We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

These graphics bugs are REALLY bugging me now

I do not know what's wrong with it...

Quote Originally Posted by Enzaraen

I do not know what's wrong with it...
    Both screen shots show you in "layers" -these are known to have graphics issues.
    Make certain to submit a bug using the in-game /bug command or otherwise capture the /loc information which will pinpoint the layer where the problem is located. These layer problems happen to both PC and Mac clients.

You can add screenshots by replying to the confirmation email you get. ... or if you have the /loc information, you can use the "Submit a bug" drop down on the Forum page and append the screenshot there.

One trick -type /loc in the chat window THEN take the screenshot.
    Bill Magill Mac Player
    (OTG)
    Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valanne - Beorning (90)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (104)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (91)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

And more, I froze, all my UI went invisible and this: (this was in the moors, so no layers)

EDIT: I think my burg is tripping, look at those flowers on the trees hehe.

OK I logged back on, moved 1 step and crashed immediately.

/sigh, they are just getting worse and worse. I have to put on very low graphics even though I can play this game on high w/ no lag.

I installed the steam version to see if it made a difference: no it didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzaraen View Post
    /sigh, they are just getting worse and worse. I have to put on very low graphics even though I can play this game on high w/ no lag.

I installed the steam version to see if it made a difference: no it didn't.
    There is no difference between the Turbine download and the Steam Version.

What is your platform?
    How much RAM?
    What graphics card and how much memory does it have?

Try resetting your graphics to the Default settings --

In the LAUNCHER, clic on the triangle - selection Options - select the "Repair" tab.
    Check "Reset the game display settings"
    Click "Restore Defaults"
    Click "Yes" (Are you sure you want to reset the default Launcher settings"
    Click OK to clear the Options panel.

Now login.

Answer "Yes" - Are you sure you want to reset your game graphics settings to defaults?

Amongst other things, this will reset your client to Full Screen mode.
    If you are like me and prefer to play with a LARGE window (I have a 27 inch iMac), open the Options in-game and un-check "full screen, then resize your window accordingly.
    Then QUIT to save those options.
    Do NOT try to play the game at this point as any changes you make, other than the full reset, are not saved to disk until you quit cleanly.

Now, log back in again and see how things work.

Note that playing the game on high or Ultra-high graphics settings has nothing to do with Lag.... it's all about the graphics crashing the client!
    Bill Magill Mac Player
    (OTG)
    Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valanne - Beorning (90)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valanne - Beorning (91)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

All about the fun!"

I'll follow those steps, however on reinstalling I came across this message:

The thing is, i've been playing it ok since July 21st ish. Now it has gone awol and is bugging out on me :/

Quote Originally Posted by Enzaraen View Post
    The thing is, i've been playing it ok since July 21st ish. Now it has gone awol and is bugging out on me :/
    I suspect you may have, quite literally, "burned out" your graphics chips.
    LOTRO "runs hot" -- it is very demanding of Graphics setups.
    MacBooks themselves traditionally "run hot" - users are constantly complaining that games like LOTRO cause the fans to run constantly.
    Various third party vendors have come up with all kinds of "stands" to hold your laptop up and force additional air through it. This was true long ago (circa 2006) before I toasted my own MacBook Pro. Way back then, I played LOTRO via CrossOver Games (WINE) on my MBP.

More on MPB Fans and how the Ambient (i.e. room) temperature of air is important. That is to say, if the room temperature is 90 degrees F, the internal temperature of the MBP can never get below that! Which is only 5 degrees below the "Operating Temperature" of the MBP.

Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)

Learn about the fans in your Mac
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4543

Mac notebooks: Operating temperature
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1778

If you have Apple Care, I would strongly suggest you have Apple run diagnostics on the Graphics. Of course, this assumes that they actually have such diagnostics. Apple has been using TechTool pro as their diagnostic tool, which is basically pathetic. I had an iMac with a totally dead disk drive -- it would not spin-up to boot -- but the Apple Store diagnostics passed it with flying colors! Fortunately the tech was quite experienced and had a stethoscope and could hear that the drive was not spinning on power-up.

Graphics are notoriously difficult to test and diagnose when you do not have access to the Vendor's drivers and controller software. This is complicated further by the fact that Apple does NOT consider gamers a significant market, or at least not a market that they are interested in. (When was the last time any gaming company demoed at the WWDC?)

From what I can find via Google, you seem to be stuck with Apple's claims about this MacBook Pro model (Intel Iris), but which has been denied by user experiences.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/...om-intels-iris
    hebapou: While they did improve GPU performance on the low end, the only option they have with a discrete GPU is very expensive.

Since I like to play games, the new line of laptop from Apple are too expensive for me. Maybe it will be better later on, but even the Iris Pro GPU is very low end in terms of GPU performance. Those laptops are good as long as you dont plan to play games on them

When they "re-did" the recommended system specs last year, Turbine commented specifically about Intel graphics.

Intel integrated chipsets are good basic graphics solutions, but not ideal for gaming. If you’re using an older Intel integrated video solution you may experience poor performance and low frame rates on even modest settings. If you are using a newer Intel chipset, and the game reports that you can use DirectX 10 or 11 modes, we recommend not enabling these. Doing so may cause some graphical elements to display oddly or not display at all.
    Why? One reason is visible in this Note from Apple
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3246?v...S&locale=en_US
    Intel Iris Graphics
    Apple computers using Intel Iris Graphics as the primary GPU dynamically allocates up to 1.5 GB of system memory.
    Basically, this means that graphics processing power is severely limited because the Graphics Chips do NOT have dedicated memory.

Good luck tracking down your problem. But the fact that it worked for a while and then quit implies that a component is not performing correctly.
    Bill Magill Mac Player
    (OTG)
    Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valanne - Beorning (90)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valanne - Beorning (91)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

All about the fun!"

Deleted LotRo and running off Steam now, no graphics problems. Regarding the graphics chip, it said the same thing when I first installed LotRO the day I got my laptop.