We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question about RP groups

Club Crumb does Epics and Club Eclair does slow leveling. Are there any other active RP groups? I have looked and found several but they haven't been active. On Laurelin there are a couple "watch" kins, 1 is The Town Watch and the other is The Night Watch. Is there anything like that here on Landy? Is anyone thinking of starting a group or putting a kin like that together?

I'm interested in "upping" my game from solo to light/med RP. I used to do pen & paper RP so I'm experienced. I'm not into /e type stories. I really enjoy /say and being IC. I have no interest in going to the Pony and standing around so please don't even suggest it. If I want to hang around and talk I'll make a phone call. That's not RP to me. That's a contest to see who has better vocabulary and writing skills.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Arion runs the Bree-land Watch, and there's no kinship, but there is a "uniform" to wear while on duty.

Several kinships, including one I'm in, are heavy RP and travel. However, we mainly use /emote, as /say tends to be buggy out there on the landscape. It's actually not clear at all what kind of RP you want, from your post, though, aside from The Watch of Bree. You also just missed an RP plot up in Trestlebridge. I think a couple of folks are running a plague plot, and something's going on in Saldell. Good luck finding what you crave.
    Favorite Dev Quote from 2009: [b]Graal:[/b] The lack of an instant threat catch up skill is one of the differences in tanking between Wardens and Guardians, just like Wardens dont have a easily used forced taunt. It is unlikely, but not impossible that this will change. Bottom line...Dont die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis View Post
    Arion runs the Bree-land Watch, and there's no kinship, but there is a "uniform" to wear while on duty.

Several kinships, including one I'm in, are heavy RP and travel. However, we mainly use /emote, as /say tends to be buggy out there on the landscape. It's actually not clear at all what kind of RP you want, from your post, though, aside from The Watch of Bree. You also just missed an RP plot up in Trestlebridge. I think a couple of folks are running a plague plot, and something's going on in Saldell. Good luck finding what you crave.
    Thanks. I tried to be clear. How about this:
    • I'm interested in light/med IC /say RP, not the /e story type.
    • I'd like to know about RP groups or any that are forming.
    • Are there any "watch" type kins active or are there any in the works?

Being that Landroval is "RE", there should be a "sticky" in the forums for RP so everything RP can post there.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

• I'm interested in light/med IC /say RP, not the /e story type. Light RPers abound. Since I'm heavy RP, I don't know the names offhand.
    • I'd like to know about RP groups or any that are forming.
      Try: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...s-List-2014-02

• Are there any "watch" type kins active or are there any in the works? Arion runs the Watch in Bree on Landroval. Send him in-game mail.
    Favorite Dev Quote from 2009: [b]Graal:[/b] The lack of an instant threat catch up skill is one of the differences in tanking between Wardens and Guardians, just like Wardens dont have a easily used forced taunt. It is unlikely, but not impossible that this will change. Bottom line...Dont die.

What are you meaning by light/medium RP? Some would say that standing in the Pony, dancing and chatting, is light RP. Some lean towards the "If you don't quest ICly, you're light RP" definition. Some look at light RP as being less "story/plot-based." Some people see any RP done in the Pony as light/medium RP, and only landscape/quest RP as heavy. I can't actually think of any light/medium RPers (in my mind) who don't use the Pony, at least at times; I'm not sure I've ever seen any light/medium RPers doing RP out in the wider world.

As far as /say goes, there are people who use /e for everything, even simple IC statements, and those who use it for multi-post emotes describing actions and words, and sometimes even character appearance. There are also a few who use /say alone, indicating actions with *action*. Then there are a few folks who use /e only for actions and /say only for words. Any of these types of players might be light/medium/heavy RP. I'm getting the impression you don't like the multi-post emotes, but some of those who do that could still be considered light/medium RPers.

There are several kins offering RP of various types, so if seeing the RP style ahead of time doesn't really matter too much, keep an eye on regional channels for the ads. Some groups will require apps and RPing with members before approval; if you don't care for that, it's probably best to ask ahead of time. It seems a high percentage of RP is now kin-based (at least as compared to 5 years ago,) so joining a kin may be your best best.
    Sorry, I'm out of clever sayings for sigs. :(

Well I can tell you about two specific merc RP guilds.

The first is my own recently started The Mercenaries' Guild. https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...cenaries-Guild We tend more towards small group or solo RPs and storylines. But we might start sticking our noses into bigger stuff soon.

The second is Free Company which is organized in a more military fashion and is getting involved in the Plunder RP storyline, of which the recent battle at Trestlebridge was just a part.

Also, I'm not sure how you can do a good RP, even just talking in the Pony, without using /emote. Just using /say all the time is so bland. No expressions, no gestures. It would be like talking on the phone. Mixing in a use of /emote really helps tell a better story. Example.

/say "What did you just say?"

/emote glanced back up, suspicion evident in his eyes. "What did you just say?"
    /emote cut in front, barring the door. He clenched his fists and growled at ______, "What did you just say?"
    /emote blinked and guided his horse closer, rather curious. "What did you just say?"
    I could go on and on lol

Quote Originally Posted by Paidbladee View Post
    Well I can tell you about two specific merc RP guilds.

The first is my own recently started The Mercenaries' Guild. https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...cenaries-Guild We tend more towards small group or solo RPs and storylines. But we might start sticking our noses into bigger stuff soon.

The second is Free Company which is organized in a more military fashion and is getting involved in the Plunder RP storyline, of which the recent battle at Trestlebridge was just a part.

Also, I'm not sure how you can do a good RP, even just talking in the Pony, without using /emote. Just using /say all the time is so bland. No expressions, no gestures. It would be like talking on the phone. Mixing in a use of /emote really helps tell a better story. Example.

/say "What did you just say?"

/emote glanced back up, suspicion evident in his eyes. "What did you just say?"
    /emote cut in front, barring the door. He clenched his fists and growled at ______, "What did you just say?"
    /emote blinked and guided his horse closer, rather curious. "What did you just say?"
    I could go on and on lol
    These examples are good. I'm talking about the long, drawn-out stories that go on and on. Thanks for the ideas.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Testis View Post
    These examples are good. I'm talking about the long, drawn-out stories that go on and on. Thanks for the ideas.
    Then Plunder is likely just what you are looking for. I hear the idea is for it to spawn long term conflicts. I'm considering getting The Mercenaries' Guild involved in parts of it later on. Anyway good luck and have some EPIC RPs!

Quote Originally Posted by Paidbladee View Post
    Then Plunder is likely just what you are looking for. I hear the idea is for it to spawn long term conflicts. I'm considering getting The Mercenaries' Guild involved in parts of it later on. Anyway good luck and have some EPIC RPs!
    I disagree. The OP expresses no desire for longer emotes, which is fine, but that is the exact opposite of the style of the GM of the 'Plunder' plot. Rhoane is a story-teller at heart and her emotes tend to be long and descriptive, which I personally really like for many occasions, but I do not think the OP would like it if I read him correctly.

Good luck finding what you are looking for, OP.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/dgoqrr.jpg[/IMG]
    RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle[B]
    Landroval[/B]: [SIZE=1]LAERLIN ([URL="http://tinyurl.com/laerlin"]Bio + Drawings[/URL]) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND ([URL="http://tinyurl.com/aethelind"]Bio + Drawing[/URL]) • NETHAEL[/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://tinyurl.com/mnwbbbq"]Make LOTRO Housing Fun & Profitable![/URL] • [URL="http://tinyurl.com/m33b8be"]New Dye Color Suggestions![/URL][/CENTER]