We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Path of Exile : Now THATS how you do housing.

Hi Turbine,
    You need to download Path of Exile and go look at the player hideouts there.
    Thats the way to do player housing correctly.
    No Hooks.
    No Limits on the number of items.
    7 Layouts to chose from.
    Buy decorations from 7 types of master with 7 different styles.
    EVERY SINGLE ITEM is placeable anywhere, rotatable to any angle and most have multiple styles.

Just look at http://imgur.com/a/5lRD5#0 to see just some of the layouts possible.

THATS HOW YOU DO HOUSING.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasgard View Post
    Hi Turbine,
    You need to download Path of Exile and go look at the player hideouts there.
    Thats the way to do player housing correctly.
    No Hooks.
    No Limits on the number of items.
    7 Layouts to chose from.
    Buy decorations from 7 types of master with 7 different styles.
    EVERY SINGLE ITEM is placeable anywhere, rotatable to any angle and most have multiple styles.

Just look at http://imgur.com/a/5lRD5#0 to see just some of the layouts possible.

THATS HOW YOU DO HOUSING.
    All of that was done first, and better, in Star Wars Galaxies. And with player cities, not just houses.

Ultima Online still has the best system of houses (despite the graphic).

Quote Originally Posted by Nasgard View Post
    Hi Turbine,
    This placement mechanic has been seen in Epic Battles through engineer war-machine placement, so I know it's possible. Not that I care to be able to rotate furniture upside-down! I just want to put furniture where I want.

I don't mind having a limit to how many items I can place, but I do wish that the "hooks" were universal - ie. If I don't needs some "wall hooks" I want to re-purpose them as "floor hooks" or something or other.
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=3][FONT=garamond]Help me build my [URL="http://bit.ly/1gxLZ76"][COLOR=#ff8c00]LOTRO Performance Reference Guide[/COLOR][/URL]!
    Link for [URL="http://bit.ly/1gmjTKV"][COLOR=#999999]Mac users[/COLOR][/URL]

[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]

I'm no expert on housing, but the Rift dimension system impressed me. You pretty much can do anything. You can build your house any way you like, you can build an enire city if you want to, or a cabin in a tree. You can build your own furniture. You can place anything anywhere you like.

You can create a villa like this
    http://dimensiontouring.com/2014/08/...sfaeblight-na/
    or an Eastern style house
    http://dimensiontouring.com/2014/09/...ebrutwacht-eu/
    or you can build a scary cabin in the woods
    http://dimensiontouring.com/2014/08/...r-brutwact-eu/
    or you can even do this
    http://dimensiontouring.com/2014/08/11/lady-liberty/

Anyway, since I'm not a builder myself, I like Lotro's small stylish housing system. It's good enough for me to build one cozy house for each server where I play, without spending tons of time. And then I can just forget about it and just adore it occasionally when I visit it.

But yeah, there are some pretty impressive housing systems out there.

After playing Lotro for almost 7 years, I went to Rift for their housing. For me it was a very sad decision.

Dimensions. Buy a plot of land, build anything. Your only holdup is your own imagination + item cap. My current dimension holds 2500 items. You can build in the air, in the water, on the land, whatever you choose.

I wish lotro would take a look at Rift's dimensions and see what can be done for Lotro's very much outdated housing. There were/are so many things Lotro could have/should have done for housing. Even the ability to paint your home a different color, or add a chimeny on the outside, a new wing, some ivy or shutters. The hooks really have no place in housing. You can put things in your house as long as you put them where lotro says you can. What is the point then? Clone after clone.

I have spent several months now on Rift and would love to see some of the marketplace/housing implemented in Lotro. For example, Rex. In game credits. For people that can afford them, they can buy a Rex (credits) and sell them on the AH to those that can not 'afford' to buy with rl cash. This is a big money maker for Rift.

What can you do with those credits? Besides the obvious charcter expansion slots/souls etc, you can buy a wealth of dimension items from the marketplace. Which in return again, is more money for Rift. Dimensions are a very very hot item in Rift and a great money maker for them. Lotro, please check this out.

Lotro, you made a beautifully landscaped game, but failed in the housing area. For a game that has been so close to my heart for so many years, it breaks my heart that Lotro will not even try to update the housing.

Housing can bring in some much needed cash to Lotro. Please redo housing.

Check out the Star Wars Stongholds for a look at a truly impressive housing system.

I was 100% re-hooked on LOTRO this month, until my cousin sent me a link to the housing in SWTOR (a game I had all but forgotten about).

All The Best

The reality is your never gonna see big changes like this to housing. Turbine no longer has the staff & resources to totally redo housing.

Quote Originally Posted by peachykins View Post
    The reality is your never gonna see big changes like this to housing. Turbine no longer has the staff & resources to totally redo housing.
    Which is, frankly, a myopic business decision.

A revamped housing system is one of the areas of the game that is ripe for monetisation.

I have 8 toons, I'd be spending 100's of TP on each of them if there was a decent housing system.

All The Best

actually, i love eq1's housing. i also love lotro's housing but i hate being so limited and having hooks for everything. i like eq2 housing but the prestige houses began to get rather huge and boring for me. then they came out with the winter retreat and the steamfont island and the houses that were empty pieces of landscape that you could work with. i loved those. some house are a decorator's nightmare. others give you inspiration that has no ending.

if we had more slots in the housing we have and if we could decorate them inside and out in our own way with all kinds of items including shields and weapons that could be placeable and mannequins or house actors to show off the clothing on, there is a lot of potential here. i would rather have a small house ( and maybe some a bit larger than the kin halls) with unlimited placement and slots to work with.

i prefer to create a home that i would live in. when my sister walks into one of my places on eq2 and says "yes, i could see myself living here and i would love it", that is the highest compliment i could possibly get. i don't want stuff that leaves me scratching my head and searching for the transporter pads to try to get around in. i want something that sparks my imagination on the borders of reality and gets me to thinking ok, how do i make that really special feeling happen here? you know, the one that makes your heart stand still and your eyes light up with the wonder of it all and you just think -- "oooo - yeah gotcha."

The EQ2 system is wild, I can put anything, anywhere. No hooks, no size restrictions, put things on top of stuff or inside. Guild halls are whole cities within themselves. The craftsmen make a lot of different things for the house. My mounts can even be there - free standing. I have a waterfall, forest, big tropical fish tank. These are things I created by combining other things, not something already made by the game or a craftsman. I even have crafting stations scattered about - their crafting is on very accurate and nicely done stations. My EQ2 home is something I would live in - and I don't even use the whole thing (it is middle sized) I invite anyone to visit. It is on the PVP server Nagafen and is in the Mage tower ("good" side) and belongs to Siskiyou. I quit playing permanently because they changed PVP so that the walled cities were not sanctuary any more. Being jumped as I walked from the bank was not my idea of fun.

Anyway, I have free housing (from a contest or such) and it will be there forever. If you visit watch for those stupid lazy PVPers who can't be bothered to go hunting outside of the city.

Thumbs down

The problem here guys is that the Dev team has no will to make the game better, and have a major lack of imagination and the producer well the game has lacked having a real producer for several years now. Instead of producers we got liars and hatchet-men. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by peachykins View Post
    Are you serious ? Turbine has the staff to do it they just prefer to work on the same #### time after time. They spent most of their resources on Infinite Crisis which just launched. It sucks and DC Universe Online is better.