We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lightbulb Looking for...completionists

Hello folk, it is a while that I have this idea and I would really like to see it realized. I hope to find a couple of players who will join me in this epic deed!

What I am trying to setup is a completionist group with a specific theme: The Three Hunters
    So a dwarf guardian, a captain and a elf hunter, the purpose of this group would try to complete every quest and every deed the game offers.
    To avoid overleveling the characters will have to equip the [Stone of the Tortoise] , so almost everything will be played on level (when not under, to make the things a little more challanching).
    All my characters are based on Laurelin, but start a new one on another server wouldn't be an obstacle!
    The group should meet once per week, my time zone is CET.

If you're interested leave an answer here, we will discuss more details via private mail.

Thanks for your attention, I hope to find people for this "thing" and have some good time in Middle-earth.

Have a nice day!

That is an interesting idea. You do realize that completing every single deed will take a *lot* of time? On the other hand I guess there is no particular hurry...

It will also require help from other people from time to time - for example I don't think it will be possible to do things like The Rift or Helegrod on-level with only three people.

I have a level 24 Dwarf guardian with a turtle stone on Laurelin, who would be available if the group wanted to catch up to him. He has been trying to complete everything as he goes along (the player is a rabid completionist). I would even be open to deleting him and starting over, as his personality is too blah for my tastes.

If you wanted to start on Landroval, I could free up a toon to be the Elf Hunter. My current hunter is stuck in graphics meltdown in Combe and is probably lost entirely. IGN Gladnagl on Laurelin or Galdhron on Landroval.
    Gladnagl-Elf LM, Gerbil-Hob Burg, Hamskald-Dwf Guard, Mithlind-Hum Mini, Talarka-Elf Hunt, || Laurelin EN-RP -- For RP; Join Club Slotro; bit.ly/slowtro

Thanks for your answers.

- ertr: indeed playing in this way will take a lot of time, but I am sure that a well equipped trio "trio" with clear objectives can proceed fast, as for the group contents surely the group will need more people, but I think won't be a problem find someone interested through /wd or /lff channels...
    So would you like to join?

- Gladnagl: it is a pleasure to see that you're interested, anyway I'd prefer to start over with new characters, Landroval sounds good, i have no characters there.
    So if you'll pick the dwarf guardian I'll pick the captain (I've already created it -> Beriadir).

Now we have to look for a "Legolas" and a day to start the adventure...

I would like to participate. I have created an elf hunter named Gilfrandir on Landroval.

You are the very welcome Nickysmom!

Yeah, I would have been interested in joining, but since you already seem to be three people I will bow out.
    Do send me a PM though if any of you has to leave and you need a replacement.

I'll roll the Dwarf Guardian this evening, and then continue grinding the TP for the Tortoise stone. This will be my third stone in about a week. He'll probably be called some variation of Hamfist or Hamskald.

Question: Are you also trying to complete the 2 or 3 side quests in the training area?
    Gladnagl-Elf LM, Gerbil-Hob Burg, Hamskald-Dwf Guard, Mithlind-Hum Mini, Talarka-Elf Hunt, || Laurelin EN-RP -- For RP; Join Club Slotro; bit.ly/slowtro

The plan is creat your character and level it to 6, then turtle it.
    when you finish the intro do not take any quest we will start togheter from Thorin's Hall, and please Gladnagl would you mail me your Dwarf name once you've created it.

Gladnagl: me and Nickysmom are both ingame right now, we have decided to establish Monday as meeting day. We should meet at 3pm Server Time, let us know if this works for you!

Can it be an hour or 2 after 3pm? I'm in North America, so that's still pretty much in my work day.

Also something to think about. Each crafting profession has a couple of profession specific quests. To do them all will require changing vocation up to 3 times. The farthest out one I can remember is near the Forsaken Inn in Lone-Lands, for a copper ring.

1 hour later works for me, two would be a bit too much cause would meaning start at 23:00 for me...
    About crafting, we will choose a profession and we'll craft stuff for us...there is no need to complete all crafting quest nor festivals deed cause they're avaliable for a limited period of time, we should concentrate on qest, epic quests and deeds.

Please communicate your dwarf name asap.

Quote Originally Posted by punkboy1985 View Post
    1 hour later works for me, two would be a bit too much cause would meaning start at 23:00 for me...
    About crafting, we will choose a profession and we'll craft stuff for us...there is no need to complete all crafting quest nor festivals deed cause they're avaliable for a limited period of time, we should concentrate on qest, epic quests and deeds.

Please communicate your dwarf name asap.
    The dwarf's name is Hamloin (of the Iron Hills). I can make 4pm server time work.

Hamloin.

Is 4:00pm server time Monday Sept 1 official then?

Situation Report
    To: Captain Emlain, Border Regiment of the Iron Hills
    From: Hamloin of the Iron Hills, detached from the Border Regiment

Sir,

I remember your parting words, "Hamloin, whatever happens outside the Iron Hills, be resourceful. And I order you not to die!" It is first and foremost my duty and privilege to report that I remain alive (as ordered)! The same can not be said about the trade delegation I accompanied through Khazad-dum, to as far as Eregion. There, forces from Angmar ambushed the caravan and made off with prisoners and all the goods. A few Angmarim died to my spear, but alas, not enough. The small elf encampments in the region were no help in recovering the missing items, as they rely mostly on sell-swords and adventurers for their security. I realize now why you sent me; a veteran might fight to the death, but a novice footsoldier would follow orders and escape.

The Iron Hills sealed Letter of Introduction was on my person, so I faithfully delivered it to King Dwalin. What good it will do without a trade delegation, I can not say. Because my name was not on the letter, they are not obliged to treat me officially as a military attache. However, protocol and hospitality did set me up with a bunk and rations, until Dwalin's folk can sort out what to do with me. (Thorin's Hall common dwarf folk were eager for news from the Iron Hills, but military discipline kept me from revealing anything that might be useful to the enemy.)

This temporary assignment is with The Company of Mirkwood Exiles, a thoroughly undisciplined and disreputable band of mixed race rejects and outright criminals. Their roster is as follows:

Galdhron - The Noldor elf leader of these rebels; he was exiled from Mirkwood for defying King Thranduil. He appears to be a sorcerer like Brohnson.
    Triwing - Galdhron's lost sister, an elf champion who shows some potential.
    Twostep - A human criminal who Galdhron bailed out from the executioner's axe. I pity the axe for losing a neck.
    Brohnson - A shifty looking human sorcerer from Dale. He should be next for the axe.
    Twoing - A fellow dwarf, from Thorin's Hall, who made the unfortunate choice of learning to fight with bows and traps. He also assists the sorcerer in scholarly studies.

Dwalin goes too far by quartering me with this unit. I was told that the Dwarves of Thorin's Hall would teach me "unconventional, small unit tactics". I am very afraid they may permanently assign me to the Exiles for such training, this would be an outrage!

So, following your orders to be "resourceful", I will conduct the following general orders:

(1) Pose as a civilian mineral prospector and surveyor, cataloging possibly profitable iron deposits west of the Misty Mountains.
    (2) Serve as a scout to Thorin's Hall for the Enemy originating from Angmar. This will allow me to possibly track down and rescue our missing delegation.
    (3) Join a company of more respectable hunters. A hunting party would give me the widest possible access to the remote regions of Eriador.

These general orders will serve until you can get word to me on specific orders. I will petition King Dwalin to send this letter via special dwarven courier to the Iron Hills, as a means to maintain good diplomatic ties, one kingdom to another.

In Service To King And Nation,
    Hamloin
    Last edited by Gladnagl; Aug 29 2014 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickysmom View Post
    Is 4:00pm server time Monday Sept 1 official then?
    Absolutely, 4pm server time works perfectly!

Situation Report

Sir,

My tour of duty with The Company of Mirkwood Exiles is over (thank the Valar!). A Thorin Hall's cousin of a newphew of the dwarf member of the Exiles found me a hunting party forming up in Ered Luin. Of the two other members, an elf and human, neither are regular military and therefore have not the discipline and bearing that I am used to. But given the nature of the reprobates of my previous posting, better the curse that could be there than the one I have been hexed with already. I believe they call themselves the Wanderers.

The Wanderers have in mind to explore the length and breadth of Eriador. Given that there are no major battles planned in this region that I know of, this may provide the best opportunity to practice my warcraft. It would be an outrage if on my return to the Iron Hills, a raw recruit could best me in battle, merely from lack of practice. As it stands, we are assisting the local elves and dwarves to clear out the local rabble. The foes are an undisciplined lot, mostly goblins, and really not much of a challenge, except...

What I must report from these engagements, however, is a disturbing development here among dwarf-kin. A clan of dwarves known as the Dourhands have fallen into evil ways. You may have heard about our brethren in the Blue Mountains falling several centuries ago. An agent of the Witch King of Angmar has possessed the body of one of their leaders (Skorgrim, Clan Dourhand), and directs them in the most vile ways, even to the point of allying with goblins! (Although the Witch King was defeated, his forces were never completely destroyed. This is a nuisance in the area that must be addressed.)

The ally of my enemy is my enemy, even though he once be kin. However, I will tread lightly here. History may judge us Dwarves as harshly as the Kinstrife haunts the Elves. It is no small thing to engage in civil war, so if there is a chance the Dourhands my be redeemed, it shall be pursued.

I will report more about skirmishes and tactics and this campaign progresses.

Hamloin

[The next installment will be from "The Shire Conspiracy" reports. What secret weapon are those sneaky hobbits harboring, hmmm?]
    Last edited by Gladnagl; Sep 08 2014 at 12:40 PM.

[OOC]

(The following tip is for other completionist players out there, not just members of The Three Wanderers, the new name of this group.)

Áskel in Gondamon was offering us a quest at L13; Gondamon to Bree-Town. That's why the ring was grayed out at L12. But we can get the quest From the Shire to Bree-town at L10, which is mutually exclusive. We can complete either quest, no need for both.

[/OOC]

Situation Report

Sir,

It is my privilege to report that I am not dead yet, as ordered!

Although it is hard to say how one may die, in this current assignment in The Shire, except perhaps by boredom. The Three Wanderers decided not to conquer enemies of The Shire together, as the presence of three warriors together rampaging through their farms and forests might rouse the locals with pitchforks, or even still, their constabulary. This all assumes the hobbits do not have hidden away a Secret Weapon to keep fierce enemies from even trying to invade. There seems to be no other explanation how such a peaceful countryside has remained free for so many generations.

If they do have a Secret Weapon, it would be of course my responsibility to pass those plans on to our weapons experts in the Iron Hills. I will perform every task these hobbits ask, pass every test, take on any chore no matter how menial, until their secret is revealed to me. They make it so easy to do so, as any respectable looking hobbit or non-hobbit is invited to join their border regiment, "The Bounders". They also recruit able bodied couriers into their "Quick Post" system. I even have it on good authority that their alternate courier system, "Polly's Pie Carriers", carries diplomatic messages disguised as rotten baked goods. You certainly recruited and dispatched the right dwarf, Hamloin, to carry out this important mission.

Assuming this Secret Weapon does not kill me as an enemy of the kingdom, I'll send back a full report.

Hamloin