We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by themannweb View Post
    Just a warning, if you guys do transfer to Crick, you will be expected to follow house rules at least as far as 1v1s go. There are other smaller, more implied rules that you may or may not be expected to follow.
    LOL! That's the ticket! Really selling your server by putting stipulations on your 1vs1 glorified farming circles......bound to get votes now.

Here's what should be "expected" on any server 50+ people are transferring to:

Feeling lucky there's finally action after U13.
    Jimi's Mash

3 Fountain Street, Bromburg, Bree Homesteads
    I would just like to remind everyone that this little experiment has been tried before, it was called Riddermark when the 4 new servers came out and while it had good action at times it to eventually died w/ the rest of the servers. As for Elendilmirs creepspeak, creepspeak is creepspeak, it's there as a tool for people to use to coordinate, it's not some evil zergmonster, the people who respond to callouts in overwhelming numbers if it's an accurate callout or the scout that fails at counting is to blame, if something is called out w/ accurate numbers it's up to individuals to control themselves if they don't want to zerg. I also feel that everyone involved in this should come to the realization that whatever server is chosen will become raid v raid oriented no matter what, think about it, 60 people transfering to any server will overload it, even if that servers active pvp population is 10 and you get an even split of 30-30 during primetime, so there is going to be raid vs raid to start, and after a while those that don't like it will leave and then you will have your small group and solo action that your looking for but not until after a grace period (once the transfers are done-when people burn out).
    -Azsouth the Hand of Doom of Elendilmir, Rank 15 Warg
    Originator of the 1st Good 1v1 Thread (Meneldor)

Quote Originally Posted by Melywen View Post
    LOL! That's the ticket! Really selling your server by putting stipulations on your 1vs1 glorified farming circles......bound to get votes now.
    Well, it's the truth. People that don't follow 1v1 rules will quite often get ganked. One thing Crickhollow is very good at is ganging up against people we collectively don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohan1240 View Post
    I would just like to remind everyone that this little experiment has been tried before, it was called Riddermark when the 4 new servers came out and while it had good action at times it to eventually died w/ the rest of the servers. (snip) ... (snip) after a while those that don't like it will leave and then you will have your small group and solo action that your looking for but not until after a grace period (once the transfers are done-when people burn out).
    It is likely that there will be a burst of enthusiasm that will fade over time. This is where PVMP is, in general. Players come and go, move on and return. Sometimes the action picks up for weeks'/months and then falters.

I do not know why PVMP has faltered so badly and on so many servers. The issues are well known and have been discussed, here in the main forums and also in the PC forums (or was). The PVMP Devs interacted a lot with the 2013PC but there wasn't much "allowed on the table" at that time. Members of the 2013PC with PVMP interests even had 1v1s with the PVMP Devs on their trips to Boston and the reports were glowing about things to come but "undefined" because their NDA was stricter than the normal PC NDA.

The one good thing is (iirc) we are supposed to/maybe get "catapults" in GV/Grams... that will be a sure thing to bring back the "golden days".

Even if the experiment fails in the long run, it won't be a total "loss".
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

After scrolling trough all 5 pages of this and previous threads I'll have to say

1.Windfola
    2.Crickhollow
    3. Reserved
    [COLOR=#4682B4][SIZE=2]Bagbashex R11 Warg [/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=2][COLOR=#00BFFF]<twelve inches unbuffed>[/COLOR] [COLOR=#4682B4]| Exxeran R11 LM [/COLOR][COLOR=#00BFFF]<Section IX>[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I'd just like to say, I'm a tag-along, wherever the 60 people go, I'll most likely to transfer there as well
    [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=8][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR] Phearbane- r8 Blackarrow, Phearfluffy - r Weaver, Oronicbane - r8 Warg, Bowerss- r6 Burglar, (Crickhollow)

I would just like to remind everyone that this little experiment has been tried before, it was called Riddermark when the 4 new servers came out and while it had good action at times it to eventually died w/ the rest of the servers.
    While there certainly are some similarities, I don't think its fair to say this is the same thing as what happened on Riddermark. The game wasn't dead yet and these people were fleeing from servers that were very much alive. There is no PvP to go back to for a lot of these places and the people still playing this game aren't playing it because its the best game on the market or anything. It may very well fail in the same manner - but this is a very different game we're playing, at this point, with people transferring and still playing it for different reasons. Way too many variables to just call this the Riddermark experiment 2.0 and write it off as bound to fail in the same manner, imo. And honestly, from what I heard of Riddermark, it didn't fail at all... had solid PvP for several years. Based solely on what I heard about the place, I'd be ecstatic if we created Ridder 2.0 (although hopefully more laid-back and less trolls - which, given what I know of the main core of this transfer group, is a reasonable thing to hope for).

I also feel that everyone involved in this should come to the realization that whatever server is chosen will become raid v raid oriented no matter what, think about it, 60 people transfering to any server will overload it, even if that servers active pvp population is 10 and you get an even split of 30-30 during primetime, so there is going to be raid vs raid to start, and after a while those that don't like it will leave and then you will have your small group and solo action that your looking for but not until after a grace period (once the transfers are done-when people burn out).
    As I stated above, we won't have a full 60 of initial transfers. It will be more like 50, so 25 per side - and you're not going to have everyone online at the same time, so lets say 20 per side. Many of the core groups coming over are led by people who are opposed to expanding groups beyond a certain point. Honestly, I think it will be the opposite. Initially we'll have small group action followed by an influx of tag-alongs - and nobody has any idea whatsoever how many and what sorts will come. If we get a LOT of tag alongs, ya, we'll probably end up with some raid v raid. But we'll still have a core of people that want nothing to do with RvR - and on the spectrum of LOTRO PvP, given our numbers, we should fall more to the small group side of things than the RvR side of things. No, we certainly won't avoid it entirely if we get the numbers, but that won't mean this wasn't a success or worth trying.
    Turwe-1, Crickhollow ~ Alakra, Meneldor ~ Snuke, Meneldor ~ Suge-1, Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by harman097 View Post

Personally, I suspect we'll get enough tag-alongs after our initial transfers

Considering the over 6000 views on the thread, I would suspect so, although certainly a lot of that is from the proposed servers.

The ones on the server already may also well play more often.

[and totally IMO and I apologize as it's a wee bit off topic ....Some of these servers might be more active if they would just
    permanently pick a day of the week and announce it as the day people would try to spend in the Moors. A lot of folks log in and check the action and then log/zone out fairly fast if there isn't anything - which self-perpetuates the problem. If you are expecting others to log in eventually, it might not happen that way.

Occasionally the issue has also been that sometimes there is a lot more than you can see. I've seen people say they were logging out for no action, when there were large fights going on, simply because they couldn't hear any chatter.]

Last edited by EmyrSelyf; Sep 04 2014 at 12:41 PM.

3 Fountain Street, Bromburg, Bree Homesteads
    While there certainly are some similarities, I don't think its fair to say this is the same thing as what happened on Riddermark. The game wasn't dead yet and these people were fleeing from servers that were very much alive. There is no PvP to go back to for a lot of these places and the people still playing this game aren't playing it because its the best game on the market or anything. It may very well fail in the same manner - but this is a very different game we're playing, at this point, with people transferring and still playing it for different reasons. Way too many variables to just call this the Riddermark experiment 2.0 and write it off as bound to fail in the same manner, imo. And honestly, from what I heard of Riddermark, it didn't fail at all... had solid PvP for several years. Based solely on what I heard about the place, I'd be ecstatic if we created Ridder 2.0 (although hopefully more laid-back and less trolls - which, given what I know of the main core of this transfer group, is a reasonable thing to hope for).

As I stated above, we won't have a full 60 of initial transfers. It will be more like 50, so 25 per side - and you're not going to have everyone online at the same time, so lets say 20 per side. Many of the core groups coming over are led by people who are opposed to expanding groups beyond a certain point. Honestly, I think it will be the opposite. Initially we'll have small group action followed by an influx of tag-alongs - and nobody has any idea whatsoever how many and what sorts will come. If we get a LOT of tag alongs, ya, we'll probably end up with some raid v raid. But we'll still have a core of people that want nothing to do with RvR - and on the spectrum of LOTRO PvP, given our numbers, we should fall more to the small group side of things than the RvR side of things. No, we certainly won't avoid it entirely if we get the numbers, but that won't mean this wasn't a success or worth trying.
    I never said it was a bad idea or not worth trying, just that this experiment has been attempted before. As to your other point where you don't think people will zerg as a result of a mass transfer, you lend credit to my point that teamspeak is not an evil zergmonster given that people have self control and aren't idiots (which from your wording it sounds like the people you are talking about have self control and are competent) so creepspeak shouldn't be a problem for you guys. You also seem to be relying a lot on tag-alongs (people who might transfer after seeing that mass transfer but haven't declared yet) I wouldn't rely on these people, it would be smart to expect some but don't expect them to play as your core group of 50-60 people will play.
    -Azsouth the Hand of Doom of Elendilmir, Rank 15 Warg
    Originator of the 1st Good 1v1 Thread (Meneldor)

Findings of Fact (or at least perspective)

It's still waiting until we hit 40 votes - at which point ya, it will go to the top 3 so people can check them out more thoroughly.
    I really hope that people take this advise - ROLL A TOON ON EACH OF THE FINAL THREE SERVERS AND TALK TO BOTH FREEP AND CREEP.

I've rolled a toon on 2 of the top 3 thus far, and have some legitimate concerns about Windfola being a viable fit for the intended purpose(s) of this transfer.

I will be sharing these concerns/observations when we are ready to move forward on a Final Three Vote. I hope that everyone else will do the same.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040100001fa1ba/signature.png]Healzfordummies[/charsig]

Defilers and children first!

What's to stop any of these people from dropping out when the server they vote on doesn't get enough votes? Just something I thought of when I read people weren't responding to their inbox messages or checking/posting on this thread since their initial commitment. I can forsee some dividing off when they don't get their way and going to Brandywine or whatever server they originally wanted. Just my two cents.
    Original Challenger of Sapience
    Svin/Earaendil/Faeramir

I would just like to remind everyone that this little experiment has been tried before, it was called Riddermark when the 4 new servers came out and while it had good action at times it to eventually died w/ the rest of the servers. As for Elendilmirs creepspeak, creepspeak is creepspeak, it's there as a tool for people to use to coordinate, it's not some evil zergmonster, the people who respond to callouts in overwhelming numbers if it's an accurate callout or the scout that fails at counting is to blame, if something is called out w/ accurate numbers it's up to individuals to control themselves if they don't want to zerg. I also feel that everyone involved in this should come to the realization that whatever server is chosen will become raid v raid oriented no matter what, think about it, 60 people transfering to any server will overload it, even if that servers active pvp population is 10 and you get an even split of 30-30 during primetime, so there is going to be raid vs raid to start, and after a while those that don't like it will leave and then you will have your small group and solo action that your looking for but not until after a grace period (once the transfers are done-when people burn out).
    Riddermark did not fail. it was the best pvp server going............until they allowed transfers to it. Then all the scum came and it went to chit.

Quote Originally Posted by warning63 View Post
    Riddermark did not fail. it was the best pvp server going............until they allowed transfers to it. Then all the scum came and it went to chit.
    We came. We saw. We conquered.
    Rank 14 Minstrel, Rank 10 Rune-keeper, Rank 7 Champion
    Rank 11 Weaver, Rank 11 Blackarrow, Rank 10 Reaver, Rank 10 Stalker, Rank 9 Defiler, Rank 7 Warleader

Quote Originally Posted by Urthas View Post
    What's to stop any of these people from dropping out when the server they vote on doesn't get enough votes?
    Absolutely nothing.

No one signed in blood.

I can forsee some dividing off when they don't get their way and going to Brandywine or whatever server they originally wanted. Just my two cents.
    If they repair to Brandy - under any circumstance, then they were not committed to the stated objectives to begin with.

Good riddance.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040100001fa1ba/signature.png]Healzfordummies[/charsig]

Defilers and children first!

Voting for this round is officially closed!

Windfola, Crickhollow, and Nimrodel will be put to a final vote.

See the final vote thread for further details.

Thanks all for the interest, opinions, and generally quality discussion!
    Last edited by harman097; Sep 04 2014 at 05:47 PM.
    Turwe-1, Crickhollow ~ Alakra, Meneldor ~ Snuke, Meneldor ~ Suge-1, Brandywine

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5