We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Plugin manager not working

I had to re-install LOTRO after replacing my hard drive. Now the turbine plugin manager appears to not be working properly. It doesn't "remember" any plugins I want loaded for a character and it doesn't remember any chosen options for a specific plugin. This hinders enjoyable gameplay significantly as I have to manually configure the plugins every time I log in. Even re-installing the game didn't work Any ideas?

I've had the same issue since I reinstalled earlier this year. Haven't been able to find a thread with any fix suggestions other than re-installing again.

There is a file named PluginOptions.xml in the "Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\PluginData\username\servername" folder where username is your account name and servername is the name of the server. This file stores the settings for which plugins should be autoloaded. If for any reason you can not create or modify this file then the Plugin Manager will not save its settings as you described. Since you replaced your drive, I would first check to be sure that you didn't accidentally copy a version from your old drive which has incompatible permissions - the simplest thing is to delete any existing file (with the game not running) and then restart the game to create a new file. If no such file exists then you might have a permissions problem with the account you are using to run the game.