We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Legendary weapons

I have a problem getting a particular line of Legendary Weapons. I have 9 toons, all Guardians. When out doing quests and hunting in the environment I always seem to get everybody else's weapons. I am a one handed sword user and never, ever get a Guardians One Handed Sword. Always Minstrel or Burglar or Hunters swords, but never a Guardians sword. Why is that? Do Minstrels get everything but Minstrel weapons? Or Burglars get all but Burglar weapons? And there are never any Guardians One Handed Swords in the AH. And NO I am not going two handed. I am quite successful with a sword and shield. Just wondering if it's just my own bad luck or if it's a problem with other classes as well. BTW I play on Meneldor server in case anyone wants to start putting one handed guardian swords in the AH.

I've noticed as well that my classes normally get much more of other classes items than of their own. Whether that is planned, or it just seems like it (there are a lot more other classes items than there are your specific class if you think about it...) is up for debate.

I play on Meneldor as well and have a large stockpile of guardian stuff (since my guardian can't use it yet).

I might see about putting some of them on the AH .

It's a psychological affect. Everyone gets the same, but since you notice all those others, it seems you get less of what you are looking for. Then it becomes emotional, strength of memories are based on degree of emotion, so now your mind "remembers" all those others, but not all the ones for your class which are routine/not impactful.

Conversely, if you don't care that you get others, literally don't even notice them, and delight when you get matching ones, it'll seem reversed, but this is unnatural for most to do, and in making the effort can enforce the former.

Nothing like bias, eh?
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Random drops are not the only way to get the weapons you are looking for, try going to the 21st hall in moria or in Bree or the docks in Lothlorien, the traders at those location will trade either Rusted Dwarf Tools or Khuzdul Tablets for level 53 - 59 Legendary Weapons or Items. if you want a level 59 1st age weapon or Item you will have to do some group instances to get the barterable tokens or hope that something drops in that instance.

There are other locations in different regions where they will barter for 3rd age weapons and items with the baterable tokens of the region, usually 61 - 69.

Quote Originally Posted by cudaboy2 View Post
    I have a problem getting a particular line of Legendary Weapons. I have 9 toons, all Guardians. When out doing quests and hunting in the environment I always seem to get everybody else's weapons. I am a one handed sword user and never, ever get a Guardians One Handed Sword. Always Minstrel or Burglar or Hunters swords, but never a Guardians sword. Why is that? Do Minstrels get everything but Minstrel weapons? Or Burglars get all but Burglar weapons? And there are never any Guardians One Handed Swords in the AH. And NO I am not going two handed. I am quite successful with a sword and shield. Just wondering if it's just my own bad luck or if it's a problem with other classes as well. BTW I play on Meneldor server in case anyone wants to start putting one handed guardian swords in the AH.
    There are nine playable classes. Assuming that over a period of time legendary items drop for each class at an equal rate, 1 out of every 9 LI's that drop for you will be for your class, the other 8 out of 9 will be for the other classes. On top of that, there are multiple different LI's that can drop for your class. As a Guard, you have one of the largest lists of LI's. For weapons you have two handed axes, clubs, hammers and swords, and one handed daggers, axes, clubs, hammers and swords, plus belts. So you have a 1 in 9 chance that an LI for a Guard will drop at all, and when it does, you have a 1 in 10 chance that it will be a one handed sword. If your strategy for finding new one handed swords is to wait for them to drop as loot, you won't find many.

If you don't have a guilded weaponsmith character that can craft one hand sword LI's you still have a couple of options to get one hand sword LI's without relying on loot drops.

If you have enough relic shards, any Relic Master NPC can "meld" one hand sword LI's for you, but only for certain character exp levels. Look under the Melding tab on Relic Master NPC's, near the bottom of the list will be Third Age LI weapons and class items for every class, but only some weapon types are available. You can make relic shards by making crafted relics and using a Relic Master to refine them into shards. You can also refine any other LI relics into shards but depending on how many relics you have, refining crafted relics may be a better option. High tier relics give more shards, low tier relics give fewer shards.

Some reputation factions have barter NPC's whom you can barter tokens to for LI's. The tokens will be from quest rewards in the appropriate region and there will probably be a reputation requirement before you can barter for LI's from the faction NPC. The character exp level of the LI's from faction NPC's will be appropriate to the character exp level of the zone the faction is in.

All LI's have the same chance of having good/bad legacies when you identify them, no matter how you get them. Melded and bartered LI's are the same.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

[QUOTE=Stax_Daniel1;7218979]I've noticed as well that my classes normally get much more of other classes items than of their own.

^ this. To get 1 legendary for my champ i first get 30 legendaries from all other classes...very frustrating.

I've had the same issue from Eastemnet onwards, I've also seen the same complaint made in other threads about the drop rate bug. I can get 1 or 2 mini LI's out in DA after playing a couple of hours. But if I goto say moria or mirkwood the droprate on my class specific LI's is 50/50.