We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A small chat.

Quote Originally Posted by motumbo View Post
    See! Right.There. that's exactly what I mean.. that elitist "snob"had the exact same opinion.
    You might want to explain this comment lest I misinterpret it.

I'd like to think you aren't calling me that.

Quote Originally Posted by Warspite_48 View Post
    You might want to explain this comment lest I misinterpret it.

I'd like to think you aren't calling me that.
    No, if I thought you were an elitist snob .. I would have said it 3 posts ago... lets look at that last post... I want you to look at the beginning, when your talking about you first comming to the moors.. and then the part I quoted.. do you see the transition of thought? Do you see the shift, your not the only one who thinks like this sometimes ( i do too... scalers are sooo squishy). We all have to make time for everyone... even if it sucks.

EDIT: Maybe we shouldn't view greenies as greenies but as ( fill in blank of good player you know) view them optimistically.
    Last edited by motumbo; Aug 12 2014 at 03:49 PM.

It would be beneficial, in the long run, if people took the time to help greenies on either side. If new people/greenies come out to the Moors to check things out and end up leaving because no one wants to group with them and help them learn the ropes out there, it's not just their lose, it's ours too. If you want to see the Moors as anything more than a mostly empty space down the road, they should be thought of as an investment in keeping the Moors active. We've all been greenies at one time. We know it's not a lot of fun getting blown up every time you venture away from GV or Grams alone because no one wants you in a group or will take the time to offer advice.

Since we want and are trying to make this Server a better place for the PvmP why don't Freep side and Creep side start making videos of the action here on Arkenstone when Raids are out and put them up for all Servers to see?? Maybe then we will draw more players from all over to here and increase the Action rate on this server Just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Riiza5 View Post
    Since we want and are trying to make this Server a better place for the PvmP why don't Freep side and Creep side start making videos of the action here on Arkenstone when Raids are out and put them up for all Servers to see?? Maybe then we will draw more players from all over to here and increase the Action rate on this server Just an idea.
    I have footage already of Arcanum but not yet enough for a good 10 minute long video. Need more good outnumbered fights to get more video :/

How about if we started a couple of new threads under the Arkenstone PvMP Freep and Creep sections with tips and advice for new players? Then, when a new player has questions, you could refer them to the threads where there would be lots of helpful information.

Quote Originally Posted by Karbion View Post
    I have footage already of Arcanum but not yet enough for a good 10 minute long video. Need more good outnumbered fights to get more video :/
    Dejected I don't want to outnumber you and win!! Don't u know yet! I want to beat you with less! Outnumbering someone takes away from the challenge of fighting...

Outnumbering someone takes away from the challenge of fighting...
    Oh Em Gee. I must be one of those teenage girls because I can't even.
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#ffa500]Clarrow PeopleEater - R12 (finally!) BA[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ee82ee]Clarysta [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#ee82ee]- Lvl 100 Captain - Wannabe Freep R4[/COLOR]
    [I]Twitter - @clarystainsun[/I]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkerinthemist View Post
    Oh Em Gee. I must be one of those teenage girls because I can't even.
    One of my favorite BAs Clarrow!! How are ya? I was on Ark a few weeks back looking for some old faces but didn't find anyone :O

In response to all this nonsense, seems Cintona still can't keep the letters BH out of his mouth, glad we are on your mind even till this day D.

*Although i'd look at getting some professional help*

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdude101 View Post
    One of my favorite BAs Clarrow!! How are ya? I was on Ark a few weeks back looking for some old faces but didn't find anyone :O

In response to all this nonsense, seems Cintona still can't keep the letters BH out of his mouth, glad we are on your mind even till this day D.

*Although i'd look at getting some professional help*
    Come back and bring 20 of your freep friends with you so MB has something to do.
    [COLOR=#ee82ee]Clarysta [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#ee82ee]- Lvl 100 Captain - Wannabe Freep R4[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Come back and bri 20 of your freep friends with you so MB has something to do.
    You do realize if freeps have 20 peeps... and MB have 10 ( we will exclude arcanum) it will end very badly for all of us cause we won't get any fights.... let's stick with 12v14

You do realize if freeps have 20 peeps... and MB have 10 ( we will exclude arcanum) it will end very badly for all of us cause we won't get any fights.... let's stick with 12v14
    Do you realize that nowadays freeps doesn't have 20 ? and before you start coming out the only thing we fight are NPCS
    if we get lucky we can find a trio running out of gv but at the first sight of creeps they log out,
    i would love to fight 10vs20 it doesn't matter if they will camp Grams , believe me it will be more challenging than trying to solo TA and i bet that more Creeps will appear if freeps bring more people out
    "I'm probably wrong, but I'm better than you"
    -Fig Rank 12 Reaver - FigFangs Rank 9 warg - Arckana Rank 6 weaver -

Quote Originally Posted by Nouri View Post
    How about if we started a couple of new threads under the Arkenstone PvMP Freep and Creep sections with tips and advice for new players? Then, when a new player has questions, you could refer them to the threads where there would be lots of helpful information.
    Great Idea, ill start
    Tip Number 1

When flipping an outpost, do not have your only 3 healers trying to flip the flag at the same time or at all. Instead use your useless LMs, Champs, Guardians to flip. Oh and instead of standing around at the top of the stairs, try placing some CC or traps and the bottom to hinder the incoming enemy from trying to interrupt the induction.

Hope this helps so you don't get ninja flipped again.

What???? NOOOOO!!!! Where's the drama? Where's the spiteful bitterness? Where's the hate? CAN'T WE ALL JUST NOT GET ALONG??????

Clarrow! Miss you babe. You were my favorite BA to charge into a fraid with, not to mention the best intel marker for lurking freeps (your corpse beside me as I cowered in the tree-line).

All this chatter makes me miss all you lovable freeps and creeps.

My computer is up and running. Who knows, maybe someday soon you'll run across a mean reaver and find yourself punching your monitor while i dance on your corpse.

In line with Cintona's original intent I have one simple suggestion which might be worth implementing but would require coordination from both sides as well as sacrifice. Devote three or four days/nights to different themed events.

-One for mapping out toons/turn-ins on both sides. Form raids, advertise them, explain what you're doing then go flip it and afterwards (once the flipping side has all turned-in) you leave so the other side can re-flip it, which would require coordination and respect from the respective parties/leaders.

-One day devoted to roaming and exploring different areas with potential fights arranged between groups if they're out.

-One day of non-stop fights between closest rez. Size doesn't matter just mash it up

-One day of relay races with your enemy beside you. Would be a duo event/scavenger hunt or something. IDK? Timed event and you had to cover a large portion of the map

Also I'd suggest someone write a very simple thread that explains the basic adjustments to your UI necessary for PvP play, i.e. mic on, assist window, etc. Then advertise the hell out of it on glff and ooc along with linking for all the names of map spots on Ark since they vary by server.

Oh, finally random adopt a green day/week and give them a buttload of mats and help them with turn-ins.

All pretty simple stuff but would require each side foregoing the usual rundown the greenie race and respecting whatever is going on (as best as possible). Server could always turn around but after so many years of holding my breath i gave up. Freeps, divorce yourself from the notion that dying matters and that we're lurking behind every bush about to pounce you (we usually are and we usually know what you're up to). Just come out to fight, learn your damn classes instead of your survival skills and you'd have a lot more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Metrolightning View Post
    ...Lots of good stuff...
    Definitely one of your better posts, Metro. I feel like you and I could have gotten along pretty well had you not hated me so much . Anyway, I hope people take most of these suggestions and try to implement them.

p.s. Hope to see you back in game at some point...
    Last edited by vodpraetor; Aug 14 2014 at 09:02 PM.
    [FONT=Impact][COLOR=#696969]Cullin R10, Adyson R10, Praethir R9, [/COLOR] [COLOR=#add8e6]Liggins R9, Cilliann R9, Koltan R8,[/COLOR] Kolton R8, Zevin R7, Aernon R7[/FONT]

Last edited by TheTruthinator; Aug 15 2014 at 01:41 AM.

But seriously for a moment, what is keeping experienced freeps out of the Moors? Keep your response civil, don't get personal or name names, think of mechanics, map issues, Moors issues, that are keeping our freeps away. And just understand that saying "Ark creeps suck" or "Ark freeps suck" doesn't get us any where.
    [/CENTER]

But seriously for a moment, what is keeping experienced freeps out of the Moors? Keep your response civil, don't get personal or name names, think of mechanics, map issues, Moors issues, that are keeping our freeps away. And just understand that saying "Ark creeps suck" or "Ark freeps suck" doesn't get us any where.
    This probably isn't the answer you were looking for, but honestly it's probably because most experienced freeps on Arkenstone either lost interest in the game or transferred. The moors are pretty good to freeps right now in terms of balance for pretty much any play style.

Quote Originally Posted by Fafoo View Post
    This probably isn't the answer you were looking for, but honestly it's probably because most experienced freeps on Arkenstone either lost interest in the game or transferred. The moors are pretty good to freeps right now in terms of balance for pretty much any play style.

This.

Lost interest and if I was to come back would be me waiting around for weeks for others to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan607 View Post
    This.

Lost interest and if I was to come back would be me waiting around for weeks for others to return.

Ok so wait, is it that you lost interest in LotRO? Or lost interest in LotRO's pvp?
    And for others to return from Brandy? Or to come back to the game altogether?

I mean, is 1/2 the problem just that the old freeps still on Ark don't see their friends out there any more? Because I totally understand that. If I wasn't in the best tribe ever formed ( <3 Bloodloaf) I probably would have quit already.
    [/CENTER]

Ok so wait, is it that you lost interest in LotRO? Or lost interest in LotRO's pvp?
    And for others to return from Brandy? Or to come back to the game altogether?

I mean, is 1/2 the problem just that the old freeps still on Ark don't see their friends out there any more? Because I totally understand that. If I wasn't in the best tribe ever formed ( <3 Bloodloaf) I probably would have quit already.
    RL has been keeping me out for a good portion of this week. Personally I think we just need about 10 new people to play.. and maybe an extra leader online that doesn't mind pugging it up. Although idk about the creep raids... but it seems now its just arcanum , mb and taggers ... I think if we could get it too being arcanum and pug v freeps then that could spur action.. on the freeps side I'm still looking for about 4-5 more players for my kin... but, another freeps leader would really help things.

Other than that , bite your time. And try to spread the word and build ark pvp, ... if we put some group effort into it.. see what we can make

Arcanum and Co'Sang dawgz

So just to prove that we work together - waiting for the drake to spawn and take it down together.

Claiming to be experienced may be a stretch - most of my moors time has been off-peak hours, casual, so I am not high rank - but I'll throw in my two cents.

First, I have spent too much time wandering the map to end up finding nothing, finding one person who runs away (or combat logs), or getting a fight going only to have a pile get called in (though if I succeed and avoid the swarm that has its own thrill).

Duels aren't interesting both because they lack spontaneity and because people add all sorts of additional rules on skill/item use - who wants to win because their opponent held back, or lose for the same reason?

Audacity is exceptionally bad. The damage reduction makes fights take forever, gives advantage to healers, and makes the element of surprise nigh worthless on most classes. The morale insanity on both sides since HD just makes it worse. So things like flanking with small numbers - something that used to happen frequently in the TA lawn fights of yore - isn't as viable. The grind is also terrible for a casual who likes to play multiple toons; I started in the moors within a couple months of launch with WL and cappy, and eventually went to spider and warden, but there's no way I am grinding audacity out for all those, plus occasionally playing other creeps. It's a serious barrier to entry.

Since I have barely been out since HD, I don't really know how balance is now; in U12 my spider couldn't even scratch most minnies or RKs, then anyone with a defiler was invincible, now... who knows.

Questing to rank is an option, but it's kinda sad when doing PvE gets rank faster than fighting players.

If the fights were easy to find and people on both sides died I'd happily come out, but so far it seems this game has catered to people who want to PvP without dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremus View Post
    Duels aren't interesting both because they lack spontaneity and because people add all sorts of additional rules on skill/item use - who wants to win because their opponent held back, or lose for the same reason?
    By the same token, who would want to win a fight because their classes' CDs are stronger than their opponent's? I know plenty of people disagree and I won't be surprised when somebody replies to this post with an argument about 'fight clubbing' or 'ezspars' or something like that. As a freep on Brandywine I have the same trouble with running around solo as you - getting called out/mapped in on constantly. The only way to get solo action is by dealing with getting zerged 10 times for every 1 kill...or sparring. You should try the latter more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladelin View Post
    I am a newbie to pvmp on the moors. I was vip sometime ago, and made a warg. Just renewed my vip and decided to try it again. When I tried to join in I was cussed out and called a spy!

I'm sure I'm going to get flamed again, but just wanted to say that I will think twice before doing anything other than solo.

I really like Lotro because the community is generally a fun group - I was really surprised by the comments.
    This is basically what happened to my daughter when I brought her out in July, but it even went further than that. She was called a spy, a rank-farmer, then she was used as bait. It nearly got her to not want to come out anymore because she was being exploited and used and called things that were not nice to call anyone, let alone a child.

Try to have a little more tact, guys, when dealing with someone you do not know. You never know who you are talking to or about, it could be someone from freepside rolling a freaver to spy, but it could also be a legitimate player wanting to learn and your actions/words scared them away to the point of not wanting to come out again.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast