We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Crafted Relic came out bound to crafter?

My lvl 100 Mini procures a Compendium of Middle Earth V from the skirm camp vendor and mails it and an emerald shard to my lvl 31 Westemnet Master Jeweler. Jeweler takes ingots, emerald, shard, compendium and makes an emerald guild trade necklace. Upon trading it to the guild leader the Westemnet sealed device is returned bound to him. Huh? What did I miss?

Apart from the primary stat relics (vit/fate/agi etc), and some of the mounted class relics, all crafted relics are bind on acquire. (It does say this in the tooltip).

Quote Originally Posted by Anavalar View Post
    Upon trading it to the guild leader the Westemnet sealed device is returned bound to him. Huh? What did I miss?
    Those relics, that you barter for with the items crafted by any of the Compendiums, are able to be bartered by any Guild. And thus, if someone wants them on their character, that character has to be in a guild, with sufficient standing.

They're not like the stat relics are are only crafted by a specific guild (ie. Cook = Morale, Jeweller = Will, Metalsmith = Might, etc.) which are tradable.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Those relics, that you barter for with the items crafted by any of the Compendiums, are able to be bartered by any Guild. And thus, if someone wants them on their character, that character has to be in a guild, with sufficient standing.

They're not like the stat relics are are only crafted by a specific guild (ie. Cook = Morale, Jeweller = Will, Metalsmith = Might, etc.) which are tradable.
    Thanks folks. That explains a lot.

I have all my crafting alts at Westemnet level but only the jeweler guilded and he had previously only crafted a Will relic for my main. Guess it's time to grind tailor guild rep on my main. /sigh

Also, they don't take an Emerald Shard to make. The most expensive component is the Compendium.
    [color=red]Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...[/color]

Compendiums 1 to 4 are available as daily repeatable quest rewards. Compendium 5 is barterable at skirmish camps for marks/medallions and from Quickbeam the Ent in the Entwood (level 95 area) for Fangorn leaves. It may be available from some other NPC's but I only remember those ones right now.

The Relicmaster NPC at Anazarmekham in Moria has the quest (Trace Metals) for Compendium 1.
    The Relicmaster NPC at Ost Galadh in Mirkwood has the quest (Silken Strands) for Compendium 2.
    Bron in Galtrev/Enedwaith (near the forge and relic master NPC's) has the quest (Forges of Isengard) for Compendium 3.
    The scholar instance in Hytbold in eastern Rohan has Compendium 4 as a selectable quest reward.