We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Imbued weapons

Imbued weapons

Is this in game yet? I saw it in the producers letter but haven't seen another mention of it.
    Ughidontknow rnk 14 hunter...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post
    Is this in game yet? I saw it in the producers letter but haven't seen another mention of it.
    I believe this feature is due out near the end of the year.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Tnx yula, really looking forward to this.
    Ughidontknow rnk 14 hunter...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

Try april/march next year

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Unfortunately this feature has been delayed under sometime in 2015. The earliest it will arrive will be Update 16 which will be March or April. Unless it slips again.

Afaik Rowan mentioned that at the latest it will be U16

Question

What is an imbues weapon anyway? How is it different from an LI?
    [CENTER][B]Creeps[/B] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B]R9 Warg: Gurbursh[/B] [B]R8 Reaver: Mozkil R6 Warleader: Kozki[/B]l[/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B]Freeps[/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [B] R4 Warden: Cleglo[/B][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by soulestice View Post
    What is an imbues weapon anyway? How is it different from an LI?
    In theory, an imbued LI will have its stats increase with your level.
    Thus, it would remove the need to grind out a new LI each time the level cap is increased.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    In theory, an imbued LI will have its stats increase with your level.
    Thus, it would remove the need to grind out a new LI each time the level cap is increased.
    Oh ok, thank you for a quick reply and clearing that up for me.
    [CENTER][B]Creeps[/B] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B]R9 Warg: Gurbursh[/B] [B]R8 Reaver: Mozkil R6 Warleader: Kozki[/B]l[/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B]Freeps[/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [B] R4 Warden: Cleglo[/B][/CENTER]

Imbued weapons - put your ideas, hopes and fears here!

Hi all,

thanks for starting this thread.

I couldn't see anywhere on the forums where we could provide specific feedback on imbued weapons. So, I think we should start one, using this thread.

I find the idea very exciting, not just because it could end the "every update regrind your LI" issue, but because of the amazing possibilities that could be opened up.

Suggest we post our ideas around some of the following (non-exhaustive) themes:

- design principles
    - how they should be obtained
    - game mechanics
    - how these relate to lore
    - what Turbine should definitely, absolutely NOT do

I really hope we get at least some of what we ask for

Maegren

Quote Originally Posted by Maegren View Post
    Hi all,

thanks for starting this thread.

I couldn't see anywhere on the forums where we could provide specific feedback on imbued weapons. So, I think we should start one, using this thread.

I find the idea very exciting, not just because it could end the "every update regrind your LI" issue, but because of the amazing possibilities that could be opened up.

Suggest we post our ideas around some of the following (non-exhaustive) themes:

- design principles
    - how they should be obtained
    - game mechanics
    - how these relate to lore
    - what Turbine should definitely, absolutely NOT do

I really hope we get at least some of what we ask for

Maegren
    So to get this rolling, here are my randomish thoughts

DESIGN PRINCIPLES

- any kind of player, F2P, Premium, VIP, can obtain imbued weapons, provided they have the Moria expansion
    - any kind of player, F2P, Premium, VIP, can get full access to all the features, attributes and distinctive abilities of imbued weapons
    - because some of the distinctive attributes and features will be gated behind access to specific regions, players will only be able to access some specific attributes and features these if they have specific region access, either through store purchase or VIP subscription
    - imbued weapons should only apply to legendary items
    - you can imbue any legendary item
    - they should apply to both LI weapons and LI class items
    - they should apply to legendary items of any level
    - they should apply to legendary items of any class, First Age, Second Age, Third Age
    - they should apply to legendary items whether the item is LI level 1 or level 70, has 3 starlits or none, has 6 legacies or 7
    - it should be possible to imbue the very first legendary item that a character obtains. So a player could take the starter LI and use it forever, if they chose
    - imbuing a legendary item means that the item will always increase level, up to the current cap of the character using it
    - when the character level increases, the legendary item imbued level can increase
    - when future updates increase the character cap, the legendary item imbued level can increase
    - there should be a profound sense of emotion and wonder when getting an imbued weapon. Imbued weapons should be rare and difficult to obtain.
    - Getting one should give a sense of achievement and excitement that is x 5 getting a First Age level cap weapon. Having one should inspire respect and awe from your kinmates and other players.
    - the number available to each character should be limited
    - when a weapon is imbued, that is a permanent characteristic that cannot be toggled on and off
    - a weapon cannot be un-imbued, or have its imbued status removed, except by destruction
    - you can add distinctive abilities to your imbued weapon which you cannot do to an un-imbued legendary item
    - imbued weapons can be reforged to change qualities and add new distinctive features
    - the distinctive abilities should be directly linked to the story of your character, what they do and achieve
    - the distinctive abilities do not all have to be beneficial. See below.
    - to obtain the distinctive abilities, the player will need to journey far and wide in Middle Earth. This will expose players to regions they may not have covered in depth before, and will expose them to new aspects of Tolkien lore.
    - because of the distinctive abilities, an imbued Third Age weapon that has undergone many experiences could be significantly more potent than an unimbued First Age weapon
    - not all the distinctive abilities should be accessible at all times. Player choice may affect some of them. Others may only be triggered in certain situations
    - the distinctive abilities do not just have to be combat abilities
    - the distinctive abilities should not be overpowering and game breaking abilities. But they should be powerful, distinctive abilities that are either very difficult or impossible to replicate through other methods
    - imbued weapons should be mysterious and powerful. The distinctive features and abilities should not all be obvious, and many should only emerge through player discovery.

HOW THEY SHOULD BE OBTAINED

- Imbued weapons should be not for sell. A player has to earn it through their skill.
    - Imbued weapons should NEVER be available through store, random drops, skirmish traders for marks, medallions and seals, barter traders for landscape tokens or festival tokens, or loot boxes.
    - They should not be tradeable on AH
    - Imbued weapons should only be obtained as the reward for succeeding in a unique, difficult, challenging quest line, that is challenging for players at all levels.
    - this quest line should include difficult instances, and characters with inadequate gear, virtues and gameplay skill should expect to fail them
    - characters who have developed their gear, virtues and skill should have a good chance of succeeding
    - the instances should be a solo instance. this is an individual achievement, so it should be achieved by solo play
    - Inspiration buffs should NOT be available
    - In other words, this is crying out for a linked series of difficult instances, a bit like In Their Absence, that is scaleable, where progression to the next instance requires success in the firs
    - the imbued weapon award should be automatically awarded upon successful completion of the quest line. There should be no loot box, random system, or unique token system that forces players to repeat the instance before they can obtain the reward they want.
    - players who complete a stage in the quest line should be able to move immediately to the next stage, without any cool down
    - players who fail a stage should be able to immediately re-run the stage. There should be no items consumed to allow a stage to launch, so that failure means the items had to be reacquired.
    - the reward should be some form of catalysing agent such as a symbol, essence or other item
    - the imbuing agent should be for one time use
    - the imbuing agent can only be used on an equipped legendary item that is bound to the character. Otherwise, the imbued weapon could be traded.

GAME MECHANICS
    - imbuing a legendary item means it can level for ever. this is the primary effect
    - the imbued weapon then can acquire distinctive features and abilities, depending on what the player does and how they play
    - these distinctive features and abilities will range from the minor, obvious, and easily obtained, to the powerful, hidden, mysterious, that are only unlocked by players of skill, imagination and dedication
    - distinctive features and abilities can be grouped into the follow categories: how they are obtained, and what they do
    - distinctive features and abilities can be obtained in a wide variety of ways
    - some could be provided relatively easily, based upon certain fundamental character attributes
    - they can be linked to unique heritage, based upon original starting area (eg, Breeland, Vale of Anduin)
    - they can be linked to unique race heritage, based upon starting heritage (eg, different for elves from Mirkwood or Lorien, or the different types of hobbit)
    - they can be linked to class, based upon specific class achievements
    - others can be linked to achievements of varying degrees of difficulty
    - there could be slayer-linked features and abilities, eg, linked to achieving slayer deeds of the same class of monster in different regions
    - there could be boss-linked features and abilities, that are only obtained by defeating that specific boss, or multiple bosses of that type, eg, uruks
    - there could be features and abilities obtained only through skirmishes, or instances
    - there could be explorer-linked features and abilities, achieved by completing a range of explorer deeds
    - there could be other, finder, related features and abilities. These could be very unique. some of the basic level features and abilities, that are easily obtained, should give simple, but relatively small, boosts to the character stats, eg, +will, +mastery, +mitigation, etc
    - progressive achievement in these areas would give progressive increases in the boosts to these stats
    - more advanced features and abilities would include boss slayer deeds against particular foes that give specific bonuses against other foes of the same type, eg, damage, mitigation, block / parry / evade, eg, vs orc-kind, vs ancient evil. Progressive achievement would increase the bonus
    other features would give specific bonuses, e.g., fire damage, light damage
    - others would be new, and obscure. e.g., extra damage at night, extra damage underground, extra damage when in water, extra damage when own morale less than 50%, etc
    - some would be linked to specific combat events. so a devastating hit would deliver the devastating damage plus a very large (5k, 10k) amount of additional damage. Think Anduril against the orc chieftain in the battle in the Chamber of Mazarbul.
    - some would be linked to playing in groups and raiding. Achievements here would unlock additional bonuses when in fellowships and raids
    - some features and abilities could only be obtained through achievements with kin-mates, and would provide unique benefits only to your kin-mates
    - some would be amazingly difficult to uncover. These would be meta quests and meta deeds. My favourite idea is something linked to Tom Bombadil that results in a permanent + hope to the imbued weapon.
    - These could be mysterious .So, find a curious item somewhere in the world, purpose unknown, and you don't find out its purpose unless you experiment. e.g., rare, unusual flowers which Tom wants for Goldberry
    - imbued weapons with advanced and developed special features could be powerful. They could have a progressively strong fear effect on certain specified monsters
    - Not all the attributes should be benign. So, some weapons could mean that the holder draws more aggro and frenzied rage attacks from certain specified monsters
    - some could be truly terrifying, because of the terrible deeds they have done, and have a + dread aura for all except the weapon user

HOW THESE RELATE TO LORE (SPOILERS!)
    There are multiple examples
    - Sting is the obvious one
    - Glamdring and Orcrist (Beater and Biter) that provoked rage among the goblins when Thorin and Co were waylaid in the Misty Mountains
    - Anduril / Narsil’s effects are extensively documented, as is Aiglos, the spear of Gil-Galad
    - Bard’s black arrow that he used to kill Smaug
    - the sword from Arnor that Merry used to wound the Witch-King
    - examples from outside the Hobbit / LoTR are of course more problematic because of the licensing issues, but relevant are:
    - Anglachel / Gurthang used by Turin Turambar
    - Belthronding, the bow of Beleg
    - Beren’s knife Angrist
    - Fingolfin’s sword Ringil

WHAT TURBINE SHOULD DEFINITELY, ABSOLUTELY NOT DO
    - make getting an imbued weapon just another grind
    - make imbued weapons something that you can buy for cash for Pay To Win
    - offer imbued weapons in the store
    - offer imbued weapons as part of a seasonal promotion, advance purchase for an update, or other marketing promotion

Quote Originally Posted by Maegren View Post
    WHAT TURBINE SHOULD DEFINITELY, ABSOLUTELY NOT DO
    - make getting an imbued weapon just another grind
    - make imbued weapons something that you can buy for cash for Pay To Win
    - offer imbued weapons in the store
    - offer imbued weapons as part of a seasonal promotion, advance purchase for an update, or other marketing promotion
    We are going to get something along these lines:

1) Legendary Items are one of the many time consuming features in this game. No online game development company can create enough single use or low time utilization content to keep us busy. There will be a significant time investment required in game play hours. We are going to have to wait to find out how much time it takes to imbue an item. Plus the time required to tune your item before you imbue it.

2) The entire legendary item system is heavily monetized via the Lotro Store. The imbue enhancement will have Lotro Store or Mithril Coin functionality. We are going to have to see how Turbine monetizes this feature.

I suspect most of the income from Lotro comes from the sale of Turbine Points for dollars. Turbine is going to need to keep adding features that are monetized via the Lotro Store or Mithril Coins to get us to keep giving Turbine dollars. We have two kinds of paying customers:

1) People that are Premium account holders that buy Turbine Points with dollars.

2) People that are VIP account holders that buy subscription time and Turbine Points with dollars.

I fall in a third category a VIP account holder that does not buy subscription time because I am a lifer. Turbine only gets dollars from me when I buy Turbine Points. Perhaps Turbine will do another paid expansion in 2015 which I decide to use dollars to buy instead of Turbine Points.

I don't mind investing time in getting an LI imbued. Nor do I mind spending TPs for the ABILTIY TO CHANGE INHERRENT STATS. We can currently change our legacies, but not the random stats generated at LI identification. There's no way we'd want to lock the legacies and stats for an imbued LI unless we can absolutely control what those stats are.

As it is, I don't worry when the random stats aren't especially helpful because I know I'll upgrade and change LIs again soon enough. I really like what I'm reading about the Imbued System....so I hope they will finally let us alter those random stats. I'd even settle for a rune to re-identification and just try for a new random set. That sure beats wasting the emblems/shards/etc. on trashing a First Age LI just for the stats.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000030a1ee/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

An early build of the new imbue system is now on Bullroarer.

Let us hope that it will be altered from what is currently planned. Our player council rep told us about some of the needs to 'tweak' the LI. 300k marks and 4 crystal or Remembrance for EACH LI? Many ground their tails off in anticipation the new LI would be a 'that's that' deal. Now in addition to a horrendous grind for marks those who will have a great advantage are those who can afford more at the store. "Build it and they will come" is about attracting people with something they want. I hope this will be remembered. If it gets to where "buy it and you can stay in top form" some will find other games. Today many were talking about that when hearing some of the details of upcoming LI system. This is a game with some really great people playing and the management tries to keep people who are too far out of line find their way elsewhere, but those many who try to get along it would be nice for them to stay. For myself, when my wife decides to find me and say "hey let's go dancing" I may not be around so much (i hope!!!) but for some good people it would be nice to see their good feelings valued. They worked hard to get their legendary items all good and some will feel pretty betrayed by how it is planned.

Beagle, your assumption that you must grind out more crystals and lots more scrolls to make an imbued LI equal to a maxed out non-imbued LI is not correct. To be fair, a lot of people seem to think you must max out an imbued LI to make it equal to an equivalent maxed out non-imbued LI. You do not need to do that.

First, imbuing is voluntary, the game will NOT force you to imbue your LI's, you need to choose to do it. You can keep your LI's exactly as they are now if you want to.

Second, I've been testing and comparing imbued LI's again non-imbued LI's on Bullroarer. There are some issues to smooth out. Some legacies do not scale up as well on an imbued LI compared to a non-imbued LI. Other legacies are scaling up much higher on imbued LI's compared to non-imbued LI's. Some legacies will be significantly changed on imbued LI's.

Third, If you take an LI that you have levelled up by reforging it in the usual manner, and then imbue it, it will generally be a little bit more powerful after it has been imbued, no extra crystals or scrolls needed. I'm on Bullroarer, I'm looking at imbued LI's, I'm seeing the results with my own eyes, and I'm not the only person who has noticed this. The improvement is not large, but it's there and it costs you nothing. The one issue to be prepared for is that imbuing an LI resets it's exp to zero. You're going to have to level that same LI up again a second time. Have some LI xp runes ready if you imbue an LI.

Even if you have every legacy at tier 6 on a reforged LI before you imbue it (imbued LI's do not need reforging), there will still be some extra "locked" ranks on every legacy after it has been imbued, but the unlocked ranks your LI will start with will allow your LI to be a little bit better than it was before you imbued it, all you need to do is fill it with exp and you're already a little bit ahead of where you were before you imbued the LI (assuming the legacies that will not carry over to an imbued LI are not "must haves" for you). It's those extra locked ranks on the legacies that need scrolls or crystals (for the dps or equivalent legacy) to unlock. You do not need to unlock those extra ranks to get your LI equal to what it was before you imbued it. Those extra locked ranks will make your LI even more powerful than it was before, the unlocked legacy ranks your LI will have immediately after it is imbued will be enough to become a little bit better than the LI was before you imbued it.

A couple more general points. Imbued LI's cannot be deconstructed for relics, legacy scrolls or LI xp runes. Do not imbue your "fodder" LI's, reforge them as normal. Imbued LI's also do not accept legacy scrolls extracted from other LI's. For an imbued LI, open the LI panel, select the LI you want, and there is an option to change the legacies on that LI. Select a legacy on the LI and you get a dropdown list of every other legacy that it can be replaced with, choose the legacy you want. In the Beta test right now, it costs mithril coins to do this. I don't know if some other type of payment will be added before the system is launched to the live servers yet.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

There are two issues that I'm unsure of regarding the imbuing system that maybe someone can help me with:

1) It seems that this imbuing doesn't really replace the current LI grind; it adds another. Unless I'm not understanding something it would seem to me to make good sense to keep accumulating current (before imbuing) items so that one can harvest the LI xp runes to apply to your imbued items.... Is this not so? If it is, then we just have another grind added on to what we already have.

2) Can you choose a different skin or cosmetic for the imbued item? Frankly, a number of the level 100 weapons are not very attractive. If this weapon is going to stay with me, I want it to be something I like looking at.

Thanks to anyone who can help with these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by HacyHo View Post
    There are two issues that I'm unsure of regarding the imbuing system that maybe someone can help me with:

1) It seems that this imbuing doesn't really replace the current LI grind; it adds another. Unless I'm not understanding something it would seem to me to make good sense to keep accumulating current (before imbuing) items so that one can harvest the LI xp runes to apply to your imbued items.... Is this not so? If it is, then we just have another grind added on to what we already have.

2) Can you choose a different skin or cosmetic for the imbued item? Frankly, a number of the level 100 weapons are not very attractive. If this weapon is going to stay with me, I want it to be something I like looking at.

Thanks to anyone who can help with these issues.
    1: If you are levelling up LI's for relics or legacy scrolls at the moment, you're getting those LI XP runes any way. Besides, Update 16 will still have a level cap of 100, exactly the same as it is right now. There's plenty of time to feed xp into imbued LI's before the level cap will go up.

One change with imbued LI's is that they do not need to be reforged. You imbue an LI then put xp into it. That's it. Replacing or adding a legacy on an imbued LI didn't need an NPC either. It looks like you will be able to do that "in the field" just like how we don't need to use a bard to change traits or virtues any more.

One issue with changing or adding a legacy on an imbued LI, the new legacy starts at zero xp, even if the legacy it replaced was at full xp. A secondary issue from this is that all xp an imbued LI receives is spread evenly across all it's legacies, even when some of the legacies are already at max xp.

I did a test on Bullroarer last night. I levelled up an LI with LI xp runes, reforging it in the normal way. When it was at level 60, I imbued it and put more LI xp runes into it. When all the legacies were at max xp, I added a 7th legacy to the LI. That legacy started at zero xp. Then I put some more xp runes into the LI, but the 7th legacy, the only legacy on the LI that could still accept any xp at that stage, did not get all the xp from those runes. The xp from each rune was still being spread across all the legacies, even though only one legacy on the LI could accept any xp.

I don't know if this is working as intended or not. I haven't specifically checked for xp spreading when you replace an existing legacy on an LI (the xp is reset to zero on the changed legacy), but I expect it will be the same situation. Don't panic, don't go running down the street with your hair on fire, this is a BETA TEST. I'm not the only person who's noticed the xp spreading when only some or only one legacy can still receive xp. There is also no way to prioritise which legacies will receive xp, which means you can't max out the dps or it's equivalent before you level up other legacies.

2: I haven't seen any options to change the appearance of an LI on Bullroarer. I'll admit I haven't specifically looked for any options to do that, but if it was being tested, I should have seen it being discussed in the Bullroarer forum and I haven't seen it being discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by GarethB View Post
    1: If you are levelling up LI's for relics or legacy scrolls at the moment, you're getting those LI XP runes any way. Besides, Update 16 will still have a level cap of 100, exactly the same as it is right now. There's plenty of time to feed xp into imbued LI's before the level cap will go up.

One change with imbued LI's is that they do not need to be reforged. You imbue an LI then put xp into it. That's it. Replacing or adding a legacy on an imbued LI didn't need an NPC either. It looks like you will be able to do that "in the field" just like how we don't need to use a bard to change traits or virtues any more.

One issue with changing or adding a legacy on an imbued LI, the new legacy starts at zero xp, even if the legacy it replaced was at full xp. A secondary issue from this is that all xp an imbued LI receives is spread evenly across all it's legacies, even when some of the legacies are already at max xp.

I did a test on Bullroarer last night. I levelled up an LI with LI xp runes, reforging it in the normal way. When it was at level 60, I imbued it and put more LI xp runes into it. When all the legacies were at max xp, I added a 7th legacy to the LI. That legacy started at zero xp. Then I put some more xp runes into the LI, but the 7th legacy, the only legacy on the LI that could still accept any xp at that stage, did not get all the xp from those runes. The xp from each rune was still being spread across all the legacies, even though only one legacy on the LI could accept any xp.

I don't know if this is working as intended or not. I haven't specifically checked for xp spreading when you replace an existing legacy on an LI (the xp is reset to zero on the changed legacy), but I expect it will be the same situation. Don't panic, don't go running down the street with your hair on fire, this is a BETA TEST. I'm not the only person who's noticed the xp spreading when only some or only one legacy can still receive xp. There is also no way to prioritise which legacies will receive xp, which means you can't max out the dps or it's equivalent before you level up other legacies.

2: I haven't seen any options to change the appearance of an LI on Bullroarer. I'll admit I haven't specifically looked for any options to do that, but if it was being tested, I should have seen it being discussed in the Bullroarer forum and I haven't seen it being discussed.

Last first. There have never been cosmetic weapon appearances in this game. Don't think the tech can handle it. In any event, no sign of it here.

As for grind, the grind of replacing your LIs every time you level to a new cap has been eliminated. In fact, you can imbue your current LI, and go on and play, and it will level up as you play to the cap. At that point, it will be stronger than what you have now.

There is a grind for those that want to get their LI to the absolute maximum, or feel the need to level it up asap. But this sort of grind is always in place, and is part of what makes this a MMORPG. This is the sort of progression grind that I play these types of games for.

Does the Major/Minor legacy restriction remain, as in: can we replace Minor legacies with Major legacies?

I could see Turbine thinking this may win favour with those wanting total the build flexibility, whilst netting them a large swag of Mithril coin purchases for all the legacy swaps?
    [B]Vulfen cpt 100[/b]

From what I can see on Bullroarer, imbued LI's don't really use the concept of major and minor legacies, but I just did a test on Bullroarer.

I used an LI xp rune to level up an non-imbued LI to 40, to get the three extra legacies from the first three reforges. After the LI had six legacies, (three major and three minor) I noted which legacies were major and which ones were minor. I then imbued the LI. After that I was able to replace a legacy that would "minor" on a non-imbued LI with a legacy that woiuld be "major' on a non-imbued LI. Yes, it's possible to do that on an imbued LI. I also tested the other way and replaced what would be a non-imbued major legacy with what would be a non-imbued minor legacy on an imbued LI.

Imbued LI's don't show any clear distinction between major and minor legacies. Based on what I am seeing on Bullroarer at the moment, after an LI is imbued, all legacies are equal, there does not appear to be an obvious difference that makes some legacies "major" and other legacies "minor" on imbued LI's. Any legacy appears to be replaceable with any other legacy (appropriate for that type of LI) on an imbued LI, as long as you don't try to have two of the same legacy at the same time on the same LI.

You also don't use legacy scrolls from deconstructed LI's on an imbued LI. If you want to replace a legacy with a different legacy on an imbued LI, You open your LI panel, select the LI you want to work on, hit the "replace legacy" button and choose the legacy you want to replace. You are immediately given a list of every other legacy that it can be replaced with, pick the legacy you want from the list, pay the replacement cost (Only Mithril Coins can be used for this at this stage of the Beta test) and it's done. As I mentioned in another post, the new legacy will have zero xp on it. The xp from the legacy that was replaced does not get saved and put onto the new legacy. If you think about how replacing legacies on LI's works on the live servers right now, the tier of the new legacy is set at 2, even if the legacy it has replaced was at tier 6.
    Last edited by GarethB; Apr 08 2015 at 10:32 PM.

Thanks GarethB, much appreciated

Good to know.
    [B]Vulfen cpt 100[/b]

Quote Originally Posted by Bootroz View Post
    Thanks GarethB, much appreciated

Good to know.

As a side note, while this means that you essentially can choose the exact combination of legs you want on your imbued LI (from all of the legs in the pool, including stat legs) to start, and later replace a leg if desired (for whatever reason), this isn't going to be a system where we can "hot-swap" legs. The replacement leg keeps the soft cap (at whatever level you've unlocked) of the leg being replaced, but it starts at tier 1 (i.e., the first rank), and you will have to spend IXP getting it up to the cap.

As an additional note, as I pointed out, when you replace a legacy for a different legacy on an imbued LI, the exp of the new legacy resets to zero, so constantly hot-swapping legacies on an imbued LI will need quite a lot of LI xp runes to rank up the swapped legacies each time, which brings me to another point. As an imbued LI levels up, the xp it earns is spread evenly across all it's legacies, even when some of those legacies have hit their soft rank cap.

One of the tests I did was to add a 7th legacy to an imbued LI that had already reached the soft rank caps on all of the first 6 legacies. The 7th legacy was the only legacy that did not have any xp. I needed to use multiple 938,000 xp runes to get that last legacy to it's soft rank cap. Why did it take so many xp runes to fill up one legacy? Because the LI was still dividing the xp of each rune across all the legacies, even though there was only one legacy still capable of accepting any xp. Stop to consider that the dps (or equivalent) legacy also needs xp and a 7 legacy imbued LI is really an 8 legacy LI, so only 1/8th of the xp on each rune was going to the only legacy that could still accept xp, the rest of the xp from the runes I used essentially vanished into thin air because that xp was spread across legacies that were already at their soft rank caps and could not accept any more xp (similar to how a non-imbued LI won't accept any quest or kill xp when it needs a reforge).

I have no idea if this is working as intended or an oversight by the relevant devs.