We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

THE VOTE! for the Mass Transfer Destination

The First Round of the Vote is Officially Over

IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN IN CONTACT WITH ME VIA PM, IN-GAME, SIGNING HERE, OR ANSWERING ROLL CALL HERE YOUR VOTE WILL NOT COUNT!!! If someone else signed for you as part of a group, you will need to let me know who you are and whose group you're part of for your vote to count.

That being said, Roll Call has been answered, we're up over 60 people now, and it's time to vote.

We're doing two rounds - the first round to narrow it down to 3, and then the second to pick the destination from those 3. This allows us to quickly rule out the ones without a shot and then let people more thoroughly research the remaining 3. The second round will be a simple one vote per player, no restrictions type of vote - this first round will be a bit different, however.

The Rules

1) Each person committed to transfer has 3 votes.
    2) You cannot vote for the same server more than once.
    3) You can't vote for a server where the characters you intend to transfer are located.
    4) You can use a vote to down vote a server instead.

The Numbers
    Creeps: 25 Freeps: 27 Either: 10 Unknown: 3

The Vote

Windfola : 14
    Crickhollow : 9
    Nimrodel : 6
    Dwarrowdelf : 3
    Arkenstone : 1
    Gladden : 1
    Meneldor : 1
    Imladris : 0
    Riddermark : 0
    Firefoot : 0
    Vilya : 0
    Landroval : -2
    Silverlode : -2
    Elendilmir : -7

Number of People Who Have Voted: 45

The first round of the vote will remain up until 8 am est, Wednesday, 9/3 - or until we get 40 votes. If I get to 50 votes before Wed AM, I'll speed this along and post the final round of the vote asap.

Post your vote here, send me a PM, or you can send me your vote via in-game mail to Turwe on Meneldor. You can change your vote at any time - I will keep the tally updated based on changes and do an official recount at the deadline or when the last vote is cast. And spread the word! Let's get this done quickly and get to the killing part! :P
    Last edited by harman097; Sep 04 2014 at 05:39 PM.

Why is Brandywine not in the list?

It's covered in the original post here. The goal of this was to create a server with slightly less numbers than Brandywine and a stronger emphasis on small grouping, while still containing regular action.

Server Info That Might Help In The Vote

Every server that is up for consideration has a post in their PvP forums entitled "A Mass Transfer to YOUR Server?". I encourage you to review these before voting! Thank you to everyone who replied to them - there is some good information there.

Where The Transfer Characters Are Coming From
    The more characters we ADD to a server, the more we're helping that server. If we choose a server where a bunch of the transfer people already reside, that's a lot less people we're ADDING to that server. Here's a look at where the characters currently reside that make up this transfer group:

Meneldor : >20
    Brandywine : 9
    Silverlode : 9
    Imladris : 6
    Vilya : 4
    Arkenstone : 3
    Crickhollow : 1
    Dwarrowdelf : 1
    Elendilmir : 1
    Gladden : 1
    Nimrodel : 1
    Windfola : 1
    Firefoot : 0
    Landroval : 0
    Riddermark : 0

Current Server Populations
    Unfortunately, there's very limited useful information. Two stats that I felt were worth checking were glff populations (you can't check World population, afaik) and the number of non-anon level 100 characters logged on (via social panel). These are very sketchy stats for determining relative server populations. A lot of people aren't in glff anymore, run anon, theres no way to determine how much PvP'ing these people do, and none of these can translate into creep numbers. However, I think they're barely worth listing - glff pop probably being more telling than non-anon, lvl 100 pop. Keep in mind I did this only maybe 4-5 times per server at random dates and primarily NA prime time's. NOTE HOW DIFFERENT THE GLFF AND NON-ANON, LVL 100 POPULATION NUMBERS ARE! It's indicative of the level of grain-of-salt that these numbers should be taken with.

Average GLFF Populations
    Landroval : 162
    Gladden : 121
    Meneldor : 101
    Nimrodel : 99
    Windfola : 95
    Arkenstone : 90
    Crickhollow : 88
    Imladris : 81
    Dwarrowdelf : 77
    Vilya : 71
    Silverlode : 67
    Riddermark : 67
    Firefoot : 59

Average Non-Anon, Lvl 100 Populations
    Landroval : 130
    Vilya : 83
    Meneldor : 74
    Dwarrowdelf : 72
    Windfola : 72
    Nimrodel : 71
    Gladden : 65
    Silverlode : 64
    Crickhollow : 56
    Arkenstone : 55
    Imladris : 50
    Firefoot : 39
    Riddermark : 38
    Last edited by harman097; Sep 05 2014 at 05:27 PM.

My votes:

1) Downvote Landroval

Landroval seems like a great server and if none of this works out, I might head there instead of Brandywine. Some of the best creeps I've ever fought were Landroval natives who headed back (afaik). I just think it's not a good option for this. It already has a self-sustaining moors and doesn't seem to need an influx of transfers, I imagine it would be more inclined to use the extra numbers for RvR than some of the smaller servers, and the friendly, rp aspects of the community seems to me like it might clash with a role as a PvP destination server.

2) Crickhollow

3) - still considering -
    Last edited by harman097; Sep 03 2014 at 09:51 PM.

I vote Windfola. Will cast other two votes later.

Windfola

I vote Windfola -

Downvote Riddermark -

Last vote reserved.
    Last edited by Paragoning; Aug 31 2014 at 05:02 PM.

Vote for Windfola. We have some very, very talented PvPers on both sides, but the numbers are often lacking.

Well, I guess Windfola.

Crickhollow

???

Sad about E being ineligible

Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    Vote for Windfola. We have some very, very talented PvPers on both sides, but the numbers are often lacking.
    His sig says he is from windfola, but you said we cant vote for home servers? alittle confused..

Quote Originally Posted by Parmveer View Post
    His sig says he is from windfola, but you said we cant vote for home servers? alittle confused..
    He's not voting, just encouraging us to vote for his server.

Downvote Winfola

Down vote imladris

Crick
    Last edited by motumbo; Sep 03 2014 at 01:27 PM.

Dwarrowdelf.
    Windfola.
    Downvote Firefoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Parmveer View Post
    I have a very detailed list of whose vote counts and where their transfer characters are located, so worry not!

- Windfola

- Imladris

- Downvote: Abysm (if this is not an option [which begs a serious question: why shouldn't it be?], I reserve this vote)

Quote Originally Posted by sunnycrest View Post
    - Windfola

- Imladris

- Downvote: Abysm (if this is not an option [which begs a serious question: why shouldn't it be?], I reserve this vote)
    Healz is a bully!

Vote: Riddermark

Vote: Windfola

Vote :Nimrodel
    Amestoplease, Rk
    Ambusher, Warg

It's a shame no one voted for Gladden to be the server at all, but I dont blame you guys lol. Back in the day, we probably had one of the higher reputations with pvp servers like Elendilmir and Brandywine, particularly for small group, 1v1 action.

It's good you guys aren't though, you'd only find misery and death, figuratively and literally. We are not even close to the same server we used to be unfortunately.

Heyas, I know I'm not voting and all, but thought you may find this helpful/useful. The link below, shows the number of logins for the different servers (No idea how it gathers it's data, but seems accurate enough). The site isn't in English, but I think it's easy enough for you to work out, just click on the server and you can see the number of logins in the last 24 hours.

http://lux-hdro.de/hdro-live.php

Quote Originally Posted by harman097 View Post
    I have a very detailed list of whose vote counts and where their transfer characters are located, so worry not!
    As Giliodor said, I was not voting for Windfola, but "campaigning."

1) Downvote Silverlode

2) Gladden

3) Windfola

1. Meneldor

2. Meneldor

3. Meneldor

voted by my 3 accts

1. Crickhollow
    2. Firefoot
    3. Downvote Riddermark

To be honest, if you're spending money to transfer to another server, do the research. Take time and browse thru each servers PVMP forums, especially the 'mass transfer' thread in each servers PVMP forum. I myself have browsed in each one and got some insight just by reading what the current people there have said. This is a great idea over all, but I'd hate to see you guys transfer and have it be similar to Brandy, or be so dead that 50 people transferring isn't enough to revive a dead server. Good Luck

I agree with what Arwen1793 said, and if you're spending votes just to downvote servers like Silverlode and Landroval (who explicitly stated in their forum's own Mass Transfer thread, "Don't come to our server, it's not what you're looking for.") then you are just wasting everyone else's time.

Just look at this topic from Landroval. Does this seem like the kind of server that would want PvP to be restored? I think they are quite happy with their role-playing tea parties, don't you? https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ampaign=buffer

Then there are people who have withheld their votes. Why? "Well... this is the server I wanted but my other 2 votes are in case another server takes the lead and I'll just join the bandwagon." NO, THIS IS VERY BAD. If you do this on a simple vote, I can't begin to imagine what playing in the Moors with you is gonna be like. You seem like the people who zerg on one side until it starts to look bad then you flip to the winning side, just to keep zerging. If that is the case, some of us on these servers would rather have other people transfer in.

Do the research, it doesn't take very long to roll a freever on server during active hours and just read the OOC. Read the threads on the servers you are potentially voting for, and even the ones you might not vote for. No need to let your ignorance affect the transfer destination of 50 other people.
    Last edited by Hejazia; Aug 31 2014 at 07:28 PM.
    Landroval
    Nazmoth: R14 Reaver, Rocketlauncher: R10 BA, Macroing: R10 Defiler
    Hejazia: R14 Warden

i also wouldn't publicly let everyone know where you are going or tallying vote. Would keep it more on the down-low and just message the players voting what the tally is. it wont eliminate word getting out. but it will make it harder to find. you dont want a bunch of people just following you guys to whichever server you are choosing cause then it will turn into a zerg fest.

hope this helps
    Last edited by Jakreal; Aug 31 2014 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hejazia View Post
    I agree with what Arwen1793 said, and if you're spending votes just to downvote servers like Silverlode and Landroval (who explicitly stated in their forum's own Mass Transfer thread, "Don't come to our server, it's not what you're looking for.") then you are just wasting everyone else's time.

Just look at this topic from Landroval. Does this seem like the kind of server that would want PvP to be restored? I think they are quite happy with their role-playing tea parties, don't you? https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ampaign=buffer

Then there are people who have withheld their votes. Why? "Well... this is the server I wanted but my other 2 votes are in case another server takes the lead and I'll just join the bandwagon." NO, THIS IS VERY BAD. If you do this on a simple vote, I can't begin to imagine what playing in the Moors with you is gonna be like. You seem like the people who zerg on one side until it starts to look bad then you flip to the winning side, just to keep zerging. If that is the case, some of us on these servers would rather have other people transfer in.

Do the research, it doesn't take very long to roll a freever on server during active hours and just read the OOC. Read the threads on the servers you are potentially voting for, and even the ones you might not vote for. No need to let your ignorance affect the transfer destination of 50 other people.
    You dont know the first thing about these people who are interested in transferring regardless if theyre creep or freep so your comments are way off base.

If youre not interested then why reply? Now if youre willing to point out some good server well thats another thing.

Windfola, need numbers.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast