We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The Lonesome Road - Looking for friends and partners.

Hello friends! I've played the game on and off for 2 years now and I am in love with the world and lore. However, every time it sucks me in, I get burned out simply because I am tired of being alone.

I'm a roleplayer, but I want to see the game world, experience the content, the sites, the quests... you get the idea. I joined a heavy roleplay kin back during my first foray into the game, the roleplay was great, but as they were all near cap, the gap between our content was too great. I don't want to just stand around the shire or breeland, I want to see the vistas but lonely and dangerous is the road upward.

Every time I log on I jump into LFF, make a plug in regional or ask nearby players if they want to join forces, but alas it has not been successful.

As such, I am hoping to find someone or a few.. maybe other players like myself or with some low level alts they are working on that might be interested in grouping up! Most of my characters are in the 12-20 range. We can do some light roleplay along the way if you want or just quest and keep each other company. Or if someone knows of a kinship that still enjoys PVE content across all the levels, I'd love to hear those as well.

Obviously with a game as mature as LOTRO is I missed the boat with just starting out, but you can't catch any fish unless you cast a net!

Hello! You might want to consider our kinship, Courserrim. A lot of our members join in connection with taking the Coursera course “Online Games: Literature, New Media, and Narrative,” which features playing LOTRO as part of the course activity. Since the latest session of this course started in July, we have a lot of active players with characters who are currently in the 10-35 range, and we do a lot of group questing. For example, yesterday, we ran two simultaneous instances of the “Retake Weathertop” (level 22-ish) full fellowship epic quest, with characters in the low 20s to low 30s, in connection with one of the course assignments, and we expect to be running this quest several more times this week.

Since we are a general purpose kinship, most of our group questing is not associated with the course (the course is only in session maybe six weeks a year), and we also do group quests for much higher level characters as well, as our kinship has been around for about a year or so now. I would say our kinship is sort of role-play light (we are not hard-core roleplayers, but we tend to stay in character on the say channel).

It’s not necessary to take the course to join our kinship, and (if you don’t want to make a decision about joining a kinship right now), you are welcome to check out and join our website http://courserrim.guildlaunch.com/ which serves a larger community than just our kinship. Also we have a public user chat channel coursera, which you are welcome to use if you would to like to chat with a good number of people with characters on your characters’ level. You can also send a tell or in-game mail to Briallan if you have questions or would like more info.

Good luck with your search!
    Last edited by Rustinferth; Aug 04 2014 at 01:48 PM.

Hi,

you are most welcome to come and join the Club Eclair. We are Lvl 30 and on Tinnudir in Evendim right now.

You can find more about us in this thread: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...adventure-club

Greetings, Erikin

I'm a bit higher level, but I'm in the same boat. I played on and off for some years, and now I'm back and have no one to run around with. While I generally like to quest by myself, I'm always up for instances/skirmishes - or other general quests like "spend 20 minutes jumping up the side of a mountain" or "wipe twelve times trying to kill a rare mob that probably won't drop any loot anyway."

Feel free to add me to your list in case you ever want company! I have a level 46 minstrel named Rosemaryn

Smile

Similar boat - I've played this game from launch for a while, then off and on again at each expansion that got released. This time, I got a bit lax, so just got Riders of Rohan now, but getting sucked back in big time. Currently at level 77, Champion, called Eonathred. I'm a bit of a roleplayer as well, I just enjoy playing it all casually in any case. Feel free to add me!
    I sometimes wish to say something. But I just might say nothing at all.

As was mentioned above - there is Club Eclair - a slow-leveling group that is currently finishing up the Fornost instance and eastern Evendim. Next, we will raise our level cap to 32 for the Garth Agarwen instances. At 40, we will do the Annuminus instances. We will stop for a long time at. 45 to 50 for all of the content available there (Carn Dun, Sarnur, And Helegrod) and at 55 to 60 for the Moria content.

It is a roleplaying group. When we adventure, we walk - we explore - we wander over to the top of that hill because we are curious. We notice a lot of things other players have just run past. We patrol the landscape, and we do instances. Sometimes we have picnics. Sometimes we set our own challenges (like, August 23, 9:00 AM, our level 30 characters will make a second attempt to deliver supplies to the Ranger camp in Annuminus.

Where permitted, we adventure at 5 levels below content (so our Level 30 characters adventure in Level 35 content). In instances, if we do not find them challenging, we add a level (or two, or five) to get something that makes us put in some effort.)

It is NOT a kinship. We communicate using a user channel that you can join by typing "/joinchannel club-eclair".

I am also with another group that adventures in Moria around level 60. The Moria instances can now be done with three on - level characters, so when more than 6 show up, we can split into smaller groups easily enough. It still tends to be walk-and-talk, though not as much as Club Eclair. When Club Eclair gets to Moria, we will probably take on the Moria instances at Level 55.

If other groups form up at other levels, it would be nice to know about them.
    Last edited by Tiempko; Aug 12 2014 at 01:01 PM.
    Meadowlarke Sweetweed on Landroval. Also nephews and Bounders Ayrhawk, Wrennsong, and Little Meadowlark Sweetweed
    Club Eclair roleplaying group on Landroval currently capped at Level 45 in eastern Angmar for all Shadows of Angmar end-game content (Alphred Troute, Hedgerow Shrewburrow).

Club Éclair and Slowtro are both good way's of doing group adventures. and also get find others looking for similar types of play. Also atm there is an Rp group forming up. The interested parties are still grouping to work on details.
    We may or may not have to find others to fill roles. As unsure atm if everyone will fit the details such as schedule , class ect. But we have a static kin which may or may not become a way for others to search for other rper's, fellowship's ect. .
    This is a static kin. atm . Once the fellowship group is filled . It could still be used for people to search for other groupings or those rpers looking to fill a role or spot in there party. Kin name will be used to show your actively seeking fellowship. Char. Bio you will use for details such your schedule, role your looking to fill , and which type of fellowship seeking such as heavy rp, semi-rp or just reg. fellowship through the story.
    This static kin name is Seeker . My char. name is Erikdor lvl 13. , currently we're at the Prancing Pony 7-8 pm CST U.S. time zone (6PST-9 EST U.S.) getting the interested players together in 1 group to work on details as some are coming from other sever's. They'll make a kin on there own once the details and schedule are worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by muddytrousers View Post
    Club Éclair and Slowtro are both good way's of doing group adventures. and also get find others looking for similar types of play. Also atm there is an Rp group forming up. The interested parties are still grouping to work on details.
    We may or may not have to find others to fill roles. As unsure atm if everyone will fit the details such as schedule , class ect. But we have a static kin which may or may not become a way for others to search for other rper's, fellowship's ect. .
    This is a static kin. atm . Once the fellowship group is filled . It could still be used for people to search for other groupings or those rpers looking to fill a role or spot in there party. Kin name will be used to show your actively seeking fellowship. Char. Bio you will use for details such your schedule, role your looking to fill , and which type of fellowship seeking such as heavy rp, semi-rp or just reg. fellowship through the story.
    This static kin name is Seeker . My char. name is Erikdor lvl 13. , currently we're at the Prancing Pony 7-8 pm CST U.S. time zone (6PST-9 EST U.S.) getting the interested players together in 1 group to work on details as some are coming from other sever's. They'll make a kin on there own once the details and schedule are worked out.
    Has anyone joined up that's shown interest and is level 30-40 or so?

Quote Originally Posted by 1nfect View Post
    Has anyone joined up that's shown interest and is level 30-40 or so?
    An odd question to ask of Club Eclair. Everybody in the club is currently Level 30 (or 31). This is out current level cap. As a leveling club, we all level together so that we can group up for content at the same level. The proper way to experience Fornost is not to be lead around by some exceptionally high level character like a pet, but worth a bunch of other characters at the same level (and with the instance set at level 33 for added challenge)

Currently, we have about 12 active players running about 17 active characters in Club Eclair - level 30 - and about a half-dozen others who are sometimes present but less active.

You can follow our story here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...adventure-club

We have been active for 20 months. (We are in no hurry if somebody wants to catch up. Or, if you have a higher-level character that is just sitting there, we will reach your level eventually.)
    Meadowlarke Sweetweed on Landroval. Also nephews and Bounders Ayrhawk, Wrennsong, and Little Meadowlark Sweetweed
    Club Eclair roleplaying group on Landroval currently capped at Level 45 in eastern Angmar for all Shadows of Angmar end-game content (Alphred Troute, Hedgerow Shrewburrow).