We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

[U14 Balance Feedback] Scaling Instances below Level-Cap

I want to give some feedback concerning Scaling Instances below Level Cap e.g. the ITA-Cluster and the Dol-Guldur-Cluster.

I have to say that this was one of the best and most fun experiences I had in LotRO for quite a while!
    We did the first Boss "Urchir" of Sammath Gul T2 at level 65. Our classes were 1 Guardian, 1 Hunter, 1 Champion, 1 Loremaster, 1 Captain and 1 Minstrel. (we use the XP disabler to stay at 65)

This fight was just perfect! A classic fellowship setup (Tank, Heal, Support, DDs) was required to beat this encounter, small mistakes would almost certainly lead to a wipe! This was NOT a boring "go full DPS until boss is down" fight! Things like "buff-food". "debuffing", "fast reaction", "movement/positioning", "potions", and "using all cooldowns in the final phase" were important again! We wiped several times until we finally beat this boss! Just great!

Maybe some other encounters will turn out to be impossible or still be no challenge at all but I have a really good feeling about this!

We do instances and raids below level-cap at least 2 times per week and I am really looking forward to experience the rest of the ITA/DG clusters!

I will use this thread to give more feedback on the individual encounters as soon as we tested them!

Quote Originally Posted by Eruadarion View Post
    I want to give some feedback concerning Scaling Instances below Level Cap e.g. the ITA-Cluster and the Dol-Guldur-Cluster.

I have to say that this was one of the best and most fun experiences I had in LotRO for quite a while!
    We did the first Boss "Urchir" of Sammath Gul T2 at level 65. Our classes were 1 Guardian, 1 Hunter, 1 Champion, 1 Loremaster, 1 Captain and 1 Minstrel. (we use the XP disabler to stay at 65)

This fight was just perfect! A classic fellowship setup (Tank, Heal, Support, DDs) was required to beat this encounter, small mistakes would almost certainly lead to a wipe! This was NOT a boring "go full DPS until boss is down" fight! Things like "buff-food". "debuffing", "fast reaction", "movement/positioning", "potions", and "using all cooldowns in the final phase" were important again! We wiped several times until we finally beat this boss! Just great!

Maybe some other encounters will turn out to be impossible or still be no challenge at all but I have a really good feeling about this!

We do instances and raids below level-cap at least 2 times per week and I am really looking forward to experience the rest of the ITA/DG clusters!

I will use this thread to give more feedback on the individual encounters as soon as we tested them!
    Level 100 instances are challenge also at the moment. Did a North Cotton Farm T2C yesterday in cappy+champ+burg fellowship and it was great. We had to react properly to all the game mechanics - get together for distributed damage, run through him to avoid frontal attacks, run around with poison clouds. I had to change from dps line to support line, do lots of maneuvers, off-heal and debuffs on him and it was still close.
    They increased damage quite a bit in the last update and I like that. 3-mans again feel like they are meant for 3 people etc. It is good.
    Naius - Burglar of Withywindle
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-uYwngjXZI[/url]

Tried Thievery and Mischief last night 3-man on Teir 3 with a level 36 runekeeper(myself), level 36 champion, and a level 36 warden. We tried it at level 36 and had some serious problems.

Our gear is pretty decent (mostly critical successful level 35 crafted gear that I made myself). We were able to pretty much handle things okay with two exceptions.

If their was a DeathMonger in the group One or more of us would die guaranteed.

The other was the end boss and his companion. We tried to fight them three times and everyone was one shotted before I could even click a single heal or place the healing stone, the group plus soldiers died within 5 or 6 seconds of the fight starting.

Difficult is one thing but I firmly that something isn't quite right in the scaling adjustments for teir 2 and 3 skirmishes with update 14.

Whew, the 12 man scaled raids on t2c are HARD (impossible for a casual raider such as myself). Granted this was with 12 peeps with top end gear 95 stuff... that gear gives around 1/2 the outgoing damage to t2c mobs compared to u95 while incoming damage is basically doubled.

Be interesting to see how we fare once everyone is fully geared in essence gear stacking morale, mits, and mastery

Quote Originally Posted by fangnir View Post
    Whew, the 12 man scaled raids on t2c are HARD (impossible for a casual raider such as myself). Granted this was with 12 peeps with top end gear 95 stuff... that gear gives around 1/2 the outgoing damage to t2c mobs compared to u95 while incoming damage is basically doubled.

Be interesting to see how we fare once everyone is fully geared in essence gear stacking morale, mits, and mastery
    Yes, I had posted some Combat Logs for SG T2 on BR : damage were increased by >100% in T2 6-12 mans.
    But it doesn't seem enough : for 3-mans, the self-healing on my Guardian was too high vs received damage (some Guardians soloed on their first tries 3-mans instances like SH T2C), and some people said they had still 6-manned OD T2C (probably with essences or good lvl 100 gear)
    And skirmishes were not well scaled : extremely easy in T2 and easy in T3 for skraids (my last test on BR of a T2 skraid solo, rather ridiculous, it is like a 2-mans skirmish... (at 95, but it should be the same scaling at 100))
    Last edited by Castorix; Jul 17 2014 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    Yes, I had posted some Combat Logs for SG T2 on BR : damage were increased by >100% in T2 6-12 mans.
    But it doesn't seem enough : for 3-mans, the self-healing on my Guardian was too high vs received damage (some Guardians soloed on their first tries 3-mans instances like SH T2C), and some people said they had still 6-manned OD T2C (probably with essences or good lvl 100 gear)
    And skirmishes were not well scaled : extremely easy in T2 and easy in T3 for skraids (my last test on BR of a T2 skraid solo, rather ridiculous, it is like a 2-mans skirmish... (at 95, but it should be the same scaling at 100))
    Even in the full tanking spec guardian's dps and selfhealing are insane. At the moment most classes - specially played by less experienced players - are struggling with completing solo dailies at lvl100 while guardians can do all Tarlang's Crown 6man quests solo (making careful pulls of course). Guardians are extremely overpowered when it comes to amount of mobs they can take on at once. This is in no way a measure of how good or bad the balance in the whole game is.

I would also be very careful about telling how easy T3 skraids are. Some skirmishes are easier than others, but I already saw 12man groups wiping when in other skirmishes an unfortunate combinations of lieutenants would spawn. Not to mention how hard it is to protect NPCs with 40k morale which can be easily oneshot.

Difficulty was changed a lot with U14 and it will take time for people to level up, gear up, remember roles of supporting classes and only then we can judge if it is enough or not.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa View Post
    //...
    I would also be very careful about telling how easy T3 skraids are. Some skirmishes are easier than others, but I already saw 12man groups wiping when in other skirmishes an unfortunate combinations of lieutenants would spawn. Not to mention how hard it is to protect NPCs with 40k morale which can be easily oneshot.

Difficulty was changed a lot with U14 and it will take time for people to level up, gear up, remember roles of supporting classes and only then we can judge if it is enough or not.
    I hope you're right, but I'm afraid that with essences we will be able to increase too much several stats (like Tactical Mitigation, the weakest part on my Guardian)
    My Champ might be also still too OP in Blue (actually < my Guardian, but close)
    Last edited by Castorix; Jul 31 2014 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa View Post
    Skraids are more difficult than on BR, but still a lot too easy.
    We tested yesterday the easiest/fastest one, Necro T3, 3-manned with undergeared people (Red Captain, Ministrel, Blue Champ). I tanked the boss with my Champ and the heal of my Ministrel (often > 10K) was sufficient to keep my Morale around 90-95% all the time (I received some >12K hits instead of ~7K in U13.1)
    The only difference is that I think it cannot be soloed now, but can be done in duo (the T1 is still a joke solo for heavies)
    (our test was not below lvl cap as the subject of the thread, but 12-mans skirmishes should be scaled the same way, and certainly a bit more difficult at lvl 65 or 75, with different gear (although we had mainly 95 gear))
    Last edited by Castorix; Jul 31 2014 at 05:45 AM.