We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

So... I'm back in game, and the server seems a lot quiter than when I left.

Right so, it's real quiet while down for maintenance, but I meant in general, it seems quiet.

Yes, I started off with finishing a few quests in Enedwaith, and then partied through Dunland, and am just now in the Gap of Rohan (still haven't touched Isengard, the book seems to have taken me from Level 75 zone to a level 70 one, whats up with that), so I suspect it could just be that I'm in sparsely populated areas.

So is that all it is?

Are you guys and gals alive out there?
    [CENTER][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#303030] ~- [/COLOR][COLOR=gray][SIZE=1][I]Leader of [/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#303030]~[/COLOR][SIZE=3] [COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Narn en Uidirith[/B][/COLOR] [/SIZE][COLOR=#303030]~[/COLOR][COLOR=gray][SIZE=1][I]on Elendilmir [/I][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [SIZE=2][COLOR=Olive][B]Belthandir[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#303030] ~-~-~-~- [/COLOR][COLOR=Olive][B]Tirdoron[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#303030] ~-~-~-~- [/COLOR][COLOR=Olive][B]Thurgaraf[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#303030] ~-~-~-~ [/COLOR][COLOR=Olive][B]Mithwindras[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#303030] ~-~-~- [/COLOR][COLOR=Olive][B]Ringalad[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=Gray] 65 Guardian / Armourer[COLOR=#303030] ~-~ [/COLOR]65 Captain / Explorer[COLOR=#303030] ~-~ [/COLOR]65 Burglar / Historian[COLOR=#303030] ~-~ [/COLOR]61 Hunter / Woodsman[COLOR=#303030] ~- [/COLOR]60 Champion / Tinker[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Welcome back! I just came back from a multi-month hiatus myself and was a bit surprised to find the sound of crickets in many regions. Once I got to Rohan (even East Rohan and Wildermore), I started seeing many more people (Snowbourn being the most populous of East Rohan). Westemnet is far more populated, but not so much as in other times...that is until you find the Aldburg Crafting Hall which seems to be where most are hanging out these days.

I think part of the problem is that the regions of Rohan are quite vast. You can ride for an hour on the plains without seeing anyone and then return to a Quest Hub or wander into a Crafting Hall and see that there are plenty of people around after all.

Without any End-Game activities other than BBs, I think a lot of people have jumped over to Bullroarer to Beta the next Content Update, or are waiting to return when Update 13 is released.
    ~NOST CORUFAER~
    An all Elven Kinship, perfecting
    [Prized Pie] since the Dawn of the Second Age...only on Elendilmir.
    "It began with a leaf caught in the wind..."

Good to hear! I've yet to buy the Helms Deep update, debating using store points to do it versus the premium edition download which come with some extra stuff that may or may not be worth it to me, not even sure since I haven't played in Rohan proper yet. Still, I have 9 levels or so to go on my Burglar before I have to make that decision. Of course, the servers have to come back up for that to matter.
    [CENTER][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#303030] ~- [/COLOR][COLOR=gray][SIZE=1][I]Leader of [/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#303030]~[/COLOR][SIZE=3] [COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Narn en Uidirith[/B][/COLOR] [/SIZE][COLOR=#303030]~[/COLOR][COLOR=gray][SIZE=1][I]on Elendilmir [/I][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [SIZE=2][COLOR=Olive][B]Belthandir[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#303030] ~-~-~-~- [/COLOR][COLOR=Olive][B]Tirdoron[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#303030] ~-~-~-~- [/COLOR][COLOR=Olive][B]Thurgaraf[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#303030] ~-~-~-~ [/COLOR][COLOR=Olive][B]Mithwindras[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#303030] ~-~-~- [/COLOR][COLOR=Olive][B]Ringalad[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=Gray] 65 Guardian / Armourer[COLOR=#303030] ~-~ [/COLOR]65 Captain / Explorer[COLOR=#303030] ~-~ [/COLOR]65 Burglar / Historian[COLOR=#303030] ~-~ [/COLOR]61 Hunter / Woodsman[COLOR=#303030] ~- [/COLOR]60 Champion / Tinker[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Mithwindras View Post
    (still haven't touched Isengard, the book seems to have taken me from Level 75 zone to a level 70 one, whats up with that)
    The books released with Rise of Isengard take you through Dunland and the gap of Rohan, as you've seen, with the quest level advancing bit by bit to 75 (the level cap for that expansion).

After Rise of Isengard, a new free expansion zone arrived -- Great River. Originally intended for players at the level cap, so all of its quests were 75, including the new Epic book chapter.

Then Rohan came out, increasing the cap to 85, and the developers opted to re-level Great River to be a 70-75 zone. So that's why you've gone from a 75 zone into a 70 zone. (The areas of Great River nearest to Rohan are level 75 again.)
    Theofrid, Wyndriel, Wendros, Glydia, Halfrid, Fridward, Friddis, Fridli, Gondaglir

the lower level regions, particularly enedwaith and northern angmar feel like ghost towns to me....well angmar kind of should but....well you can guess what I mean.
    The revamps to north downs, trollshaws, and the misty mountains may change the feeling a little bit (although I think TS and mistys should feel wild, lonely, and desolate).
    As disappointing as end game is right now I still think the devs did a marvelous job with the scenery, openness, and just both areas of Rohan in general. Mounted combat is annoying, big blunders are great cures for insomnia, but just following the epic quests and the regional quests was a lot of fun on three toons.

I actually enjoyed hybolt but only did it one toon- they needed to add more variety to the quests you could do to rebuild the town. I found a lost friend from dunland down by snowburn in the swamps...very funny fail npc wannabe wizard...

So there are still good things about the game, just a lot of disappointment with the end game at the moment, to say nothing of the trait trees which seem to be a #### shoot for the most part.
    A cosmos without the Doctor scarcely bears thinking about- The Master

Angry

im finding the same issue... it takes almost 45mins for grouping 6mans for content.... im trying to finish out my erebor deeds and.... 3mos counting.... am pulling my hair out trying to find groups!! TURBINE LISTEN UP!! YOU KILLED THE GROUP CONTENT!!! all these solo quests and ...frankly..weak end of game content/rewards... elendilmir's population feels (you have the obvious stats we cant access) like its really fallen off as of late!

It is June 29th and this month marks my 7th year in this game and on the Elendilmir Server. I dunno but this server is feeling a bit sparce now, actually for quite a while even since before this thread was posted.

I am curious as to why the change? I can't help but think that the changes are largely the result of what was done to the game when Helm's Deep was released? I am talking Trait Trees and Epic Battles to be precise! But whatever the reason I have to agree with the OP and further state "Elendilmir no longer feels like the third most populated US server" that at one time it held the distinction of being...not for quite a while actually!
    Welden of Elendilmir

Quote Originally Posted by welden View Post
    It is June 29th and this month marks my 7th year in this game and on the Elendilmir Server. I dunno but this server is feeling a bit sparce now, actually for quite a while even since before this thread was posted.

I am curious as to why the change? I can't help but think that the changes are largely the result of what was done to the game when Helm's Deep was released? I am talking Trait Trees and Epic Battles to be precise! But whatever the reason I have to agree with the OP and further state "Elendilmir no longer feels like the third most populated US server" that at one time it held the distinction of being...not for quite a while actually!
    If you want an indication of how far E has fallen in numbers - look no further than the Bounder's Bounty Server Totals from the Fall https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...onations-Graph...we are way down the list.

As for why? I think it's b/c many of the PvMP players moved or rolled alts to Brandwine and RPers moved to Landroval. Others (like me) take multi-month hiatus b/c we are trying other games while waiting for content updates.

'Elendilmir's old, Gandalf, like butter spread over too much bread'
    Krysfaerun (105 Minstrel), Wyrana (105 Guardian), Krysfrune (105 Rune-Keeper), Krysbruin (105 Beorning), Voxmoney (40 Warden), Merrykrysmas (40 Burglar) - Vox Immortalis
    Manlyman (41 Captain) - Tappa Kegga Dae

Formerly of Elendilmir, Now of Arkenstone

I really miss Big E in it's heyday. I'll never leave E, voluntarily at least, but it's not what it used to be.

Theodhelm - Captain | Junkyard - Stalker
    Previously from ~Elendilmir Server~ the [Jewelled Bell] of servers
    ~Arkenstone~
    ~Misadventurers~

Unhappy

I am always bemused by these posts, which essentially say: "I took a long break and am amazed to come back and find that the population has dropped considerably." If YOU take a break (long or otherwise), WHY do you expect that others are not doing the same? How do you know that the "missing" are not just still on THEIR OWN breaks? I am especially baffled by those that say they were gone a year, two years, THREE years, and wow, where did everyone go?

Also, all games have a finite life. Boredom and malaise set in. SOME players have no more attention span that a flea. And people's life circumstances change. I know a lot of people from the game who used to go at this hard and heavy nearly every day. Now most of them are gone. On to other games (solo/FP types). On to other things in life. I rarely PVP but I've seen the whinging about how it never changes (just the Ettenmoors). Indeed, if you like PVP, I'm amazed people stayed with it as long as they did, as nothing really changes.

The constant "whinebitchmoaninsult&actlikea totaljerk/whinebitchmoaninsult&actlikeat otaljerk/whinebitchmoaninsult&actlikeat otaljerk/whinebitchmoaninsult&actlikeat otaljerk" for literally hours upon hours (not exaggerating, it went on last night for three hours I was on until I just filtered out WorldChat for the blessed silence) in first GLFF and now both WorldChat AND GLFF has driven people away. Certainly driven them to turn it off, and then you miss any opportunity to group up. Opportunities that are not that frequent. Particularly for me (and people like me) who refuse to group with people who name their characters things like BigDick and ImaHoor (I made those up, they probably wouldn't be allowed, but people always find a way to get their stupid and/or offensive name choices across).

There's always been some of that. But Elendilmir used to have a large population of kind, intelligent, clever, thoughtful and helpful people. Some are still there (more than it appears because of them turning off the chat channels, but a huge number of them are gone.

I'm a Founder and Lifer (and was in original beta too). I play nearly every day, at least for a little while, unless I'm out of town or such. I think I'm an anomaly. No other game has attracted me like this one, because ... Tolkien's World! I've been an alt-aholic for years, though in the last I've fallen farther and farther behind. Each expansion, I get farther behind on all but 2-3 characters. I always have something I COULD do, although the repeats of all the quests on tons of characters gets to me, to say nothing of the grind for virtue deeds and equipment (some of the reasons I fall even farther behind, I just can't manage the time or interest to do that all again and again and again). Even I, though I haven't lost interest entirely, find my interest waning a lot.

And the constant changing of skills for the various classes just makes it harder to keep up interest in relearning, retraiting, regearing, every class again and again. I started with hunter for main and LM for a secondary main. They're still my two favorite classes, but my kin needed more mini's so I pushed my forward and she's now my second main, and the LM is getting shorter shrift. I guess this paragraph is a long way of saying that Turbine/Warner Bros. has so heavily pushed the grind (that they expect us to pay our way out of), it's turning me, and probably a lot of other people, off a great deal. And now this damned socketed armour. MORE GRIND.

But hey, OP, thanks for the opportunity to vent a lot of stuff that's obviously been irritating me!
    Linden Starfall, Leader of Mithril Crowns of Elendilmir and Arkenstone