We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: is big E dead?

  1. #1

    is big E dead?

    i took a 6mo break in dec, came back in may.... and.... osgiliath seems empty, come to think of it.... anything beyond dol amroth seems pathetically empty.... is E even still active??

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,336
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry77 View Post
    i took a 6mo break in dec, came back in may.... and.... osgiliath seems empty, come to think of it.... anything beyond dol amroth seems pathetically empty.... is E even still active??
    It is probably just as active as when you left - which is to say not very active.
    Elendilmir used to be one of the larger servers but is one of the smaller today. It seems to have been hit particularly hard by players leaving after Helm's Deep and the class revamp.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Indiana,USA
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by ertr View Post
    It is probably just as active as when you left - which is to say not very active.
    Elendilmir used to be one of the larger servers but is one of the smaller today. It seems to have been hit particularly hard by players leaving after Helm's Deep and the class revamp.
    I would say its active. have been getting about 12 creeps out every night and around the same for freeps ( multiple small groups on both sides no big groups )
    LotroComplete - Get it in the App Store Today.
    Check Lotro Sever Status at : http://www.lotrostatus.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,898
    Between no real raids with HD (which destroyed our raiding community) and the mass-exodus of the PvMPers to BW, not many are left on E.

    It's really a tragic tale of how a once great server was felled due to Turbine's own stupidity.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Landroval

    Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

    Steam: Almagnus1

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    Between no real raids with HD (which destroyed our raiding community) and the mass-exodus of the PvMPers to BW, not many are left on E.

    It's really a tragic tale of how a once great server was felled due to Turbine's own stupidity.
    you aint kiddin!!!! the world chat used to be hopping, always had skirm/instance groups and all!!! i remember someone on the lotro fb page trying to call me out for "beating an old sad lame drum" because i was pissed that none of the good raids have been scaled up and everything these days is "super solo mode"...... a year later.... and this server is DEAD who was right?? lol... southern ithilien is a ghost town!!!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry77 View Post
    i took a 6mo break in dec, came back in may.... and.... osgiliath seems empty, come to think of it.... anything beyond dol amroth seems pathetically empty.... is E even still active??
    It is pretty much dead considering end-game and pvp. Sure, at some odd days you see more people in /world than usual, but that's the casual crowd (doing nothing but leveling small toons or having a conversation), cause' no more than ~8-10 people on the entire server do some kind of end-game stuff together. I know this because I'm always forming groups for something and I only see a response from a handful of people.

    Quote Originally Posted by greatlord365 View Post
    I would say its active. have been getting about 12 creeps out every night and around the same for freeps ( multiple small groups on both sides no big groups )
    Don't listen to that guy, he's always lost in his own world. E PvP, solo or group, has been extremely dead since U16, was pretty much dead before U16 also, but now it's officially dead.



    That's the state of the map throughout the day, primetime or no primetime, weekend or weekday. Hint: look at the OPs.

  7. #7
    It's about as lively as Robin Williams, my friend.


  8. #8
    In the words of Mark Twain, " the report of my death was an exaggeration"
    Casual R Us - Garatha

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Garatha View Post
    In the words of Mark Twain, " the report of my death was an exaggeration"
    Instead, perhaps, "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand"?



    E is a shadow of a shadow of what it once was. Wishing it were otherwise doesn't make it so.





    Bring on the server closures!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    3 Fountain Street, Bromburg, Bree Homesteads
    Posts
    3,147
    I logged on two days ago, there was literally 1 other creep that wasn't anon, idk how many where anon as we had just taken a relic but I can't guess there was a lot as I literally ran the distance from Grams to GV 1 shots and didn't see a soul before logging :/
    [Color=red]-Azsouth the Hand of Doom of Elendilmir, Rank 15 Warg [/color]
    Originator of the 1st [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?143813-the-good-1v1-thread]Good 1v1 Thread [/url](Meneldor)

  11. #11
    I remeber when i started on this server the chat was dead and for until i reach bree i had not seen anyone. Some days there are some people but there are days that i see almost no one. i remember i went to bree once and i could not see anyone around. But when i mentioned that to chat some people attacked me in a very rude way.I'm sorry but i play on 6 servers and this is the worst regarding population. I'm sorry for the people that have different opinion but this is the way i feel and i wish i were wrong

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenstar777 View Post
    I remeber when i started on this server the chat was dead and for until i reach bree i had not seen anyone. Some days there are some people but there are days that i see almost no one. i remember i went to bree once and i could not see anyone around. But when i mentioned that to chat some people attacked me in a very rude way.I'm sorry but i play on 6 servers and this is the worst regarding population. I'm sorry for the people that have different opinion but this is the way i feel and i wish i were wrong
    Doesn't matter what people think, atleast they are thinking positive hehe. Population on 90% of the servers is awful so we await the free server transfers and at the end of the day it's turbines fault. Yes it was once the top 2, top 3 populated, now? No, but it's still playable. This is the result of this server never receiving "recommended server" for new people to join while the rest did. When the server was shut off for transfers. When turbine stopped making raids etc, 2012-now. When plenty of this servers pvp pop went to bw and from everywhere else. Anyway after this year is done it won't matter where anyone plays, there will be healthy pops atleast for a while, IF THEY CLOSE OFF BW TO XFER otherwise imo it will be for nothing.

    Last edited by Hayden102; Jul 07 2015 at 10:23 PM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden102 View Post
    Doesn't matter what people think, atleast they are thinking positive hehe. Population on 90% of the servers is awful so we await the free server transfers and at the end of the day it's turbines fault. Yes it was once the top 2, top 3 populated, now? No, but it's still playable. This is the result of this server never receiving "recommended server" for new people to join while the rest did. When the server was shut off for transfers. When turbine stopped making raids etc, 2012-now. When plenty of this servers pvp pop went to bw and from everywhere else. Anyway after this year is done it won't matter where anyone plays, there will be healthy pops atleast for a while, IF THEY CLOSE OFF BW TO XFER otherwise imo it will be for nothing.

    nice graphic!! yeah, wayyyy back in soa, we never had problems finding groups... even in MoM it wasnt bad, mirkwood it started thinning out, but yeah.... since u16..... ###! i mean... dome of stars... cant get a group, had to beg for 2 folks to help me with sunken lab and rc.... if you are lucky, you might run across 1 other person in osgiliath crossing your path to tagteam mobs here n there... ive played 4 days in the last 2mos.... hardly seems worth hanging around after 7yrs of gameplay

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,898
    I'd be willing to bet money that E's going to sail west.

    At least we will be able to remember what was, rather than endure what is.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Landroval

    Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

    Steam: Almagnus1

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    I'd be willing to bet money that E's going to sail west.

    At least we will be able to remember what was, rather than endure what is.
    So Turbine goes from 29 to 10 servers? This shows a lot about the game.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuffie67 View Post
    Elen is 6th... but the unofficial oceanic server, so its active and moving most of the 24 hours of the day. And I play at all sorts of different times since I switch shifts alot. ...
    I like Elen, there always someone up or on wanting to do something. XD
    0123456789

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload