We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Even running with incredibly reduced Attack Duration (3 Prowess buffs + Yellow Call of the 2nd Age + -AD relics) Minstrel feels very clunky. In Blue I would Feign and immediately come back up just to break the animation on CoS. Of course it's nice that this sort of thing actually gives Gift of the Hammerhand its only utility...

If RtS wasn't so horrible this would be less of an issue.

A lot of skills just have delays for their effects I feel, I'm looking at the Bolster Courage AoE, CtG, Call of the 2nd Age, etc... The animation is mismatched with the effect.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitewhimsy View Post
    Even running with incredibly reduced Attack Duration (3 Prowess buffs + Yellow Call of the 2nd Age + -AD relics) Minstrel feels very clunky. In Blue I would Feign and immediately come back up just to break the animation on CoS. Of course it's nice that this sort of thing actually gives Gift of the Hammerhand its only utility...

A lot of skills just have delays for their effects I feel, I'm looking at the Bolster Courage AoE, CtG, Call of the 2nd Age, etc... The animation is mismatched with the effect.
    Yeah. A few months ago I had a very different opinion (and said so at some point; can't remember where on the forums). But the problems seem to be getting progressively worse and worse, and as Turbine continues to toy with difficulty and whatnot, they just become all the more painfully clear. :/

And yeah... am I the only one who more or less never uses RtS?
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by infinitewhimsy View Post

Exactly. And as CoS is our main on the move self heal the animation and puny heal are a pain when dpsing. I'd drop the current version of RtS (which I used to use a lot until I got the instant bolster) for a decent CoS heal or even a much bigger bubble with an incoming damage reduction buff...
    [COLOR="#DDA0DD"][CENTER][B]Peralda[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - The Numenorean Guard - Landroval~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[B]Yvandriel[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - Extraordinary Adventurers' League - Laurelin[/CENTER][/COLOR][COLOR="#EE82EE"][CENTER]And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”[/CENTER][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    And yeah... am I the only one who more or less never uses RtS?
    No. I don't have the legacy on my LI anymore, and basically never use the skill unless I'm topping off my own morale after a fight. And Calta, I'd trade RtS completely for a better Chord skill. As it stands RtS has pretty much zero use in game at the moment in my opinion.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    No. I don't have the legacy on my LI anymore, and basically never use the skill unless I'm topping off my own morale after a fight. And Calta, I'd trade RtS completely for a better Chord skill. As it stands RtS has pretty much zero use in game at the moment in my opinion.
    Yeah, I'm thinking my LIs are gonna need a rework. BC and H&M covers it pretty well.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    Me neither.

RtS needs to drop the induction and just have no cooldown. It can just be quick small heal that can be used on the run as much as you like. Anything big and bad enough to hurt you still will be able to kill you even if you spam it. Anything you can spam heal through with it was probably a bunch of no-name landscapers that don't matter anyway.

Then CoS can get a magnitude buff for the fact that it has a 15 (?) second CD. And shorten that silly delay.

Quote Originally Posted by danno8 View Post
    Then CoS can get a magnitude buff for the fact that it has a 15 (?) second CD. And shorten that silly delay.
    Remember that CoS has a legacy to reduce its cooldown too. While I'd be happy for a slight buff to CoS, I would be thrilled enough just to see the laggy animation delay fixed.

In fact, a simple fix to the animation delay would be worthy of a party!

Add me to the list of people find little to no use for Raise the Spirit. Sometimes I'll throw in a Raise the Spirit just for giggles if I'm running with a really really competent group that doesn't really need my full heals... but I didn't realize until halfway through the fight that traiting full Blue was unnecessary, and can't retrait mid-battle. That's the time to experiment with some skills I use less often, just for the heck of it.
    Last edited by Rozalinde; Aug 25 2014 at 02:34 PM.
    Chief of the all-hobbits Landroval kinship, [url=http://concerninghobbits.shivtr.com/forum_threads/1477267] Concerning Hobbits.[/url]
    Level 100 Minstrel--Rozalinde
    [url=http://tweaklotro.wordpress.com/2014/07/05/mother-hens-chicken-guide/]Mother Hen[/url] and [url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?548289-A-Chicken-s-Adventures-EAST-of-the-Misties]Aficionado of Chicken Adventures[/url]

CoS is a very potent healing skill, and there's really no problem with the animation.
    I'm going to say this for the third time: it's an immediate, emergency skill, that makes you interrupt animations. You can double click it and hit a fast skill (Perfect Ending, Raise the Spirit) and you will not see any delay. If you refuse to do so, fine. But don't come to the forums and complain about broken skills when there are none, and you simply refuse to use your skillset to their intended purpose.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    CoS is a very potent healing skill, and there's really no problem with the animation.
    I'm going to say this for the third time: it's an immediate, emergency skill, that makes you interrupt animations. You can double click it and hit a fast skill (Perfect Ending, Raise the Spirit) and you will not see any delay. If you refuse to do so, fine. But don't come to the forums and complain about broken skills when there are none, and you simply refuse to use your skillset to their intended purpose.
    The way it should work is a fast skill will interrupt the animation delay of any skill after waiting for the minimum delay to be over, and an immediate skill will interrupt everything including animations, minimum delay and inductions. As of right now a fast skill like raise the spirit, doesn't interrupt the animation delay on CoS, unless you use the strange double click workaround.

Why the double click? Why doesn't the fast skill (RtS) simply cut the animation on CoS?

If you hit your big skills like ctf cry of the wizards cry of the chorus (And obviously call of orome before those) you'll still have enough skills to pass on to another coda or the time when all those skills get off cooldown. I don't suggest you to use two ballads, but that's just me personally. For PvE leveling it doesnt really matter though because most mobs are either one- or twoshottable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2