was good pvp but mostly that ship has sailed and therefore we try and make good from bad.

Rank 7 is about 71k infamy - so currently if you were to do these every day with a 24hr cd it would take 71 days (approx, less for some and more for others) and if that was reduced to 4 hrs it would take about 12 days. It would never happen as nobody would really log in every four hours to be bothered to do that.
    1k? You're seriously missing a lot of quests then.

Taking all the keeps + the daily outpost quest is 600 points alone. Doing JUST the Hoarhallow quests from Dar Gazag is a further 500 or so points. That doesn't count all the quests in:

• Grams
    • DG (Non-hobbit related)
    • Lug
    • Mazauk area
    • Isendeep Mine
    • Tol
    • Tir
    • LC
    • OC
    • And no doubt some others around that I've missed.

Regarding the following:

It would never happen as nobody would really log in every four hours to be bothered to do that.

They complete quests, no action and then log off. If the CD were reduced, then maybe you would see more creeps in moors.
    Uhhh? Contradiction much? Nobody would log in to do quests every 4 hrs. But then you go on to say that if quests were only 4 hour CD people would log in to do them more.
    Absolution

the fact that if creepside quests had a cooldown of just four hours I dread to think the speed at which one could rank through quests alone. I can't imagine it being very difficult to hit blue ranks within just a day or two like this.

I would welcome this. A massive % of new creeps give up before they can hit blue ranks because it is silly hard to pvp until about r7. After that the huge amount of infamy required to get to another rank by questing alone is insane. I doubt anybody would ever do that.
    So, I would agree that reducing cooldowns would help those who need it most. Agree also that it gives creeps incentive to actually be in moors waiting for action to start.

Anything that gets more creeps into EM is good for me. Rank means absolutely nothing as an achievement anymore so why not?

I also think there should be a "gift of the tyrants lackey" which when purchased, raises a creep to R13

Quote Originally Posted by mithelenthor View Post
    I would welcome this. A massive % of new creeps give up before they can hit blue ranks because it is silly hard to pvp until about r7. After that the huge amount of infamy required to get to another rank by questing alone is insane. I doubt anybody would ever do that.
    So, I would agree that reducing cooldowns would help those who need it most. Agree also that it gives creeps incentive to actually be in moors waiting for action to start.

Anything that gets more creeps into EM is good for me. Rank means absolutely nothing as an achievement anymore so why not?

I also think there should be a "gift of the tyrants lackey" which when purchased, raises a creep to R13
    Perhaps your server suffers from lack of pvp'ers or creeps. The number of creeps on my server is so ridiculous that giving them more incentive to rank up would quite possibly wreck the entire servers pvp. Yesterday night THREE 24man craids formed before even so much as a freep 6man was out and upon my raid's arrival (18 man, not me leading) they were calling for more. We DON'T NEED MORE CREEPS please more freeps would be good. At least some low rank cannonfodder....
    Absolution

It makes sense, maybe not in your individual case but for the wider majority, it makes sense.

Personally, I hate quests in the moors and I think they should be a creep only thing, excluding the keep-buff quests to turn in items. I think the whole premise of being able to PVE your way to rank 15 is silly and whilst obviously before-hand freeps had near enough zero reason to quest, this hasn't suddenly made me start. I only do the outpost quest if somebody happens to share it, and then it usually takes me two weeks to hand it in.

So in each of our situations, we have differing needs, but since this is a PvP zone and doing no work is easier than doing some work, even small work, this change will probably not go ahead.

Adding to that, what our good friend Yula mentions about how a business such as LotR:O operates, and seconding to that, the fact that if creepside quests had a cooldown of just four hours I dread to think the speed at which one could rank through quests alone. I can't imagine it being very difficult (it probably takes about 3-4 hours to do every single quest in the moors assuming you haven't pre-acquired all the materials from previous questing/killing) to hit blue ranks within just a day or two like this.

NOW, if you were to provide an incentive for Turbine to consider what you are proposing, you might peak their attention just a little. My suggestion to solve your particular issue (although it's something I'd rather not see Dev time wasted on given how insignificant it is) would be to offer a daily quest cooldown reset for 25 mithril coins. Similar to the several other daily quest resets like in Hytbold and Dol Amroth.

Or, consider a transfer, if you want to quest on Brandywine I'd finally have someone to kill at HH and all the other various questing locations, those lately have been deadspots for the most part!!

Equiinoxx of Brandywine.
    Having quests gets freeps to go out to moors on a regular basis.

Where they can be targets.

I garuntee you the moors would be a much emptier less exciting place without the carrot to draw people there.

That is of course why they designed it the way they did.

Cheers.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000d6cff/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I think you're missing my point. I log in to moors and there is no action. I do some quests and see if anything happens - sometimes it does but mostly it doesn't. I see others do the same on their creeps. They complete quests, no action and then log off. If the CD were reduced, then maybe you would see more creeps in moors. I only do quests for something to do, hoping that some action will start. I would rather there was good pvp but mostly that ship has sailed and therefore we try and make good from bad.

100% agree. It is exactly the same on my server for freeps. Log in, run around the quests hoping for some action.

The quests get you to be out there more often. the more people the more often, the more action. WIN
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000d6cff/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]