We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

STEALTH Helms Dike 6 man Catapult NERF

Hello everyone, today as everyday i logged on and started a HD 6 man .
    As everytime i do it i as soon as i enter the instance i go looting barricade / small barricade / ballista and catapult ......
    Today the catapult was not there ..... so i started to ask and ppl told me that they have been removed from it thx to an exploit that was able to allow ppl to use catapults in the moors ....
    So i searched on you tube and i've found this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diS8WQzZwvw
    Probably they got rid of our Catapults thanks to this video ... but the thing more important is : WHY do you do stealth nerf/ update for this kind of things when you could have also fixed securing the culvert quest in DW raid ( ofc that isn't fixed yet in bullroarer patch notes ) ??
    Turbine dev actions always confuse me , they seams to act really like amateurs
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/nzknxz.jpg[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

Our 6-man run found no catapults yesterday; were still able to get triple plat. Stealth nerf yes, but not as catastrophic as other nerfs.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Aedfrith View Post
    Our 6-man run found no catapults yesterday; were still able to get triple plat. Stealth nerf yes, but not as catastrophic as other nerfs.
    You obviously not understood the point of the post .
    I've been able too to get plat it's not rocket science pressing mindless a archer button skill ....
    The point is that turbine dev are able to change things on the fly as we saw in this case but they refuse to fix main problems like securing the culvert bug in deeping wall raid or for explample loot rules in helegrod etc
    [/CENTER]

Maybe they should try fixing the problem in the moors, rather than causing a problem elsewhere.
    Aethelbehrt ~ Captain of Landroval
    Haradwen ~ Warden of Landroval
    Zôraphel ~ Burglar of Landroval

I currently still see 2 small catapults on my server when entering the 6 man HD.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Relic View Post
    I currently still see 2 small catapults on my server when entering the 6 man HD.
    Same here. On Landroval still get catapults when doing Helm's Dike 6 man. Not sure what the OP and the responses are talking about.

More than likely others picked them up and didn't respond when asked about it.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Just started an instance to check this (on Snowbourn) and found the catapults missing. There were 3 small ballista but no catapults. One more reason not to do big battles - they never fix things, only make them harder.

NEWS UPDATE

Apparently Catapults have been disabled only on Snowbourn server since in the other servers people still can use them . Thanks to the person that worked on the exploit snowy community is very happy.
    It seems that with patch14.2 exploit will be fixed.
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Anolus View Post
    Turbine dev actions always confuse me , they seams to act really like amateurs
    This change is not done by the developers. It is not inserted via a game update.

Turbine customer service (the game masters) issues a disable command via their admin client. These commands have to be entered after the world comes up. The disable is removed automatically the next time the server is restarted. The game master(s) can choose to disable NPCs so that a quest can not be acquired. The game masters can stop an item from spawning.

The game masters can decide to do the disable on single world, several worlds or all of them. If they want to do all of them like the Turtle quest, a game master has to log into each world, enter the commands for that world. I have always wondered how many game master hours it takes to apply a temporary change to all the servers. I suspect the 'have to do it 25+ times' is reason only the one server that is using this exploit has been done.

The usual response by customer service is to disable the content - in this case remove the instance from the Big Battle panel so that the instance can not be started.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.