We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Removing the in defense of erebor challenge

I am suggesting for turbine to remove the in defense of erebor challenge gate to barter for the 65 and 75 symbols.
    “A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.” -???

I do not remember which Turbine employee said that this requirement is a mistake. Hopefully it will be removed in the next game update. No idea as to when that might be.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    I do not remember which Turbine employee said that this requirement is a mistake. Hopefully it will be removed in the next game update. No idea as to when that might be.
    Yup. Sapience mentioned this was a mistake which would be rectified sometime soon.
    Absolution

Since the only way to do challenge mode is to run the instance at level cap (100 now), I vote that the requirement be removed from the level 85 symbols too. Change it to a T1 requirement if you must, but right now you can't do challenge mode until you've outleveled the symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    Yup. Sapience mentioned this was a mistake which would be rectified sometime soon.

"soon" as in Soon? :P
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070100001968dc/signature.png]Mathilanakh[/charsig]

~Main characters~ Arkenstone: Sansanor, 100 Hunter; Mathilanakh, R11 Warg

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    Since the only way to do challenge mode is to run the instance at level cap (100 now), I vote that the requirement be removed from the level 85 symbols too. Change it to a T1 requirement if you must, but right now you can't do challenge mode until you've outleveled the symbol.
    There used to be a T1 deed that opened symbols, as well as a T2 and a T2c. The only difference was the price of the symbol based on the tier of the deed. I haven't looked - is there only a challenge option for symbols?
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

They removed the T1 and T2 options. There is only T2C right now.

The deed is defense of Erebor, which doesn't need challenge. All that is needed is to complete the raids at level cap (which used to be level 85 at the time of release). I agree that the deed should be complete all raids at level 85 (because its for level 85 symbols), but it was never required to do the challenges and still isn't. It is however a requirement to complete those raids at level 100 now (level cap t1 will do), which is really silly. People running their first toons have no way of getting a level 85 symbol to use when they are level 85 this way.

Some will argue that those of us that completed this deed when 85 was cap had to work real hard to get that Erebor deed - and they would be right.. We did have to work hard for it. But. its old content now and making players work at level 100 now for an old level 85 deed, doesn't fit well IMO.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Aug 29 2014 at 09:30 AM.
    Apes are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey

They removed the T1 and T2 options. There is only T2C right now.
    BfE, flight and smaug still have t1 options in instance finder for me.

In defense of Erebor deed still states complete all three raids on t1 at max level.

Skirm vendor is still asking that Defense of Erebor needs to be completed to barter for a symbol.

So, no challenge mode is needed.

It is working as intended in that respect, however why they are needed at max level is just strange. They should be needed at level 85 for level 85 symbols, and Erebor shouldn't be needed at all for level 65 and 75.
    Apes are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey

fin
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    BfE, flight and smaug still have t1 options in instance finder for me.

In defense of Erebor deed still states complete all three raids on t1 at max level.

Skirm vendor is still asking that Defense of Erebor needs to be completed to barter for a symbol.

So, no challenge mode is needed.

It is working as intended in that respect, however why they are needed at max level is just strange. They should be needed at level 85 for level 85 symbols, and Erebor shouldn't be needed at all for level 65 and 75.
    The options are still there in the instance finder, but I was fairly sure the skirmish vendor specified that you needed to complete them on challenge mode to unlock access to buy the symbol. If I am wrong, then never mind. But if you need to run them at level 100 to unlock the deed, then never mind my never minding and my complaint stands.

This has been confirmed many times by Turbine as a mistake.

The next patch will fix it.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon