We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Problem logging in?

Hey everyone, I recently reinstalled and was hoping to get a little solid game time this weekend in an attempt to see if the game will interest me again.

HOWEVER, having reinstalled two days ago, I am all of a sudden having log in issues as of today. It says all worlds are fine and I hit play, but when the loading starts I get to the initial screen and the bottom of the screen says something like "log in attempt 1 of 20..." and after it hits 20 it says my client has timed out. Any idea what the cause of this could be? Any tips/advice would be saweet. thanks!

Edit: Not using any firewalls or anti-virus programs either, by the way.
    Last edited by Beerdrinker; Jul 26 2014 at 07:16 PM.

Any chance you put in new hardware since you last played? Router/modem?

http://support.turbine.com/ics/suppo...questionID=570
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#ffa500]Clarrow PeopleEater - R12 (finally!) BA[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ee82ee]Clarysta [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#ee82ee]- Lvl 100 Captain - Wannabe Freep R4[/COLOR]
    [I]Twitter - @clarystainsun[/I]
    [/CENTER]

Nope... I haven't changed anything. I didn't even turn off my computer for the last 3 days or so. I'm at a loss for words and all ports are open, etc. etc. Maybe just have to do a total reinstall? -shrug-

Only time I get that error is when I'm running my company's vpn, which blocks gaming.

I'd say it's most likely to be a networking issue - have you tried rebooting router and pc?

can you ping to gls.lotro.com? or tracert?
    [COLOR=#ee82ee]Clarysta [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#ee82ee]- Lvl 100 Captain - Wannabe Freep R4[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Not sure what you mean or how I would go about doing this - "can you ping to gls.lotro.com? or tracert?"

BUT - I can log in to all my other characters, but for some reason I am unable to log into my main - Bierdrinker. It now reaches the menu screen and when I select to play Bier it loads up about 7/10s or 9/10s way and then crashes saying windows will let me know if it finds a solution to the problem... so yeah - any idea on that? lol. I have had ZERO problems loading up other characters today and late yesterday.

Oh well, if it's just one character then ignore what I was asking about ping and tracert because those are connection tests.

I see other people have the same problem and I have a similar issue although eventually I get into the game. But there hasn't been a Turbine response to any of the threads I've read. I think you'll have to file a support ticket or call support (probably fastest)
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Beerdrinker View Post
    Not sure what you mean or how I would go about doing this - "can you ping to gls.lotro.com? or tracert?"

BUT - I can log in to all my other characters, but for some reason I am unable to log into my main - Bierdrinker. It now reaches the menu screen and when I select to play Bier it loads up about 7/10s or 9/10s way and then crashes saying windows will let me know if it finds a solution to the problem... so yeah - any idea on that? lol. I have had ZERO problems loading up other characters today and late yesterday.
    Happened to me.. check your userspecifiedport in your lotro folder... it should be in the document User Preferences

The number will be at 0.. it needs to be at 9000 or 9010

Freeps- Deok lvl 95 Hunter
    Creeps - Cintona Rank 11 Darkblits Rank 7

I have changed the port settings all 11 times - trying 9000 and up to 9010, and yet it still keeps crashing. This issue is super random too, as I have played my main the last three days without any login issues. However, when he is able to load up without any client crashes/etc. my alts are the ones who crash instead. And today all of a sudden - my minstrel keeps crashing but I can load up into the toons I was unable to log into the other few days? What in the world is going on...

Quote Originally Posted by Beerdrinker View Post
    I have changed the port settings all 11 times - trying 9000 and up to 9010, and yet it still keeps crashing. This issue is super random too, as I have played my main the last three days without any login issues. However, when he is able to load up without any client crashes/etc. my alts are the ones who crash instead. And today all of a sudden - my minstrel keeps crashing but I can load up into the toons I was unable to log into the other few days? What in the world is going on...
    In the original post it didn't sound like it was crashing. Can you describe exactly what kind of crash this is? Thanks.

I'd still work through the
    connection sticky... just in case.

What is happening now is that I can play some characters without any problems. While, when I attempt to log into my main he crashes. And by crashes I mean he moves about two steps and lotro stops responding. As far as the OP goes - it was never so much a crash per character as I was never even able to log into the character selection screen. It attempt to load and simply crash after it failed to connect the 20th of 20 times attempted. Sigh...

umm...plug your cord in
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000003b1b0/01000/signature.png]Quttidebachi[/charsig]

even better - i just did a complete reformat of my comp and it all works now. lol