We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A Mass Transfer to YOUR Server?

A lot of servers are dying out - especially in the Moors. Many people want action, but don't want the constant RvR and lag associated with Brandywine. I'm trying to organize those who enjoy small group PvP into picking an alternative mass transfer location, in the hopes of creating a mid-high population moors with a retained focus on small group action. I've set an arbitrary minimum of 50 people committed to transferring a character - certainly not enough to serve as a decent moors population in itself, but enough to hopefully get things started. It looks like we'll hit that number relatively soon, and now we need to get some information on what server might be the best choice as a small-group, Brandywine alternative.

I'm curious about the state of your server. Answers to any of these questions would be much appreciated!

1) What is the current state of your PvP? Freep dominated? Creep dominated? Flipper dominated?
    2) What is your creep population like? Are there quality tribes? Are there a decent amount of high ranked creeps left playing?
    3) What is your freep population like? PvP kins? High ranked freeps?
    4) Do you currently have Raid v Raid at peak hours?
    5) Would a mass transfer of PvP'ers be welcomed or shunned?
    6) How is your 1v1 scene here? Is it frowned upon with lots of 1v1 gankers and OOC hate? Or are there a decent amount who enjoy it?

Thanks!

If you're interested in joining in, please /sign here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...fer-Discussion or contact me via PM.
    Last edited by harman097; Aug 20 2014 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harman097 View Post
    1) What is the current state of your PvP? Freep dominated? Creep dominated? Flipper dominated?
    2) What is your creep population like? Are there quality tribes? Are there a decent amount of high ranked creeps left playing?
    6) How is your 1v1 scene here? Is it frowned upon with lots of 1v1 gankers and OOC hate? Or are there a decent amount who enjoy it?
    1) I would say more Freep, even though it's completely empty out there. But I often hear Freeps saying they would go out if there were creeps.
    2) Little to no creeps at all.
    3) Little to no freeps also.
    4) No
    5) If a mass came of let's say 75% creeps and 25% freeps that would be incredibly welcomed.
    6) Most people don't care. It was never big here to begin with.

I want to say come to Firefoot, but you would honestly be wasting your time if you come here to Freep. Now, if you brought or rolled some Creeps here I think the action would pick back up. Firefoot was always a good, small PvP server. I personally would love to see it happen again.

PM me if you have questions.

EDIT: Spoke to some of our players who transfered to BW and a few said they would come back if the action picked up.
    [B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#999999][SIZE=1]Revelations Kin of Firefoot[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#3366ff]
    R9 Captain | R9 Champ | R9 LM[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#800000]R9 Reaver | R8 Warg[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

1) What is the current state of your PvP? Action is dead right now, i know alot of creep players that are playing on their freep doing PVE. The reason they are doing PVE cause its the same freeps everynight
    2) What is your creep population like? quality tribes, high ranks, no one playing
    3) What is your freep population like? one kin maybe that does pvp regularly
    4) Do you currently have Raid v Raid at peak hours? no action, this server has had good action in its history though, but its been awhile.
    5) Would a mass transfer of PvP'ers be welcomed or shunned? welcomed, would probably start playing my creep again
    6) How is your 1v1 scene here? Never respected 1v1's, find a quiet place or get ran over

A lot of servers are dying out - especially in the Moors. Many people want action, but don't want the constant RvR and lag associated with Brandywine. I'm trying to organize those who enjoy small group PvP into picking an alternative mass transfer location, in the hopes of creating a mid-high population moors with a retained focus on small group action. I've set an arbitrary minimum of 50 people committed to transferring a character - certainly not enough to serve as a decent moors population in itself, but enough to hopefully get things started. It looks like we'll hit that number relatively soon, and now we need to get some information on what server might be the best choice as a small-group, Brandywine alternative.

I'm curious about the state of your server. Answers to any of these questions would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

If you're interested in joining in, please /sign here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...fer-Discussion or contact me via PM.
    1) Dead.
    2) Dead. No. Nope.
    3) Dead. No. Not anymore
    4) Heck no, never had one.
    5) Waste of time to even consider this server.
    6) That's the only way people get rank here, they have to make a creep and farm a freep. Or Make a freep and farm a creep, 1v1.

Stay clear of FailFoot. Everyone has already left this server and the few remaining are not worth the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Linnier View Post
    1) Dead.
    2) Dead. No. Nope.
    3) Dead. No. Not anymore
    6) That's the only way people get rank here, they have to make a creep and farm a freep. Or Make a freep and farm a creep, 1v1.

Stay clear of FailFoot. Everyone has already left this server and the few remaining are not worth the time.
    Why do people waste their time posting ignorant garbage like this. Not productive in any factor... more so spurred by apathy and faux-elitism.

I have been on this server for 7 years and PvPed for much of it. I have watched as freeps and creeps both come and go. Currently, this server is dead... and with attitudes like Linnier, I absolutely understand why: individuals like Linnier ruin the chances of birthing or rebirthing anything. This server has unfortunately ALWAYS been populated by ignorant attitudes like that. What both freep and creep side lack is a few raid leaders, willing to move battles and understand the concept of how to have fun in the moors.

Raid vs Raid use to be awesome on Firefoot. Generally fights were 12-20 freeps vs 10-20 creeps, with numerous stragglers around the map (most floating around EC nonsense). Rarely would full raids of 24 happen as general elitists would ensure that it was essentially lots of small groups over huge raids. Those elitists are gone now, so the platform would not be the same.
    Coming to FF you would see a ragged group of players on both sides... all wanting fun, but all too 'new' to understand how to moors (yes, just because you're high rank does not make you a veteran or any good). I think Firefoot would be a brilliant server to come to and change as it has potential for moorsing, just no drive for it. You could be that push that this server needs.

I would personally assist in reorganizing a decent freep format, if there was a group like yourself, who came over here and tried to keep the map red and have a good time playing.

If you have any questions, go ahead and PM me.

- Necrolagniatic

Quote Originally Posted by Linnier View Post
    1) Dead.
    2) Dead. No. Nope.
    3) Dead. No. Not anymore

When I was here 6-7 years ago we had 4 Freep raids vs 6 Creep raids almost every night until AOC went live and everyone went there. FF server died any nerver really recovered . So at one point FF was a good pvmp server.

master corpse jumper of the Ettenmoors.
    ramsters- king of all minstrels

Quote Originally Posted by Neocentric View Post
    Why do people waste their time posting ignorant garbage like this. Not productive in any factor... more so spurred by apathy and faux-elitism.

I have been on this server for 7 years and PvPed for much of it. I have watched as freeps and creeps both come and go. Currently, this server is dead... and with attitudes like Linnier, I absolutely understand why: individuals like Linnier ruin the chances of birthing or rebirthing anything. This server has unfortunately ALWAYS been populated by ignorant attitudes like that. What both freep and creep side lack is a few raid leaders, willing to move battles and understand the concept of how to have fun in the moors.

Raid vs Raid use to be awesome on Firefoot. Generally fights were 12-20 freeps vs 10-20 creeps, with numerous stragglers around the map (most floating around EC nonsense). Rarely would full raids of 24 happen as general elitists would ensure that it was essentially lots of small groups over huge raids. Those elitists are gone now, so the platform would not be the same.
    Coming to FF you would see a ragged group of players on both sides... all wanting fun, but all too 'new' to understand how to moors (yes, just because you're high rank does not make you a veteran or any good). I think Firefoot would be a brilliant server to come to and change as it has potential for moorsing, just no drive for it. You could be that push that this server needs.

I would personally assist in reorganizing a decent freep format, if there was a group like yourself, who came over here and tried to keep the map red and have a good time playing.

If you have any questions, go ahead and PM me.

- Necrolagniatic
    He is not asking about nostalgic events he is asking about the current state. The truth to that is this server is probably if not the very worst server in the game. Ya, I started here in 2007 and back then it was a decent server. Now? Now it is just pure and simple garbage, littered with trolls and nothing else.

I moved all but one of my characters off this server a few months ago at the expense of 250$ and have never been happier. I will try to keep anyone from wasting their money to move TO this server when everyone should be moving AWAY from it.

OP, stay away from this server; if you want to see the current state of it just log in anonymously one day and check out the chat channels. It's all you need to see to make up your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter111 View Post
    When I was here 6-7 years ago we had 4 Freep raids vs 6 Creep raids almost every night until AOC went live and everyone went there. FF server died and nerver really recovered . So at one point FF was a good pvmp server.
    Not only was it is good PvP server, it had some of the best PvE players in game.

Despite what Turbine says this game is headed toward server mergers. There is no way Firefoot will survive that. Moving to this server is just going to cost you money with no result. If Turbine doesn't merge servers they'll just be sinking themselves faster because of the added cost of maintenance of many low population servers. This game could easily be condensed down to 5-6 severs in total (EU and US). Currently there's 21 servers (really Turbine?!) of which about three have a decent population. Even after the merger they'd still have some of them with relatively low populations.
    Last edited by doug01; Aug 27 2014 at 09:34 AM.
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

the linnier guy is just nekronius/lathronius/melthius, A.K.A that upset guy, who like the twisted, skinny librarian bookworm from school, hated everyone because his kin was terribad, tried trolling world chat and subsquently he got trolled massively for being so garbage.

Necro and Doug already addressed my view, I am just replying to let you all know that Linnier or w.e his name is, is clearly just upset and holds a grudge for the server that rekt him and made him so mad.

A summary, you shouldn't let Linnier's bias twist your view. Go for it, son.
    Last edited by BemSigVind; Aug 27 2014 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BemSigVind View Post
    the linnier guy is just nekronius/lathronius/melthius, A.K.A that upset guy, who like the twisted, skinny librarian bookworm from school, hated everyone because his kin was terribad, tried trolling world chat and subsquently he got trolled massively for being so garbage.

Necro and Doug already addressed my view, I am just replying to let you all know that Linnier or w.e his name is, is clearly just upset and holds a grudge for the server that rekt him and made him so mad.

Makes sense. The guy is an absolute moron. He posts in world chat almost everyday about false garbage coming or not coming in future updates. Thanks for clearing up who that is Sig.

- Necro

Quote Originally Posted by doug01 View Post
    Not only was it is good PvP server, it had some of the best PvE players in game.

Despite what Turbine says this game is headed toward server mergers. There is no way Firefoot will survive that. Moving to this server is just going to cost you money with no result. If Turbine doesn't merge servers they'll just be sinking themselves faster because of the added cost of maintenance of many low population servers. This game could easily be condensed down to 5-6 severs in total (EU and US). Currently there's 21 servers (really Turbine?!) of which about three have a decent population. Even after the merger they'd still have some of them with relatively low populations.

what they should do is make a pvmp sever where all servers can port there and pvp together and after we leave pvmp we go back to our home server. it wont happened but it would be great :P.....and by pvmp server i mean the whole world as a pvmp sever not just the moors.

master corpse jumper of the Ettenmoors.
    ramsters- king of all minstrels

Not sure who you think I am, or wish me to be but it sounds to me like you have some personal issues. The only character I have left on Failfoot is a level 55 crafter, his name is not any of the ones you say I am. Also, You do know it is against the TOS to post player names on the forums, right? No worries, I reported your post you will know soon enough.

I find it quite amusing you are accusing people of being me. You just can't get me off your mind, huh? You have literally trolled/accused "Linnier" of being me in three of his posts, now that's funny.

Some people just have nothing better to do than fail at being a troll. Failmir, you do it right!

Thanks!

Sorry for all the troll filled comments, as you can see this server is littered with them. To address your question though I can offer some insight, maybe it helps; maybe it doesn't.

1) Current stat of the PVP on this server is severely lacking. Is it dead? Not yet, but it is quite close. We have lost a lot of players to server changes and other MMOs currently out on the market.

2) I have not played my monster in quite some time, but last I checked we only had a handful of tribes and very few left are higher ranked. Most of the quality players have been gone a while.

3) The gondor update has brought back a lot of older players. Players I have not seen in many years. We actually have a decent population going on at the moment, not great by no means but better than in the past. We have a few higher ranked freeps returning so I look for them to maybe start PVMP'ing again.

4) This one I am not sure on but the last time I seen a decent sized raid in the moors over here was back in the Isen expansion. It has been lacking ever since. I could be wrong but I am almost 90% positive we have not had a raid in the moors in a good long while.

5) I would say it would be welcomed for sure. This server could use a breath of life, and you guys might be the final piece to the puzzle. Could very well save this servers PVMP if you guys could handle the move. I know it's not very affordable to move and most people like being very active if they do move. I am not sure this is the place for you but it might be. I would suggest you and your friends maybe make some Monsters, log in the world/glff on some freeps and set up a time to do a trial run in the moors? See if we actually have enough people left to even participate in such an event.

6) Once again, I am not 100% certain but I remember 1v1 was never really frowned upon here. We all use to do it and seemed to have some good people show up that would let you fight. Every now and then you would get a ganker show up but they never stayed and camped you.

Like I said, I would give us a trial run. Make some monsters, try to set up a day/night where you can all sign on. Give us all a heads up a few days in advance for some moors activity and see how it goes. No harm in that and you & your friends would not waste money to move into a place you didn't love.

Cheers,

Pele

RIP in peace#godbless
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LD7IP4v.jpg[/IMG]

Currently Redemption is one of the only moors raiding kins left. Myself I rarely get into the BS of World chat or glff. But last night was different. I got in World chat and poked at those folks that are on all day spewing the usual smack talk. I must have touched a few nerves as all of a sudden our moors was alive with both Freeps and creeps. Not the action of days past but at least about a raid of Creeps and about 10 Freeps. Mind you the Freeps mostly consisted of Redemption and at least 4 Redemption members on Creeps. I must say it was some of the best action I've seen in quite some time. If you folks were to come you would be most welcome. We in Redemption would gladly swap to Creep to accomadate the Freeps and give you the action we all seek. We have also agreed that GTA from here on will be a spar zone for those who wish for such action. So if any of this interests you feel free to contact me on Nymp and we'll see what we can arrange for your group to join us here on Firefoot. Thanks in advance for your considerations of possibly joining us.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001b4a57/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Skulkins Lumpytoad Dirkens

[URL]http://redemptionff.guildlaunch.com/[/URL]

Was glad I had a chance to speak with you earlier on my lil reaver. As many have stated it would be awesome to have a fresh infusion of folks here whether it be freep or creep. Any night of the week I can toss together a group of freeps or creeps just let me know and it will be done.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001b4a57/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Skulkins Lumpytoad Dirkens

[URL]http://redemptionff.guildlaunch.com/[/URL]

#anotherupsetxferscrub

could someone do me the pleasure of letting me know where this mass transfer is heading to?

I'm looking for decent pvp too and brandywine is utter garbage :c

thanks in advance

could someone do me the pleasure of letting me know where this mass transfer is heading to?

I'm looking for decent pvp too and brandywine is utter garbage :c

thanks in advance

The Numbers
    Creeps: 25 Freeps: 27 Either: 10 Unknown: 3

The Vote

Windfola : 10
    Nimrodel : 5
    Crickhollow : 2
    Imladris : 2
    Arkenstone : 1
    Dwarrowdelf : 1
    Gladden : 1
    Meneldor : 1
    Riddermark : 1
    Firefoot : 0
    Vilya : 0
    Landroval : -2
    Silverlode : -2
    Elendilmir : -7

Number of People Who Have Voted: 35

We are all more than likely moving to Windfola. Sorry, but firefoot does not have the population or player respect we are looking for. A few of us have logged in and seen the chat take place here, and it is a shame really how rude people are.

Keep in mind the top 3 will go to a re-vote, too, so people can check them all out a bit better. I'll gladly send you a PM and update this thread when the vote finishes

Right now it will sit there and wait until 40 people cast their votes.
    Turwe-1, Crickhollow ~ Alakra, Meneldor ~ Snuke, Meneldor ~ Suge-1, Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by xinofie View Post
    The Numbers
    Creeps: 25 Freeps: 27 Either: 10 Unknown: 3

The Vote

Windfola : 10
    Nimrodel : 5
    Crickhollow : 2
    Imladris : 2
    Arkenstone : 1
    Dwarrowdelf : 1
    Gladden : 1
    Meneldor : 1
    Riddermark : 1
    Firefoot : 0
    Vilya : 0
    Landroval : -2
    Silverlode : -2
    Elendilmir : -7

Number of People Who Have Voted: 35

We are all more than likely moving to Windfola. Sorry, but firefoot does not have the population or player respect we are looking for. A few of us have logged in and seen the chat take place here, and it is a shame really how rude people are.
    I wish you the best of luck.

I can tell you this, I'm about 99% sure what ever effort you make to move people to a PvP enhanced server will ultimately fail. It always does.

Ill list why.

1) The VAST majority of PvP player do not like to die, in fact they see it as a weakness and an indication of either "unbalance" or poor game performance. They rarely consider that they just might not be as good as they think. For PvP to be a "success" BOTH sides must be dying on a regular basis.

2) By nature, people take it way to seriously and any effort to coordinate between the players (which is REQUIRED) will ultimately fail due to either players, again, not wanting to die or other players not being included.

3) Rage.

4) Egos

5) Macros

6) Multiboxers

7) Zergers

8) Gankers

9) No way to fight on even numbers consistently

10) Players ultimately like points, regardless of what they say. I'd venture to guess that of the 40 or so players that have offered to transfer less than 5 of them regularly let greenies or low rank players go unmolested. Easy points is easy points.

I give whatever server you go to about 2-4 weeks before it implodes under the excessing QQ'ing that WILL happen. Just look at what happen to Riddermark in the first 4-6 months of its existence. In the end, due to the direction this game is headed the only servers you will find consistent PvP through out the day are high population servers. Sure, that PvP will range in quality (zerging, soloing, to small groups), but you will find good fun PvP in the mix.
    Last edited by doug01; Sep 03 2014 at 12:11 PM.

I wish you the best of luck.

I can tell you this, I'm about 99% sure what ever effort you make to move people to a PvP enhanced server will ultimately fail. It always does.

Ill list why.

1) The VAST majority of PvP player do not like to die, in fact they see it as a weakness and an indication of either "unbalance" or poor game performance. They rarely consider that they just might not be as good as they think. For PvP to be a "success" BOTH sides must be dying on a regular basis.

2) By nature, people take it way to seriously and any effort to coordinate between the players (which is REQUIRED) will ultimately fail due to either players, again, not wanting to die or other players not being included.

3) Rage.

4) Egos

5) Macros

6) Multiboxers

7) Zergers

8) Gankers

9) No way to fight on even numbers consistently

10) Players ultimately like points, regardless of what they say. I'd venture to guess that of the 40 or so players that have offered to transfer less than 5 of them regularly let greenies or low rank players go unmolested. Easy points is easy points.

I give whatever server you go to about 2-4 weeks before it implodes under the excessing QQ'ing that WILL happen. Just look at what happen to Riddermark in the first 4-6 months of its existence. In the end, due to the direction this game is headed the only servers you will find consistent PvP through out the day are high population servers. Sure, that PvP will range in quality (zerging, soloing, to small groups), but you will find good fun PvP in the mix.
    As someone who took part in a 25+ person transfer to a PvP enhanced server (Elendilmir at the time), I completely disagree with every point on this list. The only thing you may come across is the lack of having long time friends and faces beyond your circle, and the possibility of some becoming inactive, which in the end is what killed us.

Nevertheless, enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Neocentric View Post
    As someone who took part in a 25+ person transfer to a PvP enhanced server (Elendilmir at the time), I completely disagree with every point on this list. The only thing you may come across is the lack of having long time friends and faces beyond your circle, and the possibility of some becoming inactive, which in the end is what killed us.

Nevertheless, enjoy.
    Elendilmir has always had a strong PvP population. 25 people transferring into 100s isn't going to change much. What you saw at the time was how Elendilmir was, that's it. And yes, I played on El for a bit, as well as Silverlode when they had a large number of transfers. I also played on Ridder for months. It has always been the same story.

50+ people transferring to a server that might have a 100 (probably less) current PvPers is going to make a HUGE impact. Enough that the attitude of those transfer players will change the current server drastically. I'll bet the attitude and play style brought by those transfers wont "improve" the PvP.

Either way, 3 months from now most of those transfers will be back to their home servers or some other server....Just like you and I

EDIT: The worst enemy to PvP is its players, the players make PvP what it is not the server. Do you really think that players that were involved in terrible PvP on their home server when condensed onto another server will improve PvP on that server?
    Last edited by doug01; Sep 04 2014 at 11:38 AM.

The worst enemy to PvP is its players, the players make PvP what it is not the server.
    I would +rep you if I could (can I?) FF was and will be the best "server" ever. That time has past. I won't play every day but, I lvl'd a freep to lvl 10 so it may entertain.. The truth be told Small group servers can never work because peoples ego's get in the way. Those people who probably just want an instanced 6v6. If this game ever got instanced 6v6's matches they could downsize to one or four open world servers. Unless of course wb just wants to collect. As they have obtained do in part as to online.. trade..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast