We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    Hm... well I can't say one way or the other what you did, but I am in doubt. To already know so much about the attitude of an entire server's population after (at most) a few days is unlikely. This just seems a last poke at everyone else in a roundabout way to insult them because they disagree with you. :/
    Personally I don't give a **** about whether they disagree with me or not since it is obvious from the replies to this thread that most automatically decided my attitude had to be the only problem and they had to point it out and defend everyone elses rights and point out how I was at fault. It hardly makes me care about their opinions when that is their attitude!

I have been on the new server for 4 days and played there for 27 hours (since I am disabled and housebound gaming is my only social activity). In that time I have talked to dozens of other players and been very active in world chat which is actually worth participating in, unlike my previous server where backbiting, trollish behaviour and generaly unsavoury conversations were the norm. It didn't take long to see how different the servers are, it is as easy to see as the difference between black and white.

Congratulations in learning that different servers have different atmospheres.

I am sorry to learn that you still have not learned that this has nothing to do with whether you have been stepped on and more to do with the fact that you chose to play in an open world game in which open tapping has completely changed the atmosphere of the entire game, not just one server or another. You must realize that whenever the developers decide to make a fundamental change to a game, things change. This is one of them.

The nice thing about it is the developers have also chosen to give us all the choice between doing our deeds in the landscape, where open tapping might come between you and finishing the deeds, or using training dummies, in skirmishes, in raids, instances, and more. You also have the choice to look at the deeds for the area and look at the available mobs in the area and instead of hitting the mobs that are required for those slayer deeds, you can decide to hit mobs that there isn't a slayer deed for. There are plenty of them all over the place.

Instead of doing this, you chose to qq about it on the suggestion forum and change servers because it was everyone else who was at fault, and you, yourself, had nothing to do with it, or so you (the only side we have to this story) told us. Remember, there are always three sides to every story: Your side, Their side, and the Truth. Neither side will have complete elements of the Truth, however neither side will ever be completely wrong. Yes, you do have a point that it is not always right for people to run up and kill a mob that someone else is working on, but neither is throwing a tantrum about it and calling everyone who does it griefers. Not everyone who helps out with a kill is griefing you or being rude and you CHOOSE not to accept that. You CHOOSE not to take any advice, saying you don't want to do that (whatever is suggested).

I'll put here, though, that I personally took the advice of going to GV in the moors to use the training dummy for class deeds on both my LM and RK. My RK had two class deeds left at level 82. She finished one of those two in a little more than an hour, with more than 200 uses of the skill left to do before starting that day. Yes, I used a skill deed accelerator. I also used one on the LM, who is level 40. In 90 minutes, I finished SEVEN skill deeds, including some that I didn't think would work using the training dummy (the skill that pulls power from the mob works on the training dummy, nice, eh? lol).

I'll be taking my burg out to do the same thing later tonight if I can get back on. I'll let you know how it goes.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070100001968dc/signature.png]Mathilanakh[/charsig]

~Main characters~ Arkenstone: Sansanor, 100 Hunter; Mathilanakh, R11 Warg

Quote Originally Posted by Wof View Post
    Personally I don't [care] whether they disagree with me or not since it is obvious from the replies to this thread that most automatically decided my attitude had to be the only problem and they had to point it out and defend everyone elses rights and point out how I was at fault. It hardly makes me care about their opinions when that is their attitude!

I have been on the new server for 4 days and played there for 27 hours (since I am disabled and housebound gaming is my only social activity). In that time I have talked to dozens of other players and been very active in world chat which is actually worth participating in, unlike my previous server where backbiting, trollish behaviour and generaly unsavoury conversations were the norm. It didn't take long to see how different the servers are, it is as easy to see as the difference between black and white.
    I'd like to think that all of the servers have a nice attitude. If I live under that assumption, I'm guessing you met some like-minded people then. Good for you. I think I'll stay right where I am. I'm sure Landroval has its own rotten apples, but for the most part we are a fair bunch.

I will add, though, that backbiting, trollish behavior and generally unsavoury conversations seem pretty universal and have absolutely nothing to do with the conversation at hand. A conversation in some chat channel (probably /glff or /world) has nothing to do with whether people "help out" while you do class deeds.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

I will add, though, that backbiting, trollish behavior and generally unsavoury conversations seem pretty universal and have absolutely nothing to do with the conversation at hand. A conversation in some chat channel (probably /glff or /world) has nothing to do with whether people "help out" while you do class deeds.
    BUt it is pretty much what I have been putting up with for the last few months and not just in chat, but in the attitudes of certain players. I wish all servers were sweetness and light, but the reality is that some players play with the same attitude that they display in the chat channels. All I can say is Im glad that I moved and have an enjoyable gaming experience again. Although it's a shame that I had to abandon my house, my 8 characters and all the cosmetics I have bought and collected in the last 6 years. Maybe one day I can afford to transfer them, but it's unlikely. Still better poor and happy than rich and miserable (in the game world).

BUt it is pretty much what I have been putting up with for the last few months and not just in chat, but in the attitudes of certain players. I wish all servers were sweetness and light, but the reality is that some players play with the same attitude that they display in the chat channels. All I can say is Im glad that I moved and have an enjoyable gaming experience again. Although it's a shame that I had to abandon my house, my 8 characters and all the cosmetics I have bought and collected in the last 6 years. Maybe one day I can afford to transfer them, but it's unlikely. Still better poor and happy than rich and miserable (in the game world).
    That's why I play with /glff and /world sequestered in their own chat channel and I almost never visit them. And if certain players on your former server are misbehaving, report them and /ignore them. And if they try to persist around that, report them again for harassment. Your new server, whichever one it is, will have its trolls (they all do), and you may be subject to them, so in that regard nothing will change. The only thing that is different now is that you have a clean slate and can start filtering out what you don't want right from the get-go (as I did with /glff and /world).

That's why I play with /glff and /world sequestered in their own chat channel and I almost never visit them. And if certain players on your former server are misbehaving, report them and /ignore them. And if they try to persist around that, report them again for harassment. Your new server, whichever one it is, will have its trolls (they all do), and you may be subject to them, so in that regard nothing will change. The only thing that is different now is that you have a clean slate and can start filtering out what you don't want right from the get-go (as I did with /glff and /world).
    You try reporting anyone for harassment since open tapping! You get told exactly what certain posters on this thread said. There is no such thing as harassment anymore it seems. Never mind, I'm happier on my new server than I have been for months.

You try reporting anyone for harassment since open tapping! You get told exactly what certain posters on this thread said. There is no such thing as harassment anymore it seems. Never mind, I'm happier on my new server than I have been for months.
    You keep using that word.... I do not think it means what you think it means.

Open tapping means tapping your mob isn't harassment. It doesn't mean there's no such thing as harassment. It just means your definition is different than most people's.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

As Beanie said. Killing your mob (maybe even a few times) is not harassing you. It only becomes harassment when you purposely go somewhere else and the same person literally follows (stalks) you and continues to kill "your" mobs.

So what, if I'm on a lowbie in the same area as you, I should wait while you take your sweet time and chew through mobs that I need?

Eh.... I'd rather just tap what you're fighting, help you kill it, and move on. I don't have the free time I used to, and I'd rather get my quests done, than wait on someone to faff about with the mobs.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Quote Originally Posted by Lancair View Post
    LoL Ethrildar, are you a lawyer, a lobbyist or both?
    Hahah! Unfortunately neither, although taking the Lawyer route might be an interesting and lucrative career change Sadly, I don't think "Lotro forums troll-basher" is a particularly good addition to my résumé.

On a totally unrelated topic, the fact that this thread's original poster is still sticking to his guns demands both respect, and the term "pig-headed".

Quoting from memory: "Thank you all for your assumptions that I am the one with the problem and nobody else" - Wof, 2014.

Sadly, my dear Wof, when 50-60 people disagree with your point of view, and nobody agrees with it, generally you're the one with the incorrect opinion. Now, don't get me wrong, technically everyone's opinion is correct because we're all entitled to one, but that still doesn't make yours right, or more important than anothers, and yes, you are asked to hide away in skirmishes since it's you who has the problem with everybody else and thusly, rather than make the masses change their playstyle, choices, or infringe on what they might consider fun (or simply efficient to get the job (deeding) done), it's the minorities that must suffer. As is life, my friend. As is life.

Time to retire from this thread until I should find it again in a few days, and many more laughs will be had, no doubt.

P.S. To the person who flopped and mapped out on the AFK tagging cappy, LOL and props to you for that. Good effort! (:

EDIT: Everyone who replied with a differing opinion to Wof in this thread is also banned for harrassment, free forum infractions for all, weheyy!! *-*
    Absolution

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4