We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

IXP quests, should I be doing them?

I am working through Eregion and quests are starting to offer legendary item xp as rerwards, but I don't have a legendary item and not sure how to get one as I haven't been following the main questline since I left Bree!

Should I not do these quests yet and go find the mainline somewhere?

Should I just head to the Black Pool and look for Hundi?

Or shoul I do them anyway and hope I get to keep the xp for later?

Quote Originally Posted by Wof View Post
    I am working through Eregion and quests are starting to offer legendary item xp as rerwards, but I don't have a legendary item and not sure how to get one as I haven't been following the main questline since I left Bree!

To get your first legendary items you need to finish Vol 2, Book 1 of the Epic. That starts and mostly takes place at the entrance to Moria, in southern Eregion. After you have done it you will not only have opened up the whole LI system, but will also be able to enter Moria.
    You do not need to have finished Vol 1 of the Epic first - Vol 2 is a completely separate story.

If you earn IXP without having any legendary items, then I am fairly sure the IXP will just be wasted.

Keep in mind, you can start the quest chain to earn your first Legendary Item as soon as lvl 45, which I recommend doing. The quests are listed as lvl 50, but are soloable by all classes. Though, you may want to skip the Half-Orc cave, depending on your class.

That way, you'll already have your Legendary Items by the time you start encountering quests listed as lvl 51+, which almost all award IXP. And, to confirm the above, if you don't have any Legendary Items to gain IXP, then the IXP is simply wasted. It's not held in escrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Wof View Post

Have you gotten your legendary book pages?

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Legendary_Book_Pages

If not I think you can buy the books from your trainer. You'll need to go back to the earlier regions to find some of the pages.

If so, you will need to complete Vol II Book 1 Chapter 9 for your first item and Champter 14 for your second item.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Legendary_Items
    [CENTER]Turbine - Tracing Yeti Folk[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Ogmu View Post
    You'll need to go back to the earlier regions to find some of the pages.
    Not necessarily. Considering all of the pages can be found in Moria.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Keep in mind, you can start the quest chain to earn your first Legendary Item as soon as lvl 45, which I recommend doing. The quests are listed as lvl 50, but are soloable by all classes. Though, you may want to skip the Half-Orc cave, depending on your class.

That way, you'll already have your Legendary Items by the time you start encountering quests listed as lvl 51+, which almost all award IXP. And, to confirm the above, if you don't have any Legendary Items to gain IXP, then the IXP is simply wasted. It's not held in escrow.
    By not having your first (and second) LI as early as possible, it's not just the Eregion IXP quests you are wasting. It's the IXP from ALL your kills of mobs 9 levels below you or higher, albeit not very much from the kills for much lower level mobs. The earlier non-IXP quests don't grant awards, but the kills do.

My main at L47 started back with her LIs and began slayer deeds in Forochel, Misty Mountains, and Eregion (Angmar is still on the list). At Level 51 she slotted 4 more trash LIs from Eregion drops to gain IXP, and at L53 she bought the XP Disabler to finish out all the Pre-Moria content. Level 53; because then you can cash in Rusted Dwarf Tools (Moria mob drops) to get more trash LIs when it's necessary.

I'm early into the LI game, but it seems that right at L50+, IXP is hard to come by. I'm scraping and saving any IXP I can get my hands on to level the starter weapons and to begin scrapping for legacy scrolls.
    Gladnagl-Elf LM, Gerbil-Hob Burg, Hamskald-Dwf Guard, Mithlind-Hum Mini, Talarka-Elf Hunt, || Laurelin EN-RP -- For RP; Join Club Slotro; bit.ly/slowtro

Thank you all for the information. I have my first LI now and a limited knowledge of what I am doing. I also know what I should not have been doing and will know better with my other characters.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Though, you may want to skip the Half-Orc cave, depending on your class.
    Oh please don't encourage people to skip the cave... sure it can be tough, but if they skip it, they have let all those Half-Orcs live. Bring help if you think you can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by -LoNgHiLL- View Post
    Oh please don't encourage people to skip the cave... sure it can be tough, but if they skip it, they have let all those Half-Orcs live. Bring help if you think you can't do it.
    I didn't know about maybe skipping the Orc Cave, I have already been in and slaughtered them with my Lore Master and her Kitty. I found it fairly easy at level 47.