We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Berephon's Milhavior book 5!

For those like me that have been eagerly awaiting Jonathan "Berephon" Rudder's final Milhavior book, The Flame and the Shadow, I've heard that the book is done and will be available at Indiana's GenCon this coming weekend! Sadly, I live way too far away to get a copy for myself so I'll have to wait until it's available via regular sources.

If you don't know about the Milhavior books and you're looking for an excellent read, I can't recommend The Milhavior Chronicles more highly. I can honestly say the first 4 books - Sharamitaro, The Road to Elekar, A Howl on the Wind, The Winds of a Rising Storm - were some of the most engaging that I've experienced in decades. Just read Sharamitaro and you'll be compelled to get the rest of the series. I've happily placed the Milhavior books right next to my Tolkien hard cover collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoroval View Post
    For those like me that have been eagerly awaiting Jonathan "Berephon" Rudder's final Milhavior book, The Flame and the Shadow, I've heard that the book is done and will be available at Indiana's GenCon this coming weekend! Sadly, I live way too far away to get a copy for myself so I'll have to wait until it's available via regular sources.

If you don't know about the Milhavior books and you're looking for an excellent read, I can't recommend The Milhavior Chronicles more highly. I can honestly say the first 4 books - Sharamitaro, The Road to Elekar, A Howl on the Wind, The Winds of a Rising Storm - were some of the most engaging that I've experienced in decades. Just read Sharamitaro and you'll be compelled to get the rest of the series. I've happily placed the Milhavior books right next to my Tolkien hard cover collection.
    Thanks for the shout out, Thoroval.

It is currently available on barnesandnoble .com and should appear on Amazon.com and other online booksellers soon.

The Flame and the Shadow went to print Monday night. We had it drop shipped to our hotel at GenCon--it arrived Friday morning. Talk about pushing the deadline to the limit! Jonathan was not able to attend this year, but three of the RudderHaven authors--Douglas Rudder (me), Sheri Rudder, and C. K. Deatherage--handled the booth. It was one of our better years; book five of the Milhavior Chronicles helped make it so.

[edit]The Flame and the Shadow is now showing on Amazon as well.
    Last edited by phaelan2; Aug 18 2014 at 11:23 PM.

Thumbs up

Added Berephon's books and Phaelan's Tolkien book to my wishlist
    Kibilturg; Watchers of Elendil (Landroval) & Tarciryan Knights (Crickhollow)
    RIP Imladris

Added to my wishlist, but is there any chance of an e-book? These days my bookshelves are full and most of my new book purchases are for my nook.
    Y gwir yn erbyn y byd

Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulSong View Post
    Added to my wishlist, but is there any chance of an e-book? These days my bookshelves are full and most of my new book purchases are for my nook.
    Unfortunately, the first three books in Berephon's series were done in an older composition program, so it will take time for me to convert them to the new program, verify the conversion is clean, then convert them to ebook. Right now, we've only been doing Kindle, but aim to expand to other formats in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by phaelan2 View Post
    Unfortunately, the first three books in Berephon's series were done in an older composition program, so it will take time for me to convert them to the new program, verify the conversion is clean, then convert them to ebook. Right now, we've only been doing Kindle, but aim to expand to other formats in the future.
    That would be great. I love love love my Nook. I chose it over the Kindle mainly cause of price and features I didn't really need. Of course the first things I downloaded were The Hobbit and the Lotr trilogy.
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

We will be at the Ashville Viking Festival in Ashville, Ohio on April 25-26, running the RudderHaven booth. Berephon won't be able to be there this time, but his books will be.

Elwen2 and I will appearing as authors in Artist Alley at the Wizard World Comic Con - St. Louis this weekend (May 22-24). Once again, Berephon will not be able to attend, but we will have The Milhavior Chronicles available. If you are attending this year, stop by and say hi!

http://www.wizardworld.com/sherirudder.html
    http://www.wizardworld.com/douglasrudder.html

http://www.wizardworld.com/home-stlouis.html

We're looking forward to GenCon next week. Elwen2 and I, along with our daughter, will be in Author's Avenue again this year. Our new RudderHaven anthology is not out yet (it will come out this fall in time for Archon 39), but we'll have:

The RudderHaven Science Fiction and Fantasy anthology I and II
    The complete Milhavior Chronicles (Sharamitaro, The Road to Elekar, A Howl on the Wind, Winds of a Rising Storm, The Flame and the Shadow)
    Tolkien: Roncevaux, Ethandune, and Middle-earth
    Tales with a Twist
    Waysmeet: Poems and Tales of Fantasy and Wonder
    The Shadow of the Bear.

Hope to see you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Thoroval View Post

Thanks for the kind words, Thoroval! (Yes, I'm Berephon in my new non-dev persona. Didn't get to keep my forum name, despite it being a character from my books. I'll have to see if Frelorn can get my name changed.) The Flame and the Shadow is live and available through all major online sources.

Obviously, my reply is long in coming (actually just remembered my password for my player account on the forums. It's been a while.) My next project is a tabletop fantasy RPG (with a new system.) More info can be found at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...hattered-earth. It's something that I've been working on for a long time, and now that I have the freedom to do so, I'm putting a lot more time into it.

Jonathan Rudder
    Former Resident Wordsmith & Lore-monkey