We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs up Nice Job Turbine! (No sarcasm)

Honestly thought u14 was going to be a flop, and that lotro really wouldn't improve. Boy, was I wrong.

Firstly, I love the new essence system. It's a strong F2P model, and I think you should've used it's approach sooner. It allows the raiders to gear for certain scenarios, and to max out their characters in the most efficient ways. Good job.

2.) Dol Amroth is beautiful. Rohan was dull and dim. Nothing special whatsoever. However, West Gondor is absolutely breathtaking, and a massive success. I applaud thee.

3.) Difficulty. Ever since the 95 cap, and the release of HD, this game has been boring and extremely faceroll. U14, imho, is incredible. The T1s are faceroll (As they should be for any decent player) and the T2s are more difficult than before. But the T2CMs actually require a pulse now, and you have to know how the fights work. I'm not saying they're incredibly hard, because if you have a group that understands how this game works, basically everything is relatively easy.

I've never been a fan of a daily grind for armor, and I'm still not thrilled about it, but I have come to realize that when you do it right, and implement it in the right way, it's actually not bad whatsoever. Still not a huge fan of getting the best armor by casual play, but I'm just happy that we have tough instances to use that equipment for. (Like I said, they're not really that hard, but it's still fun to see one of your friends get one shotted cause they don't wanna stack mits!)

Nice work, scale some of the old instances, *Cough cough* Angmar, Moria, Isengard, and Mirkwood *cough cough* and I'm sure many old players (and many new for that matter) will flock back to lotro with money waiting to be spent.

--Third Marshal Kaize--
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022130000000933dc/signature.png]Zaize[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Leviosa View Post
    Honestly thought u14 was going to be a flop, and that lotro really wouldn't improve. Boy, was I wrong.

Firstly, I love the new essence system. It's a strong F2P model, and I think you should've used it's approach sooner. It allows the raiders to gear for certain scenarios, and to max out their characters in the most efficient ways. Good job.

2.) Dol Amroth is beautiful. Rohan was dull and dim. Nothing special whatsoever. However, West Gondor is absolutely breathtaking, and a massive success. I applaud thee.

3.) Difficulty. Ever since the 95 cap, and the release of HD, this game has been boring and extremely faceroll. U14, imho, is incredible. The T1s are faceroll (As they should be for any decent player) and the T2s are more difficult than before. But the T2CMs actually require a pulse now, and you have to know how the fights work. I'm not saying they're incredibly hard, because if you have a group that understands how this game works, basically everything is relatively easy.

I've never been a fan of a daily grind for armor, and I'm still not thrilled about it, but I have come to realize that when you do it right, and implement it in the right way, it's actually not bad whatsoever. Still not a huge fan of getting the best armor by casual play, but I'm just happy that we have tough instances to use that equipment for. (Like I said, they're not really that hard, but it's still fun to see one of your friends get one shotted cause they don't wanna stack mits!)

Nice work, scale some of the old instances, *Cough cough* Angmar, Moria, Isengard, and Mirkwood *cough cough* and I'm sure many old players (and many new for that matter) will flock back to lotro with money waiting to be spent.

--Third Marshal Kaize--
    I agree mostly. I did not find Rohan dull or dim; in fact, I loved the scenery and atmosphere. Gondor thus far is beautiful though. It reminds me a lot of Enedwaith, truth be told, or more correctly a non-ruined version of Enedwaith.
    Difficulty on T2C stuff seems right on to me as well, but that is only on the basis of running one instance. I was in a group that ran Fornost T2C Fire Wing, and we really had to use a lot of strategy, group balance, etc. It was great.

My main beef is the cost of empowerment scrolls vs medallions awarded in runs. I think 2-3 instances (completing all the side quests as well) should afford enough marks and medallions for one empowerment scroll (level 100), but that ratio is WAY off. The cost of scrolls has ballooned way out of proportion since RoI.
    Aethelbehrt ~ Captain of Landroval
    Haradwen ~ Warden of Landroval
    Zôraphel ~ Burglar of Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Othniel View Post
    I agree mostly. I did not find Rohan dull or dim; in fact, I loved the scenery and atmosphere. Gondor thus far is beautiful though. It reminds me a lot of Enedwaith, truth be told, or more correctly a non-ruined version of Enedwaith.
    Difficulty on T2C stuff seems right on to me as well, but that is only on the basis of running one instance. I was in a group that ran Fornost T2C Fire Wing, and we really had to use a lot of strategy, group balance, etc. It was great.

My main beef is the cost of empowerment scrolls vs medallions awarded in runs. I think 2-3 instances (completing all the side quests as well) should afford enough marks and medallions for one empowerment scroll (level 100), but that ratio is WAY off. The cost of scrolls has ballooned way out of proportion since RoI.
    Yeah, Gondor is great. The questing was also tolerable!

I agree on the empowerment scroll issue. Let's say one got a First Age.. Just for laughs, we'll say they got all of the legacies they needed (wouldn't that be awesome), and they're all Tier 4. It would take 77,760 marks, and 9,816 medallions just to max out their legacies to Tier 6s. Now in my case, I got a #### ID for my cappy's emblem, and I need 14 scrolls. It's going to take 90,720 marks and 11,452 medallions just to max it's legacies out...

Talk about a grind!

--Third Marshal Kaize--
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022130000000933dc/signature.png]Zaize[/charsig]

The Gondor (TC) area has so far been really enjoyable for me. The mobs are hard, they respawn fast, and Middle Earth is dangerous again.
    You really have to pick your way through it carefully, and there's a real sense of danger.
    It's a bit hectic at times, but then maybe that's what the areas in the last few expansions have been missing.

I haven't hit Gondor yet, but it makes me stoked if it appears to make Rohan seem underwhelming, since I love Rohan.