We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 85
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,344
    Just looking at this from a flip side for a minute, and here is something that is actually annoying.

    While doing a warband run in Gondor recently on my minstrel, I came to one and there was a captain waiting in the wings. I just ploughed straight into the warband as there was no evidence to suggest he wanted to try it alone. I noticed though as soon as I made the first strike, he joined in (expected with warbands), but then he rode up onto a ridge and went afk. A clear case of a one hit tap in. I didn't read into it too much, figured maybe he got called away mid battle or something, and I continued the warband alone. I rode up to him after, but he was still "apparently" AFK - however, he was there, because he got the item advancement animation when he opened the reward box.

    So off I rode to the next one in the area, and sure enough, there he was again, just sitting slightly out of range on his horse - AFK.

    I went in, and the same thing happened again.

    I found this pretty hilarious for a while, but by warband number 5 I had got bored with it. So when he tapped in then went away a bit and went afk, I switched to single targetting the boss only. It took ages, but it left all the adds up - which I promptly ran over to the cappie before flopping and mapping out. Corugwen's adds are pretty tough for a melee. I hope he enjoyed the challenge.

    So there is - accepting help, and there is - taking advantage of help - on the flip side of this issue.
    Apes are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Wof View Post
    Obviously not room for me then since I have to be the one to move over for them huh?
    Well, what's so different to you moving over? You want everyone else to move over for you. Does that not work for you when the shoe is on the other foot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wof View Post
    Screw it, my kin was right when they said the game has become more selfish and antisocial since open tapping because it encourages the "I am entitled" attitude and encourages players to just butt in without a by-your leave!. Guess I will just go and start from scratch on the emptiest server I can find. The only reason I haven't already is I can't afford to transfer and didn't want to lose all my stuff but even losing 6 years worth of cosmetics is worth it to be able to play in peace again. And there are a load of my kin that have already moved to empty servers for exactly the same reasons. Maybe with luck I can find one where the players still have good manners!
    I'm sorry that you feel that way. But to expect others to move over, is much the same as others expecting you to move over. It's give and take. Like stated earlier, by myself and others, there are ways for you to get your class deeds done, that doesn't involve inconveniencing other players. Just because you choose not to use them, does not make others selfish, it just makes you stubborn. You cannot own a public landscape, but you can, own a private encounter. Other players need the public areas to complete their quests and whatnot, and if we get 40 burgs saying "Get lost" to them, they will never be able to finish anything. Or maybe you presumed that given that function, you would be the only one using it? One burg (or any class using landscape to do class skills and wanting a mob to themselves) wouldn't be an issue, 20 of them certainly would.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Aug 18 2014 at 12:19 PM.
    Apes are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    So there is - accepting help, and there is - taking advantage of help - on the flip side of this issue.
    ROTFL!!!! That is so hilarious Arnenna! Serves that lame captain right! *wipes away the tears*

    But anyway, on-topic, it goes both ways Wof. You claim everyone expects you to move over, but don't seem to realize that you are doing the same thing (without any proof that everyone else actually expects that in the first place). Several people (and I'll add my name to the official list) have already stated that sometimes they actually do need stuff in lower-level areas for quests or deeds. My recently power-leveled toon skipped loads of stuff. I'm currently back in the Lone Lands with her. I go into situations like that knowing that I may have to step around others or offer to assist them, because if we both fight actively together "but independent" then the lowbie is not going to have much fun because of me. But I'm not going to just stop altogether.

    I also have a burglar, currently lvl 49 and just started Moria. A few levels ago I was working on class deeds in the Misty Mountains, in a relatively remote goblin camp. Someone else came along and "helped" without saying a word. I shrugged it off and watched the person move on (clearly doing quests). I found another goblin and went back to my class deeds. I've never ever had someone stalk me or my targets. Clearly it happens, but it is far from common, and there are a lot of ways to fix the problem. If you are just working on your class deeds, then you can be anywhere in the entire game so long as the mobs aren't grey or over your level. People working on quests don't have that luxury, and sometimes people working on slayer deeds also must be in specific areas. You have lots of choices. Not everyone else does.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

  4. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Wof View Post
    Obviously not room for me then since I have to be the one to move over for them huh?
    Yes. Exactly. Turbine has deliberately designed this game from the ground up to be a social game. Hence the MMO - Massive Multiplayer Online in the genre title.

    Each player is given the right to play the game and interact with others via their discretion and choice using the game features Turbine deliberately provided within the game software. Some of these social interactions are going to be Turbine approved. You do not like it. You have to put up it. In some cases, you may be able to avoid the interaction by finding a place where there is no one around to bother you.

    In the original game design, Turbine applied penalties to combat situation where someone interfered that was not part of your group. Turbine reasoning was that Lotro MMO. We are going to encourage players to group up when they are near each and killing stuff. They do not group up and the mess with each others mobs we are going to penalize them. The person interfering got nothing. The person being help got a reduction in the rewards.

    People complained bitterly about interference in this situation. They wanted:
    1) They wanted all the rewards. They felt help was a way to grief them.
    2) They wanted to do it themselves. In my case I wanted the satisfaction of winning while doing all the work.

    Finally Turbine decided to change the game to address these concerns.

    For situation 1 - Turbine removed the penalty. The grief complaint went away. The change was made in a way where the helper got rewarded for the help they provided. A personal loot bag and experience points were given to every character that got involved in the fight. Players are much more inclined to help. Sometimes the help is a single arrow. They move on. If you are a crowd control class like a Burglar. Their help might make the fight more difficult because they woke an opponent up.

    For situation 2 - Turbine rejected this kind of game play as being a viable option. Hence the change to reward players that interfere. I doubt Turbine will ever provide a game mechanism to support the - Do not interfere. All we got is the AFK message. Use something like "Please do not help. No attacking my mobs."

    Turbine is opposed to your kind of game play. Many of the customers are opposed to your kind of game play.

    One thing everyone has to get comfortable with in all aspects of life. You have to learn to accept it when somebody does something you do not like. You can only control your own behavior. Your only recourse is to ask the other - to stop doing it. They decide - No - You have to accept it.

    As a parent of four children, the - No - I am going to do it anyway is a very hard lesson for me to learn. I already been partially taught the concept by their mother before we had children. I never realized there would be so much conflict especially over little stuff like which way the toilet paper goes on the holder.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Yes. Exactly. Turbine has deliberately designed this game from the ground up to be a social game. Hence the MMO - Massive Multiplayer Online in the genre title.

    Each player is given the right to play the game and interact with others via their discretion and choice using the game features Turbine deliberately provided within the game software. Some of these social interactions are going to be Turbine approved. You do not like it. You have to put up it. In some cases, you may be able to avoid the interaction by finding a place where there is no one around to bother you.

    In the original game design, Turbine applied penalties to combat situation where someone interfered that was not part of your group. Turbine reasoning was that Lotro MMO. We are going to encourage players to group up when they are near each and killing stuff. They do not group up and the mess with each others mobs we are going to penalize them. The person interfering got nothing. The person being help got a reduction in the rewards.

    People complained bitterly about interference in this situation. They wanted:
    1) They wanted all the rewards. They felt help was a way to grief them.
    2) They wanted to do it themselves. In my case I wanted the satisfaction of winning while doing all the work.

    Finally Turbine decided to change the game to address these concerns.

    For situation 1 - Turbine removed the penalty. The grief complaint went away. The change was made in a way where the helper got rewarded for the help they provided. A personal loot bag and experience points were given to every character that got involved in the fight. Players are much more inclined to help. Sometimes the help is a single arrow. They move on. If you are a crowd control class like a Burglar. Their help might make the fight more difficult because they woke an opponent up.

    For situation 2 - Turbine rejected this kind of game play as being a viable option. Hence the change to reward players that interfere. I doubt Turbine will ever provide a game mechanism to support the - Do not interfere. All we got is the AFK message. Use something like "Please do not help. No attacking my mobs."

    Turbine is opposed to your kind of game play. Many of the customers are opposed to your kind of game play.

    One thing everyone has to get comfortable with in all aspects of life. You have to learn to accept it when somebody does something you do not like. You can only control your own behavior. Your only recourse is to ask the other - to stop doing it. They decide - No - You have to accept it.

    As a parent of four children, the - No - I am going to do it anyway is a very hard lesson for me to learn. I already been partially taught the concept by their mother before we had children. I never realized there would be so much conflict especially over little stuff like which way the toilet paper goes on the holder.
    So when are they going to change the deeds so that Burglars don't have play in such a slow manner? Maybe only use fast skills for class deeds, or halve how many times we have to do them? Only use deeds that don't rely on crits? Nope thought they wouldn't.

    I remember all the arguments when they first said about open world open tapping and how players said it how it encourages players to butt in in a manner previously considered to be bad mannered griefing. Seems those arguments were justified because that is exactly what has become the norm these days. Players hardly ever speak to each other anymore, they just barge in whereas before we formed fellowships and actually bothered to be social. It's so sad that the game has sunk so far from being a social MMO to becoming an officially sanctioned antisocial gankfest.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    4,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Wof View Post
    So when are they going to change the deeds so that Burglars don't have play in such a slow manner? Maybe only use fast skills for class deeds, or halve how many times we have to do them? Only use deeds that don't rely on crits? Nope thought they wouldn't.

    I remember all the arguments when they first said about open world open tapping and how players said it how it encourages players to butt in in a manner previously considered to be bad mannered griefing. Seems those arguments were justified because that is exactly what has become the norm these days. Players hardly ever speak to each other anymore, they just barge in whereas before we formed fellowships and actually bothered to be social. It's so sad that the game has sunk so far from being a social MMO to becoming an officially sanctioned antisocial gankfest.
    The reason it was considered bad manners or "griefing" to "butt in" before open tapping is you stole some of the XP of the character who got credit for the mob. That no longer happens, so there is no rudeness to assisting others. Now the norm is everybody gets the same credit for hitting the mob, nobody is penalized with lowered XP, everybody gets loot off the mob. If you simply want the mob to yourself, that's more of an indication of selfishness than poor manners on the part of others. No one owes you a "please may I" before they attack on open-world mob that is there for everyone to attack. You don't own it.

    As for skills that people work for deeds, some of those do need to be looked at. "Nope thought they wouldn't" is you making an assumption based on your opinion, nothing more.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    778
    So please tell me, if I wait until around level 75 to do my level 20 class deeds (bearing in mind I am only level 34 and playing with an XP disabler as are my kinmates) so as to reach the practice dummies in regions I don't even own yet, do tricks and trick removal skills work on the dummies and will they count against my class deeds?

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    4,363
    If you are playing with an XP disabler you should go through enough mobs in your normal play style to be able to use your skills and have all your class deeds done by the time you get to 75. If not, in my experience the training dummies work for everything excepts stuns and mezzes (they are immune).
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    If you are playing with an XP disabler you should go through enough mobs in your normal play style to be able to use your skills and have all your class deeds done by the time you get to 75.
    Which is what I was trying to do without others butting in and the whole point of this thread!

  10. #35
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    199
    Ok, you're not going to get the answers you want. What you want is us to tell you you're right, that it's unfair that you can't do this without being interrupted by others. Well, that's not going to happen. It's not unfair in the least. There are plenty of possibilities for you to use those skills and numerous people have pointed this out. It's not a matter of others being rude to you, it's you wanting what you want and because you can't get it, you're angry. You claim there's no way those players need the goblins and orcs you're killing. Well, there's your problem. You're killing things that are usually always needed for slayer deeds in most areas. How about trying to go after things that aren't on the deed list for that area? Or, even better, work on your skill deeds as you level up and do at least two solo skirms a day, focusing on using your skills you need the deeds on. That way, you don't get burnt out from the skirms (do different ones every day), you don't have to worry as much about other players "hindering" you from doing what you need to do, cause you're doing it all the time as you're questing (yes, it is possible to do it, many of us have done it over the years we've played the game), and you have less to qq about.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070100001968dc/signature.png]Mathilanakh[/charsig]

    ~Main characters~ Arkenstone: Sansanor, 100 Hunter; Mathilanakh, R11 Warg

  11. #36
    There are some active things you can do to get where you want to go and they don't involve too much on Turbine's end.

    • Buy some Slayer+Skill Deed accelerators from the store.
    • Buy some reputation accelerators from the store or from the skirmish camp vendor
    • Go to a more remote area of the game board. There are lots of areas where no one goes or stays long if they do go there.


    Depending on which skills/deeds you want to do you can find the right spot and no one will be near you to interfere. You can also end up with some good loot for your toons or sell on the AH for your time.

    Also, be mindful that some skills have a "limit" on how many times a day you can do them and get credit. So, plan ahead for those - even with a class deed accelerator it can take a long time. That's part of the game and WAI.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

    The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Wof View Post
    So please tell me, if I wait until around level 75 to do my level 20 class deeds (bearing in mind I am only level 34 and playing with an XP disabler as are my kinmates) so as to reach the practice dummies in regions I don't even own yet, do tricks and trick removal skills work on the dummies and will they count against my class deeds?
    Some do, I used dummies for some on my burg. There is also skirms and instances appropriate to your level - lots of them. You and your kinnies could have a lot of fun in those, and get your class deeds done at the same time.
    Apes are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Wof View Post
    So when are they going to change the deeds so that Burglars don't have play in such a slow manner? Maybe only use fast skills for class deeds, or halve how many times we have to do them? Only use deeds that don't rely on crits? Nope thought they wouldn't.
    Try minstrel, use Song of Aid 250 times. Or warden, Use Ambush.

    All classes have an awkward deed or two that takes forever, its not just burg.

    I found burg to be one of the fastest for class deeds, even with the crit chain deed. I could finish the daily limit on it in one fight if in a Skirm or instance with a particularly elite and slow to kill boss. Thankfully, since trait trees, that awful Use Fellowship moves deed is no longer a requirement for today's up and coming burgs.

    but anyway, lets for a minute assume that you had this "get lost" option . . .

    You take you burg and stable all the way up to MM, and ride on over to Goblin Town. When you get in there, you find 10 - 20 other players, all on mobs that you can't touch, because they are all working on class deeds and have "get lost" activated. How are you going to get yours done when everyone else is using the function you desire so much?
    Last edited by Arnenna; Aug 18 2014 at 09:46 PM.
    Apes are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    4,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Wof View Post
    Which is what I was trying to do without others butting in and the whole point of this thread!
    You treat it like they're butting in. They treat it like they're simply playing the game. It's just a different perspective.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by sansa78 View Post
    Ok, you're not going to get the answers you want. What you want is us to tell you you're right, that it's unfair that you can't do this without being interrupted by others. Well, that's not going to happen. It's not unfair in the least. There are plenty of possibilities for you to use those skills and numerous people have pointed this out. It's not a matter of others being rude to you, it's you wanting what you want and because you can't get it, you're angry. You claim there's no way those players need the goblins and orcs you're killing. Well, there's your problem. You're killing things that are usually always needed for slayer deeds in most areas. How about trying to go after things that aren't on the deed list for that area? Or, even better, work on your skill deeds as you level up and do at least two solo skirms a day, focusing on using your skills you need the deeds on. That way, you don't get burnt out from the skirms (do different ones every day), you don't have to worry as much about other players "hindering" you from doing what you need to do, cause you're doing it all the time as you're questing (yes, it is possible to do it, many of us have done it over the years we've played the game), and you have less to qq about.
    NO what I want is exactly what I asked for. I don't need to come onto this forum just to get some sort of reassurance from the "Nothing is ever wrong brigade". What I hope is that Turbine might one day actually give us such a button! After all they are quite happy to provide all sorts of stupid and unwanted things, so why not one that might be useful?

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    You treat it like they're butting in. They treat it like they're simply playing the game. It's just a different perspective.
    Yes but when I play the game I don't prevent other players from using the skills that their character has been designed to use, but which are not instant use. What is the big bloody deal about asking to be allowed to sneak up on a single (non-rare, non-unique, non-boss) mob, using 'stealth', 'diversion', reveal weakness' and 'cunning attack', then follow up with 'addle', 'dust in the eyes', 'startling twist', 'Counter Defence', Mischeivous Glee' and then try and cast them all again. Without someone barging in and killing the mob and expecting you to thank them for it? It's not like I am interfering in their gameplay, there are hundreds of landscape mobs around they could kill!

    I'm playing a MM Burglar for God's sake, I'm never ever going to be able to rush around killing everything in sight and depriving anyone from finding kills!

  17. #42
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    199
    Why might it not be useful? Read Arnenna's response. I included it so you don't have to bother with scrolling up to find it. Her response includes why you in particular do not need such a button, as well as exactly why we do not need such a button.

    Mine also included why it is not needed.

    20+ other responses included why it is not needed.

    There are many reasons why it is not needed. Your reason for why it might be needed has been shown to be a reason that isn't sufficient to put this into the game, as there are many alternatives you have available to you, to prevent or at least mitigate interruptions from other players. If you are not willing to use those alternatives, that's not poor planning on Turbine's part.



    Quote Originally Posted by Wof View Post
    NO what I want is exactly what I asked for. I don't need to come onto this forum just to get some sort of reassurance from the "Nothing is ever wrong brigade". What I hope is that Turbine might one day actually give us such a button! After all they are quite happy to provide all sorts of stupid and unwanted things, so why not one that might be useful?


    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Try minstrel, use Song of Aid 250 times. Or warden, Use Ambush.

    All classes have an awkward deed or two that takes forever, its not just burg.

    I found burg to be one of the fastest for class deeds, even with the crit chain deed. I could finish the daily limit on it in one fight if in a Skirm or instance with a particularly elite and slow to kill boss. Thankfully, since trait trees, that awful Use Fellowship moves deed is no longer a requirement for today's up and coming burgs.

    but anyway, lets for a minute assume that you had this "get lost" option . . .

    You take you burg and stable all the way up to MM, and ride on over to Goblin Town. When you get in there, you find 10 - 20 other players, all on mobs that you can't touch, because they are all working on class deeds and have "get lost" activated. How are you going to get yours done when everyone else is using the function you desire so much?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070100001968dc/signature.png]Mathilanakh[/charsig]

    ~Main characters~ Arkenstone: Sansanor, 100 Hunter; Mathilanakh, R11 Warg

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Wof View Post
    Yes but when I play the game I don't prevent other players from using the skills that their character has been designed to use, but which are not instant use. What is the big bloody deal about asking to be allowed to sneak up on a single (non-rare, non-unique, non-boss) mob, using 'stealth', 'diversion', reveal weakness' and 'cunning attack', then follow up with 'addle', 'dust in the eyes', 'startling twist', 'Counter Defence', Mischeivous Glee' and then try and cast them all again. Without someone barging in and killing the mob and expecting you to thank them for it? It's not like I am interfering in their gameplay, there are hundreds of landscape mobs around they could kill!

    I'm playing a MM Burglar for God's sake, I'm never ever going to be able to rush around killing everything in sight and depriving anyone from finding kills!
    There is no big deal about it, its just the game, and all classes face what you are going though. Hunter has some seriously long inductions, eg focus up, lay trap, throw out heartseeker just to name a few. Try doing that on a single mob on a landscape where others are playing and you're not gonna get that shot off. Minstrel - three ballads to activate a coda - not gonna happen on a busy landscape where there are others playing.

    This is why turbine gave us the dummies, and also a good reason why we can load into a solo skirm.

    Do what everyone else does to get most of those skills you mention done. Run at a mob, use one, or two, run at another mob, use another two, run at a mob, use another two. You don't have to stand on the same mob forever deliberately keeping it up to get your rotations sorted. For the chains that take more time, go somewhere more private where you are not likely to encounter other players or pull four or five off the landscape and run them into a quiet corner. A burg in MM line, with all the stuns, tricks and mezzes can easy handle four or five mobs and get off all the skills that they need (and if you can't then I would seriously suggest those dummies again). But of course, you're going to say that you don't want to do any of that and ignore any alternatives suggested.

    Have you ever tried questing or deeding in the Southern Barrow? The place is always full of rep grinders, no matter what time of day you go there. Such is life. I just stand still, wait for the one shotters to run by, and by the time the mobs respawn where I am standing, the one shotters are the other side of the barrow - giving me plenty of time and opportunity to continue until they come around again. It's called sharing, you should try it.

    "the nothing is ever wrong brigade"

    Really?

    I think I'd rather be part of that group than a nothing is ever right brigade to be honest. It's not very becoming to call a group of people names simply because they do not agree with your opinions.

    Since you are being so polite and friendly, here is my polite and friendly take on this. I hope we never get such a button. Because . . .

    1. in high traffic areas it will cause all sorts of problems if loads of players have it activated.
    2. I really don't fancy seeing a thread from you in the future when you've finished your class deeds that reads . . . hey, I can't get my slayer deeds or quests done, because I'm not allowed to tap on anyone else's mobs in the new area where everyone is playing in "get lost" mode.

    Dol Amroth dailies - Sick Corsairs = Prime example of why such a button would cause havoc.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Aug 19 2014 at 08:50 AM.
    Apes are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey

  19. #44
    Seems to me you have a number of options open to you.

    1/ create a surname that displays your intent, for example 'Nohelpthanks'. Or a kin with just you and your alts with a suitable name.

    2/ accept that this is an mmo and people will mostly try to help with the best intent, let go of the anger, and enjoy the game.

    3/ do your solo grinds in an instance.

    4/ don't play an mmo where you may have to deal with other people who cannot mind read and have the best intentions.
    Calanne Starlight

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    778
    Well all I can say is that it's a bloody good job Turbine doesn't just follow the thundering herd or we would still not have a switch for forced emotes, because that was never needed either remember!

    Guess I will go restart on the server with the lowest population I can find, there appears to be enough almost empty ones since so many players have been driven away. It's just unfortunate that my server doesn't happen to be one of them!

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Wof View Post
    Well all I can say is that it's a bloody good job Turbine doesn't just follow the thundering herd or we would still not have a switch for forced emotes, because that was never needed either remember!

    Guess I will go restart on the server with the lowest population I can find, there appears to be enough almost empty ones since so many players have been driven away. It's just unfortunate that my server doesn't happen to be one of them!
    and now we are a "thundering Herd"???

    Hehe, really, you are killing me man, my eyes are watering here.

    Keep up with the insults, it will get you everything your heart desires I'm sure. Then again, maybe not.

    Good luck on the empty server. I hope you fulfil all your class deeds and become an awesome burglar that all the masses (or lack of) will want to run with over there.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Aug 19 2014 at 11:59 AM.
    Apes are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In the Ninky Nonk
    Posts
    4,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Wof View Post
    Yes but when I play the game I don't prevent other players from using the skills that their character has been designed to use, but which are not instant use. What is the big bloody deal about asking to be allowed to sneak up on a single (non-rare, non-unique, non-boss) mob, using 'stealth', 'diversion', reveal weakness' and 'cunning attack', then follow up with 'addle', 'dust in the eyes', 'startling twist', 'Counter Defence', Mischeivous Glee' and then try and cast them all again. Without someone barging in and killing the mob and expecting you to thank them for it? It's not like I am interfering in their gameplay, there are hundreds of landscape mobs around they could kill!

    I'm playing a MM Burglar for God's sake, I'm never ever going to be able to rush around killing everything in sight and depriving anyone from finding kills!
    Just a suggestion, but you may find that the MM-related class deeds will tick over faster if you group up with others and do some on-level group content. You may even find that you'll enjoy the MM spec more by doing so

    Edit - also, and as mentioned earlier, depending on what level you are there are some fantastic locales off of the beaten track that are great for doing class deeds - Trollshaws, Angmar, parts of Forochel, the southern area of the High Pass and so on. If you're between 50 and 60, the NE area of Nan Gurth will certainly stretch your abilities.
    <A sig goes here>

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    I never realized there would be so much conflict especially over little stuff like which way the toilet paper goes on the holder.

    lol- i am a police 911 dispatcher- you have no idea how seriously people take that issue. (yes- in all of my 27 or so years of being a dispatcher-i have indeed taken calls that were based on that very issue)
    sometimes- seeing the issues folks grief about regarding issues in this game- sometimes (but not often) - make me want to go to work early so i can deal with normal people having normal issues.

  24. #49
    You could set a macro to your action bar, that does a say and explains that you are "doing class deeds, please don't help". The 'please' would be a nice touch.

    But they may need the mob even if they outlevel the area - they may be doing slayer deeds that require that mob type, for a virtue they need. They may be doing quests even well over level, again, for a meta-quest completion virtue.

    It is an MMO (which is by definition a shared space on the landscape), they are likely to need to be there, and have to kill a mob they need, that you may be killing.

    If they are doing it because they think you need help, a macro you can click that asks them not to would likely be enough. Spam it when you see them approaching. Having it on the action bar avoids having to type when you are busy. Naturally if someone politely asks me not to help, I will comply with their wishes, and I assume most other folks would, also.

    Open tapping I thought was great, as I no longer had to wait for a specific mob to respawn if I showed up and someone else was already attacking it, or wait for it to respawn only to have someone run up and tap it first. Not to mention eliminating that as a way for players to grief you.
    Casual R Us - Garatha

  25. #50
    If your concern is completing deeds then do them inside a skirmish where it's solo play and not an MMO world with other players around.
    You gotta chill to take it to the next level.

 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload