We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

An official petition

Boxing in PvMP, with the upcoming dragon awards etc I think it's time for housecleaning. I don't gaf what they do in PvE but even the notes when people send in tickets admit that boxing in PvMP is unsportsmanlike. I know because I like many people have sent them in. nothing really needs to be said here, 99% of the PvMP community feels the same way about this, Turbine are you going to ignore 99% of your community. Stop boxing now.

please sign this petition, and lets refrain from arguing, ignore the trolls and show turbine how serious we are.

./signed

If the had the resources to stamp it out, wouldn't they have done it already?

They should be more clear on their stance with multi-boxing in PvMP but they did that with rank farming and it still
    seems to go un-noticed and not properly punished.

Which is why we are going to attempt a show of solidarity, the thing is, both freeps and creeps agree on this, and that alone should tell you something, I do this for the love of the game I play, boxing is destroying morale (lol pun) it ruins the game for hundreds of players, and if certain boxers were unable to do so, then their push for the moors to be active would have resulted in an explosion of money for them, sadly the boxers discourage people from coming back.

/signed

I say boxing = rank farming (aka clear advantage/1 shot kill, its literally cheating).

/signed

it is about enforcing the spirit of a game and keeping it fun for all

Don't know if I agree with everything you said exactly, but I 100% support your idea of removing boxing from the Moors. There is precedent for rules and mechanics working differently in PVE and PVP, this is definitely one of those times where something can be perfectly legal in PVE, but should be banned in PVP.

/sign

Not going to do any good, but I'd feel bad not showing my support. It is cheating, no matter Turbine's stance on it.

/Signed.

Don't care, it's a non-issue. They're nothing but renown piñatas as far as myself and the people I run with are concerned. Send all your boxers to Meneldor please! We love farming them.

Just a question, not disagreeing with you about unsportsmanlike behavior.
    I'm curious as to how to solve this without knee jerk banning all boxing altogether.

For Turbine to ban boxing in the Moors, wouldn't they have to ban boxing completely from all aspects? PvE as well?
    Do they have the capability, other then through players reporting people, to identify this behavior?
    How could you potentially solve boxing in the Moors other then relying on the player base to report boxers?
    Does turbine have the capability to identify numerous logons from the same IP ?
    What happens then if a husband and wife play together? Does one get banned because the other wishes to play?

Just curious. While I agree boxing has no place in Ettenmoors, I'd hate to see the rest of the boxing community get pushed out the door because of a few people.
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    Just a question, not disagreeing with you about unsportsmanlike behavior.
    I'm curious as to how to solve this without knee jerk banning all boxing altogether.

For Turbine to ban boxing in the Moors, wouldn't they have to ban boxing completely from all aspects? PvE as well?
    Do they have the capability, other then through players reporting people, to identify this behavior?
    How could you potentially solve boxing in the Moors other then relying on the player base to report boxers?
    Does turbine have the capability to identify numerous logons from the same IP ?
    What happens then if a husband and wife play together? Does one get banned because the other wishes to play?

Just curious. While I agree boxing has no place in Ettenmoors, I'd hate to see the rest of the boxing community get pushed out the door because of a few people.
    No, because it gives an unfair advantage in PvP. This is not so in PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    No, because it gives an unfair advantage in PvP. This is not so in PvE.
    I'm not denying that. In fact I am agreeing with you, please read my post again.
    I am asking if they have the capability to stop boxing only in Moors or if they can identify the issues without having to ban all boxers.

Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I'm not denying that. In fact I am agreeing with you, please read my post again.
    I am asking if they have the capability to stop boxing only in Moors or if they can identify the issues without having to ban all boxers.
    I'm not saying you are ;p I'm saying they wouldn't have to ban it from PvE.

I'm not saying you are ;p I'm saying they wouldn't have to ban it from PvE.
    But that's my point really, how do you know they have that ability?
    Perhaps I've missed an announcement someplace?
    Can you show me where they said they CAN do this but WON'T?

Captain Malcolm Reynolds

But that's my point really, how do you know they have that ability?
    Perhaps I've missed an announcement someplace?
    Can you show me where they said they CAN do this but WON'T?
    No, I cannot. But it shouldn't be to hard to distinct the reports from the Moors from the PvE ones. Also, a GM needs to actually see it, they don't accept screenshots.

No, I cannot. But it shouldn't be to hard to distinct the reports from the Moors from the PvE ones. Also, a GM needs to actually see it, they don't accept screenshots.
    So in essence the only real way they can distinguish a multiboxer from a player in the Moors is by players reporting them in which a GM needs to physically witness them boxing?

I am thinking there is no way at all for Turbine to distinguish Moors boxers from regular world boxing other then through players reports.
    So in essence this petition could willfully be asking Turbine to shut down all boxing from the game completely.
    It should be renamed then I think to :

Ban Multiboxing from Lotro and ruin it for everyone because a few people have zero ability to play fairly while others support them for easy inf/renown.
    Ban hammer for all boxers.

I'm sorry. I don't agree.
    IF there was a way to isolate Ettenmoors, please, by all means... ban abundantly.
    However I don't think they can, and I'm not willing to pay the price because others fail to play nicely.

Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Disable /follow in the moors.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogmu View Post
    Disable /follow in the moors.
    I like this better.

Captain Malcolm Reynolds

/Signed to ban boxer.

I remember Codemasters used a "non-damaging" rule versus clubbers, return their Rank to 0, it's the best penalty against clubbers, boxers, cheaters, it will make them think twice before cheating. Signed, but bans are not needed.

So in essence the only real way they can distinguish a multiboxer from a player in the Moors is by players reporting them in which a GM needs to physically witness them boxing?

I am thinking there is no way at all for Turbine to distinguish Moors boxers from regular world boxing other then through players reports.
    So in essence this petition could willfully be asking Turbine to shut down all boxing from the game completely.
    It should be renamed then I think to :

Ban Multiboxing from Lotro and ruin it for everyone because a few people have zero ability to play fairly while others support them for easy inf/renown.
    Ban hammer for all boxers.

I'm sorry. I don't agree.
    IF there was a way to isolate Ettenmoors, please, by all means... ban abundantly.
    However I don't think they can, and I'm not willing to pay the price because others fail to play nicely.
    Actually if enough people reported the boxer and the GM responded while the boxer was online he could come into the zone to see the act himself and that would be enough to ban him. Kinda how Gms would pop in glff or world chat now when someone is griefing everyone.

Simple process that will never happen for 1 main reason $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Aldeld View Post
    Don't care, it's a non-issue. They're nothing but renown piñatas as far as myself and the people I run with are concerned. Send all your boxers to Meneldor please! We love farming them.
    try that with 6 rank 11 spiders and see how far that gets you.

/signed

but I almost have a feeling they allow them to run free because turbine does make money off boxers if you think about it. disabling follow just actually might stop them.

What a certain turbine dev sent me made me think after what he said that they actually love multi boxers because they seen one yet acted like it didn't even exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
    I remember Codemasters used a "non-damaging" rule versus clubbers, return their Rank to 0, it's the best penalty against clubbers, boxers, cheaters, it will make them think twice before cheating. Signed, but bans are not needed.
    That's a great idea. If turbine did this to clubs and boxers I'd be plenty happy.
    Signed

Disabling follow is bad idea. I'm following my fellow burg in stealth, not really comfortable to do this on your own, since u'll most likely break 5m range or something and pop out of stealth both of you.

I say ban. Disabling ranks is not that useful. Boxer is a lag as well, not only 1shot kill, no matter what rank he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopoldio View Post
    I say ban. Disabling ranks is not that useful. Boxer is a lag as well, not only 1shot kill, no matter what rank he is.
    This game was great when CM worked with it, GM's implied with community, etc... and the best penalty was, and is, of course reset the Ranks to 0, as told LOTRO under Codemasters rules did that, and if you see how Turbine looks towards cash, bans are not good for Turbine moneymaker$.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast