We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can't barter FA symbols

For some reason, I can't barter for the new FA symbols at the skirmish camps.
    I have enough medallions for it, but it remains greyed out.
    Does anyone else have this problem?
    Is there some deed I need to complete before I can barter?

If you are looking at the level 85 First Age tokens at the skirmish camp then yes, there is a deed associated with being able to barter them.

The tokens come in three prices. To be able to barter for the highest price you need to complete all three Erebor raids(Flight to the Lonely Mountain, Battle for Erebor, Fires of Smaug) at Tier 1 difficulty. The middle price is available if you have completed all of them on T2. The lowest price is for completing them on T2 challenge.

Hope that helps.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000e0046/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I'm trying to barter the level 65 symbol that was added in 14.1.
    The level 75 and 85 symbols are also greyed out though.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Finrarion View Post
    For some reason, I can't barter for the new FA symbols at the skirmish camps.
    I have enough medallions for it, but it remains greyed out.
    Does anyone else have this problem?
    Is there some deed I need to complete before I can barter?

We replaced the symbols (they used to all be the level 85 ones) but neglected to remove the Deed requirement. Unfortunately in order to barter for these you will need to complete the Erebor - Challenge deed. It will be fixed with the next update.

Any idea when the next update will be ?
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    Any idea when the next update will be ?
    Not at this time, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Not at this time, no.
    As this is going to be fixed in the next update, I'd like to take this timely opportunity to ask that you not tie them to any deed that requires challenge quest completion, unless it is for an unscalable instance.

Doing so means that only people at level cap will be able to barter them, as challenge quests only activate for level cap (another thing that needs changing btw ). This makes the system pointless, or a cash cow for high level players to sell them on the AH to low levels. You can see this happening right now on the AH, during this time between the two updates while the bug is active.

Please ensure that however you fix it, the levels that require these items will actually be able to obtain them.

Why does it take a full update to fix this instead of just plugging the needed information in when we are down for maintenance?

Quote Originally Posted by skypuppy5 View Post
    Why does it take a full update to fix this instead of just plugging the needed information in when we are down for maintenance?
    A game update is the only way to plug in the needed information.

Turbine stopped doing maintenance and updates at the same time because:

1) The update adds hours to the down time. Turbine having a six hour maintenance. Add in an update, you are looking at 10+ hours.

2) At least once, the servers choked - refused to come up when maintenance and an update were applied at the same time. That was followed by a long analysis and fix it time period. If Turbine works anything like the companies I work for, the usual response is that the application group - in this case Lotro has to roll back their application. Another attempt to bring up the system up is made. This situation means a new update has to be created that works with the server configuration that exists after maintenance.

You can avoid all the expense by waiting to test your release candidate against the current server configuration. Make any necessary changes without having to wait for a failure to run error on the live systems. Hopefully your test of the release candidate does not miss a gotcha that bites you.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Cool

Thanks for that information now i understand better.

Good to know that this issue will be fixed soon. I made a nice FA for someone yesterday and thought to myself that I would like to make a level 65 GRD Belt or Axe, went to the skirmish camp and all the FA symbols were greyed out, can't barter for them because I haven't completed the Erebor requirements. I am happy to wait for this to be fixed.

If I recall correctly, the option to buy level 85 first age symbols is now only available if you beat Erebor on T2C, while previously there were more expensive options to buy them after beating it at T2 or T1. Any particular reason for this? Now that Erebor is in the rearview mirror, I don't see why the gear is locked behind T2C. I could understand leaving it at T1, or just removing the lock, but T2C-only seems unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    We replaced the symbols (they used to all be the level 85 ones) but neglected to remove the Deed requirement. Unfortunately in order to barter for these you will need to complete the Erebor - Challenge deed. It will be fixed with the next update.
    This restriction may be lifted as of today with Update 14.2.
    At least the Bullroarer Beta Releases Notes do say so: "The level 65/75/85 Symbols of the Elder King offers by the skirmish NPC no longer require the Erebor Challenge Deed." I assume, this change will make its way to live today. Let's wait a couple of hours until the patch notes are available and then see...

Quote Originally Posted by Raffazahn View Post
    This restriction may be lifted as of today with Update 14.2.
    At least the Bullroarer Beta Releases Notes do say so: "The level 65/75/85 Symbols of the Elder King offers by the skirmish NPC no longer require the Erebor Challenge Deed." I assume, this change will make its way to live today. Let's wait a couple of hours until the patch notes are available and then see...
    Update 14.2 will go live this monday (september 15), not today.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

can you barter for them now outright? or do you need to beat the regular deed?

I'm stuck at work all day :P