We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: Angst

  1. #1

    Angst

    ### is with all the moors angst. I realize a little of that comes with PvP and I had my rage moments back in the day, but the last 3 days on Node have been pretty disheartening.

    Take away the fact that I just this morning discovered Audacity (thanks for the heads up creeps) and am still in the process of figuring out a new rotation and what is what, the Moors just don't seem like they are 'fun' to ANYONE.

    Also, why am I lagging so hard when I have a machine that would make my old computer run and hide?
    Nodeninja

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporto View Post
    ### is with all the moors angst. I realize a little of that comes with PvP and I had my rage moments back in the day, but the last 3 days on Node have been pretty disheartening.

    Take away the fact that I just this morning discovered Audacity (thanks for the heads up creeps) and am still in the process of figuring out a new rotation and what is what, the Moors just don't seem like they are 'fun' to ANYONE.

    Also, why am I lagging so hard when I have a machine that would make my old computer run and hide?
    Online games aren't for fun silly goose.

    It's about releasing people's pent up frustrations and teenage angst.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    2,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeylad View Post
    Online games aren't for fun silly goose.

    It's about releasing people's pent up frustrations and teenage angst.

    I'd appreciate it if you would quit posting my picture on the interwebs.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  4. #4
    Yeah Node, I can honestly say most of these new batch of creeps have to be some of the most pathetic I've witnessed in all my years moorsing, esp the defenders of Good TA brigade when there is a couple freeps that want to 1v1 when there is no freeps on to help put together a fighting force and they have like 10-12 creeps zerging, like jeez, get a life lol. Creeps are at their highest peak of power since forever and they still feel compelled to play that way. From what I noticed, when Vic/etc. ends up getting a good group of freeps together to contend with their zerging and constant op flipping, they usually log when a challenge is posed. I don't mind what they do, people are gonna play the way they play and you cant change it, but I just think its pathetic personally. Genbu and Aeons would be turning over in their proverbially lotro graves if they saw what was happening now.
    Last edited by joshy8910; Aug 14 2014 at 03:17 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson TX
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    Yeah Node, I can honestly say most of these new batch of creeps have to be some of the most pathetic I've witnessed in all my years moorsing, esp the defenders of Good TA brigade when there is a couple freeps that want to 1v1 when there is no freeps on to help put together a fighting force and they have like 10-12 creeps zerging, like jeez, get a life lol. Creeps are at their highest peak of power since forever and they still feel compelled to play that way. From what I noticed, when Vic/etc. ends up getting a good group of freeps together to contend with their zerging and constant op flipping, they usually log when a challenge is posed. I don't mind what they do, people are gonna play the way they play and you cant change it, but I just think its pathetic personally. Genbu and Aeons would be turning over in their proverbially lotro graves if they saw what was happening now.
    Again, I can't tell you how many times I've been zerged at gta by freeps and this goes back to before you rejoined the game. The difference is I don't mind. It usually leads to some good pvp for at least a little while.. Even my antics with Haldaim is a good example. Trust me, I didn't start it but I'm enjoying it all the same. I landed in an open pvp area, turned to leave and he killed me in a pvp zone..

    I still don't understand why so many insist on 1v1ing at a central location on the map where it's a major traffic area and a map in spot for creeps? Again, Candy mountain is gone but the Arena is still there. Why not move 1v1's if that's all someone wants to do?

    I don't mind the 1v1's at gta, but if I show up there and 1v1 and get ganked, I'm not going to cry about it. I'm just going to declare war and have some pvp fun...

    Or I could of posted this:




    It was funny the first 2 or 3 times I saw it and I know.. It's not very creative anymore.. But this is another example of just how creative our Freeps are these days.. harhar
    Last edited by DaxMaxtor; Aug 14 2014 at 03:49 PM.
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post

    It was funny the first 2 or 3 times I saw it and I know.. It's not very creative anymore.. But this is another example of just how creative our Freeps are these days.. harhar


    Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    I'd appreciate it if you would quit posting my picture on the interwebs.
    I make no promises.
    Last edited by Monkeylad; Aug 14 2014 at 08:11 PM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    Again, I can't tell you how many times I've been zerged at gta by freeps and this goes back to before you rejoined the game. The difference is I don't mind. It usually leads to some good pvp for at least a little while.. Even my antics with Haldaim is a good example. Trust me, I didn't start it but I'm enjoying it all the same. I landed in an open pvp area, turned to leave and he killed me in a pvp zone..

    I still don't understand why so many insist on 1v1ing at a central location on the map where it's a major traffic area and a map in spot for creeps? Again, Candy mountain is gone but the Arena is still there. Why not move 1v1's if that's all someone wants to do?

    I don't mind the 1v1's at gta, but if I show up there and 1v1 and get ganked, I'm not going to cry about it. I'm just going to declare war and have some pvp fun...

    Or I could of posted this:




    It was funny the first 2 or 3 times I saw it and I know.. It's not very creative anymore.. But this is another example of just how creative our Freeps are these days.. harhar
    It's not the fact 1v1s get zerged, it's the fact that when there are absolutely no freeps out and the only chance they have at any fun at the moment is 1v1ing. With that, they decide to zerg every opportunity they get when there is very little freeps at 1v1s. If there were actual freeps out, that be 1 thing. It's really a griefing thing more than anything. It's not fun fighting 2v12 all the time, not to mention the constant flipping of ops to give us little dps. You gotta realize Gun, these aren't the old days with freeps in flocks. It's a rarity to get the amount of freeps necessary to fight all those people that like to easymode on creepside right now. That's what I'm trying to say. I dont mind 1v1s getting zerged, but its the amount they get zerged unnecessarily, esp when creeps like to sit at good ta and I don't know, not actually look for other freeps to try and kill, so maybe action can actually ensue (that is, if any freeps are actually out). That kinda stuff they've been doing the past couple days just keeps people away from the Moors. Also, if some creeps learned how to 1v1 properly, maybe they would actually like them and not zerg them so much.

    For example, I was trying to fight Herodan on his BA the other day; there was probably like 2 freeps out, me and Grimphore. Every time I tried to go back to good ta to fight him, I'd get zerged over and over by a good plethora of creeps. They waited for me, they didnt even try to find me to zerg me, but the fact they waited for 1 person and give him absolutely no chance is sad. I love you Gun, but I think Creepside has gotten your mind all outta wack buddy . It's JAG, like you said, but in a game, I want to try to enjoy myself when odds aren't stacked in my favor, you know? Think of if you were in my shoes, Gun, when you couldn't do anything at all, and just constantly getting zerged when you want to have an even chance to compete in a game, but can only do so much. I think my nearly 30k deaths in the moors merits me at least that haha .

    The point I'm trying to make is: if I wanted to farm stuff, I'd go pve, if I wanna have fun, I go pvp. Honestly, if you guys think farming people 12v2 over and over is fun, then idk why you guys play this game.

    I think people fight at Good TA not so much as intentionally, but instinctively. Back before when 1v1s were universally respected, people would fight there is why.
    Last edited by joshy8910; Aug 14 2014 at 08:31 PM.

  8. #8
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson TX
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    It's not the fact 1v1s get zerged, it's the fact that when there are absolutely no freeps out and the only chance they have at any fun at the moment is 1v1ing. With that, they decide to zerg every opportunity they get when there is very little freeps at 1v1s. If there were actual freeps out, that be 1 thing. It's really a griefing thing more than anything. It's not fun fighting 2v12 all the time, not to mention the constant flipping of ops to give us little dps. You gotta realize Gun, these aren't the old days with freeps in flocks. It's a rarity to get the amount of freeps necessary to fight all those people that like to easymode on creepside right now. That's what I'm trying to say. I dont mind 1v1s getting zerged, but its the amount they get zerged unnecessarily, esp when creeps like to sit at good ta and I don't know, not actually look for other freeps to try and kill, so maybe action can actually ensue (that is, if any freeps are actually out). That kinda stuff they've been doing the past couple days just keeps people away from the Moors. Also, if some creeps learned how to 1v1 properly, maybe they would actually like them and not zerg them so much.

    For example, I was trying to fight Herodan on his BA the other day; there was probably like 2 freeps out, me and Grimphore. Every time I tried to go back to good ta to fight him, I'd get zerged over and over by a good plethora of creeps. They waited for me, they didnt even try to find me to zerg me, but the fact they waited for 1 person and give him absolutely no chance is sad. I love you Gun, but I think Creepside has gotten your mind all outta wack buddy . It's JAG, like you said, but in a game, I want to try to enjoy myself when odds aren't stacked in my favor, you know? Think of if you were in my shoes, Gun, when you couldn't do anything at all, and just constantly getting zerged when you want to have an even chance to compete in a game, but can only do so much. I think my nearly 30k deaths in the moors merits me at least that haha .

    The point I'm trying to make is: if I wanted to farm stuff, I'd go pve, if I wanna have fun, I go pvp. Honestly, if you guys think farming people 12v2 over and over is fun, then idk why you guys play this game.

    I think people fight at Good TA not so much as intentionally, but instinctively. Back before when 1v1s were universally respected, people would fight there is why.
    Ok, I get it.. more than you'll believe but let me ask this question again? Why not move the 1v1's to the Arena. Also let me point out, that I have been zerged at gta by freeps more often than I have attempted to gank anyone there. Trust me, it's a two way street and Freeps do exactly the same thing you are saying creeps do.

    I am not anti-1v1's.. I enjoy doing it from time to time myself.

    Also, I don't start the OP wars and if I do flip an op to uneven them, then you will find me at the last op flipped trying to defend it. That is just another side game of many I play out in the Moors. Unlike you, I can always find a way to entertain myself in the Moors no matter how many creeps or freeps are on.. but then again, I am solely Creep and don't do any of the Freep grind.

    As a matter of fact, Freeps tend to uneven the OP's more when they are out in numbers than Creeps do.. When there is a lack of Freeps, most the time they get flipped from Creeps doing quest.

    I also suspect a lot of those Creeps doing those quest are Freeps in Creep skins, taking advantage of how ez it is to get those comms on Creep-side.

    There are also times I don't feel that Freeps deserve any of those OP's. They sneak in, flip them and then map back to the GV camp. This is Capture-the-Flag or should be. Which brings up how stupid auto-flips are..
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    As a matter of fact, Freeps tend to uneven the OP's more when they are out in numbers than Creeps do..



    While there are a few freeps that do this, they haven't been out much from what I've seen lately. I have however seen a certain tribe and certain people immediately go to an op flipped blue while there are still three red ops. Then as soon as they flip it and leave I'll reflip it, and those same people come back. Oddly enough most of them don't track, even when I riddle them while they're changing the flag to get the cg to reset. I don't know why they do it though.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson TX
    Posts
    1,379
    Outpost!! It's funny, just after my last post I log in to a blue map and all the Op's are blue and Nembwit, Mazzor and Co. are doing everything in their power to keep all the OP's blue with much greater numbers than Creeps have. So, if you're going to complain about OP's, start on your side. Personally I vote to just let it be.

    The point is, Freeps attempt to grief just as much, if not more than Creeps do, which I love. It fuels my entire perspective that Freeps are really the evil invaders I claim they are. They PVE solely to get their auto win buttons so they can come out to the only PVE area we Creeps have, just to bully us, and Nembwit and Co. are the perfect examples.

    Honestly, if our lowbies aren't camping GV and there is a freep anywhere on our (Creep) map, then we're loosing the good fight. Nasty, selfish Freeps!

    and to think, I almost felt sorry for you Swift....
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson TX
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeylad View Post



    While there are a few freeps that do this, they haven't been out much from what I've seen lately. I have however seen a certain tribe and certain people immediately go to an op flipped blue while there are still three red ops. Then as soon as they flip it and leave I'll reflip it, and those same people come back. Oddly enough most of them don't track, even when I riddle them while they're changing the flag to get the cg to reset. I don't know why they do it though.
    That tribe your talking about is actually a tribe of comm farming freeps. Again, your side.. I actually watched one of them lead a group of lowbies to GV the other night and stand back while her husband's Freep farmed them.

    You Freeps amaze me!!

    PS: In order to get griefed by a Creep, you actually have to enter the only zone we Creeps have to play in but you Freeps grief one another all over Middle Earth and then bring it to the only little area we have.

    I wish they'd let me loose on Bree Town or Moria. I'd give you a taste of your own medicine.. hahaha

    Then you'd see what reckless hate really is...
    Last edited by DaxMaxtor; Aug 15 2014 at 03:43 AM.
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kozzmo's Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    It's not the fact 1v1s get zerged, it's the fact that when there are absolutely no freeps out and the only chance they have at any fun at the moment is 1v1ing. With that, they decide to zerg every opportunity they get when there is very little freeps at 1v1s. If there were actual freeps out, that be 1 thing. It's really a griefing thing more than anything. It's not fun fighting 2v12 all the time, not to mention the constant flipping of ops to give us little dps. You gotta realize Gun, these aren't the old days with freeps in flocks. It's a rarity to get the amount of freeps necessary to fight all those people that like to easymode on creepside right now. That's what I'm trying to say. I dont mind 1v1s getting zerged, but its the amount they get zerged unnecessarily, esp when creeps like to sit at good ta and I don't know, not actually look for other freeps to try and kill, so maybe action can actually ensue (that is, if any freeps are actually out). That kinda stuff they've been doing the past couple days just keeps people away from the Moors. Also, if some creeps learned how to 1v1 properly, maybe they would actually like them and not zerg them so much.

    For example, I was trying to fight Herodan on his BA the other day; there was probably like 2 freeps out, me and Grimphore. Every time I tried to go back to good ta to fight him, I'd get zerged over and over by a good plethora of creeps. They waited for me, they didnt even try to find me to zerg me, but the fact they waited for 1 person and give him absolutely no chance is sad. I love you Gun, but I think Creepside has gotten your mind all outta wack buddy . It's JAG, like you said, but in a game, I want to try to enjoy myself when odds aren't stacked in my favor, you know? Think of if you were in my shoes, Gun, when you couldn't do anything at all, and just constantly getting zerged when you want to have an even chance to compete in a game, but can only do so much. I think my nearly 30k deaths in the moors merits me at least that haha .

    The point I'm trying to make is: if I wanted to farm stuff, I'd go pve, if I wanna have fun, I go pvp. Honestly, if you guys think farming people 12v2 over and over is fun, then idk why you guys play this game.

    I think people fight at Good TA not so much as intentionally, but instinctively. Back before when 1v1s were universally respected, people would fight there is why.

    I mean no disrespect, but I think you are romanticizing the past a bit Vinner. Unless you are referring to some time after I left, 1v1s weren't "universally respected." The raid would just tear through whomever it came across during prime time hours. Sure, if two people happened to be run into looking like they were having a 1v1, sometimes we would stand around watching, then if the other side won, kill him so both sides got infamy/renown. But good TA was never thought of as some sort of protected zone. If someone was in the moors, they were fair game. People who deliberately went out of their way looking to gank 1v1s somewhere out of the way like the arena were ostracized, but so were people who whined about getting killed when they just wanted to 1v1. People left you specifically alone a fair bit, because you didn't seem to care about dying, you just kept coming out hoping for a good fight, and that was respected. But it wasn't because you 1v1'd, it was because of people appreciating your attitude. Most importantly, when people sat around to get 1v1s going, it was generally because the side with the overwhelming numerical advantage had their fill of farming, and wanted a challenge. But it was always up to the side with numbers to agree to do some 1v1s. Now, despite being out numbered, some people come across like getting to 1v1 is a a right; some people are elitist as if 1v1ing means you are better than others; and some people imply that GTA is sacred ground. I'm not meaning you specifically, I mostly mean the people who flip over and whine in OOC, which I've seen a lot of in the little time I've been playing again recently. I really think, as long as the perception is that 1v1ers have an attitude that they are somehow OWED being left alone to 1v1, there will be some, myself included, who aren't going to accommodate them. But the reaction, at least from me and I'd hope from many, would be a lot different, if the attitude came across as "hey, we've tried fighting, but we don't have the numbers, how about some 1v1s to keep it fun?"
    Antilles, Hunter Pre-Book 12
    Tolkmit, nee Cuomo, Gladden's First 5 Star War Leader
    Celchu, Antagonist, Maybourne
    Original Gladden

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    Ok, I get it.. more than you'll believe but let me ask this question again? Why not move the 1v1's to the Arena. Also let me point out, that I have been zerged at gta by freeps more often than I have attempted to gank anyone there. Trust me, it's a two way street and Freeps do exactly the same thing you are saying creeps do.

    I am not anti-1v1's.. I enjoy doing it from time to time myself.

    Also, I don't start the OP wars and if I do flip an op to uneven them, then you will find me at the last op flipped trying to defend it. That is just another side game of many I play out in the Moors. Unlike you, I can always find a way to entertain myself in the Moors no matter how many creeps or freeps are on.. but then again, I am solely Creep and don't do any of the Freep grind.

    As a matter of fact, Freeps tend to uneven the OP's more when they are out in numbers than Creeps do.. When there is a lack of Freeps, most the time they get flipped from Creeps doing quest.

    I also suspect a lot of those Creeps doing those quest are Freeps in Creep skins, taking advantage of how ez it is to get those comms on Creep-side.

    There are also times I don't feel that Freeps deserve any of those OP's. They sneak in, flip them and then map back to the GV camp. This is Capture-the-Flag or should be. Which brings up how stupid auto-flips are..
    I'm sure that creeps would find a way to zerg 1v1s if they realized the Freeps had moved to Arena though, which is why its not really prudent to do that imo anyway, but if people are willing when there's nothing out, I'll try to make use of it. Last time the Capture the Flag element was fun in the moors was when hotspots were around, but the OP flipping cat and mouse game is just dumb and stupid.

    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1295 View Post
    I mean no disrespect, but I think you are romanticizing the past a bit Vinner. Unless you are referring to some time after I left, 1v1s weren't "universally respected." The raid would just tear through whomever it came across during prime time hours. Sure, if two people happened to be run into looking like they were having a 1v1, sometimes we would stand around watching, then if the other side won, kill him so both sides got infamy/renown. But good TA was never thought of as some sort of protected zone. If someone was in the moors, they were fair game. People who deliberately went out of their way looking to gank 1v1s somewhere out of the way like the arena were ostracized, but so were people who whined about getting killed when they just wanted to 1v1. People left you specifically alone a fair bit, because you didn't seem to care about dying, you just kept coming out hoping for a good fight, and that was respected. But it wasn't because you 1v1'd, it was because of people appreciating your attitude. Most importantly, when people sat around to get 1v1s going, it was generally because the side with the overwhelming numerical advantage had their fill of farming, and wanted a challenge. But it was always up to the side with numbers to agree to do some 1v1s. Now, despite being out numbered, some people come across like getting to 1v1 is a a right; some people are elitist as if 1v1ing means you are better than others; and some people imply that GTA is sacred ground. I'm not meaning you specifically, I mostly mean the people who flip over and whine in OOC, which I've seen a lot of in the little time I've been playing again recently. I really think, as long as the perception is that 1v1ers have an attitude that they are somehow OWED being left alone to 1v1, there will be some, myself included, who aren't going to accommodate them. But the reaction, at least from me and I'd hope from many, would be a lot different, if the attitude came across as "hey, we've tried fighting, but we don't have the numbers, how about some 1v1s to keep it fun?"
    Perhaps I am, Ant, perhaps not. You and I both remember the golden ages however, prebk 12, so on, so forth. It may have been some time after you left, and even when you were here, but there was a time where 1v1s were universally respected, least I thought it was a mutual thing among creeps and freeps when there was nothing really out. I do remember occasions such as 1v1ing Cyclic at TR and Genbu at CoT and not being interrupted though, but yeah, I appreciated the 1v1s not getting interrupted. You have to really experience what's been going out here recently though before you compare the eras.

    In the time we both played, there was a balance of players and action for 1v1ing, raiding, ganking, small grouping, etc. The game being as diminished as it is now, with its limited players, cant really handle that. So, as I was saying before, when there is no freeps out to really contend with the amount of creeps, there's nothing wrong with having a few 1v1s to pass the time until action picks up. Sure, the Blender may have killed people in its path, but you gotta understand Ant, these guys do anything in their power to destroy 1v1s and just stay in 1 spot; they dont even attempt to roam the map to do anything else, or even participate in the 1v1s until more freeps show up.

    That's what I was trying to say, you understand what I was saying though, Ant, I'm on the same page as you. I think you may have misunderstood a little bit, I'm sharing the same point as you, especially with your last sentence. I'm just saying you need to experience the moors now before you can pass judgement my old friend. The constant op flipping griefing 1v1s and zerging when there's no freeps to compete with them. You would disapprove greatly I believe.
    Last edited by joshy8910; Aug 16 2014 at 06:18 PM.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    I'm sure that creeps would find a way to zerg 1v1s if they realized the Freeps had moved to Arena though, which is why its not really prudent to do that imo anyway
    This. The difference from back in the day and now is that people wouldn't form groups and actively seek out 1v1 circles by checking each of the usual spots just so they could zerg through for renown/infamy. They would form groups and actively seek out other groups.

    This is part of the reason no one likes to group up anymore I'd bet. Unless there is already established RvR action ongoing, usually groups simply devolve into "let's take this keep/delving buff and then wait for the 1v1's @ ________ call in OOC so we can roll through" kind of mentality.

    And please, creeps, don't make me laugh by telling me that's not what recent leaders actively do. Roaming =/= mapping in with a full group buffed and ready to fight @ gta and instantly focus firing people down.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson TX
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    This. The difference from back in the day and now is that people wouldn't form groups and actively seek out 1v1 circles by checking each of the usual spots just so they could zerg through for renown/infamy. They would form groups and actively seek out other groups.

    This is part of the reason no one likes to group up anymore I'd bet. Unless there is already established RvR action ongoing, usually groups simply devolve into "let's take this keep/delving buff and then wait for the 1v1's @ ________ call in OOC so we can roll through" kind of mentality.

    And please, creeps, don't make me laugh by telling me that's not what recent leaders actively do. Roaming =/= mapping in with a full group buffed and ready to fight @ gta and instantly focus firing people down.
    Start laughing bud, because that's not what recent leaders "actively do".

    Recent leaders push Freeps of greater numbers in their npc's at TR and wipe, just to have those same freeps immediately take off to the delving to pve...
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    Start laughing bud, because that's not what recent leaders "actively do".

    Recent leaders push Freeps of greater numbers in their npc's at TR and wipe, just to have those same freeps immediately take off to the delving to pve...
    Not that I've seen. Recently, I've seen the along the lines of the exact opposite . Something having to do with Vic+freeps+cappies+oathbreaker s. I'd love to see more freeps out there consistently, but it's hard to do when 1: many people in this game like to ezmode, 2: some creeps' mentality of late doesn't promote pvp, but kills it, 3: not enough freep numbers consistently willing to do it, either directly or indirectly of my 2 other points.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson TX
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    Not that I've seen. Recently, I've seen the along the lines of the exact opposite . Something having to do with Vic+freeps+cappies+oathbreaker s. I'd love to see more freeps out there consistently, but it's hard to do when 1: many people in this game like to ezmode, 2: some creeps' mentality of late doesn't promote pvp, but kills it, 3: not enough freep numbers consistently willing to do it, either directly or indirectly of my 2 other points.
    Let me give you what I call my Swift perspective first:

    I was out in the Moors for 20 minutes today and what I saw is certainly what is going on for the other 23 hrs and 40 min of the day.

    And now for my honest perspective and one that would really promote pvp:

    We really do not have any Guardians or Champions in this game. With the exception of Turbine. Turbine Guards and Champions the Freeps during their travels throughout Middle Earth and keep us Creeps penned up in our little zone like fish in a barrel. Freeps are selfish, self indulgent Creatures who only come to the moors to bully (no guarding, no championing).

    All a creep has is the few true soles that really do Guard and Champion our little map against the cowardly onslaught. Most the Creeps you see out are really Freeps in Creep skins who don't care about our plight and bondage. They are there just to farm the easy Comms.

    Let us out!!!! Let's see how honoralble the Freeps really are when Grog and his minion take refuge in the Mines of Moria and strike out across all of Middle Earth? Let's see just how brave they are when they have no where to take refuge. Let's let them see what it is like to be ganked anywhere and anytime.

    Open those gates and let us out? Give us a Server that will let us do that and we'll show you just how worthless all those Freeps really are. I'd subscribe to that..

    Until then, all we have is the tiny little Ettenmoors and all the whiney, selfish, win button wanna-be Freeps to contend with. "Oh no! You killed me in the middle of an Open PvP Zone and didn't respect what I want". Please, am I the only one that see's the irony in this?

    So, kill them all and hold them to the Forbidden Steps of GV for our Lowbie Creeps to farm and rank on. It's the only win we will ever get.


    (Node, that is how I approach this game and find ways to enjoy it. And yea, I guess it is a little reckless hate but it is Freeps after all and they deserve it all..)

    So the answer to this:



    is map your whiney little self back to the safety of your PvE land and pray they never let us loose on you there.
    Last edited by DaxMaxtor; Aug 17 2014 at 03:49 AM.
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

  19. #19
    Actually, the Tolkien estate is who keeps creeps pent up in the moors.

    Frankly, all one has to do to understand why I started this topic is raid creepside. The amount of heartfelt hate towards opposing players is alarming. I'll fully admit to having players I couldn't stand in my day, and maybe old age is catching up to me and mellowing me out, but when there are 12-24 freeps in the moors giving us something to do, the level of animosity towards them is pretty discouraging, especially when one of them, Vic, is someone who I did and still do consider a friend. I joined a tribe out of loyalty to friends who were in it, and I do my best to stay out of the politics out of loyalty to people like Vic, who is the ONLY person bringing action to the moors in any significant level. While I don't understand why there are so many freep spy toons logged into the moors creepside, I do know they are relatively easy to mislead or ignore so I don't lose sleep or blood pressure points over it.
    Nodeninja

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    Let me give you what I call my Swift perspective first:

    I was out in the Moors for 20 minutes today and what I saw is certainly what is going on for the other 23 hrs and 40 min of the day.
    My bad, it's likely engaging, active PvP, that I constantly miss out on. Shucks. Must be my luck. The convenience is real.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    2,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporto View Post
    Actually, the Tolkien estate is who keeps creeps pent up in the moors.

    Frankly, all one has to do to understand why I started this topic is raid creepside. The amount of heartfelt hate towards opposing players is alarming. I'll fully admit to having players I couldn't stand in my day, and maybe old age is catching up to me and mellowing me out, but when there are 12-24 freeps in the moors giving us something to do, the level of animosity towards them is pretty discouraging, especially when one of them, Vic, is someone who I did and still do consider a friend. I joined a tribe out of loyalty to friends who were in it, and I do my best to stay out of the politics out of loyalty to people like Vic, who is the ONLY person bringing action to the moors in any significant level. While I don't understand why there are so many freep spy toons logged into the moors creepside, I do know they are relatively easy to mislead or ignore so I don't lose sleep or blood pressure points over it.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,372
    Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    Yeah Node, I can honestly say most of these new batch of creeps have to be some of the most pathetic I've witnessed in all my years moorsing, esp the defenders of Good TA brigade when there is a couple freeps that want to 1v1 when there is no freeps on to help put together a fighting force and they have like 10-12 creeps zerging, like jeez, get a life lol. Creeps are at their highest peak of power since forever and they still feel compelled to play that way. From what I noticed, when Vic/etc. ends up getting a good group of freeps together to contend with their zerging and constant op flipping, they usually log when a challenge is posed. I don't mind what they do, people are gonna play the way they play and you cant change it, but I just think its pathetic personally. Genbu and Aeons would be turning over in their proverbially lotro graves if they saw what was happening now.
    How people play back then and how they play now is the same. The only difference is how we see things, after a certain amount of time. The mechanics have changed, but how we play hasn't. We were only lucky in having a handful of people make use of the play ground called the Ettenmoors.
    [color=maroon][size=1][center]Clown • Reject • Gigabytes[/center][/size][/color]

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by the_blah View Post
    How people play back then and how they play now is the same. The only difference is how we see things, after a certain amount of time. The mechanics have changed, but how we play hasn't. We were only lucky in having a handful of people make use of the play ground called the Ettenmoors.
    I dont know if you can really say that. I will agree we were fortunate enough to have had a slew of great players come through our Moors to make it fun and entertaining for both sides. Many people then were a different breed of players and only a few remain; we used to have NA game-wide recognition for how our players are from transfers, and would have people post about wanting to come here. We've lost a lot of great quality players that made the Ettenmoors, the Moors. You said so yourself, Clown, it's the handful of people that make it up, and we've lost a lot of that quality over the years, we only view it the way we do because of that and mechanical flaws obviously. It's because the mechanics have changed that there is less people and from people leaving :P. I'm sure the Moors would be in better shape on our server if a lot of the old greats were here to make it what you can make it, but obviously would be nowhere near where it used to be book 12 days, moria, etc.

    I'll even give you examples of players that revolutionized the Gladden Moors, but came here from transferring because of our past reputation: Deltron, Nodeninja, Aris, Kissethr on his champ, etc, to name a few. These guys had some positive impacts to our Moors, and it's only because of what was in our past that we were able to achieve that. Lack of those players however that made our Moors and mechanical changes have destroyed that though, but we can only do so much now :/. One can only reminisce and try to make what is given to us in the Moors as fun as possible, individually and as a whole.
    Last edited by joshy8910; Aug 18 2014 at 01:46 AM.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    ettenmoors
    Posts
    1,250
    Can't wait to log in and play with you again Noden. Brings me back to the good old days

    Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    I wish they'd let me loose on Bree Town or Moria. I'd give you a taste of your own medicine.. hahaha
    Maybe then I could get some free points while doing this stupid turbine PVE grind... I think you're onto something gungun
    Last edited by DeathDemon07; Aug 18 2014 at 12:44 PM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#000080][I][B]Lieutenant Hydrain[/B][/I][/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR=#800000][I]Task Master Hydran[/I] [/COLOR][/B]
    [/CENTER]

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson TX
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    Velvetsixteen > Misadventure

    Hurry up and show those Freeps where their Win Buttons are so Velvet can come help me kill em all.. More and more are finally figuring it out every day...

    Quote Originally Posted by DeathDemon07 View Post
    I think you're onto something gungun
    On to, or On something? We can dream..
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload