We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What happened to Meneldor PvMP?

Surely, I can't be the only one frustrated by the current state of PvMP on this server. The past week had some of the lowest renowned gains in months. I couldn't find a lower overall renowned week on Surugi Stats (http://surugi.com/lotrostats/activeLeaderboard.php). My friends, kinmates and fellow freeps are finding little to no fun pvping on this server anymore and are consequently not coming to the moors at all. What is going on out there that is creating such a terrible pvp environment?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000227023/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Re: What happened to Meneldor PvMP?

Slowly after MoM came out people started moving to other servers but mainly brandy and elendilmir. I still think we could restore pvpif we stopped hiding in our keeps and using ranged hit and run tactics.
    Last edited by BuffetRaider; Nov 21 2010 at 11:09 AM. Reason: [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040100000f1436/signature.png]Deathder[/charsig]

there are too many people refusing to group up. they want solo play and max renown/infamy. kills the community.
    Leader of Knights of GhOst-Meneldor
    Hideout sig for Josiewales the Outlaw R6
    Caspian R11/Fluffhead R8/Shockey R8/Yamar R7/Freepkilla R8/Freepbiter R7
    I feel I never told you the story of the GHOST!

Im gonna go ahead and chalk this one up to Rogmar.

Seriously, think about this with me.

If Rogmar is not pulling in 20k Days like he did that one time what happens to our server?

Blame it.

Feels to me like everyone is rolling minis or RKs which just makes it not fun for me. At least thats my reasoning for not wanting to play. I'm 19k from rank 10 and can't even muster the desire to get it because creepside has not been much fun lately.
    Amestoplease, Rk
    Ambusher, Warg

Hey the only toon I ever bring out is my guard and you're more then welcome to make a run at him Ambusher.

Tell you what bring shahla along and we'll have ourselves a little threesome.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000070dbb/01003/signature.png]Daedraug[/charsig]

[B][I]"[/I]It's not sense to try and get into Mordor at all.[I]"[/I]-Smeagol[/B]

Meneldor Pvp is a lot like food and nutrition. It's important to have variety in both aspects. Often times, people like to eat the same thing just because it tastes good. Now sure it's not a crime to eat things that taste good from time to time. But like I mentioned before, it's important to incorporate variety in your diet, for the betterment of health and nutrition.

Much like food and nutrition, Meneldor players will often times play the same class and do the same old shuffles. And by itself it's not a problem. But on a higher scale of population, it becomes a problem. Lately there's been too many Rks, LMs, Minis and hunters, doing what they do best (from a minimal safe distance of 40m). Making it extremely hard for melee classes to get a taste of the action.

Call me a QQer, Idgaf, but I'm just saying and suggesting what's blatantly obvious.

rk range fails btw, not nearly as far as hunters/bas/loremasters. most of the rks will get right up in your face. and when they do, remember they are glass cannons. they are not unbeatable unless they have a pocket cappy :P
    Leader of Knights of GhOst-Meneldor
    Hideout sig for Josiewales the Outlaw R6
    Caspian R11/Fluffhead R8/Shockey R8/Yamar R7/Freepkilla R8/Freepbiter R7
    I feel I never told you the story of the GHOST!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedichef420 View Post
    rk range fails btw, not nearly as far as hunters/bas/loremasters. most of the rks will get right up in your face. and when they do, remember they are glass cannons. they are not unbeatable unless they have a pocket cappy :P
    If the cannon can kill you with 3-4 hits, what does it matter that it is made of glass?

But RK DPS isn't the only reason I don't spend as much time in the 'Moors lately. It is more a combination of all the old things plus the new server line bug. And it really isn't even the bug itself so much as Turbine's apparent lack of effort toward fixing such a major problem.
    Last edited by Greylocke; Nov 23 2010 at 07:22 PM.
    [i]As a soldier of the Dark Fist, my goal is not to avoid Death,
    but to bring you one step closer to his door.[/i]
    [b]~Meneldor~ [/b]
    [b]Bloodeater[/b] - Reaver, [b]Bloodclaw[/b] - Warg

Quote Originally Posted by Greylocke View Post
    But RK DPS isn't the only reason I don't spend as time in the 'Moors lately. It is more a combination of all the old things plus the new server line bug. And it really isn't even the bug itself so much as Turbine's apparent lack of effort toward fixing such a major problem.
    I think that is one of the major issues effecting pvmp lately. The server lag in combination with the lag/invalid lines can cause many frustrating moments. Over the past two months I have had to leave the Moors for several days out of inability to use my class skills properly, due to severe server lag, or attack creeps who dance invisible invincibility lines. I expect mmos to have issues every now and then, especially with the release of new software or hardware. The lack of effort by Turbine to address a MAJOR flaw in their service is disturbing and probably leading to new players being turned off by the moors experience, or older players becoming irritated by their inability to play.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000227023/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Fathealbotto View Post
    The lack of effort by Turbine to address a MAJOR flaw in their service is disturbing
    This, in my opinion, is a breach of contract which would result in the refunding of our money. They provide a service, break it, and we get no compensation for it. Way to go Turbine, great business you have here.
    Sunnydski - Landroval (Formerly Meneldor)

Aside from the server lines and lag, its really simple, Freeps

All freeps play are tactiacl/ranged, always sit in front of a keep, never step out unless numbers are present or npc are near for backup, but then again, who would when creeps constantly run into you feeding you infamy. Maybe they finally realized its boring, its pointless running back and being graybared and burnt down in 2 seconds. Everyone always complains that creeps dont group up, but the times they have grouped up, or skullz gets all them dots out there, freeps flee back, turtle, and once a few deaths occur, its time to log.

Finally for the grand finale, yes, this can be said for creeps too, however, the only time freeps push anything is with a superior force, ive yet to see an equal number on both sides and have freep do something. Anyways.. at the end of the day this is all pointless and will do absolutely nothing. I know that i run myself into 4 freeps trying to kill one as I get kited, once dead, I map back, and charge in there again hoping ill burn that same person down since he/she didnt have sufficient time to regenerate. Sadly enough, Ill take those two deaths and most likely not succeed. To this day, Ive yet to see a freep do something like that, better yet, Ive yet to see a freep die and come back to try fighting again. More QQ

IMO, and this is because I play creep alot more than freep, but I really consider freeps to be cowards who log asap if its not going their way, yet creep that get farmed still stick around and just keep taking it. So sad, but so true...
    HIGHCHIEFTAINNAZGRUL
    CHIEFWARRIORPEGASIS
    COMMANDERMARIUSS

To me the server lines have ruined pvp. It is unbearable to play in an area that is the definition of broken. Couple that with people who use them to their advantage and just lack of ability of having fights in key areas makes it painful. Hopefully things will come around with the changes, but time will tell See you out there soon

~Aterju
    Kozzmo *Invictus* R13 RK
    Novafett *Soldiers of the White Hand* R11 WL
    Aterju *Soldiers of the White Hand* R9 Weaver

The answer is fairly simple.

A little while after my transfer, Meneldorian freeps realized that it just isn't safe to be out in the 'moors while Adieu is out and about.

When they know I'm on, freeps either don't come out, or they make a massive map rolling group.

Simple really, no need for any further discussion.
    Last edited by The_Watchman; Nov 29 2010 at 02:03 AM.
    [font=broadway][color=orange]Dank Nasty and Proud of It Betch[/font][/color]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320d0100001caee1/signature.png]Nonconsensual[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Mariuss View Post

All freeps play are tactiacl/ranged, always sit in front of a keep, never step out unless numbers are present or npc are near for backup, but then again, who would when creeps constantly run into you feeding you infamy. Maybe they finally realized its boring, its pointless running back and being graybared and burnt down in 2 seconds. Everyone always complains that creeps dont group up, but the times they have grouped up, or skullz gets all them dots out there, freeps flee back, turtle, and once a few deaths occur, its time to log.

Finally for the grand finale, yes, this can be said for creeps too, however, the only time freeps push anything is with a superior force, ive yet to see an equal number on both sides and have freep do something. Anyways.. at the end of the day this is all pointless and will do absolutely nothing. I know that i run myself into 4 freeps trying to kill one as I get kited, once dead, I map back, and charge in there again hoping ill burn that same person down since he/she didnt have sufficient time to regenerate. Sadly enough, Ill take those two deaths and most likely not succeed. To this day, Ive yet to see a freep do something like that, better yet, Ive yet to see a freep die and come back to try fighting again. More QQ

IMO, and this is because I play creep alot more than freep, but I really consider freeps to be cowards who log asap if its not going their way, yet creep that get farmed still stick around and just keep taking it. So sad, but so true...
    Ive came back and fought you after i died , think about it and you'll remember

Quote Originally Posted by germonge View Post

The problem with that is......

I don't have easy transport maps to get me right back to the fight. Most of the time I either avoid going back to the zerg, deal with rez campers, or go camp the opposing force at their own rez.

I don't have a CC immune run buff to get at the little zerg baby hiding amongst all his friends.

Creeps have far more healers, grouped or not, healing them than the nuke tastic freepside healers.

I can't DS a target at low health.

For me it was the lack of grouping. Or more like the paranoid "I dont' want to group with you because I don't know you, you are not rank XX, and I think you are informing the freeps of what we are doing." attitude that turns me off. Come on man! This isn't a football game. It's all hit and run tactics. Does either side really find themselves in the dark when it comes to figuring out what each side is doing? Grow up and have fun for a change. Take some of those new creeps out in a group and show them what it's all about. Don't sit there and cry in creep chat about newbs. You were a newb once too. Man up and show people how to dish it out. As for Freeps?? Get your lazy cowardly butts outside of the forts and mix it up!!! You act like dying is the end all be all of your gaming life. Who cares if you get your butt handed to you 5 times in a row. It's about having fun and that rush of killing someone even when you yourself are way outnumbered. My poor spider has been squished so many times I stopped counting, but I still run my 8 legged butt back to get some. And when my warden is high enough level you will hear me yelling and charging into any Bloody Maggot I can find!!

Yes, but you have to understand, when I say this or things of similar nature.. It does not mean every single freep that ever played lotro.
    HIGHCHIEFTAINNAZGRUL
    CHIEFWARRIORPEGASIS
    COMMANDERMARIUSS

6 Waterbank Road, Menellant, Falathlorn, Meneldor

Quote Originally Posted by Greylocke View Post
    If the cannon can kill you with 3-4 hits, what does it matter that it is made of glass?

But RK DPS isn't the only reason I don't spend as much time in the 'Moors lately. It is more a combination of all the old things plus the new server line bug. And it really isn't even the bug itself so much as Turbine's apparent lack of effort toward fixing such a major problem.
    kill them in 2-3 and you wont have to worry about the 3&4.

Quote Originally Posted by Fathealbotto View Post
    I think that is one of the major issues effecting pvmp lately. The server lag in combination with the lag/invalid lines can cause many frustrating moments. Over the past two months I have had to leave the Moors for several days out of inability to use my class skills properly, due to severe server lag, or attack creeps who dance invisible invincibility lines. I expect mmos to have issues every now and then, especially with the release of new software or hardware. The lack of effort by Turbine to address a MAJOR flaw in their service is disturbing and probably leading to new players being turned off by the moors experience, or older players becoming irritated by their inability to play.
    I HATE the server lines making things untargetable. They did not used to be that way, put it back as it was Turbine, if/when you find the root of the change.

and to the OP. its cause I havent been playing as much, of course.
    [CENTER]Whitestar Rangers : Meneldor : 7
    Four Horse men of the aPUGalypse : Landroval : 6
    And First of All, [B]Badfinn[/B] : Meneldor : One of the Few Remaining Male Weavers.[/CENTER]

^ im sorry nazgrul, you cant generalize so much. the ultimate problem is that people are afraid to die. if you are able to get in some kills and then escape, so be it. but if you know you can kill at least one of opponent and still not go in for the kill cause you think you'll die...well that's stupid.
    Tambaz warden of Meneldor

The biggest issue with Meneldor PvP right now is truly a two-fold one.

First, there's rarely any Creep organization anymore. Creep OOC is so rife with flippers/spies/whatever you wish to call them that most of the Creeps no longer use it for anything other than banter.

Second, there's a distinct lack of ranked Creeps playing here on a regular basis. I could start a "Meneldor's MIA Creeps" thread and have it a page long within a few minutes. In fact, I can list half a dozen Tribes which have pretty much quit this game. Now, that's not testimony as to how poor Meneldor PvP is but rather a testimony as to how this game's PvP needs a near complete revamp (particularly on the Creep side of things).

Hint: Stop feeding Creeps more PvE/potions Turbine... and flesh out their skill sets already.

LotRO PvP is like a diamond in the rough... but a blood diamond at that... to wit:

I blame elmo for failing so hard
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000021a93/signature.png]Maxpowers[/charsig]
    Chocolatemilk Rank 4 Warleader Meneldor
    Largedog Rank 3 Warg Meneldor

Quote Originally Posted by Mariuss View Post

evidentally you haven't met my guard yinslat. I'm always charging out because it disgusts me that champs and other guards sit behind the stone pillars at west/south bridge waiting for a greenie to wnder by. all i do is pop guardian's pledge and charge( with or without the actual skill) and hope that i kill something before i die.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040100000f1436/signature.png]Clutchofdarkness[/charsig]

Time is nothing but life's sunset, enjoy it while it lasts.

I die all the time... and I'm terrified of it. Worst thing to happen ever is to try to hips and run all the time and you STILL die because you're such a fail player. Hm, maybe THIS is why most of the elite freep players almost never group with me, because I suck so badly... Oh well I guess I'll just continue to solo and stealth hit the HEALERS in the BACK to distract them for a bit so MAYBE all the range players can get a kill or two.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000001149da/01003/signature.png]Dexteron[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Kuriakin View Post
    For me it was the lack of grouping. Or more like the paranoid "I dont' want to group with you because I don't know you, you are not rank XX, and I think you are informing the freeps of what we are doing." attitude that turns me off. Come on man! This isn't a football game. It's all hit and run tactics. Does either side really find themselves in the dark when it comes to figuring out what each side is doing? Grow up and have fun for a change. Take some of those new creeps out in a group and show them what it's all about. Don't sit there and cry in creep chat about newbs. You were a newb once too. Man up and show people how to dish it out. As for Freeps?? Get your lazy cowardly butts outside of the forts and mix it up!!! You act like dying is the end all be all of your gaming life. Who cares if you get your butt handed to you 5 times in a row. It's about having fun and that rush of killing someone even when you yourself are way outnumbered. My poor spider has been squished so many times I stopped counting, but I still run my 8 legged butt back to get some. And when my warden is high enough level you will hear me yelling and charging into any Bloody Maggot I can find!!

I don't have any issues with grouping with any of said "newbs," until they try and do something stupid and wipe a raid....then I seem to be the one with enough gumption to say, hey guys that was stupid...next time listen to the raid leader....and then I get to hear all the "newbs" qq about how mean I am because I don't like playing the stupid idiotic games that have become rampant in the moors lately. I blame the lack of the Vets being out there....those who have played for what now? Forever!? I particularly love the people who are trying to move the fight though....LOVE not being near TA!!!

Love,
    Me
    [FONT=Impact][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000052772/01004/signature.png]Anniebelle[/charsig][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast