We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A Mass Transfer to YOUR Server?

A lot of servers are dying out - especially in the Moors. Many people want action, but don't want the constant RvR and lag associated with Brandywine. I'm trying to organize those who enjoy small group PvP into picking an alternative mass transfer location, in the hopes of creating a mid-high population moors with a retained focus on small group action. I've set an arbitrary minimum of 50 people committed to transferring a character - certainly not enough to serve as a decent moors population in itself, but enough to hopefully get things started. It looks like we'll hit that number relatively soon, and now we need to get some information on what server might be the best choice as a small-group, Brandywine alternative.

I'm curious about the state of your server. Answers to any of these questions would be much appreciated!

1) What is the current state of your PvP? Freep dominated? Creep dominated? Flipper dominated?
    2) What is your creep population like? Are there quality tribes? Are there a decent amount of high ranked creeps left playing?
    3) What is your freep population like? PvP kins? High ranked freeps?
    4) Do you currently have Raid v Raid at peak hours?
    5) Would a mass transfer of PvP'ers be welcomed or shunned?
    6) How is your 1v1 scene here? Is it frowned upon with lots of 1v1 gankers and OOC hate? Or are there a decent amount who enjoy it?

Thanks!

If you're interested in joining in, please /sign here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...fer-Discussion or contact me via PM.
    Last edited by harman097; Aug 20 2014 at 05:08 PM.

First off I will go ahead and say, that I'll try not to give the - there's potential/it could be good - nonsense, because I've had fun on all servers I've played on and I've also hated something on each of them at some point. Trying to be objective, but obviously also would love to see Crickhollow become more alive again.

1)During update 13 I would say the population was roughly 70% creeps 30% freeps during most hours, but the "domination" factors around what ranks/players/alts are out. Currently I would say it's about even and it's pretty empty on both sides. About 2 weeks ago I remember there being round 6-10 people on either side at GG and maybe someone saying a small grp is taking Lug or whatnot, but that was the biggest number I had seen in a while on Crick.

2)If a quality tribe is one that has few higher ranked members that consistently creep and have good teamwork I would be mean enough to say - currently NO. There would be one or two main creep tribes that could fit this description and their members have said - if Crick action picks up they'll play more than once every now and then - but that doesn't seem to be happening, thus lack of something that would be an active quality tribe.

If a quality tribe is a big one, that takes in anyone and anything full of numbers the answer would again be no. After RoR there really weren't many bigger tribes and players mostly had smaller tribes with people they liked the most.
    About ranks, I know there are creeps that are decently ranked 9-14, but not much action results in people not being on too long most days.

3)There are maybe 2 kinships I would call PvP kins, they are small and consist of people who've played together for quite a while, but due to lack of action not all members are on as frequently anymore as they used to.
    About ranks, there are some ranked freeps, but I would say that rank doesn't matter either way. As far as player quality, I would say there's several people who I consider quite good at their class, but there are more casual people around as well (the reason why crickhollow wasn't hit nearly as hard after u11 was released when compared to say, Elendilmir, that started going comatose slowly, sadly this is also an obstacle in increasing interest in the ettenmoors from Crick natives that haven't done it)

4)I have not seen RvR in a long time, I could be wrong (talking about even 15 v 15, not to mention more, that happened maybe 4 times during u13)

5)I think overall people are always welcome as long as they don't behave ridiculously outrageous, while Crick has had its fair share of trolls and weird people, it (like most med-smaller servers) has an easy going population, though the loudest members usually are the ones who probably shouldn't talk much at all.

6)At a 1v1 circle in 4 years I think I've been ganked maybe 10 times? (tbh I can't remember even 5, but just trying not to sound ridiculous here) I know there are people who either misunderstand something and then someone who thinks he was ganked gets ganked and this creates a circle of the 1st mis-hit target or whatever possibly being stressed out, but ganking doesn't seem to be a part of the culture, we've tried to cultivate 1v1s with fairplay as much as possible, while still realising that it's also the people factor, though if someone uses way too much a sting or two may show in OOC.

P.S. (mostly about 1v1) you can get an idea of how things have been on crick over the past 2 years in my videos in signature, though I haven't recorded group play since end of RoI as frapsing takes up performance and a lot of disk space, thus the frapsed group fights are usually some ridiculously lucky moment or whatnot. ./end_shameless_plug

Either way, I hope your plan works out and I would love if this thread had updates regarding decisions being reached.

I also realise my PoV differs from a lot of other people and hope someone else also has other things to say with maybe more insight. Cheers.

1) What is the current state of your PvP? Freep dominated? Creep dominated? Flipper dominated? Mostly Empty dominated. Typically more creeps than Freeps when action does arise.
    2) What is your creep population like? Are there quality tribes? Are there a decent amount of high ranked creeps left playing? Some decent Creeps left. As far as Tribes not rally. Bedlam has good players but usually nothing to group for so mostly 1v1.
    3) What is your freep population like? PvP kins? High ranked freeps? Nifroth above has the only real PvP kin left that I know of. Plenty of High Ranked Freeps.
    4) Do you currently have Raid v Raid at peak hours? No.
    5) Would a mass transfer of PvP'ers be welcomed or shunned? Depends on the attitudes of the transfers? Most people here are pretty friendly. Everyone really just wants action.
    6) How is your 1v1 scene here? Is it frowned upon with lots of 1v1 gankers and OOC hate? Or are there a decent amount who enjoy it? There are only 1 or 2 gankers here. and I rarely see them.

1) What is the current state of your PvP? Freep dominated? Creep dominated? Flipper dominated? Creep numbers atm until freeps finnish grinding new gear.
    2) What is your creep population like? Are there quality tribes? Are there a decent amount of high ranked creeps left playing? they would play if freeps came. Alot are lvling freeps until action picks up or when the essence grind etc finnishes, very kind people.
    3) What is your freep population like? PvP kins? High ranked freeps? needs more freeps, needs more leaders, needs more grouping up with no elitism
    4) Do you currently have Raid v Raid at peak hours? Had a RVR on Friday night. about 10v12 but normally 6mans, sometimes even a couple of em.
    5) Would a mass transfer of PvP'ers be welcomed or shunned? welcomed of course as long as no elitists, or people that log after 1 wipe, then you are welcome.
    6) How is your 1v1 scene here? Is it frowned upon with lots of 1v1 gankers and OOC hate? Or are there a decent amount who enjoy it? some of us frown upon it when theres enough for group v group and nothing happens. No gankers that i've seen but overall theres quite alot of 1v1s.
    Last edited by Hayden102; Aug 24 2014 at 04:39 AM.

I'll jump right into your questions (although slightly out of order):

1) Crickhollow PvP is in rough shape right now. Creeps outnumber freeps, but not by much. Numbers are fairly even, but those numbers are just so low on both sides. As someone who exclusively creeps, it's easy to blame freeps for not being out/gearing up for what seems to be an eternity as a result of the update. However, it's a cyclical problem where players on both sides will log in, see no action, and log out. As a result action has been depressingly low.

2) As an officer of a creep tribe I'll recuse myself from speaking to the quality of any tribes on the server. I can say that there are a handful of high ranked creeps, and many players have multiple toons to bounce back and forth on depending on the situation.

3) The freep population is sparse to say the least. There are a small handful of players who make their way out to the moors regularly, maybe 10 people total. They are rarely, if ever, grouped in anything more than a duo or trio.

4) We do not have Raid v Raid at peak hours, and quite frankly, I cannot remember the last time I've seen an organized 6 man. I could be wrong, or perhaps I've just had bad luck, but feels as though it has been months since I've seen even a 12v12.

6. The 1v1 scene on Crick, while obviously lacking in players, has always been fantastic. As mentioned by others in this thread, in my 3+ years on this server I do not recall ganking in 1v1 circles ever being a serious issue. Aside from a few clowns, most folks respect the 1v1's here. In addition, you will find a healthy group of individuals on both sides who really enjoy 1v1's seeing as how that has been the primary source of action for the last few months. Most players know how to play their class, and will self nerf to keep 1v1's competitive when necessary.

5) I cannot speak for others on the server, but I would strongly welcome a large transfer. From everything I've read it does not seem like a server merge will be happening anytime soon (or ever), but many smaller servers are in dire need of it.

I would like to see this transfer happen, and I hope you decide to come to Crickhollow. Regardless of what server you end up deciding on, I will be very interested to know how it goes. And who knows, maybe even just having this conversation will spark more action on both sides.

I wish you luck, and I hope to see you in the moors soon!
    Last edited by Frankfurd; Aug 21 2014 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankfurd View Post
    Aside from a few clowns, most folks respect the 1v1's here.
    I see what you did there you sly dog.

To be completely honest with you, I suspect that you won't get anyone willing to transfer to a different server from Crickhollow. I am also on the fence about whether or not people would be welcome here. To be honest with you, players here, especially the new ones, are used to small numbers. This server is a small, tight-knit community where everyone knows everyone. If fifty new people suddenly appeared in the Moors on Crick, it would be a huge culture shock. We're just not used to big numbers.

Just as Thorfinn said that this is an easygoing server, if these 50 new people are elitists or huge loudmouths, they'll have a hard time fitting in.

Just my two cents worth.

Quote Originally Posted by themannweb View Post
    To be completely honest with you, I suspect that you won't get anyone willing to transfer to a different server from Crickhollow. I am also on the fence about whether or not people would be welcome here. To be honest with you, players here, especially the new ones, are used to small numbers. This server is a small, tight-knit community where everyone knows everyone. If fifty new people suddenly appeared in the Moors on Crick, it would be a huge culture shock. We're just not used to big numbers.

Just as Thorfinn said that this is an easygoing server, if these 50 new people are elitists or huge loudmouths, they'll have a hard time fitting in.

Just my two cents worth.

Agree. Crickhollow is like one of those friendly, charming vacation spots that you tear down the exit signs for so that people won't find them.

(Um... nvm. I never did that. I made that up.)

As long as it's not 50 people transferring to play just one side I think this would be very welcome. It wouldn't even need to be an even split down the middle. The people that still pvp on this server like the small, relatively lag free size of it but it has gotten too small. We have a good community (what's left of it) but not enough people for constant action. I would love nothing more than to see y'all transfer here. Everyone else has basically given you an idea of the server so I'm just here to say this... Roll a greenie creep or start a new freep and just ask some questions. I doubt anyone would turn you away. I'd love to see y'all come to our server.

Quote Originally Posted by harman097 View Post
    A lot of servers are dying out - especially in the Moors. Many people want action, but don't want the constant RvR and lag associated with Brandywine. I'm trying to organize those who enjoy small group PvP into picking an alternative mass transfer location, in the hopes of creating a mid-high population moors with a retained focus on small group action. I've set an arbitrary minimum of 50 people committed to transferring a character - certainly not enough to serve as a decent moors population in itself, but enough to hopefully get things started. It looks like we'll hit that number relatively soon, and now we need to get some information on what server might be the best choice as a small-group, Brandywine alternative.

I'm curious about the state of your server. Answers to any of these questions would be much appreciated!

1) What is the current state of your PvP? Freep dominated? Creep dominated? Flipper dominated?
    2) What is your creep population like? Are there quality tribes? Are there a decent amount of high ranked creeps left playing?
    3) What is your freep population like? PvP kins? High ranked freeps?
    4) Do you currently have Raid v Raid at peak hours?
    5) Would a mass transfer of PvP'ers be welcomed or shunned?
    6) How is your 1v1 scene here? Is it frowned upon with lots of 1v1 gankers and OOC hate? Or are there a decent amount who enjoy it?

Thanks!

If you're interested in joining in, please /sign here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...fer-Discussion or contact me via PM.

Well this worked wellLOLOLOLOLOLOL

though i did hear theres alot of crickets on crickhollow(pvp)

What killed Crick was:

1. Lack of Creep leadership and decent group leading
    2. Terrible freep leadership/hugging bd/camp grams.

Freeps played terrible and creeps just didn't show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylence View Post
    What killed Crick was:

I think there were a lot of issues that contributed to the downfall of Crick. Too many people playing on both sides etc. Part of the lack of leadership on creepside is what caused the fight to never move. Whenever I was out, I tried moving the fight or pushing something and often times no one would show up and I'd see 10 people sitting at grams. Sometimes it felt like people WANTED to be camped out there because it was easy. Hell, I see alot of that same thing on Brandywine in larger scale. I think people in general are either moving on from the game as well. I think most of us knew this wouldn't be a permanent solution.

WTB update that makes creeps powerful again.
    Amestoplease, Rk
    Ambusher, Warg

Quote Originally Posted by Sylence View Post
    What killed Crick was:

1. You dont need to use your other acct people know who you are
    2. You say terrible freeps yet creeps also wouldnt leave grams so terrible creeps too
    3. you hardly played on any of your toons including your secret/none secret warg(which you only 1v1d with the majority of time) so coming out here and there and seeing lugz bd or grams camping doesnt dictate all the time

Id say honestly its a bunch of things

1. Population died(transferred,quit,other) biggest problem
    2. to many 1v1s
    3. grams camping freeps fault
    4. grams camping creeps fault for not leaving
    5. creeps not using maps(with the except of a few groups) and taking stuff to move the fight
    6. freeps not roaming(not all but alot) looking for creeps outside of grams
    7. Both sides only grouping with the clicks and not others
    8. the entire Map is boring now

lastly just the pvp set up in general with pvper spending more time against delving buffs, OP wars, keep flipping insteading of pvp

Thanks to all the transfers it was fun while it lasted rip lotro

Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    1. You dont need to use your other acct people know who you are
    2. You say terrible freeps yet creeps also wouldnt leave grams so terrible creeps too
    3. you hardly played on any of your toons including your secret/none secret warg(which you only 1v1d with the majority of time) so coming out here and there and seeing lugz bd or grams camping doesnt dictate all the time

Id say honestly its a bunch of things

1. Population died(transferred,quit,other) biggest problem
    2. to many 1v1s
    3. grams camping freeps fault
    4. grams camping creeps fault for not leaving
    5. creeps not using maps(with the except of a few groups) and taking stuff to move the fight
    6. freeps not roaming(not all but alot) looking for creeps outside of grams
    7. Both sides only grouping with the clicks and not others
    8. the entire Map is boring now

lastly just the pvp set up in general with pvper spending more time against delving buffs, OP wars, keep flipping insteading of pvp
    1.Dumb combat pace.
    2.Lack of any sort of content, even stuff such as central Gondor having a big gap between whatever it is we're getting next.
    3.Most people somehow managing to be bad.
    4.Lack of a creep tribe that approaches any new player and inability of making new groups instead of whining about not being in a group they may or may not have seen before.
    and a lot of other stuff I am probably forgetting right now

Quote Originally Posted by Nifroth View Post
    1.Dumb combat pace.
    2.Lack of any sort of content, even stuff such as central Gondor having a big gap between whatever it is we're getting next.
    3.Most people somehow managing to be bad.
    4.Lack of a creep tribe that approaches any new player and inability of making new groups instead of whining about not being in a group they may or may not have seen before.
    and a lot of other stuff I am probably forgetting right now
    Number 4 is a big problem and totally agree with

Part of the reason I transferred off was because of the either Lugz/BD shuffle or 1v1s which was getting boring. I 1v1 quite often on Brandy but I usually find good action in the 6v6s, or 12 man groups our kin runs. I also find rank 6 and up creeps solo quite often on Brandy which is another reason I enjoy it there.

Also I spent the majority of my time 1v1ing the SAME people (On Crick), hardly anyone new which grew tiresome. Not to say that I didn't enjoy them, but I felt like moving to Brandy would offer me a wider variety of people/playstyles which would help me get better.

I would agree with the various posts here though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanelthan View Post
    Part of the reason I transferred off was because of the either Lugz/BD shuffle or 1v1s which was getting boring. I 1v1 quite often on Brandy but I usually find good action in the 6v6s, or 12 man groups our kin runs. I also find rank 6 and up creeps solo quite often on Brandy which is another reason I enjoy it there.

Also I spent the majority of my time 1v1ing the SAME people (On Crick), hardly anyone new which grew tiresome. Not to say that I didn't enjoy them, but I felt like moving to Brandy would offer me a wider variety of people/playstyles which would help me get better.

I would agree with the various posts here though.
    Meanwhile there are hardly any people that are worth 1v1ing on brandy and the soloers usually are such low ranks that it feels bad even thinking about attacking them, but of course it's possible to find fights.

It's close to impossible to actually get satisfying fights on freepside these days I find.

afaik bw is the king of bd shuffles

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden102 View Post
    afaik bw is the king of bd shuffles
    Now if we could get a FD shuffle i might log on

Quote Originally Posted by Nifroth View Post
    Meanwhile there are hardly any people that are worth 1v1ing on brandy and the soloers usually are such low ranks that it feels bad even thinking about attacking them, but of course it's possible to find fights.

It's close to impossible to actually get satisfying fights on freepside these days I find.
    There is truth to this, but I usually find pretty decent fights throughout the day. It's usually high ranked reavers or 2-3 wargs and I usually lose but meh. I get better.
    Also, To add to it there are far more opportunities to run PvE Content that you need groups for, Better "Economy" (Cheaper Prices on Various items or MORE of them to buy)

As for the 1v1s. There is truth to that as well, but In my time here (I'm someone who will 1v1 anyone atleast once) The majority of the people that I fight are usually pretty fair. There are a few that will use everything, Trait a certain way to make themselves unkillable but for the most part there are quite a few decent freeps and creeps here. And really that fits the same description of Crickhollow. There are good and bad everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanelthan View Post
    There is truth to this, but I usually find pretty decent fights throughout the day. It's usually high ranked reavers or 2-3 wargs and I usually lose but meh. I get better.
    Also, To add to it there are far more opportunities to run PvE Content that you need groups for, Better "Economy" (Cheaper Prices on Various items or MORE of them to buy)

As for the 1v1s. There is truth to that as well, but In my time here (I'm someone who will 1v1 anyone atleast once) The majority of the people that I fight are usually pretty fair. There are a few that will use everything, Trait a certain way to make themselves unkillable but for the most part there are quite a few decent freeps and creeps here. And really that fits the same description of Crickhollow. There are good and bad everywhere.
    Well since im not there its a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    Well this worked wellLOLOLOLOLOLOL

though i did hear theres alot of crickets on crickhollow(pvp)
    Was worth a try, eh? :P

For my playstyle, it didn't work out as well as I'd hoped, but I had a lot of fun here initially and I feel I got my money's worth. Hopefully some others do, too. It was never going to be a permanent fix - this game is beyond that - so it was kind of a pick your poison type thing. A lower pop server like here where eventually numbers would dwindle - or a higher pop server like Gladden or Landy where we'd probly just have created Brandy 2.0. But perhaps, in hindsight, maybe that would have been the better choice? Hard to say. Maybe I should have just shut my mouth and transferred to Brandy with everybody else. :P

Personally, I had to quit because I don't have the time (and for me, I've learned that I'm either playing this game intensely or not at all). I'll be back at some point, though - probably on reav for the new pvp map. My time freepside in this game is probably done until Mordor. Anyways, best of luck Crick - sorry to hear that numbers are dwindling

Quote Originally Posted by harman097 View Post
    Was worth a try, eh? :P

For my playstyle, it didn't work out as well as I'd hoped, but I had a lot of fun here initially and I feel I got my money's worth. Hopefully some others do, too. It was never going to be a permanent fix - this game is beyond that - so it was kind of a pick your poison type thing. A lower pop server like here where eventually numbers would dwindle - or a higher pop server like Gladden or Landy where we'd probly just have created Brandy 2.0. But perhaps, in hindsight, maybe that would have been the better choice? Hard to say. Maybe I should have just shut my mouth and transferred to Brandy with everybody else. :P

Personally, I had to quit because I don't have the time (and for me, I've learned that I'm either playing this game intensely or not at all). I'll be back at some point, though - probably on reav for the new pvp map. My time freepside in this game is probably done until Mordor. Anyways, best of luck Crick - sorry to hear that numbers are dwindling
    Im just giving you #### and it was worth the try and i commend you for the efforts put into it. Now going to Brandy ugh it so laggy its silly and if turbine would stop allowing transfers to servers like that well you'd have other servers being better for it.

I can honestly say the creeps on this server are far better then the ones on meneldor and im not talking skill im just talking friendly and their personalities.

Really good creep community overall