We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Stilling the Wade

Ok...anyone having problems with this quest? Three times now I've tried this quest.Killed the orcs attacking the wall,then get told to find Siric.When I find him he's just stood there rocking back and forth on his feet like he's stuck in combat and he wont talk to me.anyone else had this?
    Ha! They couldn't hit an Oliphaunt at this dist....

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000067578/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Yep...both my warden and cappy tried it within the last 2 weeks and got hammered....tried several different tatics but nothing worked. I'll try again before moving on to to Dol Amroth.

From what I understand it's a known bug/issue.

Tried it again yesterday...still bugged...gave up on it and moved on...won't be back for this one.

Siric's trigger is a little odd. It seems you have to pass through a very specific path to get him to trigger. If you approach from the wrong angle, you can miss it. I finished this quest yesterday without a bug, but I did have to walk up to Siric twice since I missed his trigger spot the first time.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000001d5189/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

If this is the battle at the first town near the Entwade (at the end of the quest line) I was able to finish it on Saturday night. I was using a Hunter in full Hytbold gear, level 75 2nd age main hand LI, level 85 2nd age bow, 8500ish morale.

I think the first battle is the hardest where you have like 3ish waves of orcs. The trick to that one is to kill the Uruk first as he casts a green aura that protects the other orcs. That one was close but doable.

I think from there I had to protect the gate/fence. For that one you can actually move out just a way towards the Entwade and your war-steed controls can become active so you can mount up if you need to for extra durability. Remember to only focus on the 4 orcs attacking the walls. Once they are dead the quest progresses.

I think the final fight has a high morale Uruk (78kish morale?) and for that you can mount up on your war-steed as well if you go a little bit down the road to activate the attack controls.

Granted, you shouldn't have to do all this but I am just giving suggestions for those who are undergeared and just want to get past this.

Edit: I had no issues getting any NPC to activate. It all just flowed evenly.
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

Well in my last attempt, I was killing the orcs along the fence and one of the Rohirrim dies, ending the senario except it didn't send me back to Edoras to restart and would not let me interact with Eowyn. So I said fine, I'll drop it and get botted and pick it up again. Talk to Eowyn like a good boy and get sent right back to the same session where the idiot got himself killed and could not advance the quest...did this 3 or 4 times and then submitted a ticket. By the time the GM contacted me (Rothgar I think it was). He was very professional and offered to help but I had already left the area and didn't want to go back again.

I just think this quest doesn't like me...it would have been nice to complete the quest line but I'm not a completionist so I'm good.

I've tried this quest four times now on my burglar and it keeps bugging out. I've done it on two other characters and it worked just fine.

I think my problem this time is that I simply do not have enough dps to kill all the mobs quick enough, so npcs dies. I have a feeling that it's this that keeps bugging eowyn.
    I've gotten to the palisade part once. While I was killing the mobs on the side one of the npcs died, and after that eowyn bugged again.
    Currently waiting for help from a GM, but I only got so much time I can wait...
    [center]Anju - Onji - Yuku
    Evernight[/center]