We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Healing Frustrations

After arranging for our kin to get most of our players to Moria, we plunged in as a party. 2 DPS, one Champ tanking and me thinking I could heal on my RK. I've already leveled one RK to max as dps and knew the class really well.

Healing should be easy right? Um no, not really. I hated it and switched back to DPS in less than an hour. In wow I had healbot which gave me a simple display and interface for healing that I could easily work with and customize. Years of tab targetting were working against me. I could barely figure out who needed healing, then hit the appropriate F key for that player, in fact most times I missed the right key and ended up either casting a heal on the wrong person or deselecting a target and then performing a self heal.

I know I'm doing this wrong, but I really wish game devs would allow us to set a flag in the options that allows tab targetting of party members if you're in a healing spec.

I'm frustrated. I want this toon to heal because I don't need another DPS RK but as it stands, the F keys just won't cut it, not to mention I shudder to think about what healing a raid must be like.

I don't suppose there's a healbot for LOTRO?

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000004e1e46/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [center][COLOR="#FFD700"]Broken Signature provided by Turbine Quality Control[/COLOR][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Moorgar View Post

Roll a minstrel, go blue line and resonance stance, target yourself, and spam two aoe heals-Triumphant spirit, Bolster courage, bolster courage, bolster courage, etc.......it's all you need for most content, these days.

Otherwise, you could try moving your fellowship mini panel in ui to clicking distance, watch the bars, and click on fellows and use your keyboard for skills.

RKs do more pro-active healing so you need to anticipate more. Healing on RK in level 50s is a bit harder than later when you get all your points. But it's a lot more interesting than minis are now
    Last edited by Calta; Aug 09 2014 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moorgar View Post
    After arranging for our kin to get most of our players to Moria, we plunged in as a party. 2 DPS, one Champ tanking and me thinking I could heal on my RK. I've already leveled one RK to max as dps and knew the class really well.

Healing should be easy right? Um no, not really. I hated it and switched back to DPS in less than an hour. In wow I had healbot which gave me a simple display and interface for healing that I could easily work with and customize. Years of tab targetting were working against me. I could barely figure out who needed healing, then hit the appropriate F key for that player, in fact most times I missed the right key and ended up either casting a heal on the wrong person or deselecting a target and then performing a self heal.

I know I'm doing this wrong, but I really wish game devs would allow us to set a flag in the options that allows tab targetting of party members if you're in a healing spec.

I'm frustrated. I want this toon to heal because I don't need another DPS RK but as it stands, the F keys just won't cut it, not to mention I shudder to think about what healing a raid must be like.

I have healed in raids on my lvl 100 RK. Maybe it was my 3years playing it, but it is very easy.

Healing shouldn't be easy, no.

I've been a raid healer from the beginning. I click on the green health bars rather than use an F key, and simply click on the one going down in health then cast my heal. As an RK you have a group wide bubble too that's incredible and I'm jealous on my minstrel. It takes practice like with anything, but even back from the old days of raiding where it took a lot of skill to single target heal 12 people between 2 healers I found it fun and exciting.

I understand wanting the game to tell you who to heal, but I hope lotro doesn't ever institute that. It's lost a lot of the challenge and fun to being a healer already (especially with a minstrel, but also with an RK) and if they institute a heal bot they really don't need me to participate at that point.
    [CENTER]I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 100 Minstrel R10 ~ Barloren, 100 LM R5 ~ Teelara, 100 Cappy ~ The Storm Crusaders[/CENTER]

The OP should get a Woodworker to make them some Nestad Parchments. The parchment will set the Epic for the Ages Critical Chance to 100%. Also Max out 'Truly Epic': 'Critcal Heals will provide a Splash Heal to those around the EFTA Target (30% at Max).'

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    Healing shouldn't be easy, no.

I've been a raid healer from the beginning. I click on the green health bars rather than use an F key, and simply click on the one going down in health then cast my heal. As an RK you have a group wide bubble too that's incredible and I'm jealous on my minstrel. It takes practice like with anything, but even back from the old days of raiding where it took a lot of skill to single target heal 12 people between 2 healers I found it fun and exciting.

I understand wanting the game to tell you who to heal, but I hope lotro doesn't ever institute that. It's lost a lot of the challenge and fun to being a healer already (especially with a minstrel, but also with an RK) and if they institute a heal bot they really don't need me to participate at that point.
    I do exactly the same when healing on my RK, the F keys are a pain and after awhile you become quite skilled targeting a player's Morale bar and you'll even be able to remove poisons, use self motivate on yourself, remove corruptions and all in the blink of an eye and a triumphant flick of the wrist etc. I love it.

So go into your keymap options and put tab for "Select Next Player"? The function is already there.

But tab targeting and the like takes too long anyway. Just click the smaller green bar, hit heal key, etc.

Or even easier, target the boss ya'll are fighting, with skill target forwarding, the heals hit whomever the boss is hitting without changing targets yourself.
    [center]Click here for our community [url=https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0As1T2ZXLPqhTdE05T21qYklYRFF3emVuM18zTnU0aGc&hl=en]LOTRO store pricelist, conversion rates and pictures[/url], please contribute too![/center]