We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Out of quests at lvl 96 in Dol Amroth

Standing in Dol Amroth having just handed in the last of my quests and epic quests to Lothiriel. The quest rings on the NPCs standing around the Court of the Fountain are transparent and grey. I assume that these are part of the lvl 100 City Watch/ Tol Fennas quests.

If this looks like I'm complaining I must confess that I have only myself to blame as I took a break from the game, didn't buy Helm's Deep, used Wildermore to get me to Lvl 92 and headed for the Paths of the Dead. (For those Mini's whining about the nerfed self heals, I never met a orange or red mob I couldn't handle. I just had to kite on landscape for the first time in years.)

So .... besides PUGs, warbands, skirms and finishing off the zone deeds are there any suggestions for non-grindy activity to get me through those 4 levels? (My crafter characters are all at their Westemnet cap.) Do I have to wait til 100 to get Tol Fennas quests or will those quest rings appear sooner? Thanks!
    Last edited by Anavalar; Aug 10 2014 at 07:46 PM.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Anavalar View Post
    Standing in Dol Amroth having just handed in the last of my quests and epic quests to Lothiriel. The quest rings on the NPCs standing around the Court of the Fountain are transparent and grey. I assume that these are part of the lvl 100 City Watch/ Tol Fennas quests.

If this looks like I'm complaining I must confess that I have only myself to blame as I took a break from the game, didn't buy Helm's Deep, used Wildermore to get me to Lvl 92 and headed for the Paths of the Dead. (For those Mini's whining about the nerfed self heals, I never met a orange or red mob I couldn't handle. I just had to kite on landscape for the first time in years.)

So .... besides PUGs, warbands, skirms and finishing off the zone deeds are there any suggestions for non-grindy activity to get me through those 4 levels? (My crafter characters are all at their Westemnet cap.) Do I have to wait til 100 to get Tol Fennas quests or will those quest rings appear sooner? Thanks!
    You must have missed the start of the normal questline, sounds like you only did epics. Head back to the exit of the PoTD(West Gondor Side) and there should be an NPC telling you to go to Morlad... There is no possible way you only got to 96 doing the regular quests as well.
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    You must have missed the start of the normal questline, sounds like you only did epics. Head back to the exit of the PoTD(West Gondor Side) and there should be an NPC telling you to go to Morlad... There is no possible way you only got to 96 doing the regular quests as well.
    I looked in Lotro Wiki and yeah I did all the regular quests. All my West Gondor quest deeds for every map zone are full up in my deed window. I started at the bottom of level 92 and most players start at 95 when Eowyn gives them the quest.

If a person starts at 92, then yep, 96 sounds about right.

Yes, all those quests are lvl 100 dailies.

One note -- if you haven't yet, make sure to do the explorer deed where you are asked to visit corsair camps. A few of these camps have auto-bestow quests and you aren't directed there via other quests. These camps are south and south east of Dol Amroth. It's not a significant amount of experience, maybe half a level per both camps, but it's something.

As for non-grindy activity to suggest.. I've no idea. If you took a longer break, you might've been just in time for the rest of Gondor which would've taken you the rest of the way. But right now you'll have to do some grinding. The easiest way is to just get a PUG for Sword Halls T2, get 2-3 100% xp scrolls, and do the first quest in that instance over and over. It would take you the rest of the way in a couple hours.

Oh, and also there are TC farm raids (the area with fellowship quests). It depends if your server is active, but if you can join a group for that, it could help as well. People go there for normal fellowship quests, for lvl 100 daily quests, or just to farm. There are plenty of those groups here on Brandywine, but I imagine it's much harder to find a group on some servers.
    Last edited by Geldeger; Aug 10 2014 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geldeger View Post
    One note -- if you haven't yet, make sure to do the explorer deed where you are asked to visit corsair camps. A few of these camps have auto-bestow quests and you aren't directed there via other quests. These camps are south and south east of Dol Amroth. It's not a significant amount of experience, maybe half a level per both camps, but it's something.
    Great tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Geldeger View Post
    Oh, and also there are TC farm raids (the area with fellowship quests). It depends if your server is active, but if you can join a group for that, it could help as well. People go there for normal fellowship quests, for lvl 100 daily quests, or just to farm. There are plenty of those groups here on Brandywine, but I imagine it's much harder to find a group on some servers.
    I'm on Landroval and so Dol Amroth is actually full of friendly folk right now. I thought that Tarlang's Crown quests were gated at lvl 100 as well but I will definitely check the NPC that gives them out. The wiki says he's at the bank.

Thanks for some good ideas! ......and off to Sword Halls to farm XP I go

Join T1 raids and runs. As a mini you can heal without trouble and only being four levels underlevel means no deflects for attacks anyway. This will also help you gear up, get seals for symbols (edit: forgot challenge quests only bestow to level cap players, so no seals ahead of time), and perhaps have a first age awaiting you, all without grinding.
    Last edited by RJFerret; Aug 11 2014 at 01:05 PM.
    [center]Click here for our community [url=https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0As1T2ZXLPqhTdE05T21qYklYRFF3emVuM18zTnU0aGc&hl=en]LOTRO store pricelist, conversion rates and pictures[/url], please contribute too![/center]

Another thought: don't know whether you'd already maxed out your crafting vocations? Again it's not a lot of XP but it's something else to get you closer to level cap and is something easy to do.

Derndingle quests are a good way to make up some of the gap, though starting three levels too low, it's going to take a lot of grind to make that up. I wonder if there isn't something back in West Rohan you ought to be doing.

There is a quest that leads to those two corsair camps now, but it comes from a guy in a far corner of the docks and nothing sends you to him. Which is a shame because the reward at the end of that quest line is quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by StrideColossus View Post
    Another thought: don't know whether you'd already maxed out your crafting vocations? Again it's not a lot of XP but it's something else to get you closer to level cap and is something easy to do.
    My main is maxed in all his 3 professions and a maxed in his guild. He's and explorer though so processing mats for my other crafting alts would bring a wee bit of XP and do it while I drink coffee. Thanks for the thought.

My main is maxed in all his 3 professions and a maxed in his guild. He's and explorer though so processing mats for my other crafting alts would bring a wee bit of XP and do it while I drink coffee. Thanks for the thought.
    In all honesty, there is NO WAY you can get to 100 if you jumped in at 92. The zone is meant for lvl 95-100, not 92-100. Your best bet would be to go back to the zones of West Rohan and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by RJFerret View Post
    Join T1 raids and runs. As a mini you can heal without trouble and only being four levels underlevel means no deflects for attacks anyway. This will also help you gear up, get seals for symbols (edit: forgot challenge quests only bestow to level cap players, so no seals ahead of time), and perhaps have a first age awaiting you, all without grinding.
    Yep. With no crafted lvl 100 jewelery, armor or off-hand all my crafting alts are kind of lame ducks. I'll try healing T1 runs for new gear. I was putting off making a level appropriate healing book till cap but I can throw a lvl 96 third ager together pretty quick. Thanks!

Don't forget, Update 15 will be bringing another entire region of quests to help those lvl 96+ level to 100. there will be plenty by then.

Turbine only releases ~175-200 quests per quest pack region. just happens that 90+ of those in West Gondor are lvl 100 only.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    In all honesty, there is NO WAY you can get to 100 if you jumped in at 92. The zone is meant for lvl 95-100, not 92-100. Your best bet would be to go back to the zones of West Rohan and hope for the best.
    As I said I cheaped out HD. I may well crack and break out the credit card this week. Oh for the days of lvl 40 with 4 potential zones to pick from.
    Last edited by Anavalar; Aug 11 2014 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterGreen View Post
    Derndingle quests are a good way to make up some of the gap, though starting three levels too low, it's going to take a lot of grind to make that up. I wonder if there isn't something back in West Rohan you ought to be doing.

There is a quest that leads to those two corsair camps now, but it comes from a guy in a far corner of the docks and nothing sends you to him. Which is a shame because the reward at the end of that quest line is quite nice.
    Yep - Derndingle is part of the HD expansion which I was too cheap to buy earlier this year. Should have just bought it, Turbine get my cash sooner or later anyway. Next sale I suppose.

I'll go check the docks but I'm betting that NPC has a transparent ring till lvl 100 as well. Thanks for the tip. Glad to know about him if only for future reference.

As I said I cheaped out HD. I may well crack and break out the credit card this week. Oh for the days of lvl 40 with 4 potential zones to pick from.
    Or you could simply grind TP through deeds/rep on alts?

Well thanks folks for some pretty good ideas! I forgot I had a fairly sizable stack of both enhanced XP and Marks acquisition tomes from hobbit presents. I'm midway through lvl 98 already, with a stack of seals, marks and gear from doing PUGs and skirms.

Well thanks folks for some pretty good ideas! I forgot I had a fairly sizable stack of both enhanced XP and Marks acquisition tomes from hobbit presents. I'm midway through lvl 98 already, with a stack of seals, marks and gear from doing PUGs and skirms.
    Good for you! However, I think ( I say think because I really need to check to make sure we picked everything up) that there aren't enough quests to get you to 100 from 95 if, like me and my duo partner you don't use xp boosts and other means of levelling. We are respectively 200k and 120k away from cap and find ourselves left with fellowship quests at Tarlang's Crown. For us, not a big issue, we are taking our time and I mention it only because I remembered a post from a day or so after U14 came out saying the same thing.