We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 199
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    4,186
    Quote Originally Posted by sp33dccm View Post
    As I have said many times, if I can heal with, what others have said, is ROI mastery, and I do, heal just fine. what is the point of me stacking more if I get killed. This can happen in LOTS of situations eg. if LM forgets to debuff, I'm slightly out of position because I had to move to heal someone.. There is a large room for error in T2CM raiding. IF I am able to heal with ROI mastery perfectly fine, why would I need more? Why not stack more morale, so if something does go wrong, you are able to survive and without compromising the raid?

    Also, you say 25k is enough to survive content, try erebor t2cm. IF you get an unlucky devestate from an archer, followed by the aoe hit from one of the trolls, you're dead. While on the otherhand, I'll be alive, granted, I will be doing a lower HPS, but why should I care if everyone is already alive? Yes, these are all very 'if' situations, but by having the larger morale pool, for sake of losing HPS (HPS! NOT even healing capability) you make it safer for yourself, and can increase the margin for error both you and your raid can take without having to wipe and restart it.

    Said many times before, the mastery is not an issue. Yes, it will grant a higher HPS in your combat analysis. But at the end of the day, if everyone's alive, why should you care? And if more morale makes it easier on you and will make mistakes more forgiving? Why not. Put your HPS ego's aside, and make your raid safer..
    I've been running T2c raids lately - I have 17.3k morale unbuffed, about 20k buffed, and 51% crit defense before scrolls or a Tome of Defense. I haven't been one shot yet, nor killed by a crit (other than an elephant who hit me for 563,000 - how much morale should I stack again?). I have a 77% outgoing heal rating with over 60k tactical mastery. My raids have been doing fine, unless they get one-shot from lack of crit defense and mitigations.

    I have crit defense on 3 of my essence pieces for a total of 3 crit defense essences. I'd much rather put those in my gear than stack morale at the expense of everything else. Right now I feel it's a better choice.
    [CENTER]I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 100 Minstrel R10 ~ Barloren, 100 LM R5 ~ Teelara, 100 Cappy ~ The Storm Crusaders[/CENTER]

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A little hideaway
    Posts
    1,010
    Quote Originally Posted by sp33dccm View Post
    As I have said many times, if I can heal with, what others have said, is ROI mastery, and I do, heal just fine. what is the point of me stacking more if I get killed. This can happen in LOTS of situations eg. if LM forgets to debuff, I'm slightly out of position because I had to move to heal someone.. There is a large room for error in T2CM raiding. IF I am able to heal with ROI mastery perfectly fine, why would I need more? Why not stack more morale, so if something does go wrong, you are able to survive and without compromising the raid?

    Also, you say 25k is enough to survive content, try erebor t2cm. IF you get an unlucky devestate from an archer, followed by the aoe hit from one of the trolls, you're dead. While on the otherhand, I'll be alive, granted, I will be doing a lower HPS, but why should I care if everyone is already alive? Yes, these are all very 'if' situations, but by having the larger morale pool, for sake of losing HPS (HPS! NOT even healing capability) you make it safer for yourself, and can increase the margin for error both you and your raid can take without having to wipe and restart it.

    Said many times before, the mastery is not an issue. Yes, it will grant a higher HPS in your combat analysis. But at the end of the day, if everyone's alive, why should you care? And if more morale makes it easier on you and will make mistakes more forgiving? Why not. Put your HPS ego's aside, and make your raid safer..
    Actually... isn't stacking morale for the inferno counter productive?

    I do just fine with that much. I haven't been one shotted by anything yet and I survive things without much trouble

    If I'm alive, my heals are up to the challenge of a T2 run and everyone is alive, why should you care?

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    I've been running T2c raids lately - I have 17.3k morale unbuffed, about 20k buffed, and 51% crit defense before scrolls or a Tome of Defense. I haven't been one shot yet, nor killed by a crit (other than an elephant who hit me for 563,000 - how much morale should I stack again?). I have a 77% outgoing heal rating with over 60k tactical mastery. My raids have been doing fine, unless they get one-shot from lack of crit defense and mitigations.

    I have crit defense on 3 of my essence pieces for a total of 3 crit defense essences. I'd much rather put those in my gear than stack morale at the expense of everything else. Right now I feel it's a better choice.
    try doing ivar

    wound u can have a little less health and be fine I know when we did wound people didn't have to stack as much morale the fight is more of a dps race

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemiire View Post
    Actually... isn't stacking morale for the inferno counter productive?

    I do just fine with that much. I haven't been one shotted by anything yet and I survive things without much trouble

    If I'm alive, my heals are up to the challenge of a T2 run and everyone is alive, why should you care?
    Not counter productive if you're alive to survive 2 unlucky events back to back. With erebor being a long fight, you're likely to encounter that. Instead of chalking it up to unlucky, we'll get it next time, you could have said all cool, no drama. I've alive, heal up and carry on.

    All my arguments are geared towards T2CM Raiding only. You could waltz into T1 butt naked and survive without a scratch. Even T2 6mans, 20k unbuffed is fine. My arguments are aimed purely towards t2cm raiding.

    Also, I don't care. If you get it down, cool, good for you. I'm merely stating that in regards T2cm raiding, don't expect to waltz into certain fights and wonder what the hell just happened.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    I've been running T2c raids lately - I have 17.3k morale unbuffed, about 20k buffed, and 51% crit defense before scrolls or a Tome of Defense. I haven't been one shot yet, nor killed by a crit (other than an elephant who hit me for 563,000 - how much morale should I stack again?). I have a 77% outgoing heal rating with over 60k tactical mastery. My raids have been doing fine, unless they get one-shot from lack of crit defense and mitigations.

    I have crit defense on 3 of my essence pieces for a total of 3 crit defense essences. I'd much rather put those in my gear than stack morale at the expense of everything else. Right now I feel it's a better choice.
    I'd like to point out that with that morale level, I'm not forsaking everything else. Just mastery. I retain mitigation caps, 50.7% crit defense, 60% outgoing healing, also before tome of defense. In regards big hits, try erebor just IF by mistake your dps pushed it to blood rage 2. Rather than wipe it because your healers die, you can help cover them because you're still alive to heal. In my opinion, 17% healing, which is 635 more morale per bolster courage, is not worth it if you are able to cover other people's mistakes and make the raid safer.

    You also mention that you've been 'running' raids. Implying you're succeeding or failing? If you have indeed attempted Smaug T2CM, Erebor T2CM or Ivar T2CM with your current morale levels, I find this shocking. These are the specific raids in which I reckon you need more morale. As I have said before, I gear to complete specific raids. If I need a separate build for separate raids, so be it. Enjoy your 'one size fits all' mini.

  5. #105
    Someone need to post some screenshots ... I have mits maxed, 19,5k morale unbuffed, 27% crit chance (5% from the 2 pieces set from DA), crit defence 60%, resistance 39% and my TMR is only 42k. I dont realise how much I could swap to be able to reach so much TMR like you said, over 60k... My morale is ok for me now, I am ok doing T2's but still, dunno where is that much diference between us as TMR ...

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A little hideaway
    Posts
    1,010
    Quote Originally Posted by sp33dccm View Post
    Not counter productive if you're alive to survive 2 unlucky events back to back. With erebor being a long fight, you're likely to encounter that. Instead of chalking it up to unlucky, we'll get it next time, you could have said all cool, no drama. I've alive, heal up and carry on.

    All my arguments are geared towards T2CM Raiding only. You could waltz into T1 butt naked and survive without a scratch. Even T2 6mans, 20k unbuffed is fine. My arguments are aimed purely towards t2cm raiding.

    Also, I don't care. If you get it down, cool, good for you. I'm merely stating that in regards T2cm raiding, don't expect to waltz into certain fights and wonder what the hell just happened.
    I don't expect to walk into anything and waltz through it. I never said anything of the sorts. My argument is that my build works for me, so there's no need to get patronizing.

    You can wear a tutu with might stats on your character if you want; I'm not raiding with you, it's not my character, it's not my problem. But don't act like only you are right, only your way is the right way and everyone else is wrong.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    4,186
    Quote Originally Posted by sp33dccm View Post
    You also mention that you've been 'running' raids. Implying you're succeeding or failing? If you have indeed attempted Smaug T2CM, Erebor T2CM or Ivar T2CM with your current morale levels, I find this shocking. These are the specific raids in which I reckon you need more morale. As I have said before, I gear to complete specific raids. If I need a separate build for separate raids, so be it. Enjoy your 'one size fits all' mini.
    Succeeding in OD and BG so far T2c, we haven't tried the rest. I figure by the time I get the 6th piece of essence gear I'll hit around 18k morale unbuffed (22k+ buffed) and over 60% crit defense.

    I don't plan on making a set of gimpy morale gear to run one or two raids just because somebody thinks I should. I still believe that if light armour classes have to have 26-30k morale the game is wrong, not the light armour class. I'm enjoying my "one size fits all" minstrel very much, thank you for the well wishes.
    [CENTER]I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 100 Minstrel R10 ~ Barloren, 100 LM R5 ~ Teelara, 100 Cappy ~ The Storm Crusaders[/CENTER]

  8. #108


    NCF T2C solo

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcwen View Post
    Congrats !
    I don't think I can do it with my Champ (although OP class) without essences gear (in U10-U12, the Cauldron was harder for me than the 2nd boss), and no 2H LI on my Guardian, then certainly not enough DPS.
    You have probably improved your gear since the video of WP T2 ? (you had some 95 stuff + 2*85 Hytbold)
    Last edited by Castorix; Sep 02 2014 at 07:40 AM.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcwen View Post


    NCF T2C solo
    Superb! I have question, though. What is your Crit Defence at?

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    Congrats !
    I don't think I can do it with my Champ (although OP class) without essences gear (in U10-U12, the Cauldron was harder for me than the 2nd boss), and no 2H LI on my Guardian, then certainly not enough DPS.
    You have probably improved your gear since the video of WP T2 ? (you had some 95 stuff + 2*85 Hytbold)
    I got my lvl 100 FAs, and since the passives on the staff were different I changed some essences and virtues to bring it back in balance. I gained some mits (now capped without scrolls) and crit with it, lost a little mastery (because one of the virtues isn't maxed out yet) and some fate/power.
    I still used the 2 pieces of AF hytbold set for +3 water-lore pulses, as that set really makes a huge difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    Superb! I have question, though. What is your Crit Defence at?
    Eh.. for the 2nd boss, 56%. For the cauldron I think something like 47%.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A little hideaway
    Posts
    1,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcwen View Post


    NCF T2C solo
    Bless your patience . I might try it and see how it goes, that is if I don't see something shiny halfway through the fight and lose concentration. Haha

    I do have one question though. Isn't the 'Divided you shall fall' prompt a distributed damage attack? So wouldn't I take less damage if I stayed there with my pet for the distributed? I really don't remember how this used to be done at 65, hence my confusion. At 85, 95 and now we usually just run there to stack with the tank. Am I mistaken?

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemiire View Post
    Bless your patience . I might try it and see how it goes, that is if I don't see something shiny halfway through the fight and lose concentration. Haha

    I do have one question though. Isn't the 'Divided you shall fall' prompt a distributed damage attack? So wouldn't I take less damage if I stayed there with my pet for the distributed? I really don't remember how this used to be done at 65, hence my confusion. At 85, 95 and now we usually just run there to stack with the tank. Am I mistaken?
    At the first attempt, I assumed that the distributed ignores your pet, as there are several other distributed attacks that (used to) work like that.
    But, yes it's distributed over you and your pet if you both stand close, but you can avoid it entirely (which I didn't succeed in all the time) if you run out of range. I just always tried to completely avoid it, since if I fail at that, it still gets distributed, and otherwise I dodge a 7.5k hit. More importantly was that always running means I don't have to keep extra focus on whether debuffs/pet was covered when the attack gets announced, since just that moment of thinking can mean you're too late.

    There were a few times he used the breath attack ("I shall unleash a gift upon those that face me!") right after I ran away, so I couldn't dodge those. So it might have been safer to always stay close instead of running. Running does however give me the time to heal back up to full so I can actually take that hit.
    If this attempt failed that would probably have been a likely change in tactics, that would probably also have fixed my power issues. Anyway, with some problems like this it's more entertaining to watch, isn't it? :P

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A little hideaway
    Posts
    1,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcwen View Post
    At the first attempt, I assumed that the distributed ignores your pet, as there are several other distributed attacks that (used to) work like that.
    But, yes it's distributed over you and your pet if you both stand close, but you can avoid it entirely (which I didn't succeed in all the time) if you run out of range. I just always tried to completely avoid it, since if I fail at that, it still gets distributed, and otherwise I dodge a 7.5k hit. More importantly was that always running means I don't have to keep extra focus on whether debuffs/pet was covered when the attack gets announced, since just that moment of thinking can mean you're too late.

    There were a few times he used the breath attack ("I shall unleash a gift upon those that face me!") right after I ran away, so I couldn't dodge those. So it might have been safer to always stay close instead of running. Running does however give me the time to heal back up to full so I can actually take that hit.
    If this attempt failed that would probably have been a likely change in tactics, that would probably also have fixed my power issues. Anyway, with some problems like this it's more entertaining to watch, isn't it? :P
    I actually sat through the full 17 minutes of video and I'm not proud to say I had the knee-jerk reflex to click some skills. Great job though. I'll post results if / when I try it myself.

  15. #115
    Check your inbox, Vulcwen- I'd love to have a chat with you.
    I am curious, did you trait for the Out in the Cold Mastery debuff, and do you have any idea how strong it is?

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcwen View Post


    NCF T2C solo
    This only shows how broken waterlore is, I know this player and I know they are terrible at their class(shown by their absolutely ridiculously low DPS), for them to be able to solo anything short of a solo lvl 50 skirm is astonishing to me, if turbine watch this and dont see what I am seeing then I pray for the future of this game

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaelon View Post
    This only shows how broken waterlore is, I know this player and I know they are terrible at their class(shown by their absolutely ridiculously low DPS), for them to be able to solo anything short of a solo lvl 50 skirm is astonishing to me, if turbine watch this and dont see what I am seeing then I pray for the future of this game

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaelon View Post
    This only shows how broken waterlore is, I know this player and I know they are terrible at their class(shown by their absolutely ridiculously low DPS), for them to be able to solo anything short of a solo lvl 50 skirm is astonishing to me, if turbine watch this and dont see what I am seeing then I pray for the future of this game
    I'm terrible at trolling, can you teach me?

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    4,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaelon View Post
    This only shows how broken waterlore is, I know this player and I know they are terrible at their class(shown by their absolutely ridiculously low DPS), for them to be able to solo anything short of a solo lvl 50 skirm is astonishing to me, if turbine watch this and dont see what I am seeing then I pray for the future of this game
    Perhaps you could get your LM video up so we can see how it's supposed to be done? It always seems to me you give up something for survivability, and in this case the dps seems to have been a fair trade-off because it worked.
    [CENTER]I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 100 Minstrel R10 ~ Barloren, 100 LM R5 ~ Teelara, 100 Cappy ~ The Storm Crusaders[/CENTER]

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    I dont get whats funny about what I said, care to explain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcwen View Post
    I'm terrible at trolling, can you teach me?
    I'm sorry, I'm not trolling so I cant teach you how to do something I'm not doing, you are one of the worst LMs I have ever seen play this game and for you to even be able to link this solo(courtesy of one of the most broken skills this game has to offer, Water-lore) is a joke in itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    Perhaps you could get your LM video up so we can see how it's supposed to be done?
    I'm actually right now in the process of doing so just for you so when you see my god LM video know that you, Beaniemooch, are the solo reason for that god LM playing again
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    It always seems to me you give up something for survivability, and in this case the dps seems to have been a fair trade-off because it worked.
    He's not trading off anything big for that survivability, don't kid yourself, you can easily get capped mits with only sarchol and crafted relics and 23k morale is achievable with less than 1/2 of your gear on. Please explain to me what "survivability" he is giving up? As for dps, I(and any decent LM) could achieve that dps at 85 easily, for him to be putting that out at 100 is just a joke, even my 95 dps was almost double what he is putting out ST.

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    4,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaelon View Post
    I'm actually right now in the process of doing so just for you so when you see my god LM video know that you, Beaniemooch, are the solo reason for that god LM playing again
    Happy to be the reason you got your LM out again. You may call him god if you like.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaelon View Post
    He's not trading off anything big for that survivability, don't kid yourself, you can easily get capped mits with only sarchol and crafted relics and 23k morale is achievable with less than 1/2 of your gear on. Please explain to me what "survivability" he is giving up? As for dps, I(and any decent LM) could achieve that dps at 85 easily, for him to be putting that out at 100 is just a joke, even my 95 dps was almost double what he is putting out ST.
    Interesting because my minstrel doesn't have 23k with all my gear on because I'd have to give up dps/hps to do it. Tradeoffs. I do have capped mits through virtues and the scrolls on my weapons/book. As to whether he's a god like you or trash as you say matters not to me. I'm always impressed when somebody solos content that I've seen 3-man groups fail on.

    Kudos to you both for accomplishing it.
    [CENTER]I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 100 Minstrel R10 ~ Barloren, 100 LM R5 ~ Teelara, 100 Cappy ~ The Storm Crusaders[/CENTER]

  22. #122
    Alright, Thaelon, post the video, bud. Your remarks are so irrational that they don't even deserve a response. Show us the video.

  23. #123

    We got This

    Quote Originally Posted by Eruadarion View Post
    Dear fellow LotRO players!

    Recently, there are some interesting discussions going on concerning the new difficulty of T2C instances.
    1.) I am strongly against an "overall nerf" for all instances because I think some instances are balanced quite well in U14, at least for Level 100.
    2.) I agree some instances need minor tweaks because they seem to be quite impossible.

    I would like to start a game that will help the developers to get the balance in T2 / T2C instances right.

    And this is how the game works:
    All scaleable instances are listed below. If a team can provide videos/screenshots how they completed those instances in T2C and explain the basic mechanics in this thread, they will be honored in this first post by mentioning their names and kinship.

    Rules:
    - No bugs/exploits must be used

    This Forum-Game will be useful for:
    - The Devs because they can see which instances remain unbeaten and probably need adjustments.
    - Other players because they will profit from the posted videos and the explaination of the mechanics.
    - Those who like challenge and competition. (Who can beat T2C and show screenshots/videos first?)


    Instances already completed in T2C:
    Erebor: Fires of Smaug We Got This - Nimrodel
    ITA: Ost Dunhoth - Disease We Got This - Nimrodel
    ITA: Ost Dunhoth - Poison We Got This - Nimrodel
    ITA: Ost Dunhoth - Wound We Got This - Nimrodel
    ITA: Ost Dunhoth - Fear We Got This - Nimrodel
    ITA: Ost Dunhoth - Ivar We Got This - Nimrodel
    ITA: Ost Dunhoth - Gortheron We Got This - Nimrodel
    Dol Guldur: BG - Durchest We Got This - Nimrodel,
    Dol Guldur: BG - Twins We Got This - Nimrodel,
    Dol Guldur: BG - Lieutenant We Got This - Nimrodel
    Instances not yet completed in T2C:

    Erebor: Battle for Erebor
    Erebor: Flight to the Lonely Mountain
    Dol Guldur: Dungeons


    Note: Helegrod, Annuminas, GB and School/Library are not listed because there is no T2.
    this just makes me feel happy sorry for spam but it has to be done to show my happieness

  24. #124

    BFE T2c done WGT Nimrodel



    there u all go we did it grats We Got This Nimrodel

    people think its impossible look at that people complain about gear heres proof that its not impossible

  25. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by devdor View Post


    there u all go we did it grats We Got This Nimrodel

    people think its impossible look at that people complain about gear heres proof that its not impossible
    Realized that the pic morale is in percentage heres another pic with morale on


 

 
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload