We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A Mass Transfer to YOUR Server?

A lot of servers are dying out - especially in the Moors. Many people want action, but don't want the constant RvR and lag associated with Brandywine. I'm trying to organize those who enjoy small group PvP into picking an alternative mass transfer location, in the hopes of creating a mid-high population moors with a retained focus on small group action. I've set an arbitrary minimum of 50 people committed to transferring a character - certainly not enough to serve as a decent moors population in itself, but enough to hopefully get things started. It looks like we'll hit that number relatively soon, and now we need to get some information on what server might be the best choice as a small-group, Brandywine alternative.

I'm curious about the state of your server. Answers to any of these questions would be much appreciated!

1) What is the current state of your PvP? Freep dominated? Creep dominated? Flipper dominated?
    2) What is your creep population like? Are there quality tribes? Are there a decent amount of high ranked creeps left playing?
    3) What is your freep population like? PvP kins? High ranked freeps?
    4) Do you currently have Raid v Raid at peak hours?
    5) Would a mass transfer of PvP'ers be welcomed or shunned?
    6) How is your 1v1 scene here? Is it frowned upon with lots of 1v1 gankers and OOC hate? Or are there a decent amount who enjoy it?

Thanks!

If you're interested in joining in, please /sign here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...fer-Discussion or contact me via PM.
    Last edited by harman097; Aug 20 2014 at 06:11 PM.

Thumbs up O.O

well if u have not heard we are dramalode so things are always weird. Im probably not the best person to say anything regarding our server but ill answer the questions from my point of view since im sure everyone will have their own

1. Tbh I don't think we have a real domineering side on slode. we used to have an exceptional creepside and a very united freepside but both of these broke up or transferred to brandy. Now it is rather even when the raids come out groupwise unless one side stacks to many healers.

2. About the tribes we used to have serveral small intense ones or large casual ones on creepside but now there are very few powerful tribes left its basically whoever gets on not much tribal power anymore. As for the ranked creeps we lost a lot a while back I would say we do have quite a few higher rankers on both sides that are out constantly.

3. Same on freepside. there used to be big powerful pvp kins but some split and some xfered to get face rolled on brandy but population wise on both sides about a full raid comes out on weekends enough for RvR action.

4.Best time for RvR action right now is either Friday nights or Saturdays and sometimes Sundays basically weekends is the only time we really have raids going on.

5.I'm sure new talent would be welcomed since our pvp has really died down. If a whole new wave of people were to start playing on slode im sure people would be really hyped about it.

6.1v1ing on slode recently has been a big source of getting your points because during the week not a ton of people are on. granted their will be the people on both sides who cant 1v1 and cry about people 1v1ing so they bring in a raid but that rarely happens.

well that my opinion on this so yeh whatevs looks like a really cool program u got going here
    Elezmera lvl 100 rank 11 mini Arantoth lvl 100 rank 9 champion Sugro lvl 100 rank 7 burg Grinbash lvl 100 rank 8 warg Shapdoom lvl 100 rank 10 reaver Mordul lvl 100 rank 7 spider Ratgrat lvl 100 rank 7 Warleader
    SILVERLODE

Quote Originally Posted by harman097 View Post
    A lot of servers are dying out - especially in the Moors. Many people want action, but don't want the constant RvR and lag associated with Brandywine. I'm trying to organize those who enjoy small group PvP into picking an alternative mass transfer location, in the hopes of creating a mid-high population moors with a retained focus on small group action. I've set an arbitrary minimum of 50 people committed to transferring a character - certainly not enough to serve as a decent moors population in itself, but enough to hopefully get things started. It looks like we'll hit that number relatively soon, and now we need to get some information on what server might be the best choice as a small-group, Brandywine alternative.

I'm curious about the state of your server. Answers to any of these questions would be much appreciated!

1) What is the current state of your PvP? Freep dominated? Creep dominated? Flipper dominated?
    2) What is your creep population like? Are there quality tribes? Are there a decent amount of high ranked creeps left playing?
    6) How is your 1v1 scene here? Is it frowned upon with lots of 1v1 gankers and OOC hate? Or are there a decent amount who enjoy it?

Thanks!

If you're interested in joining in, please /sign here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...fer-Discussion or contact me via PM.

Im not interested in joining in, but following what u saying, clearly this is not the server u r looking for

Creeps and Freeps doesnt come out without healers, so there is no point of small groups fights here anymore, thats why it ends in a RvsR or big groups fights healing each other for like 20-30 min

Come Over

Lemme just point out first that ppl on Slode are like "I want action. Moors is dead. Lotro is dying. We need server merges. waaaaaaaahh! waaahhhhahha! wahahh!!!" But when someone has 50 ppl to come and help our moors out, they are like "Oh No don't come, it's trash! We just want to stay here complaining that we dont have action in moors instead of doing something about it! BOOHOOO!"

My point of view:

1) I would say that the moors is balanced with freeps and creeps. It's mainly the amount of ppl that log on in a day and if some ppl take days off and stuff while others dont ect.

2) Creep tribes can have their small groups but creeps can make good action when they all come together. The BS is that they get loads of healers cuz they count soooo many mini's all the time and freeps get a lot of healers when they count a whole lot of defilers and WL's. But this happens on all servers so it doesnt really matter. There are plenty of r10 and above if thats what your looking for.

3) There is a big freep population but only towards weekends and fridays. A lot of freeps like doing their bad OD runs but we can get a good load of freeps out. Again, it depends on the amount of ppl with time in their hands away from work and family stuff.

4) Most RvR would be on friday night up to 2:00 a.m ish into saturday and from saturday night into 2:00 a.m ish sunday.

5) There are a lot of ppl that like to point out the transfers but after a week, the transfers are like a new piece of dramalode and were all cool with them. There has been some ppl that have recently transfered here and our attitude towards them only affects the way they are. Like if they only insult and rage, they might find a spot with a guild called Young n' Dickless. If they are nice, they are welcomed in nice kins and they are always welcome to raids or small groups.

6) We have a lot of 1v1 circles at GTA during the week when everyone is busy working or at school. There are some people like farmaduir that like to gank, but if someone ganks, the other side can face roll them and creeps or freeps may watch their fellow creep or freep get rolled because they know what they did.

I hope you guys come to Slode! Action here is fun and I hope that we get a bunch of small groups going since raids make everyone lag and go link dead.

A giant initial transfer here would have to be balanced.

Creepside really can't even handle the action now. We already have a handful of Freep group leaders, and their really is only one Creep leader, Shupth, and if he's not on all the creeps sit at Grams and wait for WL and BA's to log on.

So couldn't really support a giant surge of freep transfers. Which I think is the majority of people wanting action now.
    Brandywine is a perfect zerg haven for creeps, but complete and utter suicide for freep's.

I suggest revitalizing a bigger populated server where action isn't totally dead like here. I see you are spamming every servers pvp forums so maybe will get some hits on Landy or E.
    Would help with growth and numbers sustainment also revitalizing a well populated server.

A good thought...

Thank you for the productive and actionable post. It's an interesting thought for the PVP community to effectively shift populations.

I would welcome a return to small group action. The zerg fest of raid+ versus raid+ on Brandywine isn't much fun.

As an introduction to my perspectives, I am a dedicated creep and have been for six years or so after level capping three freep toons three times at 50, 60, and 65. I have no interest in freeping any longer. I have ties to people on this server and would like to stay here, but am willing to transfer if there was a good community with good action and some of my brethren creeps transferred elsewhere.

My thoughts...

---1) What is the current state of your PvP? Freep dominated? Creep dominated? Flipper dominated?

From the limited times I'm on during daytime hours in the U.S., there is very little action. Very few creeps or freeps.

In the U.S. timezone evenings, there gradually builds a dedicated creep force, who generally outnumber the freeps until the freeps come out in a larger / class-structured group. It does not appear that many Silverlode freeps will come out without an established group of 3-8 people. I can understand that people would want to group with friends and be able to have a chance in what they expect to encounter. Some freeps are not seen at all unless they have a large group that dominates the creeps. Freeps do not appear to show up one by one. Creeps usually do. The sudden influx of a structured freep force generally wipes uncoordinated creeps. Sometimes creeps in communication with freeps can announce that a freep group is coming (I would rather not see communication with the enemy, but alas). We do have some flippers, but not anywhere to the extent previously. We previously had some freeps logging toons in to spy on OOC and creep location, but that seems to be minimal now.

Freeps currently complain in the forums (where a good amount of the Silverlode PvP seems to occur) about creeps stacking heals. That said, freeps seem unwilling to recognize creep groups trying to adjust by bringing more dps while freeps easily outheal the number of creeps on. Freep groups will block those creeps from compensating via outposts or trying to move the fight. Then creeps end up compensating by trying to alt to healers and then have insufficient dps. Freep groups stay together and the creeps who are on cannot break through the healing, better CC, better AOE of the freeps. And people log...

Weekends I have not been on as much. It seems there are larger, more balanced fights.

---2) What is your creep population like? Are there quality tribes? Are there a decent amount of high ranked creeps left playing?

Once the freeps come out, the creeps have open groups in general. Some creeps do not group, which is fine. Silverlode generally does not tribe-centric groups, but it has happened sometimes. There are a mix of creep ranks, with some high level ranks around (especially as it is now SO much easier to rank up than years ago). The good news is that many of the lower ranked creeps appear to be reasonably competent players who listen and try to do what the group is doing. Lag sometimes ends up being the element which destroys a group for creeps.

---3) What is your freep population like? PvP kins? High ranked freeps?

There are some really competent, skilled freep players on Silverlode who work well together. These are the ones who generally group together and are out consistently. Some of these groups will play in a disadvantaged position (outnumbered, in our NPCs, near our rez) and do very well. A good amount of the time, they are kicking our butts, but props to them.

Some of these freep groups will only push when they have dominating numbers and will turn tail and run to their NPCs if they cannot wipe the creeps. This is a bit sad, but they paid their money, so play like you want.

There are also some freeps that are not as good/not as ranked/don't know how to complement and support each other or haven't figured that out as well yet. These are usually the add-ons. And they are generally rolled more easily, which I'm sure doesn't encourage them to come out, but creeps do appreciate all freeps who come out - as long as freeps aren't rude, unwilling to recognize when they need to adjust (outposts, fighting in NPCs, etc).

---4) Do you currently have Raid v Raid at peak hours?

Not that I have seen. Maybe on weekends there is more.

---5) Would a mass transfer of PvP'ers be welcomed or shunned?

As Romeros said, I believe it's a question of attitude. If people act superior and bad mouth people, then others generally dislike that. I've seen players on both sides who appear to take delight in being a troll. I gather it is part of the experience for these people. Personally, I find it reflects poorly upon themselves as people. I'm disappointed in a few freeps who used to creep and incessantly disrespect others now. But it is what it is.

Much like poker, PVP is a predatory game (with the absence of questing for points = crud). Insulting your opponent causes them to leave the table - and you to lose income. I would welcome an influx of people on both sides. I'd hope people are reasonable, but we're all human, have bad days and good days. We have some immature kids and adults in this game and some very mature folks as well.

This is my main character's third server in 6-7 years playing creepside. Upon arrival here years ago, I was greeted with derision and scorn by the 'leaders' of creepside at that time. Subsequent discussions with people over the years led to the thought that they were "just kidding" and "having a good time". I would note that these same people are ones who are unable to take a joke well, rage log when things go badly, etc.

So I think that is a big "it depends".

---6) How is your 1v1 scene here? Is it frowned upon with lots of 1v1 gankers and OOC hate? Or are there a decent amount who enjoy it?

To me, LOTRO is a group game and I do not like 1v1s. I find 1v1 circles negatively impact the little action we have as people who play classes that naturally lend towards 1v1s enjoy racking in the points while they farm each other. I don't go out of my way to bust up 1v1 circles, but when they are poorly placed, I think people are fair game. Move the 1v1 farm circle away from the main map points and thoroughfares and I think you'll find people will let it be.

Just my thoughts...

Sheznik
    Last edited by RedKnight123; Aug 21 2014 at 04:09 PM.

I have recently checked the other servers and they are pretty much dead (way more than slode). They do need server merges. I would say that Slode is the second most populated server for moors. I think this is the server ur looking for if you don't want to play in Brandy. If you do come, we can make it work better and we will have the best moors fights the world has ever seen!

Quote Originally Posted by harman097 View Post

Thanks!

1 Its pretty even now...we just had a mass exodus of freeps/creeps so we only have creeps/freeps on the weekends.
    2 there are really only 2 tribes that have been around for a LONG time..and That is TMR and Grothum. we have alot of newer tribes who are willing to invite new players.
    3 Freeps have alot of high ranked healers and not much else so they stack a bit more healers than are needed same could go for creepside. We do not have any pvp kins anymore, And our High ranked freeps don't come out often unless on weekends same could go for the high ranked creeps.
    4 Not to my knowledge I only come on when texted/pm'd threw steam and that doesn't happen very often.
    5 We are the Dramaloders of Lotro..We enjoy drama but when you get to know us we are a decent bunch of players. If you came in and revived our PvP I'm sure you'd be welcomed with open arms. I would because its really boring being the only r14 warleader :P.
    6 1v1s are here...frowned upon but it still goes on gankers usually only happen when watchers get ganked. Don't know if people enjoy it but That's the closest way to put it.

7 We actually do have a freep group that use to come out during peak and that would be our Korean/South America group.

-Maggotmeat Systemlord Rank 14 Warleader 7 Year Veteran of Dramalode
    Nope, we did have warleaders but their class role has changed to cheerleader.
    Godhelm of Nimrodel | Winner! Maggotmeat has won the match against Thejuggernaut.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeros View Post
    I have recently checked the other servers and they are pretty much dead (way more than slode). They do need server merges. I would say that Slode is the second most populated server for moors. I think this is the server ur looking for if you don't want to play in Brandy. If you do come, we can make it work better and we will have the best moors fights the world has ever seen!
    Turbine won't merge servers because "merging servers means dead game" they wanna squeeze that juice (money) out of the lemon before they put the fruit all in one basket after they've squeezed all the juice out. Aka..They won't merge us in about another year or more..
    Nope, we did have warleaders but their class role has changed to cheerleader.
    Godhelm of Nimrodel | Winner! Maggotmeat has won the match against Thejuggernaut.

Quote Originally Posted by freaker View Post
    Turbine won't merge servers because "merging servers means dead game" they wanna squeeze that juice (money) out of the lemon before they put the fruit all in one basket after they've squeezed all the juice out. Aka..They won't merge us in about another year or more..

if i had to merge something, i would merge Jimi with a frostfell talon

hmmmm

well then jimi couldn't use "oathies" only "sprint" and "keep you in combat when u don't need it" D=
    Elezmera lvl 100 rank 11 mini Arantoth lvl 100 rank 9 champion Sugro lvl 100 rank 7 burg Grinbash lvl 100 rank 8 warg Shapdoom lvl 100 rank 10 reaver Mordul lvl 100 rank 7 spider Ratgrat lvl 100 rank 7 Warleader
    SILVERLODE

THis server would be a great place for u all to xfer too.

This server is dominated by freeps untill the creeps run and get 4+ healers per grp.

as for 1v1s this server has them occastionally until one or more zerg. but with more participation the zergs will happen less and less. and the creeps will learn to play their class without cds.

Creeps need leadership BAD. most of the servers creeps are followers, meaning that they need someone leading them bc they dont know how to solo. They do have a couple leaders but when they arent on expect a multi grp zergball or hiding in NPCS.

Freeps have some decent players mainly ranging from the korean grp Rhunen Rendir, Arise, Retribution, and Young N Reckless. As was stated by a jealous romeros(LOL) YNR is mainly composed of Xfers. Talk to Araduir if u are interested.

you all should come here both creeps and freeps. This server could be amazing with more small grps ROAMING, not zerging then waiting for freeps to come back!!!!!

PLS KEEP US POSTED!

-Araduir r11 hunter
    -Turtz r9 ba
    -Hopsinz r6 burg
    -Pacers r8 rk
    -Morgothh r8 warg

Unless you like listening to freeps cry about heal stacking or how there's 150 creeps to 5 freeps I would suggest not transferring here.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin91 View Post
    Unless you like listening to freeps cry about heal stacking or how there's 150 creeps to 5 freeps I would suggest not transferring here.
    LOL!
    You of all people should be advocating for MORE freeps to transfer here to feed you rank!
    Because the current freep active population do nothing but faceroll you. hahaha.
    What do you last about 2-3 wipes before you 'cya guys, I have something to do' hahah

Actually...I take that back. Any freep/creep actually wanting to commit to transfer means they know what they are doing.
    If we get too many more freeps that know what they are doing, creeps won't leave Grams. LOL!
    You failing at this game is so hilarious.

Just keep typing. Is about all you're good for.

Quote Originally Posted by Melywen View Post
    LOL!
    You of all people should be advocating for MORE freeps to transfer here to feed you rank!
    Because the current freep active population do nothing but faceroll you. hahaha.
    What do you last about 2-3 wipes before you 'cya guys, I have something to do' hahah

Actually...I take that back. Any freep/creep actually wanting to commit to transfer means they know what they are doing.
    If we get too many more freeps that know what they are doing, creeps won't leave Grams. LOL!
    You failing at this game is so hilarious.

Just keep typing. Is about all you're good for.

You last maybe 2 wipes and then start crying about heal stacking. Can't even play a mini so you go play captain so you can at least get oathies off before you die quicker than a greeny. Get some mits so you can at least act like you know how to play.

The only way to solve this is with a dance-off

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttaker View Post
    The only way to solve this is with a dance-off

Let the games begin....

I think i broke the Silverlode PvMP Forum.....

This is a joke coming from someone who has quit the game 4397 times, is so glad they don't play anymore but yep STILL HERE. Pretty much the only thing that outweighs that negativity of yours is that you are such a poor sport when it comes to pvp. Good luck on another transfer Jimi but especially good luck to the people that will have to play with you.

Back on topic I would love if everyone transferred to Silverlode but looking at the votes that isn't going to be happening. I seem to remember a similar idea happening a few years back involving Riddermark which didn't work as well as people had hoped as people found the grass really isn't greener on the other side. My concern is that low pvp pop servers will die out now and I mean completely die and that people who can't afford to transfer or who choose not to pay Turbine for the service will leave and go elsewhere.
    Last edited by Arrabell; Sep 04 2014 at 07:47 PM.

I think this whole mass server transfer thing is a total joke. If people have been around long enough they may remember it was actually done before and ended up failing. If you really are all about renown / infamy then go to the zerg on Brandy. Otherwise don't waist your money and stick it out. I promise you most people will regret transferring.

Tigger
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000002f5c/signature.png]Bambam[/charsig]

If I heard right windfola has the most votes. Lol, why windfola? E is just as dead as any other server except brandy but has updates servers, the smart ones would transfer there

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin91 View Post
    If I heard right windfola has the most votes. Lol, why windfola? E is just as dead as any other server except brandy but has updates servers, the smart ones would transfer there
    With all the dead moors being so... dead... there's really not much left to differentiate one server from another, at this point. Unless maybe you play actively on all 15 NA servers... I certainly don't. So why not Windfola? Ultimately it will come down to either Windfola, Crick, or Nimrodel at this point (first round is over - re-vote goes to final 3) and people will investigate a bit further but, at-a-glance, I don't think they're a bad choice. Their PvP forum actually gets posts, there appears to be people there taking a leadership role in keeping their moors alive, their population in the moors seems slightly above average amongst the dying servers, they seem friendly, and they don't seem to be creep or freep dominated atm - which is good as our group is fairly evenly split. Other similar pop servers were either a bit creep dominated, freep dominated, or were ruled out solely because a large enough portion of the transfer group was transferring from there.

E, while seemingly equally dead, is a bit of a wildcard. I see reasons why it would have been a good choice, and reasons why it wouldn't - but ultimately it got ruled out by a significant portion of the group stating they would back out if E was chosen. I won't go into details, but they had legitimate concerns.

If you really are all about renown / infamy then go to the zerg on Brandy. Otherwise don't waist your money and stick it out. I promise you most people will regret transferring.
    I couldn't care less about renown/infamy. I want fights, and I want fights where I have to play my class well - not by mindlessly following the target assist and waiting 5s for a skill to go off or the game to make sense of someone's buff line, or where my group won/lost primarily because the other side showed up with more/less numbers.

I'd love to stick it out on my home server but theres nothing there to fight... its either transfer, quit, or just stick to the glorious endgame PvE they've presented us with. Ultimately, I still enjoy aspects of this game, I decided not to quit, and its gonna cost me a couple bucks to transfer the only char I play at this point. The stakes aren't exactly high here... why not give this a shot?
    Last edited by harman097; Sep 04 2014 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam21 View Post
    I think this whole mass server transfer thing is a total joke. If people have been around long enough they may remember it was actually done before and ended up failing. If you really are all about renown / infamy then go to the zerg on Brandy. Otherwise don't waist your money and stick it out. I promise you most people will regret transferring.

Tigger
    This was tried before while servers were actually 'active' and all it led to was the creation of the zerg on the server where there was already a very active Moors.

The Moor's on Silverlode and all other small servers is now dead...completely...and utterly.....everybody is flocked to Brandy because it's the last outpost of action. It has it all atm. 24/7 1vs1 farming circles, ganks, zergs, solid small group fights....sure freeps have the disadvantage and requires constant guerilla warfare. Sure its almost a constant GV camp 'mostly' if you took a 4 man away from heal tagging GV you would find the same amount of small group freeps running around trying not to get mapped in on. You can log on ANY hour of the day and find some sort of action. Whether it's your cup of tea is up to you. We usually just run around with a fellowship of Slode creeps to corpse jump those terrible NEC posers.....but you can join the raid, you can sit at GV. You can get flanked at two fingers......freeps finally get good numbers and decide to smash up the whole map before creeps get organized....

1vs1's, small groups, zergs, people calling out a duo in HH, red map, blue map.....

Care all about infamy/renown? No.
    Care all about actual challenge? Sure.
    Care about actual action? Sure.
    The servers are dead, at least there is action somewhere. We are just trying to spread it out a little.

And at least there is communication between the pvpers. There is literally NOTHING to do in this game......and there won't be except for garbage essence grinds and new 10 quest daily zones until end of year....the moors is the endgame for most. So mineaswell come together for a common goal.

Maybe it'll just turn into another Brandy? Sure.
    Maybe it'll turn into half of what the Brandy lagfest is? Sure.
    Maybe it'll be the most fun, and most excitement we've seen in last 6 months? Sure.
    Maybe that fun and excitement will only last a week before everybody decides the grass is greener on the server the mass transfers are going to? Sure.

At this point I don't care.
    At. Least. There. Is. Action.

Oh yah and we better do this quick. Archeage drops on the 16th.

Want a challenge so you transfer a creep to a creep dominated server , your logic sir is unfathomable.

Oh yah and we better do this quick. Archeage drops on the 16th.
    NOOOO. I say sell your beautiful accounts, get the mula, delete lotro from your memory, pay my future college funds with that money, and play SWTOR!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast