We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

One, two, er four?

Anyone else have trouble getting their warsteed to ride at the third speed (canter?) using the W/S keys? I can press W once to move at 25% of max speed, again to get 50%, but next almost always jumps straight to 100%. Same when slowing down: goes from 100% to 50%. It's not consistent, I can occasionally get it to 75% but it's hard to achieve.

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but the 75% speed just seems to make it easier to 'drive' in more congested environments (e.g. trees) for me. Of course I could bind a key to select 75% explicitly if I wasn't so lazy.

EDIT: I'm pretty certain it's been like this since warsteeds were introduced.

- stride

You do know that you can artificially cap your War-steed's speed (25%/50%/75%/100%) by pressing the Walk/Run toggle (Ins). Right?

But, yes. Barring the above, it's hard to manually control the speed with just Forward/Backward commands.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    You do know that you can artificially cap your War-steed's speed (25%/50%/75%/100%) by pressing the Walk/Run toggle (Ins). Right?
    Yeah, although never thought to try the walk/run toggle to work around the issue, Cheers for that idea I'll give it whirl.

I find I usually have better luck fine-tuning my war-steed's speed using the light taps on the up/down arrows when traveling than W/S. That could be a factor of being right-handed, and not being skilled using WASD for movement, though.