We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Do you Freeps...

do you freeps actually think staying at gv and not making any attempt to leave or push back the creeps for good is a wise choice? Because it is beyond me why you think that is when you are paying to sit at gv instead of actually pvping?

money Well spent Imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertakerxx View Post
    do you freeps actually think staying at gv and not making any attempt to leave or push back the creeps for good is a wise choice? Because it is beyond me why you think that is when you are paying to sit at gv instead of actually pvping?

money Well spent Imo.
    Problem is the numbers. Freeps have been conditioned lately from the U12-13 creepside op'ness (read: Defilers specifically) to stay at GV. Playing creepside has always been dependent on grouping or superior numbers to survive and rank up, of course except for the talented players that can overcome the limitations and solo successfully (which is probably maybe 5% of the PvP population). Creepside has never been more balanced as it is now, to the point where most classes can successfully solo, while most freeps need to group up to survive. Also, there are very few Freep leaders that I've seen lately, which means the majority of the Freeps are stuck at GV with their thumbs up their ars es.

In reality, the days of solo'ing or small grouping is starting to see its day, with the way LOTRO is going now. RvR's are now becoming far more common, which is ironically, very similar to GW2 (as well as the trait trees). That is not to say it's a bad thing, I love my RvR's, it's just sad that it's starting to be the only option nowadays.

Ehh, whatever. It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by RGilthanas View Post
    Problem is the numbers. Freeps have been conditioned lately from the U12-13 creepside op'ness (read: Defilers specifically) to stay at GV. Playing creepside has always been dependent on grouping or superior numbers to survive and rank up, of course except for the talented players that can overcome the limitations and solo successfully (which is probably maybe 5% of the PvP population). Creepside has never been more balanced as it is now, to the point where most classes can successfully solo, while most freeps need to group up to survive. Also, there are very few Freep leaders that I've seen lately, which means the majority of the Freeps are stuck at GV with their thumbs up their ars es.

In reality, the days of solo'ing or small grouping is starting to see its day, with the way LOTRO is going now. RvR's are now becoming far more common, which is ironically, very similar to GW2 (as well as the trait trees). That is not to say it's a bad thing, I love my RvR's, it's just sad that it's starting to be the only option nowadays.

Ehh, whatever. It is what it is.
    that is weird because me and my friends & kinnies do just fine small group and 7-8 at the max(not very often) . we do just fine against the creeps on BW far from gv even though we are out numbered sometimes/most of the time we kill them and come out with the win.

The people at gv are maybe 40% of the PvPers that are currently online. So many solo trips, 2-3-4 mans with kin have been made around the moors only to encounter..wait for it...it's a surprise..a lot of creeps.

There are also a few different freep groups, even raids that venture out during the day.

Of course when you solo/duo/trio you're prone to call outs and raid map ins, but fighting those and winning, or dodging them and watching them run after you while on horseback is part of the fun.

that is weird because me and my friends & kinnies do just fine small group and 7-8 at the max(not very often) . we do just fine against the creeps on BW far from gv even though we are out numbered sometimes/most of the time we kill them and come out with the win.
    Then why do you care so much about what others chose to do with their time? Reckon yours is spent just fine [sic].

Lightbulb

Only way to get people to do what you want is if they are in your group and you got leads.

Quote Originally Posted by searingskitso View Post
    Only way to get people to do what you want is if they are in your group and you got leads.
    that's the sad part though, the random freeps out there who don't kin pvp well don't have a leader out there at all.

that's the sad part though, the random freeps out there who don't kin pvp well don't have a leader out there at all.
    are words tough?

Quote Originally Posted by Leksi View Post
    are words tough?
    I just made a plainly seen statement for the current state of freeps and that's what he come up with?

are words tough?
    Yes*

*Fixed it for ya.

I just made a plainly seen statement for the current state of freeps and that's what SHE came up with?
    There, fixed it for ya as well

looked kinda like you spilled a bowl of alphabet soup; by the power of Grayskull it made some words. idk, m8

This is the way I look at gv camping I go out and about yesterday I had a lot of fun running around in my small group . Raids on freepside are very selective as who they let in and generally while I don't have a problem getting in one my kin often sometimes has to beg for attention to get in one. I had to leave a raid because they wouldn't make it bigger than 12 and I said I don't abandon my kin. With that said why leave gv when you have a rez there and easy walk and its on both sides why the fighting is at gv. Creeps almost always run back even if we own a blue keep . The boxer also follows you around and given our numbers and organization many times in open field with the way lag has been or even remotely at a keep , we can not handle the masses. Gv is a good way to get a semi open field fight w/ some volley ball type action to tr. Lag for me is the biggest reason. This week has been the worst for lag in a long time. Why look for fights when you can predict when and where they'll be? Also consider numbers the other side has if you guys double our numbers yea we're gonna hug gv. You may have to tweak your strategies to get a good fight. Its up to both sides to change it.
    alzie rank 15 mini
    "less talky, more killy"
    "kill fast , run faster!"
    The Apocalypse Kinship Elendilmir
    Antisocialnetworking brandywine

Teddibara beorning Brandywine
    alzeria rank 15 mini renamed Brandywine

money Well spent Imo.
    Don't just blame freeps. I went out several times this past weekend and any time that the freeps had a keep it was gone in no time. Without alternate spawn points we all end up back at GV feeding the camp. I take part all the time simply because I die, spawn, run out and their are creeps at my doorstep. I am not going to ignore them simply because little Johnny doesn't like GV camps. Also, any time there is a camp and their are numbers the freeps do push. I like to experiment sometimes and just charge the pack of creeps on my guard. Very often we all end up charge out and get kills.

Really, what's going on is just the TR shuffle 2.0. Most PVMP on Brandywine has always been a shuffle. TR/GV, STAB, Grams/Lugazag. That's just the way it goes. The current TR shuffle is a bit different than the old TR shuffle which resembled more of a straight line between the two. Now it has just been shifted over a bit and taken through BV, presumably because their is more cover and concealment as you approach GV.

Also, Grams/GV camps are also places where newbies can cut their teeth. We don't spring from Archet one-shotting players at level five. It takes time and practice. GV/Grams camps attract this kind of action. Regardless, if players are dying then PVMP is happening. It's only the scenery that really changes. I never understood the angst over where the pixel-clashes actually take place. A fight is a fight.

I agree with you arm, unless there are a few leaders most people will support, the faction is doomed.

If the GV camp proves unfruitful, guess we can always afk at the 1v1 circle right?

I agree with you arm, unless there are a few leaders most people will support, the faction is doomed.
    yes there was plenty of freep leaders on E but it seems BW is hopeless with none but I and my friends from E do fine venturing and ignoring gv legal rank farming so I could care less at this point anymore.
    looked kinda like you spilled a bowl of alphabet soup; by the power of Grayskull it made some words. idk, m8
    I guess you don't care I said they have no leaders at all which is obviously true.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderbowStormshard View Post
    There, fixed it for ya as well
    and Im suppose to know that from a kind of rude person I have never met from a slug avatar and the name?

Maybe you should take your head out of the alphabet soup and look around. There have been a LOT of small groups out, definitely not yours alone. There's been action all over the map. There have been grams camps.

The only thing you have to deal with at the moment is that a lot of creeps aren't fashionably small grouped yet, so you'll inevitably fight bigger and bigger numbers until you're knee deep in defiler blight, spider poo, warg pee and glam bow.
    R10 LM - R10 Burg - R7 Hunter - R11 Warg - R11 Defiler - R8 BA

Quote Originally Posted by Cordh View Post
    ...until you're knee deep in defiler blight, defiler blight, defiler blight and glam bow.
    Fixed it for ya.

yes there was plenty of freep leaders on E but it seems BW is hopeless with none but I and my friends from E do fine venturing and ignoring gv legal rank farming so I could care less at this point anymore.

I guess you don't care I said they have no leaders at all which is obviously true.

and Im suppose to know that from a kind of rude person I have never met from a slug avatar and the name?

Maybe your problem isn't that there aren't enough leaders and rather that you are too much of a follower. Not everyone enjoys being herded. I hope that despite the actions of others around you which (per your own admittance) doesn't effect you as your groups "do just fine," that you are able to enjoy your time in the moors devoid of a freep raid for you to solo or small group alongside.

Also, it's a female slug.

Maybe your problem isn't that there aren't enough leaders and rather that you are too much of a follower. Not everyone enjoys being herded. I hope that despite the actions of others around you which (per your own admittance) doesn't effect you as your groups "do just fine," that you are able to enjoy your time in the moors devoid of a freep raid for you to solo or small group alongside.

Also, it's a female slug.
    how am I too much of a follower if I never want to join open fraids(im strictly small group play for the challenge and fun added), im just simply trying to see if anyone on BW is actually a freep leader, the case seems no. not everyone enjoys being herded(not sure what you even mean by that, kind of sounds like you think people would rather get zerged and kept at bay in one spot rather than join a sensible group and kill creeps.) and I would never shadow a fraid in a small group, I actually try to avoid them unless joining in on a big keep fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordh View Post
    Maybe you should take your head out of the alphabet soup and look around. There have been a LOT of small groups out, definitely not yours alone. There's been action all over the map. There have been grams camps.

The only thing you have to deal with at the moment is that a lot of creeps aren't fashionably small grouped yet, so you'll inevitably fight bigger and bigger numbers until you're knee deep in defiler blight, spider poo, warg pee and glam bow.
    no words for that.

As a freep who has experienced what happens on a server when freeps start to dominate, even when numbers are stacked against them, it's not a good thing to NOT let creeps think they have the upperhand. My old server is just about dead because we did just that - broke out of GV camps and were among the first servers to actually grams camp after the update. Creeps took this as "qq Freeps are OP again", and now our server is a freaking graveyard.

So pay no mind when your creeps start baiting you and taunting you to fight and push out. They really don't want to be driven away and beat down, because then they'll quit in droves and the last server with active PVP will look like the surrounding countryside after Chernobyl.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorandril View Post
    If the GV camp proves unfruitful, guess we can always afk at the 1v1 circle right?
    That did give me some laughs. Don't worry though, your forum post count will always be superior to mine, even if your rank isn't.

Pre-grats on 8k forum posts!!!!

That did give me some laughs. Don't worry though, your forum post count will always be superior to mine, even if your rank isn't.
    Pre-grats on 8k forum posts!!!!
    (preface: In my strong opinion...)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast