We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    my system was crashing a lot on random load screens, i was avoiding swift travelling/vaults as much as possible.

I just recently cleaned my case out with compressed air+ reseated everything + replaced thermal paste on my cpu and lol! no more crashing
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0100002e1bb7/signature.png]Cokaine[/charsig]

I am also getting these crashing issues. It looks like it is probably a memory leak or problem with the resource cache not being able to manage it's memory usage correctly, the net result is that it exceeds the maximum memory footprint and then crashes. Can someone from turbine PLEASE make a statement about this. I have just crashed 8 times in the past 45 minutes. The issues started for me in update 12. I have a computer with a GTX770, 8GB Ram, 4700 Intel processor. Please dont tell me that I have to run my game in DX9 on the lowest settings!!

My issues are similar to others, crashes when using vaults, zoning into new areas, basically anything that needs to load something new into memory can cause issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybermooj View Post
    I am also getting these crashing issues. It looks like it is probably a memory leak or problem with the resource cache not being able to manage it's memory usage correctly, the net result is that it exceeds the maximum memory footprint and then crashes. Can someone from turbine PLEASE make a statement about this. I have just crashed 8 times in the past 45 minutes. The issues started for me in update 12. I have a computer with a GTX770, 8GB Ram, 4700 Intel processor. Please dont tell me that I have to run my game in DX9 on the lowest settings!!

My issues are similar to others, crashes when using vaults, zoning into new areas, basically anything that needs to load something new into memory can cause issues.
    I know the feeling. I've got the same problems, but only on LOTRO. Not on Rift online. Not on other mmos requiring way more memory and processing.

I've played off and on since LOTRO was new. I enjoyed doing the rift raids when it first came out at 50. I just came back from a year away. I just built a computer 2 weeks ago. I'm fine with hardware but hate tweaking, work arounds, etc. with software (not my cup of tea). I'm interested in LOTRO fixing it. It's their job and we pay them for it. I just paid for the expansion and I can't sell at npcs without about a 75% of client crashing. I'm thinking of taking another year break after demanding a refund for the expansion I just bought if it isn't fixed soon. Not my job to debug the game and I'd be surprised if this didn't come up when they were testing it.

I use windows 7, 16 gigs ram, etc. Turbine please fix this as a broken awesome game is not an awesome game.
    Thank-you.
    I pop, pop, shrews in the head, ed, ed,
    And I eat what's left when the shrews are dead.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000195bbf/signature.png]Popnpip[/charsig]

I used to have a rock solid machine for LOTRO (Win 8.1 64bit), until a few weeks ago I decided I finally want to comfortably play in Ultra High Quality and upgraded from AMD 6850 1GB to NVidia GTX 960 2GB.

The result is that where I had the occasional crash once or twice a tear with AMD, now I'm having crashes every evening.

With the AMD card lotroclient.exe memory usage barely scraped 2Gb, now it's generally well over 2Gb and rising.

What bugs me the most is that THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO ERROR MESSAGE. It's just as if someone had pressed Alt-F4.

Suspect the fabled memory leak as well. A few kinmates running GTX 970 are experiencing identical issues.

So far I've tried:
    • Playing with texture cache at 0.0, 0.5 and 1.0 - no difference.
    • I forced LOTRO to Vista compatibility - no difference (although the game actually felt smoother then).
    • Tried forcing LOTRO to XP compatibility, but then the game showed only DX9 as available, so that was a no go.

Here's hoping Turbine and NVidia will find a way for the game to be played normally on modern day hardware.

This is getting old. This problem has been around for quite some time now and still has not been properly addressed.

After the 14.1 patch, I too began experiencing crashes for the first time. Never had them before.

They occur at the speed of light. You are playing.... and then instantly you are looking at desktop.

You don't even see the game close -it happens that fast! (if only it launched that fast -.-)

No error screen, no error code, no warning of any kind.... just *blink* and you are staring at your desktop like ###!?

Now... with this new update from Monday, it's even worse.

Same thing - speed of light crash, but this time it occurred during launch. Really??? seriously???

Then, I barely get in game, not 5 minutes later.. *blink* .. *desktop* ###?!!?!!??!

I'm really getting sick and tired of this.

Could you PLEASE fix the crash issues. It's not like you haven't had enough feedback to know about it. This thread is proof enough.
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow][I][B][COLOR=red]*gasp*[/COLOR][/B][/I] :eek: [/COLOR][COLOR=lime]I have to kill [I]THAT[/I] many for the deed?!?![/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    Could you PLEASE fix the crash issues. It's not like you haven't had enough feedback to know about it. This thread is proof enough.
    What bugs me the most is that there is absolutely no error message. Nothing in Windows Event Logs either.

It's almost as if the game just quits by itself. Although when I quit the game, it takes a while to close.

Please, et least add some meaningful error message for when the client closes unexpectedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jullandar View Post
    What bugs me the most is that there is absolutely no error message. Nothing in Windows Event Logs either.
    Nothing in lotroclient.log or CrashHandler* files ?
    (in %localappdata%)
    Last edited by Castorix; Apr 02 2015 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    Nothin in lotroclient.log or CrashHandler* files ?
    (in %localappdata%)
    Uh oh. Found 'em! Although it only states the fact that it crashed and seemingly uploads crash data to Turbine. No trace or info about the actual crash reason though.

Just to put in my two cents: I'm having the same issues as Spaz and others. I used to only crash at Bree (I assumed it was because it's so crowded and it overloaded). But just recently (last week, or thereabouts) I've gone into Rohan, and now the game crashes all the time. Not only every night, but multiple times per night. Multiple times per few hours. Sometimes every 5-20 minutes. There are no error messages or anything, just a few seconds where it freezes, and then I'm looking at my desktop. It almost always happens when I'm entering a building or trying to talk to a vendor or advance a quest, although there have been a scant few times where it locked up in the middle of nowhere with absolutely no logical cause. Still, I cringe every time a quest makes me go inside a building, because I just KNOW I'm going to be booted. That makes game-play rather sad, because I'm always dreading indoor quests! That's the antithesis of what the game is made for.

I tried adjusting the graphics quality just in case that was contributing to it, but even after lowering it to a notch below the "auto-detect" settings, I still crash all the time. I use a laptop, which is a bit old and basic (Vista, 3GB RAM, Pentium T4200... everything on default settings) but I've never had any issues before now. So yeah. Just putting this out there. I'd love to know what to do to stop this from happening all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    This is getting old. This problem has been around for quite some time now and still has not been properly addressed.

After the 14.1 patch, I too began experiencing crashes for the first time. Never had them before.

They occur at the speed of light. You are playing.... and then instantly you are looking at desktop.

You don't even see the game close -it happens that fast! (if only it launched that fast -.-)

No error screen, no error code, no warning of any kind.... just *blink* and you are staring at your desktop like ###!?

Now... with this new update from Monday, it's even worse.

Same thing - speed of light crash, but this time it occurred during launch. Really??? seriously???

Then, I barely get in game, not 5 minutes later.. *blink* .. *desktop* ###?!!?!!??!

I'm really getting sick and tired of this.

same here. I recently returned to lotro after 4-5 year hiatus. I had a computer built so that I could play a mmorpg and i choose lotro to play. my computer is 2-3 months old (which is how long i have been back). i run nothing else on this computer. there are no 'conflicts'. i do not recall any of these errors happening very early on when i first returned ... but i do recall that as i gained more levels and specifically when i leveled multiple professions, that i would ocassionally get this mysteriouos crash. some days i do not crash - even after 12+ hours of play with multiple alt swaps. other days, the very first character i log into crashes. for me, this usually (99% of the time) happens when i have either the crafting menu or the auction house screen opened.
    Learn much I must
    Kill many I will
    Grow stronger
    Live Longer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2