We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Training Exercise Library

My Loremaster is having extreme difficulty with the training exercise quest for the Dol Amroth library. She can take down the first two corsairs, but the three at the fountain take her down. I have tried not to aggro the third
    corsair, so I only have two to deal with but can't seem to accomplish that. Is there another way to the library? I seem to be missing something. I tried kiting but that didn't work either.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the link JeauxLOTR.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000008d3ed/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Azzurra, check the quest tasks for the library training exercise carefully. You do not need to defeat every corsair in the instance to complete the quest.

If the "three at the fountain" are "vandals" then you only need to defeat them if you have a quest task to save some statues. I think that's a typo by Turbine. The task says to save some statues by defeating the vandals, but the vandals are smashing some fountains, not statues.

If you don't have that task, just stay away from the vandals and they won't bother you. If you do have the statues task, you may want to clear out the other corsairs in the area first to give yourself some clear space for kiting. One point to note is that there are two sets of vandals, so if you're not careful you may aggro one set of vandals before you're ready to deal with them.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

My personal tactic for that particular pull, if you have to do it, is to open with a Cracked Earth and run backwards, when rooted stun one and start laying into another from range with Bog lurker and single target skills. You should be able to nuke that down while 1 is rooted and 1 is stunned. Once first is dead, take the rooted one and repeat, refreshing the stun on the other. Once 2nd dead obviously the 3rd is a doddle
    Eadreid Champion 105 || Eadrun Loremaster 105 || Gillorin Guardian 105

Definitely can't run in there guns a blazing. Take a min to watch the pathing corsairs to see who is chained together. There are chained npcs throughout all of the training instances. There may be times you seen one lone thug/archer but know there are 2 others tied to that npc. There also can be elite pathers, they are single. Like has been said, use your cc skills on those vandals after you clear out some of the other npcs to create some space. Also if things get out of hand, you can run right for the library door and enter. That can give you a chance to heal up/cool-downs/etc. then head back out to the courtyard to finish off a quest you have out there. Another thing is to always check your back side, there are no red dots on your mini map so you can have pathers come from behind as you are fighting with some in front of you. Another helpful thing in these is the "delete key" to target objects. Sometimes they can be difficult to spot.

Anything you can CC you can kill. Three big anythings is as simple as Blinding Flash, Call to the Valar, switch targets, Blinding Flash, switch targets, start killing third target. Watch Blinding Flash cooldown, switch to first target, Blinding Flash, switch back to target you are killing, watch cooldown, switch to second target, Blinding Flash, go back to target you are killing. You can do this for as long as it takes to kill your three targets. If there are more than three use Cracked Earth roots. Cracked Earth only has a 25% chance of breaking if the target takes damage where Herb-lore has a 50% chance of breaking. If you time your Cracked Earth delayed application with the root experation, you can keep multiple targets perma-rooted and kill them at your leisure.

I level 10 Loremaster can solo the level 15 warg that roams around Chetwood near Bree if you know how to CC.

The first time I went to the Library Training instance, my LM died as well. It was nice to know that Turbine was making some instance that I had to think about the pulls instead of just nuking everything and watching them burn.
    Elendilmir - Officer of the Mithril Crowns (The Oldest Kinship in LOTRO)

"It doesn't matter how well you play, only how good you look while playing."

Quote Originally Posted by Aelin-uial View Post
    Anything you can CC you can kill. Three big anythings is as simple as Blinding Flash, Call to the Valar, switch targets, Blinding Flash, switch targets, start killing third target. Watch Blinding Flash cooldown, switch to first target, Blinding Flash, switch back to target you are killing, watch cooldown, switch to second target, Blinding Flash, go back to target you are killing. You can do this for as long as it takes to kill your three targets. If there are more than three use Cracked Earth roots. Cracked Earth only has a 25% chance of breaking if the target takes damage where Herb-lore has a 50% chance of breaking. If you time your Cracked Earth delayed application with the root experation, you can keep multiple targets perma-rooted and kill them at your leisure.

I level 10 Loremaster can solo the level 15 warg that roams around Chetwood near Bree if you know how to CC.

The first time I went to the Library Training instance, my LM died as well. It was nice to know that Turbine was making some instance that I had to think about the pulls instead of just nuking everything and watching them burn.
    Exactly. I'll repost what I posted on a similar topic:

"Cracked earth, bane flare, blinding flash, BE Slows, tar, WoTC, and Water-Lore are your friend. Loremasters have far more of an advantage on these instances than any other light armor class."

You can keep 3 mobs permanently away from you with cracked earth, you can keep two mobs permanently mezzed with Blinding flash. You can keep multiple mobs (depends on LI legacy) mezzed for 15 seconds with baneflare. This is not to mention slows, pets, or the fact that you can easily heal through a great amount of dps with Water-Lore, and you have a huge insta-self heal with Wisdom of the Council.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Landroval~

~Rank 12 Warg, Landroval~

Smile Update: Saved the Books

My LoreMaster finally finished the quest. Running into the library as opposed to trying to fight all the corsairs was the way to go.
    She gulped a cup of coffee and ran right through the two man library guard. Did not aggro the fountain crew this time. Her second pull in the library almost sent her to the rez circle.
    She had to run outside, bane flare the guards, take a breather,
    and let the bear aggro the guard. Whew. Back in again, and this time was able to manage the rest of the corsairs. This time I remembered to use SOP: Righteousness and lots of water lore.
    Finishing off the boss was the easy part as he had no minions to guard him.

My thanks to everyone.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000008d3ed/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]