We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Game keeps crashing after 14.1 patch.

Game keeps crashing after today's 14.1 patch. Just seems to happen randomly. Was not an issue yesterday. Will be playing just fine then the game stops and crashes back to desktop. Not BSOD. Just game related.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220200000005ee71/01007/signature.png]Aethelrond[/charsig]
    "Not all those who wander are lost."

Same here, except I cannot get back into the game without going into the graphics options under repair in the launcher menu and choose to reset to default. I never change anything, just let it reset the graphics and jump in, and yet after about 5-10 minutes, crash to desktop, and I have to start the process over.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandrumnus View Post
    Same here, except I cannot get back into the game without going into the graphics options under repair in the launcher menu and choose to reset to default. I never change anything, just let it reset the graphics and jump in, and yet after about 5-10 minutes, crash to desktop, and I have to start the process over.
    I just started having the same issue, just curios what OS are you using? (ie: Windows 7, 8, vista) Do you have an ATI video card or an NVidea graphics card?

The more information, the better....

Also, as a general rule, after any update you have issues with, take the three programs out of your firewall/virus real time scanning/security software exceptions and add them back. (Always at least do manual scans of the game program and it's backup location as viruses can attach to both.)

If that doesn't help next try running under a
    clean boot to test and also try updating drivers and bios, etc.

If that doesn't help then
    check your disk and check Windows.

These things help to narrow down the issue.

Same here. U14.1 is crashing a lot. I was having no trouble before. =(

Quote Originally Posted by EmyrSelyf View Post
    The more information, the better....

Also, as a general rule, after any update you have issues with, take the three programs out of your firewall/virus real time scanning/security software exceptions and add them back. (Always at least do manual scans of the game program and it's backup location as viruses can attach to both.)

If that doesn't help next try running under a
    clean boot to test and also try updating drivers and bios, etc.

If that doesn't help then
    check your disk and check Windows.

These things help to narrow down the issue.
    Did all this. Same issue. Game runs for a couple minutes, and poof, crash. No event in the event viewer. All my other games are still running fine. I have made no changes to my computer in weeks. The only thing that changed was the update to LOTRO.

I've started getting crashes as well. Usually every 30-45 mins, and most often occurs when I am transitioning into/out of a building or accessing a vendor. Also will occur in a heavily populated areas were it will just freeze in place then crash.

Everything on my end has checked out, and other games are having zero problems. I suspect this is related to the memory leak issues the game has had in the past (when RoR released, when HD released, etc...) as the crashes I'm experiencing are almost identical to the ones that occurred then.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandrumnus View Post
    Did all this. Same issue. Game runs for a couple minutes, and poof, crash. No event in the event viewer. All my other games are still running fine. I have made no changes to my computer in weeks. The only thing that changed was the update to LOTRO.

If you haven't changed anything in weeks, take a look and see if there is a GPU driver or some other update.

I'm not pointing a finger at drivers/bios, just saying it's worth looking, just in case they snuck one in.

(It might be worth a clean reinstall, even if they didn't, just to rule it out.)

and then there's those lovely Microsoft updates that come out on patch tuesdays....