We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Vol II Book 8 Chapter 3: A relic in Lumul-Nar (solo)

Having an issue with this instance. I go through and turn all the mirrors get everything going right (I've found a few guides that are easy to follow) and get to the last room to so you can fight Ergoth, and the last light won't open the floor. I see the beams for 3 of the 4 needed, the mirrors for the last one are all going set up properly but the last beam won't light up. There are no defilers or task-mistresses still alive. Is this instance bugged? Looking for input because everything is set up correct and the quest/instance won't proceed.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000020031d/signature.png]Serephun[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by ozoidi View Post
    Having an issue with this instance. I go through and turn all the mirrors get everything going right (I've found a few guides that are easy to follow) and get to the last room to so you can fight Ergoth, and the last light won't open the floor. I see the beams for 3 of the 4 needed, the mirrors for the last one are all going set up properly but the last beam won't light up. There are no defilers or task-mistresses still alive. Is this instance bugged? Looking for input because everything is set up correct and the quest/instance won't proceed.
    If everything is set up correct you are surely able to tell me where the light beam stops, right? If you are not able to do that, then how can you be sure that everything is set up correctly?

The instance works fine. If you don't see the last beam light up, follow it's path to the source. Somewhere there must be an interruption. One of the paths is a bit tricky and gets redirected twice, usually it's the on on the opposite side where people make the mistake.

I've had a bug occur, on my last character to go through Moria when I tried the solo version of the instance.
    Where, even though the mirrors were pointed in the correct direction, the south center mirror just wouldn't reflect light.

I had to exit out, join another instance to reset Lumul-nar. The bug didn't appear the second time I tried it.

just to know, there are more topics opened about this issue on lotro forums. Indeed this instance is bugged sometimes, meaning that after you align the mirrors, 2 things can happen:
    1. the web will not open
    2. the webb WILL open but the boss will not be there.

Just to know, if you ask an friendly GM and you stay in instance, the GM will unlock them for you. Is an know bug and I raported him each time it occured to me and that was many times because with many of my alts I grinded Moria Instances for the goats and I was in need to kill the mobs.
    Andracy - Mns; Andrady - RK; Andrac - Hnt; Andracya - Brg; Gabytza - LM; Anduta - Warden
    Officer of Rangers of Eriador / Snowbourne

The solo instance has several bugs in it.

Turbine doesn't fix them because the 3 man version has no bugs in it.

These bugs have existed for 3+ years now with no fix, so don't expect one

Every few weeks for 3+ years there's been a forum post or two about how bugged the solo version is... *sigh. They should just remove the solo option since it bugs more than half the time, since they seemingly refuse to fix it.
    Last edited by Leixy; Aug 19 2014 at 11:59 AM.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    I've had a bug occur, on my last character to go through Moria when I tried the solo version of the instance.
    Where, even though the mirrors were pointed in the correct direction, the south center mirror just wouldn't reflect light.

I had to exit out, join another instance to reset Lumul-nar. The bug didn't appear the second time I tried it.
    Thank you for this. I had the pattern correct and ended up resetting the instance 3 or 4 more times(about 8 all told) before it finally worked. I'd searched the forums for this issue and didn't find any other posts newer than a couple years old. I'd done this on 3 or 4 other toons and must've been lucky and never had this issue pop up before. Thanks again.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000020031d/signature.png]Serephun[/charsig]

its been years, but i used to run many kin mates through this...

arent there TWO ways to setup the last series of mirrors? i seem to remember one setup never working and having to redo them all. looking at that screen, i can see the other setup.

send the bottom left (SW) light to the west mirror and adjust from there. The top-right (NE) light-source needs to eventually hit the south mirror.

but i have heard there are bugs in the solo version, and i have never run that, so i give you all the benefit of having tried both setup already.

edit: here, i drew a diagram. its not fancy like you kids make, but it should get the job done. keep in mind, my VCR is still flashing 12:00

Last edited by SapienChavez; Aug 22 2014 at 12:38 PM.
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

Quote Originally Posted by SapienChavez View Post
    arent there TWO ways to setup the last series of mirrors?
    Logically, yes. There are two ways to set up the mirrors. But, that's the way I've always aligned the mirrors, and after running the solo version nearly 3 dozen times, I've only experienced this bug once. Though, I have heard others speak of it periodically.

And, the problem was the one mirror simply wouldn't reflect light. It didn't matter from which direction the light was coming from.

fair nuff... again, its been years for me, even if ive run it a dozen times... and ive never run it solo. just throwing something out there to try
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

Quote Originally Posted by SapienChavez View Post
    its been years, but i used to run many kin mates through this...

arent there TWO ways to setup the last series of mirrors? i seem to remember one setup never working and having to redo them all. looking at that screen, i can see the other setup.

send the bottom left (SW) light to the west mirror and adjust from there. The top-right (NE) light-source needs to eventually hit the south mirror.

but i have heard there are bugs in the solo version, and i have never run that, so i give you all the benefit of having tried both setup already.

edit: here, i drew a diagram. its not fancy like you kids make, but it should get the job done. keep in mind, my VCR is still flashing 12:00

I've done this now on 9 or so out of 13 adventurers, and I've never seen the solo version bug. I have seen the 3-man bug. I use the linked guide here: http://sandsonsorganicchickens.wordp...idewalkthough/, which has the mirrors set like your diagram. I wonder if that's the issue.

One thing about the solo version. The Morrevail continue to spawn, Taskmistresses and Defilers. They'll move mirrors and dirty them, so if you're not fast enough, you have to go back and check each one.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Yep, I had that bug as well. I ended up quiting on that epic and finishing it at much higher level, when I could solo the 3 man version.

The reason they probably dont fix the solo is because with their typical fix history, it would end up bugging the group version, I'm sure. Fix one thing, break another...

I completed the solo quest by cheating! I jumped out over on the east side onto a branch underneath and then jumped onto the lower platform. The boss immediately came over to me and I was able to finish her off. Now that's thinking outside the box!

lol. lol. lol. Congrats man!!!
    Now thats what i call 'a great idea'.

Ran into same bug in solo version of quest. Submitted a ticket and in less than an hour +Cygnus came to my rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by zantor View Post
    Ran into same bug in solo version of quest. Submitted a ticket and in less than an hour +Cygnus came to my rescue.
    Solo mode is still bugged. That one stubborn mirror won't activate when put in the right position. Happened to me yesterday (Sunday afternoon).

I submitted a ticket on this and a GM responded within 15 minutes. After reading the ticket, he asked if I was "Ready to fight?" I was. BAMF! ... I'm at the final boss. POW! BANG! Boss is dead (yeah, okay, so I was over-leveled a tad). The GM even stood by (i.e., his character showed up to watch) to make sure everything went smooth.

I realize this is a known bug, and I'd rather they fix it. But I'm grateful for quick, useful responses from the GMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargrimm View Post
    Solo mode is still bugged. That one stubborn mirror won't activate when put in the right position. Happened to me yesterday (Sunday afternoon).

I submitted a ticket on this and a GM responded within 15 minutes. After reading the ticket, he asked if I was "Ready to fight?" I was. BAMF! ... I'm at the final boss. POW! BANG! Boss is dead (yeah, okay, so I was over-leveled a tad). The GM even stood by (i.e., his character showed up to watch) to make sure everything went smooth.

I realize this is a known bug, and I'd rather they fix it. But I'm grateful for quick, useful responses from the GMs.
    I did this one Saturday and had no trouble with it solo. Which mirror orientation did you use? That might be useful for getting the bug fixed.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    I did this one Saturday and had no trouble with it solo. Which mirror orientation did you use? That might be useful for getting the bug fixed.
    I used the same layout shown in HaleElven's August 19 post in this thread. It's the layout I've always used (about a dozen previous times) in solo mode without finding the bug. But next time, I will try the other layout just in case.

The web would not open for me and a friend until the mirrors were aligned AND all the walking mobs (which respawn) were killed. Had to make several passes to keep sweeping up the new merrevail. Just doable with two people.

Quote Originally Posted by Terebinth View Post
    The web would not open for me and a friend until the mirrors were aligned AND all the walking mobs (which respawn) were killed. Had to make several passes to keep sweeping up the new merrevail. Just doable with two people.
    The bug in question only appears in the Solo-version of the quest. So, if you and a friend are attempting this, you're running the 3-man version and are not going to run in with the same problem others have reported in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    The bug in question only appears in the Solo-version of the quest. So, if you and a friend are attempting this, you're running the 3-man version and are not going to run in with the same problem others have reported in this thread.
    I have run the 3-man and did have it bug. The web didn't open to get to the boss. What I don't remember is which mirror orientation we used. The last time I ran it 3man was a couple of years ago.

I've never had the solo one bug, though; but then I used the opposite orientation from the one you have linked to earlier. I've always used the orientation shown by the rough diagram linked earlier, which matched the walkthrough that I linked to above.