We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lotro Install problem with Akami

hello everyone, I know a lot of topics already posted about this but I find any solution to solve it.

I downloaded the game client on site after installation and the download completed, I click on the button "start the game." A window pops up but stuck on "retrieving list from Akamai happy," and after a few seconds the window no longer responds.

I have tried uninstalling akamai after downloading, go through Steam (which does not want to start) and unsuccessful. Despite having searched many forums and even contacted Turbine, I do not find any way to circumvent Akamai.
    Thank you in advance for any solution that could help me.

I have attached a screenshot of the window that appear :

I don't know if it will help or not but when I needed to download Lotro from scratch again recently I selected to download standard resolution(pc), from here;

https://www.lotro.com/en/game/download

it is the lo-res version and I never even had to accept Akami licence agreement at all. The game downloaded and installed fine and you have the option to change to hi-res version during the install.

ok thanks i'll try that way

EDIT : it didn't work either. I still end up with the window that no longer responds :/
    Last edited by Mksm18244; Aug 25 2014 at 04:01 PM.