We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35

Thread: Good 1v1 thread

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Dorset, UK
    Posts
    404

    Post Good 1v1 thread

    Post here for on topic discussion of 1v1s...below I will post the list of informal 'rules' that were discussed on the other thread:

    • No store pots.
    • No use of long CDs. This used to be set at anything over a minute in CD.
    • Also consider limiting your 30s+ skill use if it will make the fight more fair. This is for you to police yourself.
    • No consumable buffs. This includes food, mitigation, armor, resistance, avoidance, morale and power buffs.
    • Freeps get lots of store buffs from the hobbit lottery, or from the anniversary event. These last a long time. Creeps get 30m buff pots. You may very well have one or all of these up when you find 1v1s. Since you can't shed your buffs, just be prepared for people to choose not to fight you because you have them. Don't re-up them during a 1v1 session if they expire.
    • low to mid-rank creeps should be able to keep their buffs up. This increases parity, and helps a lot since creeps don't have all of the gear options to customize their character that freeps do. This would need to be agreed to by the community. High rank creeps probably don't need them and should consider letting them expire during 1v1s.
    • No excessive healing.
    • Select your opponent and jump to show interest in 1v1ing. Wait till they jump back to confirm agreement to fight.
    • Move apart a few paces before beginning. This allows ranged classes a bit of room to kite if those are their tactics. It also lets certain classes use skills that must be used outside of combat before the fight starts.
    • Allow wargs to stealth before the fight. This is a key part of a Shadow wargs tactics.
    • Be respectful in victory or defeat.
    • No corpse-jumping. We've all done it and it has no place in fundamentally respectful combat like 1v1s.
    • Consider bowing or cheering to show respect for a good fight.
    • Let yourself bleed out at the end of combat. This goes hand in hand with not using pots, but it may require not using your class heals as well.
    • Consider letting an NPC kill you. This rewards an opponent with points for a particularly good or close fight. I have seen some attack a bystander to get them to kill them. It works, but can leave the character confused as to why you're attacking them, and it splits the points. Up to you.
    • Consider not using certain builds e.g. yellow line captain/blue line champ.
    • You don't have to limit your build because it would allow you to win, only if it would prevent you from losing. No one wants to fight someone who can't be killed. We should aim for fights that are won based on better tactical movement, skill choice and bit of luck. If you are traited in such a way that you end a fight at full health, you're not being a respectful opponent.


    Personal note: Thanks to Beranor/Arcus for some close fights at GTA the other day - I made some changes to my guardian rotation because of them!
    Last edited by Shumzuda; Apr 29 2014 at 10:49 AM.

    Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar
    Not all those who wander are lost.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC USA
    Posts
    4,171
    I think considering the various healing abilities granted to freeps, the rules may need to be updated a bit.


    Hell, considering freeps in general.


    Best to just delete them. Anything goes in 1v1s. Semantics are silly.
    Tsaurel/Telae

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    344
    Pretty decent list, but I feel like there are a few problems:


    If you want to restrict cooldowns classify it by their potency rather than what the cooldown time is. Wrath is less than a minute and a Reaver spamming it will almost never lose. Until recently, evade was under a minute as well.

    Don't restrict use of wound/fear/disease/poison potions. In most cases, a person can pad their debuffs to prevent them from being potted anyway. A warg losing fleas, a reaver losing Thrash, or a burg losing Dust to a potion is their own fault (barring resists of course). Freep morale potions and power potions from either side have never really been an issue for me either.

    You say to start a few steps away to allow people to kite. Sorry, if I know a person is going to kite me for as long as they can (I once had a 5 minute fight with a BA where I never got in melee range when Sprint was down because he went straight skirmisher kite. Before Champion's Duel of course.) then I'm not going to sit by and let them from the very start.

    Any creep should be able to use their armour/resist/evade potions. At least, until their stats are buffed in U13 to be more in line with freeps. At that point we'll have to see if they need the extra boost.


    Otherwise pretty good list. Glad to see Riddermark still has a thriving 1v1 community.
    Arkenstone: Blulum (r12 Reaver), Tumblytwo-1 (r10 Champion), Gnaral (r7 Warg) - Nefarious

    R.I.P. "The Blood Hand" 05/21/14

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Dorset, UK
    Posts
    404

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Fafoo View Post
    Pretty decent list, but I feel like there are a few problems:


    If you want to restrict cooldowns classify it by their potency rather than what the cooldown time is. Wrath is less than a minute and a Reaver spamming it will almost never lose. Until recently, evade was under a minute as well.

    Don't restrict use of wound/fear/disease/poison potions. In most cases, a person can pad their debuffs to prevent them from being potted anyway. A warg losing fleas, a reaver losing Thrash, or a burg losing Dust to a potion is their own fault (barring resists of course). Freep morale potions and power potions from either side have never really been an issue for me either.

    You say to start a few steps away to allow people to kite. Sorry, if I know a person is going to kite me for as long as they can (I once had a 5 minute fight with a BA where I never got in melee range when Sprint was down because he went straight skirmisher kite. Before Champion's Duel of course.) then I'm not going to sit by and let them from the very start.

    Any creep should be able to use their armour/resist/evade potions. At least, until their stats are buffed in U13 to be more in line with freeps. At that point we'll have to see if they need the extra boost.


    Otherwise pretty good list. Glad to see Riddermark still has a thriving 1v1 community.
    I agree with most of this - I made a couple of alterations in response.

    Not quite 'thriving' but certainly not as dead as many would lead you to believe. Hopefully U13 will spark a little more interest in the moors from the wider population. Are the fields any greener over there on BW and do you have any toons left on RM? Drop in some time if so.

    @Syn - there is no harm done in making a rough guide of what is considered fair/not fair - fights are funner if both sides agree to make things balanced.

    Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar
    Not all those who wander are lost.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    236
    IMO use CDs if they make the fight close. Some people don't stand a chance without using CDs, some just faceroll with them. Generally don't use any pots, long CDs, or generally op skills, but each fight is different. I personally will never use anything unless I see my opponent using CDs, but whatever makes the fight close and fun.
    [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMxYavklNuY&feature=youtu.be]Second Marshal Kaern - Guardian - Brandywine - Riddermark[/url]

  6. #6
    Plagiarism!
    Commander Cariance - Mostly Dead - Riddermark
    Sentry Wariance - ISMELLMANFLESH - Riddermark

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Dorset, UK
    Posts
    404
    Thanks to Ren, Tarlos, Sab, Taubrum, Mogwin, Gashkuth and others for fighting my champ ~ and also arcus, Vim, Vuso and others fighting my BA.

    Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar
    Not all those who wander are lost.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Dorset, UK
    Posts
    404
    Lots of 1v1s yesterday, I was trying out some video capture software and recorded a few of the fights if anybody is interested:

    p.s. sorry about the bad quality and frame rate issues in the videos - I need to figure this out.

    Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar
    Not all those who wander are lost.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    236
    What did you use? Anyone know of any good free video capture programs out there? And nice fights with you, I apologize for some of the ones where my healing seemed over the top, there's not much I can do about it, I already limit cashout and hammer down.
    [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMxYavklNuY&feature=youtu.be]Second Marshal Kaern - Guardian - Brandywine - Riddermark[/url]

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Dorset, UK
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaern48 View Post
    What did you use? Anyone know of any good free video capture programs out there? And nice fights with you, I apologize for some of the ones where my healing seemed over the top, there's not much I can do about it, I already limit cashout and hammer down.
    This software us called liteCam - it is free and very usable but as I said before I have some frame rate and quality issues with it.

    You were not doing too many heals - my damage on you(3:19) is around 30k on the first fight and 32k on the second (4:30). I pretty much comes down to this :

    Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar
    Not all those who wander are lost.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    moors
    Posts
    78
    i use bandicam. free and easy
    Mukal/Muknakh/Mukburz/Mukarrows

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lothlorien
    Posts
    1,708
    Thanks for the 1v1s to the two burgs I fought today. Alas, your names escape me at the moment.
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

  13. #13
    decent 1v1s tonight at gta. But really reavers with this update u guys use impale, sparring a reaver who uses impale with this update there is no way of winning from champs perspective, how about you challenge yourself and dont use impale i bet wouldnt be so tough then.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01205000000090d20/signature.png]Alanthel-1[/charsig]

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by KaP93 View Post
    decent 1v1s tonight at gta. But really reavers with this update u guys use impale, sparring a reaver who uses impale with this update there is no way of winning from champs perspective, how about you challenge yourself and dont use impale i bet wouldnt be so tough then.
    I noticed right away, I won every fight with my Reaver. I then switched to my BA and still won 98% of my fights.
    [center][IMG]http://www.auplod.com/u/pdoual520eb.png[/IMG]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Renbash-1 ~ Hadrochnyce ~ Lotharius-1 ~ Sabaktes-1[/FONT]
    [color=#FC0303] ~ Riddermark and Brandywine ~[/color]
    [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uSwToWqYOs/]This probably applies to you.[/url] [/center]

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by zr1iblez View Post
    I noticed right away, I won every fight with my Reaver. I then switched to my BA and still won 98% of my fights.
    It was fun 1v1s your ba. I didn't use fight on against you at all, i did lose all except one I think might be wrong but they all were close fights. The funniest part was the fights didn't last longer than 15 seconds.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01205000000090d20/signature.png]Alanthel-1[/charsig]

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by KaP93 View Post
    It was fun 1v1s your ba. I didn't use fight on against you at all, i did lose all except one I think might be wrong but they all were close fights. The funniest part was the fights didn't last longer than 15 seconds.
    Yeah, I lost one to you, and one to a Burg. They were very close, I don't like to stack morale, especially in U13. Fights that go fast (<30s) are always fun, especially against two Dps classes.
    [center][IMG]http://www.auplod.com/u/pdoual520eb.png[/IMG]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Renbash-1 ~ Hadrochnyce ~ Lotharius-1 ~ Sabaktes-1[/FONT]
    [color=#FC0303] ~ Riddermark and Brandywine ~[/color]
    [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uSwToWqYOs/]This probably applies to you.[/url] [/center]

  17. #17
    Hats off to arshdook, best 1v1 against a reaver since the patch, the only reaver not use impale also didn't use sprint, in return no sprint and fight on from me. You other reavers should takes some lessons.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01205000000090d20/signature.png]Alanthel-1[/charsig]

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by KaP93 View Post
    Hats off to arshdook, best 1v1 against a reaver since the patch, the only reaver not use impale also didn't use sprint, in return no sprint and fight on from me. You other reavers should takes some lessons.
    not sure if serious.........


    How honorable not using fight on
    Jawbreakerz(R10), OptimusKrime(R11), Bromanceswithwargs(R10), Pentacle(R9), AllOveryourFace(R109), Throatrip(R10), Charlottesweb(R9)-Dark Impulse, WKSL (BW)
    Thunderbow(R9), Triplexxx(R10), Airlyn(R109), Creepingdeath(R8), AllOverYourChin(R7), Valerial(R9)
    #NoBrakesOnTheRapeTrain

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderbowStormshard View Post
    not sure if serious.........


    How honorable not using fight on
    How honorable of all the reavers to using impale and half even use wrath.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01205000000090d20/signature.png]Alanthel-1[/charsig]

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    236
    Great 1v1s tonight and yesterday. Had a few baddies try to gank them, but other than that great fights. It's nice being closer to balanced and not having to hold back as much fighting anything other than reavers, that impale hurts more than ever now. Thanks to the weavers that didn't use reflect and the reavers that didn't use impale.
    [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMxYavklNuY&feature=youtu.be]Second Marshal Kaern - Guardian - Brandywine - Riddermark[/url]

  21. #21
    That was Fun Kaern... I enjoy the burgs not popping TnG and FF on my BA... just a B* to kill with those up
    Sabian- Hunter85
    All warfare is based on deception

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In Rainbows
    Posts
    345
    I was pleasantly surprised by a decent amount of 1v1ers last night, thanks to Arcus and champ, Tarlos, and all those troll cappies. I shall now switch accounts and post some screenies.
    Meshoot, rank 9 Blackarrow, Officer of Freepaphiles Riddermark
    >:} Memento Mori {:<
    Aka Grumpis the honorable Mustelidian Pew Pew of love and cheery brightness.
    >The Mustelidian Cult is the cult, is the cult for you and me<

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpisaw View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised by a decent amount of 1v1ers last night, thanks to Arcus and champ, Tarlos, and all those troll cappies. I shall now switch accounts and post some screenies.
    Well, not at the moment, photobucket is acting up. I have some nice father son screeines with Um, and a few captures of my shmexy new uruk hawt pants. I will post them eventually.

  24. #24

    This is just the most attractive skin I have ever happened across.

    Sonny giving me some sass, then proceeding to demolish me in a spar :P.

    Who says there is no slavery in the moors, i am just a tribe jockey, forced to watch my superiors hue hue away in pointless battles.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lothlorien
    Posts
    1,708
    Thanks for the 1v1 v.s. my scaled noob Cappy Mesh/Hash. Also, thanks to Exhausted, Fired, and Matute for the impromtu 3v1 as well. :P I always love those.
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload