We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: exploit or not?

exploit or not?

was in dev killed three npc healed all way up then this dude named woopie stuns me what ever this is log for kill i never got one shot off couldnt move skills inop nothing i have 43k health u decide Woopie scored a critical hit with Surprise Strike on Indianarrow for 10,542 Beleriand damage to Morale.Woopie incapacitated you.Woopie scored a hit with a melee attack on Indianarrow for 584 Beleriand damage to Morale.Woopie scored a critical hit with a melee attack on Indianarrow for 694 Ancient Dwarf-make damage to Morale.Woopie scored a hit with Improved Feint Attack on Indianarrow for 1,648 Beleriand damage to Morale. tell me turbin, sap. how im to enjoy a game when no one does anything, then i get message from someone in chat saying this, that's slowbo, known exploiter. when all i asked in ooc was for someone to explain to me how this damge adds up? I hope I get better two hunny, facts are facts and trolls are trolls.

Coup de Grace doesn't show up in your combat log if it is used from stealth.
    [B]Evernight|Ronaldweasley r9[/B]
    [B]Gladden|Gurznat r8[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by houseofcards View Post
    Coup de Grace doesn't show up in your combat log if it is used from stealth.
    That's exactly what I told him in OOC when he first started complaining. Apparently he took it to the forums instead of listening.
    Arkenstone: Blulum (r12 Reaver), Tumblytwo-1 (r10 Champion), Gnaral (r7 Warg) - Nefarious

R.I.P. "The Blood Hand" 05/21/14

Wait. You guys actually understood that post? Impressive!

I would have to say it is not an exploit (WAI) but that it does need to be reported via /BUG that some attacks are not being recorded in the logs.

ALL attacks against you that do damage are supposed to be reported in the combat log so that you can see what happened during a fight. If one skill is not being recorded then it is probably an oversight and needs to be fixed.
    [CENTER][B][I][COLOR=yellow]LOTRO proves that Middle Earth is Hobbit Forming![/COLOR][/I][/B][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Jadowyn View Post
    I would have to say it is not an exploit (WAI) but that it does need to be reported via /BUG that some attacks are not being recorded in the logs.

ALL attacks against you that do damage are supposed to be reported in the combat log so that you can see what happened during a fight. If one skill is not being recorded then it is probably an oversight and needs to be fixed.
    I notice that in my log if I one shot something it shows no damage. Like in HV if I clock a limrafn and kill it one shot and it reflect one shots me neither damage shows in the log. I know it used to because in Mirkwood I would one shot every creep on the server and it showed the damage in the log.
    Ughidontknow rnk 14 hunter...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

Quote Originally Posted by Jadowyn View Post

It's not exclusive to Coup de Grace. Any attack coming out of stealth doesn't register in the combat logs of the players it hits, and it's been that way from the beginning. Hell, I remember being pissed at level 65 when I'd one shot creeps on my hunter from camo and know they wouldn't see how much damage was done. The damage doesn't even float over their head if I remember right.

If it's a bug, it's been known for years and they either don't know how to fix it or don't care to.

Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post
    I notice that in my log if I one shot something it shows no damage. Like in HV if I clock a limrafn and kill it one shot and it reflect one shots me neither damage shows in the log. I know it used to because in Mirkwood I would one shot every creep on the server and it showed the damage in the log.
    Side Note: If something is killed by an attack, it cannot reflect that attack even if the damage it would have done is reported as doing so in the log.
    (Hence I was unable to one-shot the Thangulad skirmish troll with a 5 MILLION+ damage reflect )
    [SIZE=3][b]Leader of [COLOR="#FFD700"]The Rangers of Eriador[/COLOR], Snowbourn[/b][/SIZE]
    [color=#00BF00]Brya, Balthelion, Fyore, Iarngard, Madic, Eoradain, Trystana, Pendalas, Kharmul, Arkunir, Holibrand, Tifridh, Freawyn, Adlanniel, Tiraniel, Lilija, Theda[/color]
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0szyANQhriMn42fCDdke1EMAOcdzmr9v"]Let's Play LOTRO (YouTube Series)[/URL] ~ [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?461498-The-Rangers-of-Eriador"]Kin Info/Recruitment[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by BLOODYWINE View Post
    was in dev killed three npc healed all way up then this dude named woopie stuns me what ever this is log for kill i never got one shot off couldnt move skills inop nothing i have 43k health u decide Woopie scored a critical hit with Surprise Strike on Indianarrow for 10,542 Beleriand damage to Morale.Woopie incapacitated you.Woopie scored a hit with a melee attack on Indianarrow for 584 Beleriand damage to Morale.Woopie scored a critical hit with a melee attack on Indianarrow for 694 Ancient Dwarf-make damage to Morale.Woopie scored a hit with Improved Feint Attack on Indianarrow for 1,648 Beleriand damage to Morale. tell me turbin, sap. how im to enjoy a game when no one does anything, then i get message from someone in chat saying this, that's slowbo, known exploiter. when all i asked in ooc was for someone to explain to me how this damge adds up? I hope I get better two hunny, facts are facts and trolls are trolls.
    Uhm, that was a hard read... oO
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar R14
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Brya View Post
    Side Note: If something is killed by an attack, it cannot reflect that attack even if the damage it would have done is reported as doing so in the log.
    (Hence I was unable to one-shot the Thangulad skirmish troll with a 5 MILLION+ damage reflect )
    Once there was a really really bad group in that skirm and the trolls boss hit me for 52 million...keep telling myself just walk it off.
    Ughidontknow rnk 14 hunter...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"