We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Beta Client Launcher: "Internal Error"???

    So seems like maybe update 14 broke the Beta Client Launcher?

    When I try to bring up the Beta Client Launcher, I get an "Internal Error - Contact Customer Support" message box pop up, & when I click OK, the launcher is auto closed & windows delivers it's "launcher failed to start", blah,blah, blah error message.

    Do I need to reinstall the Beta Client, or will it seemingly fix itself sometime down the road??

    Thanks in advance,
    Grimsin
    Guild-Maxed Westemnet(T10) Metalsmith, (T10) Prospector, (T10) Tailor
    Power-Leveling Newbies Since Update 7! ...Now with Multi-Boxing!!! :D

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimsin'sRiders View Post
    So seems like maybe update 14 broke the Beta Client Launcher?

    When I try to bring up the Beta Client Launcher, I get an "Internal Error - Contact Customer Support" message box pop up, & when I click OK, the launcher is auto closed & windows delivers it's "launcher failed to start", blah,blah, blah error message.

    Do I need to reinstall the Beta Client, or will it seemingly fix itself sometime down the road??

    Thanks in advance,
    Grimsin
    Beta client have no use now, because bullroarer only open in betas (normally in weekends) and still is early for U15 betas.

    Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimsin'sRiders View Post
    When I try to bring up the Beta Client Launcher, I get an "Internal Error - Contact Customer Support" message box pop up, & when I click OK, the launcher is auto closed & windows delivers it's "launcher failed to start", blah,blah, blah error message.
    For some unknown reason Turbine decided to use this error message when there is no response from the Beta service. I better message would have been "The service is down."
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  4. #4

    experiencing same issue

    I'm experiencing same issue, what am I supposed to do? If beta servers are down, how am i supposed to play?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    For some unknown reason Turbine decided to use this error message when there is no response from the Beta service. I better message would have been "The service is down."
    It is a bug when BR server is Down (it launches a Win32 exception on my JIT debugger...)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Depends on which game I'm in :)
    Posts
    6,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Nin View Post
    I'm experiencing same issue, what am I supposed to do? If beta servers are down, how am i supposed to play?
    The Bullroarer server is for testing. If you want to play then you should log into the live servers using the normal client.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    It is a bug when BR server is Down (it launches a Win32 exception on my JIT debugger...)
    As a software developer, I have this discussion with my customers regularly. Customers do not get the authority to label the operation of any part of our software as a program defect or a bug. They have the ability to ask that the product operation to be changed. We determine whether:
    1) It is a bug
    2) Feature Enhancement

    We get to determine:
    1) If and when it gets changed
    2) Do we pay for the change?
    3) Does the customer pay for the change?

    There must be thousands of cases within the software that I work on that a argument could made that current operation could be improved. Improvement is not going to happen because the mismatch between value and cost.

    This situation is especially true for our development, integration, system test, alpha and beta (like Bullroarer) loads. These loads are not as robust, reliable and certainly do not have the quality of the live version that the customers pay for. We not going to spend the dollars and resources polishing our non live software.

    Some of our beta products will do the equivalent of a blue screen of death and halt if the server software is not available. I know that when i get a BSOD to check the server status before I freak out. Start debugging the start up sequence what the heck I broke with my changes. Yeah I would like a 'The server is down" message instead of a BSOD. That is not going to happen.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  8. #8
    BTW, it is not down actually (closed state) and 14.2 can be downloaded...

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload