We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Eaves of Fangorn - Update 14.1 - Entwood is great!

Thank you so much for the changes you made to the Entwood in Update 14.1.

Significant changes make the experience so much more enjoyable.

1. All 3 seed box quest series can be done every day netting 30 fangorn leaves, or chance at pet/house huorn.
    2. Lower cost for Onodrim recipes.
    3. Barterable Huorn Cosmetic Pets.
    4. Lower cost for Fangorn armour/jewelry/ one-off recipes.
    5. All quests combined net around 10,200 Fangorn Reputation each day. or 20,400 if you use accelerators. At that rate, it will take 12 or so days of dailies to reach kindred without accelerators.
    6. Fangorn leaf bounties. As quest rewards inside the crafting instances and the quieting quest, you get a fangorn leaf bounty that contains a minimum of 3 fangorn leaves, (I have gotten 15 leaves out of one).
    7. Players can now average 60-65 Fangorn leaves each day doing the dailies. After 12 days for kindred, you should have somewhere near 720-800 fangorn leaves. More than enough for 2 cosmetic pets and a few other niceties.
    8. Entwood Farmer recipes now at Expert Farmer NPC and does not require reputation for the Bluebell Fields . (ty Lunasa) Steel Blue Dye recipe is scholar recipe in Entwood.
    Last edited by Leixy; Jul 31 2014 at 08:47 PM.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    you get a fangorn leaf bounty that contains a minimum of 3 fangorn leaves, and maybe 5 or so max.
    I got 6 yesterday, and I'm now curious how high they go

Totally agree, this is a great improvement!

One more small but nice change:

Farmer recipes for Bluebell fields and crops are gone from the Fangorn Barterers completely. You can now buy them from any farmer.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtari - Rune Keeper / Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Merlotta - CHP 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

"You have acquired: [15 Fangorn Leaves]."

Out of a crafting instance bundle. minimum 3 leaf.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

I am not seeing the Steel Blue Dye recipe at any expert farmhand or even expert scholar NPCs. Can anyone confirm a specific one that has them? I did see the bluebell fields.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterGreen View Post
    I am not seeing the Steel Blue Dye recipe at any expert farmhand or even expert scholar NPCs. Can anyone confirm a specific one that has them? I did see the bluebell fields.
    Steel Blue Dye (non-guild) recipe is still Ally with Fangorn barter

The changes are indeed good and i may now get to Kindred without hurting someone

One thing though, and i hope im not just being dense, but is there any travel "out" of derndingle?

As far as i see it (without bartering any rep based travels), i have to swift travel to Isengard, then ride across the ford to the tree and port across to derndingle, but i cannot find a travel back out apart from riding south and into the Westemnet, or my using a travel to get back to DA/Bree etc.

Am i missing something simple?
    Eadreid Champion 105 || Eadrun Loremaster 105 || Gillorin Guardian 105

Quote Originally Posted by Eadreid View Post
    The changes are indeed good and i may now get to Kindred without hurting someone

One thing though, and i hope im not just being dense, but is there any travel "out" of derndingle?

As far as i see it (without bartering any rep based travels), i have to swift travel to Isengard, then ride across the ford to the tree and port across to derndingle, but i cannot find a travel back out apart from riding south and into the Westemnet, or my using a travel to get back to DA/Bree etc.

Am i missing something simple?

Use the huorn to port back out to Isengard (go back to where you ported in).

Quote Originally Posted by Scirocco View Post
    Use the huorn to port back out to Isengard (go back to where you ported in).
    Sigh, ran past that loads of times and never even spotted it

Cheers bud
    Eadreid Champion 105 || Eadrun Loremaster 105 || Gillorin Guardian 105

I had to stop doing those quests because the leaves weren't stacking. Now I have a bunch of leaves taking up inventory that was "precious" to begin with. Ugh!
    [B]Airgoidhwen of the Dale[/B], Captain
    [B]Aoalmiorn, Son of Wulfgeat[/B], Lore-master, steed - Felarófgeld
    [B]Erynir of Lorien[/B], Warden

Quote Originally Posted by ETSubmariner View Post
    I had to stop doing those quests because the leaves weren't stacking. Now I have a bunch of leaves taking up inventory that was "precious" to begin with. Ugh!
    The upgraded wallet is, imho, the best purchase in the in-game store.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Quote Originally Posted by ETSubmariner View Post
    Make sure you're actually talking about the bartering leaves, and not the new quest rewards. The new quest rewards are actually boxes that contain leaves (and these boxes indeed don't stack), so open them, and you should get regular bartering leaves, which should either go into your premium wallet, or stack in your bags (I have premium wallet, so unsure to how many these would stack).