We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Account-wide Store Mounts in the Market?

I really like that most premium steeds are now permanently available in the Store; that makes it a lot easier for people to buy them when they want them, not when they happen to be the steed of the month.

However, I will not buy any of these steeds for the simple reason that they are a per-character purchase. There are four premium steeds I would buy right away if they were account-wide and another two or three I'd buy with time.

I understand that it would be awkward to offer account-wide versions of these steeds in the Store now when people only could get a per-character version in the past. But how about offering them in the Market for cash? The same thing was done with the class steeds, after all. Going by the other mount bundles available in the Market, I'd say that 20$ for a single account-wide premium steed would seem fair. Or offer all 13 steeds that are newly perma-available in the Store in a bundle for about 200$ if you don't want to clutter up the Market with that many individual offers.

With my many alts I would totally go for that kind of bundle, even though 200$ is a lot of money for me, but such a lot of account-wide mounts with matching War-Steed cosmetics would be worth it for me.
    German, female, migrated from CodeMasters in 2011, Premium member, slow-leveller, pure PvEer and opposed to Forced Emotes - wherever I fit into the statistic, it's not in its middle.

Seconded!! I would pay the extra to get account wide Steeds

I could not agree more. I bought the last account wide steed (the steed of Rivendell) and have been checking the store ever since for the next one, only to be continually disappointed at the lack of account wide availability. I would buy more turbine points and buy more horses if I could use them on multiple characters. In the past I have spent TP's on steeds for just one character, but after the Trait Tree's have rendered some of those characters useless to me (as they are no longer enjoyable to play) I now have no intention of ever buying a character exclusive steed again. My champion alone has 3 store bought steeds that now never see the light of day because I rarely (if ever) log into him as the trait tree's completely ruined my character build.

I too will never buy another single character mount, especially not at their current 1995 TP per price. They just are not worth it with the current state of the game. Since Turbine seems set on focusing on tailoring the game to kids and casuals, and making most things only available through the store or via mithril coins, their current steed prices make no sense. With the current player base they would make more money if all mounts were account wide because kids and casual players just will not spend that much for a mount for one character. If they were all account wide for the same price, people would be more willing to buy TP to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Divone View Post
    I too will never buy another single character mount, especially not at their current 1995 TP per price. They just are not worth it with the current state of the game. Since Turbine seems set on focusing on tailoring the game to kids and casuals, and making most things only available through the store or via mithril coins, their current steed prices make no sense. With the current player base they would make more money if all mounts were account wide because kids and casual players just will not spend that much for a mount for one character. If they were all account wide for the same price, people would be more willing to buy TP to get them.
    Kinda insulting to group casual players with kids ... basically calling them juvenile. Nothing about LOTRO is like a children's game, accept the attitudes of some people ... think raids make you more adult and "hardcore"? No, the only thing hardcore about being a serious raider is how much of your RL time you give up to grind for that piece of gear.

While I agree with your comments on the mounts, the wording of the rest of your post is just distasteful.
    "I swear to God, if this thing turns into a zombie attack, I am quitting." - Jack Carter

Quote Originally Posted by warriorpoetex View Post
    Kinda insulting to group casual players with kids ... basically calling them juvenile. Nothing about LOTRO is like a children's game, accept the attitudes of some people ... think raids make you more adult and "hardcore"? No, the only thing hardcore about being a serious raider is how much of your RL time you give up to grind for that piece of gear.

While I agree with your comments on the mounts, the wording of the rest of your post is just distasteful.
    I think you have read a little to much vitriol into that comment personally, as what I read is simply that the target audience of the game has changed to a younger crowd and so one with less money. In a nut shell, I believe what Divone was saying was that a younger person would be more inclined to spend some money that they might obtain on a mount that they could use on all of their characters. It really is no secret that the difficulty of the game has been tailored recently to a younger audience in many respects, as well as many of the 'fluff' style addons such as cosmetic pets. Of course there will always be people of all walks of life who enjoy the content as it is released, but there is always a target audience behind a companies motivations and in the case of Lotro I would have to agree that the age limit has been reduced from what it used to be. There was also no mention of raiding so I have to say that I feel you are the one who has been somewhat distasteful here.